@kentangbakar i think i will get rocks thrown at me too. i am fine if he does not do fm. especially after he was mobbed in Aus. he loves his fan enough to smile all the time but it is awkward to be hugged all of a sudden.

but i am also ok if he holds a fm in our area. 

#ironic #thisyoogirlconfusing

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gycaliflower said:

I didn't even realized you wrote that you signed up to say something. I am doing the same too because I couldn't help but read (how I felt) the negative post/comments about gong yoo. I've been following this page for over a year and have seen it grown since goblin. I enjoy reading post about gong yoo and seeing photos from him that everyone posts on here. :) And am glad to know gong yoo has new fans also! I have been a fan of gong yoo before coffee prince so I just wanted to say something. I think some fans have taken it a bit too far of instead being a gong yoo fan they’ve become slightly obsessed with him. Which is fine as long as no one is saying negative things about him as I have read the last few pages. Even though I am glad to see gong yoo more popular now I hope we all  still appreciate him as a human being and actor, and set aside our high expectations of wanting him to be public with his life, seeing him in the public eye more, or having more fan meetings. I mean, I definitely would love to see gong yoo more being a long time fan but I can tell from his interviews and minimal public appearances and as a fan that he is super private about his life and we just have to accept that. Maybe he's uncomfortable with fame and fans following him such as the incident in Sydney. I do feel he is trying to be normal like how he was before his fame grew because I’ve noticed now he has been covering his appearance where ever he goes. I hope we as fans respect him and don’t cross the line of putting him in an uncomfortable position. Let’s all accept Gong Yoo as he is and support him unconditionally and pour our love to him as he has to us! Because trust me, I am so glad to see gong yoo back on screen after so many years! The new fans should also be lucky gong yoo even has fan meetings because he rarely had them years ago since he wasn’t well known yet. :( However, not everyone is in the entertainment industry for the fame or be in a competition to see who has the most fan base. I think it is quite obvious he enjoys his acting career and is super passionate and dedicated but at the end of the day, he wants to continue living a normal life as someone saidin his forum,  “as gong ji-chul”. My post isn’t to attack anyone but to have us continue showering our love to gong yoo as we have been so he won’t feel hurt or sad. Who knows, maybe he reads these forums too! Hahah.

Hi,

Based on what you said you are a long time fan of GY's, and I respect you. I envy you. I can see that you really care about GY as an individual rather than only caring about him as an actor. You are also sticking up for him and you wish others and new fans would respect him. Very admirable. It is also very nice of you to help others others out, like me, who might not know him very well. Thank you. I think you are very kind.

I am curious. When you say that you read the "negative posts/comments" about GY, are you referring to my comments/posts?  I am the only one who made negative comments/posts about him and bullied him within "the last few pages." There is no one else here who did that in last few pages. They are innocent.

I even looked back at "the last few pages" as you say, and I only saw my negative comments/posts, so I assume you are talking about my comments/posts. I said those negative comments/posts about him because I am ignorant. As I said before, I am learning how to be a better fan of his. I am learning how to respect him as a human being and actor. If my comments offended you, then I am sorry. I just wish you had expressed your feelings about my negative posts/comments directly to me, but it is your decision to make. 

You said you believe some fans have taken it a bit too far and instead of being a GY fan, they are slightly obsessed with him. You're right, but I will only speak for myself. I am slightly obsessed with him. Is there anything wrong with that? That's how I feel. I think about him constantly and I imagine myself with him. I stalk his videos online. Again, I am admitting that I am obsessed with him. Does that mean I am not his fan? If that means I am not his fan, then I am not good enough to be his fan. That is the conclusion that I have come to right now.

Yes, I am frustrated that he is so private because I want to see him all the time, but at the same time I am trying to appreciate him more as a human being and actor. I agree with you. He is super private, and some people should accept that.

He has been covering up? Is that why he has a mask on in the videos and pictures that @princess nour90 posted? 

I cannot imagine how it was for you when he barely had fanmeetings at all. You are right. New fans should be lucky. I am glad that you are happy to see him back on screen. 

I really think what you said at the end of your post is important, so I am going to quote it(does that indicate that I am quoting you twice because I already quoted you?). Here is the quote that I am referring to,

"However, not everyone is in the entertainment industry for the fame or be in a competition to see who has the most fan base. I think it is quite obvious he enjoys his acting career and is super passionate and dedicated but at the end of the day, he wants to continue living a normal life as someone saidin his forum,  "as gong ji-chul."

My post isn’t to attack anyone but to have us continue showering our love to gong yoo as we have been so he won’t feel hurt or sad. Who knows, maybe he reads these forums too! Hahah."

Yes, you are right. Who knows, maybe he reads the forums too? Oh I really hope he does not for the sake of his own sanity :). Haha.

I do not think your post is meant to attack anyone, at least not to me. I think you mean well. You probably have a lot to say so you wrote it out for everyone to see and learn from it. Thank you :).

20 hours ago, gongi said:

Good morning everyone! 

I really appreciate everyone voicing out their honest thoughts on this forum.  The good days and, the less than perfect days. I read them all. :)  So often, you articulate the very thoughts in my heart and, it makes me feel sane... again. 

Can we agree to disagree?  It is obvious that we are different in our understanding on, and expectations from this interesting (but at times, frustrating, confusing) actor GY, his works and the human GJC.  For one, our knowledge and understanding vary. Some of us are new. And there are very little information on the subject matter in English. And this seems like a wonderful platform to LEARN and SHARE. 

I wish I can read Korean because I know, things do get lost in translations, if they are available at all.  If you know of any good translations, please share them.  This is when I wish there is a more 'structural' (for a lack of better word) platform. The operative word here is 'wish'. 

I probably get stoned for saying this. I wish he would stop doing fan meetings and signings too, if popularity pains him so much. That will put him squarely into the serious actors category, which I think is what he really desires. To be honest, I think he enjoys the popularity and its' benefits too (maybe grudgingly but yes).  He just wants it with an 'ON' and 'Off' button,very much like how we all want our cake and eat it. While he is a man of many talents and virtues, clearly decisiveness is not one of them. 

Isn't it natural to be curious about people you like and adore? So while I accept his rights to privacy, I am not apologising for my curiosity.  Also, I think it is okay to be frustrated? Just because I love my friends, doesn't mean I don't get frustrated or angry with them at times. But do I leave them because of it?  The answer is no. The truth is we can embrace perfectly imperfect people, like us. And we do it all the time.

Hi. You are right, " The truth is we can embrace perfectly imperfect people, like us. And we do it all the time." I really like video and the song. Thank you for posting this. I cannot help but wonder what this song means.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Realyn Tan said:

hmm...sorry to say, but u sound like a hater? lol i hope ur ok...sounds like ur really frustrated with him. Maybe ur expecting too much of him? he's just an ordinary guy like me and you...it just happens that he acts for a living and we see him everywhere. Just be a bit more understanding :) can't wait for his next project tho! hoping it'll be in a action/thrilller genre! :))

My intention was to ignore this, because some say to ignore comments where someone accuses you of being a hater, but I think you mean well. Do not be sorry. This is your opinion. I am frustrated with him because I cannot see him all the time, like I have said before this. I am expecting too much of him, I will admit that. I do not think I am worthy of being his fan. It is not because of your comments, but your comment really made me think deeply. I am a hater. I was hating on him.

There is no excuse. As I said before I am an ignorant fan. However, I do not think that he needs a hateful fan like me. He deserves better fans. He deserves fans who respect his privacy and respect him as a person. I obviously have done none of those correctly here on this forum. I can understand why you call me a hater. I have acted like a hater. Does you calling me a hater mean that you are hating on me? Just a thought. Yes, he acts as a living. I know that. I cannot wait for his next project either. Thank you.

Edited by 2handsintertwined

11 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi. You are right, " The truth is we can embrace perfectly imperfect people, like us. And we do it all the time." I really like video and the song. Thank you for posting this. I cannot help but wonder what this song means.

The singer said the song is about, 'a girl that tries to stop him.' Not sure what that means. I thought this song might depict some of our feelings - how sometimes, we want more because of our dreams/expectations of what love should be. :wink:

I'm not good with words so I'm just going to type away.

There is no need to beat yourself up over what you feel especially in moments of frustrations. Feelings are often irrational. Just accept them and breathe.  Time and knowledge will calm your raging emotions and bring peace to your heart. Yes, age do that to people. ha ha 

Just so that you know, I do enjoy your postings. I don't think you're hater because you obviously care enough to reflect.  On the contrary,  I think it is quite shallow to say that, people who see flaws are haters - to me, it is just being realistic. And I have said it before, I like GY's somewhat tormenting and conflicting soul...

I will credit GY for instilling in me the virtue of patience and acceptance. 

@everyone

Which brings me to - what else do we 'talk' about in a forum like this?  Do we just gather to swoon and squeal over his visuals?

Dreaming Like a Fool....

Under the window here lies a glass
The bottle I threw at you
The look from your eyes, been here before
And I won't turn my back on you

Lately it feels like were drifting apart
Could be because you're insane

We still lie together every night
When I sleep I dream that we're alright
If this is love I'd rather keep dreaming

You could never be an actress
I know the knives under the mattress
Dreaming like a fool

The sinner the saint throw into play
The faking to fame's getting old
When we first met I had no idea
That you'd make your heart disappear
Sooner or later someone will get shot
I'll tell you that it won't be me

Dreaming like a fool

I'll never say in anything cause you believe in everyone except me
The one who's been watching you sleep

Dreaming like a fool

• Like 2

@gongi
actually 1 topic i wanted to ask is...what happens if GY is attached?
but i think this topic might stir up another wave of discussion :tongue:
since i already typed it out, i would say for the moment i am fine as long as he is happy.
cuz his smile is so cute isn't it ?

13 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

@casey1409 @2handsintertwined @gongi thank you all for your praises :heart::blush:

@gycaliflower @lightnessofbeing welcome in GY page , i wish you continue chatting with us about our precious actor Gong Yoo

I'm so happy GY gaining so much popularity now , i started following GY and this page was between 80:90 followers now we reaches 153 followers , we became big family now all loving GY so please focus only on GY and be nice with each others :wub:

And Don't Forget to vote for Gong yoo and Goblin drama in Dramafever awards

goblin-kdrama-ep-3.jpg

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#/

This page has 153 followers? Why does it feel like 10 only? haha ha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, angjay said:

@kentangbakar i think i will get rocks thrown at me too. i am fine if he does not do fm. especially after he was mobbed in Aus. he loves his fan enough to smile all the time but it is awkward to be hugged all of a sudden.

but i am also ok if he holds a fm in our area. 

#ironic #thisyoogirlconfusing

I think your place can bring him, mine cant, they tried but too expensive.

Im afraid if too much fms will make him exhausted. I want GY rest. From what Im seeing, he didnt have his vacation yet after the drama. I need him to rest. Stop, and recharge. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, angjay said:

@gongi
actually 1 topic i wanted to ask is...what happens if GY is attached?
but i think this topic might stir up another wave of discussion :tongue:
since i already typed it out, i would say for the moment i am fine as long as he is happy.
cuz his smile is so cute isn't it ?

For me, nothing will change unless GJC is attached me ... he he 

But honestly, I think we wouldn't know even if he is attached. When he does get married, I reckon he will opt for a private ceremony and then send out a press release. 

It will only create a wave, if you said something negative for eg. I think whoever marries him is crazy... and then you list down all the negative traits about him. Please try! I want to meet some long time-time lurker fans...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi,

Based on what you said you are a long time fan of GY's, and I respect you. I envy you. I can see that you really care about GY as an individual rather than only caring about him as an actor. You are also sticking up for him and you wish others and new fans would respect him. Very admirable. It is also very nice of you to help others others out, like me, who might not know him very well. Thank you. I think you are very kind.

I am curious. When you say that you read the "negative posts/comments" about GY, are you referring to my comments/posts?  I am the only one who made negative comments/posts about him and bullied him within "the last few pages." There is no one else here who did that in last few pages. They are innocent.

I even looked back at "the last few pages" as you say, and I only saw my negative comments/posts, so I assume you are talking about my comments/posts. I said those negative comments/posts about him because I am ignorant. As I said before, I am learning how to be a better fan of his. I am learning how to respect him as a human being and actor. If my comments offended you, then I am sorry. I just wish you had expressed your feelings about my negative posts/comments directly to me, but it is your decision to make. 

You said you believe some fans have taken it a bit too far and instead of being a GY fan, they are slightly obsessed with him. You're right, but I will only speak for myself. I am slightly obsessed with him. Is there anything wrong with that? That's how I feel. I think about him constantly and I imagine myself with him. I stalk his videos online. Again, I am admitting that I am obsessed with him. Does that mean I am not his fan? If that means I am not his fan, then I am not good enough to be his fan. That is the conclusion that I have come to right now.

Yes, I am frustrated that he is so private because I want to see him all the time, but at the same time I am trying to appreciate him more as a human being and actor. I agree with you. He is super private, and some people should accept that.

He has been covering up? Is that why he has a mask on in the videos and pictures that @princess nour90 posted? 

I cannot imagine how it was for you when he barely had fanmeetings at all. You are right. New fans should be lucky. I am glad that you are happy to see him back on screen. 

I really think what you said at the end of your post is important, so I am going to quote it(does that indicate that I am quoting you twice because I already quoted you?). Here is the quote that I am referring to,

"However, not everyone is in the entertainment industry for the fame or be in a competition to see who has the most fan base. I think it is quite obvious he enjoys his acting career and is super passionate and dedicated but at the end of the day, he wants to continue living a normal life as someone saidin his forum,  "as gong ji-chul."

My post isn’t to attack anyone but to have us continue showering our love to gong yoo as we have been so he won’t feel hurt or sad. Who knows, maybe he reads these forums too! Hahah."

Yes, you are right. Who knows, maybe he reads the forums too? Oh I really hope he does not for the sake of his own sanity :). Haha.

I do not think your post is meant to attack anyone, at least not to me. I think you mean well. You probably have a lot to say so you wrote it out for everyone to see and learn from it. Thank you :).

Thank you for your comments, but I am unsure who was talking negative about gong yoo and even if it was you, I see everyone here as a gong yoo fan. So don't think I was trying to attack you or put you on the stop. And don't feel like you aren't deserving to be his fan, everyone is. It just takes time since you are a new fan. :) I just want everyone who is his fan to be nice and respectful when talking about him. I'm not here to cause drama. :) 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, casey1409 said:

Please allow me to give u a most honored salute sunbae-nim!  And do continue guiding us through our heartbreaks from now and then... 

btw, i'm a new fan too and there's something I have been quite curious.. How's GY's english proficiency level? From his pronunciation in the movies, it feels like he's quite good in english.. But that might just be him working hard on those sentences so that he has a "I do speak native english feel"...

Thank you for your comments. You can watch it on youtube. There's some posted videos called Shall We English lessons that gong yoo did. From the way he pronounces the words and speak in English, I think he already knew/learned English because he speaks it pretty well.. I think he has grasp the basic concept of the English language and can hold a conversation. He definitely has an accent but it makes him sound even more handsome. I believe if non korean fans speak to him he'll understand.. just comesto show how well diverse and special our gong yoo is!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

I think your place can bring him, mine cant, they tried but too expensive.

Im afraid if too much fms will make him exhausted. I want GY rest. From what Im seeing, he didnt have his vacation yet after the drama. I need him to rest. Stop, and recharge. 

is he resting now? no updates from him so far? it was mentioned that he will take a break in March. or is he still active and i am outdated haha :tongue:

chingu~ u n i same place right? the tiny little dot.

@casey1409

pardon me if i might say but i think his english no matter how good, he will still sound like a true korean hehe :tongue:

true Busan ahjussi hehehe :tongue:

3 minutes ago, angjay said:

is he resting now? no updates from him so far? it was mentioned that he will take a break in March. or is he still active and i am outdated haha :tongue:

chingu~ u n i same place right? the tiny little dot.

no~~~ im from the other side of the tiny dot~~~....hahahahaha...we are connected just by a bridge~~~..

hehehe. he is?. I dont know. For me the vacation in my mind is no schedule for weeks, no works, no photoshoot. Total sign out from ent, world for a while. heeeee.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lightnessofbeing said:

I felt quite uncomfortable too, I didn't know new fans here felt this way about him. Come, let me give you a hug. :grin:

Thank you for reading what I wrote, it is just my point of view though. :blush: He gives off contradictory vibes sometimes I know, I think new fans find it confusing probably. For instance he comes across as being easily embarrassed sometimes, but he is definitely not a shy person. Self-conscious perhaps. The thing is, at his core he has never changed at all, he loves acting but doesn't really buy into the celeb worship thing. I'm not saying he eschews fame and recognition, every actor wants that to a certain extent, but I think he wants people to love him for his works and not intrude too much on his private life. I don't think that is an unreasonable thing to ask for, it's like a working mom who wants to balance her career with her kids (ok this is a bad analogy sorry Yoo, I don't mean you feel like a mom). If you need a celebrity who is often in the news, I honestly think Yoo is not the person to stan.

I realise he doesn't have a lot of old videos subbed in English, perhaps some fluent Korean-speaking fan lurking on soompi can help this fandom? I thought some of his recent subbed interviews ('recent' in his case means the past year ) were quite enlightening on how he has changed slightly since the Dogani period. 

The Age of Shadows V Live - Look at how he interacts with his cast and what the director and Song Kang Ho think of him

Train to Busan V Live - He steps up to speak for the cast when required. It's something he has done since early in his career and one of the reasons why I like him. He's always very professional when it comes to promoting his works or doing endorsement events.

JTBC Interview with Sohn Suk Hee (I don't know if it's subbed)- You can feel that he is aware of the entire production process of Train to Busan. Yoo is the type of actor who contributes actively to the production and gives his opinions freely so it takes someone very secure to direct him. Also notice how he makes weird faces when Sohn talks about him as a celebrity. :grimace:

Goblin Presscon - More on noticing his thoughts on drama production and why he is reluctant to do dramas. And handling hard questions without a sweat. Post conference V Live is interesting as well seeing how he interacts with the cast.

Korean actors don't earn a lot from acting unfortunately, the industry is not as celebrity-obsessed as some other markets. A significant portion of their income is from brand endorsements, which is why he will most definitely be doing CFs between his works. I don't think it is a conscious effort on his part to have an ON/OFF button or have the best of both worlds. It is how the industry works, I guess.

It is of course natural to want to know more about people you are attracted to, we've been spoiled by celebrity news bombarding our SNS feeds, but to form an opinion of someone perhaps fans should try to understand his point of view first. Yoo has his quirks and flaws (and I think I will argue with people like him if I have to work with them lol) but I feel like that makes him multidimensional and interesting as an actor.

Hi five!! Look at this discussion bringing out random people like us. :heart: We all have different opinions and it is perfectly fine as long as we don't insult his character, but I think older fans are just happy he is out and about and we worry more about whether he is gonna get settled down more than the number of fan meets he is going to do. I'm sure he will announce his next project in due time. GY fans just.. need to learn the virtue of patience... :wink:

Hello again,

I am so sorry for this essay, but you made me think. A lot. If you have any, did you prepare your reading glasses? :) 

I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable :(. I have made a lot of people uncomfortable with my posts, so I am not surprised I made you uncomfortable too.

As for reading what you wrote, you're welcome :). I really enjoyed reading your point of view. I know I said this before, but it really was very enlightening, and it showed me that some people don't always agree with me.  It made me take a real good look at myself and realize that I haven't been the best fan to him when all I want is to be his fan because he attracted me to him with his charms, his charisma, his hard work, his passionate acting, and his amazing personality of course :).

You're right. He does give off these contradicting vibes sometimes. Sometimes I don't really understand what he is trying to say or how he feels. I feel like he says the opposite of what he just said. As a new fan(you already know this), I found him very confusing at first after watching and reading some of his translated interviews online. I had so many questions for him after reading and watching those interviews. I think I expressed how confusing he was when I decided to unlurk and post here.

Ah, I see. He comes off as being easily embarrassed but he's not a shy person at all. I think that is contradictory. Is that what you meant?

On one of the pages in this forum, a bunch of videos of him as a guest at Lee Dong Wook's fanmeet were posted. I think he looked very shy and easily embarrassed, but now I know that he is not either of those. He is so mysterious...Then what was he feeling? I wonder. Self-conscious. Hmm. Saw this one video at age of shadows promotions I think? He kept fixing his hair. Can that be an example of him being self-conscious?

You said, "The thing is, at his core he has never changed at all, he loves acting but doesn't really buy into the celeb worship thing." Is this also contradictory? If I'm not understanding you well, please let me know. I don't really have a knack for interpreting what people mean by their words. It's interesting that you say that about him. I like how he's never really changed. Does that mean that he's staying true to himself and other people? Does it mean he's decided he won't change himself to please people? I have so many questions about him. 

"I'm not saying he eschews fame and recognition, every actor wants that to a certain extent, but I think he wants people to love him for his works and not intrude too much on his private life. I don't think that is an unreasonable thing to ask for, it's like a working mom who wants to balance her career with her kids (ok this is a bad analogy sorry Yoo, I don't mean you feel like a mom). If you need a celebrity who is often in the news, I honestly think Yoo is not the person to stan." 

On what you said above that I quoted, I understand what you're saying. About his personal life and his works, you're saying he doesn't want people to love him for anything else but his works. At the same time, he doesn't want people to intrude too much on his personal life. Nope. I don't think that's unreasonable either. He wants respect for his privacy and he wants to be taken seriously as an actor. Is that correct? About the analogy, I get it. 

About needing a person who will often appear in the news, and how GY is not the right person for someone like that to stan, yes, I needed someone like that. I think I'm spoiled. I was not prepared for the opposite of that when I first started to be GY's fan. 

I assumed he would make appearances here and there, give interviews, and have millions of fanmeets everywhere, and have social media, but I was wrong and ignorant. I made up this person in my head and told myself it was GY, and I tried to control what he does, and ask the impossible of him. I think that I misunderstood him too. 

I know I sound childish and I'm always whining and complaining about him, and I can't undo what I posted/commented. I don't take myself seriously. I think there's a saying, "if you don't take yourself seriously, then no one else will." I don't know. I might be wrong.

I'm not looking for your pity either, but I do not think I'm worthy of being his stan or fan. It's going to take me a while to keep admitting that to myself, and it kinda hurts, but I'll get over it because it's the truth. If he knew how I've mistreated him, I think he would feel hurt and disappointed and abused. I think I abused him too. That's just my opinion. I think I wanted to be close to him, but I was too aggressive instead of loving him for who he is, Gong Ji Chul.

Reading my negative posts/comments makes me hang my head in shame. I made new fans look bad. I have made a complete fool of myself.

I don't think I'm good enough for this forum. I think this place is for fans who love GY and support him. I haven't done that for him. You kind of woke me up with your post. Thank you. Really. 

No, this is not a reply to you to make you feel like I'm trying to express all my feelings to you. I was just responding to what you said, because I think it was very important in regards to GY's privacy and his goals and him wanting to be respected. Did I mention how noble it was for you, @lightnessofbeing, and now @gycaliflower to stand up for him? That makes me happy. I am happy that he has true fans who will stand up for him when he is being harmed.

Yes, I harmed him I am a hater and troll. That's my opinion of myself, it's not yours or @lightnessofbeing or @gycaliflower 's fault. I should admit it to myself. This has gotten quite lengthy hasn't it? You really made me think. Here's a little secret, you challenged me. I am happy that you challenged me. You have a lot of guts challenging someone on what they think of GY, especially when they are wrong, like me. You are awesome. I mean that. I'm not being sarcastic. 

~~~~~

You're right, there are not a lot of old videos of his that are translated into English. That was one of my complaints that I was whining about earlier :) hahaha. That was just me laughing at myself, just to let you know.

I think I complain and whine too much(so do my friends and family, shh! :) ). 

I also hope there's a "fluent Korean-speaking fan" who's lurking who will help us out :) . That would be nice, wouldn't it? I would love to know what he's saying in some interviews. About him changing slightly since Dogani period, are the Age of Shadow V Live, the Train to Busan V Live, the JTBC interview, the Goblin presscon and post conference v live the ones that enlightened you? I really need to look at these, because last time I saw them floating around they didn't have subs. 

Korean actors don't earn a lot of money? I didn't know that :( Thank you for explaining what CFs are for and why he'll be doing them and why he does them. I have posted here how I didn't like how he only does CFs. My mistake. Now I've been enlightened by you, again :) You're very enlightening :D.

"I don't think it is a conscious effort on his part to have an ON/OFF button or have the best of both worlds."  Why?

About the industry, yes, yes, that's how the it works. I won't even get started on that...

"...but to form an opinion of someone perhaps fans should try to understand his point of view first. Yoo has his quirks and flaws (and I think I will argue with people like him if I have to work with them lol) but I feel like that makes him multidimensional and interesting as an actor."

On a serious note, I agree with you when you said, "but to form an opinion of someone perhaps fans should try to understand his point of view first," because when someone doesn't understand someone, they make assumptions. They don't try to learn more about that person and they wind up hurting that person because they didn't take the time to understand that person. That's just my opinion. I'm not sure if I worded it exactly like you were implying. 

Can I agree with you on GY having quirks and flaws? I think so too, but I won't go into detail, because I don't want to sound like I'm hating on him again. I think I don't fully understand him yet to give my opinion on that. You would argue with people like him if you had to work with him, huh? :) Aww, you're cute. I wonder what it's like working with him? Now you have me curious about what it's like to work with him? You know, I wouldn't mind being hired to brush his hair and fix it. I'm being serious. I forget what they call that job.

Wow, "... but I feel like that makes him multidimensional and interesting as an actor." His quirks and flaws you mean? That is what a true GY fan looks like to me. Someone who admits he has flaws and quirks, but says that those are what makes him the best.

Thank you for giving me a little bit of your time.

Goodnight/Good morning to you/Good afternoon to you, wherever you are :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gycaliflower said:

Thank you for your comments, but I am unsure who was talking negative about gong yoo and even if it was you, I see everyone here as a gong yoo fan. So don't think I was trying to attack you or put you on the stop. And don't feel like you aren't deserving to be his fan, everyone is. It just takes time since you are a new fan. :) I just want everyone who is his fan to be nice and respectful when talking about him. I'm not here to cause drama. :) 

By the way, this not me attacking you.

I hope this doesn't sound angry/frustrated or upset.

Thank you for your reply, but have you re-read over your post about the angry comments and posts? You sound like you are uncomfortable with the posts on "a few pages." You obviously read them, am I wrong? Didn't you say you "read the last few pages"?  Why are you saying you are unsure who was talking negatively about him? All comments are attached to our names. You must've meant my comments or I am just crazy. I am not trying to make this about me. It's just that I know what I said. I am pointing the finger at myself. I just don't want anyone else here to be blamed for my actions and my actions alone. I am not angry. I'm just disappointed.

Well, that's nice of you, but I have been thinking that I am not deserving of being his fan for quite some time now. You don't have to be nice to me and say that. You're too nice, really. You're taking it upon yourself, and I don't think that's fair to you. Hey, I am not upset with you. I am upset with myself. That is not your fault. I don't even deserve the kindness you have shown me when you said I shouldn't feel like I'm not deserving to be his fan. I don't want a pity party, I really don't. I just want you to know that you don't have to be nice to people who should know better and get themselves into trouble like me. I did this to myself. Yes, everyone is deserving of being his fan, but what about those who mistreat him, and misuse him, and come off as too aggressive? I fit all those categories because I think I love him too much and I don't think I'm normal, so it's just my conclusion that I am not fit to be his fan. As I'm reading this, it looks like I'm angry at you, but I'm not.

I'm sure it does take time to be his fan, but I did not take the time. That's my fault. I also want everyone who is his fan to be respectful when talking about him, but the reality is that some people won't do that. It sucks, but it's true. I don't think you're here to cause drama. You're right you're not here to do that. You are just a concerned fan of his and you want the best atmosphere for him. Why is there anything wrong with how you feel? You can feel what you feel.

I'm sorry if I sound mad/angry/frustrated. If this post makes you uncomfortable too, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

3 hours ago, gongi said:

The singer said the song is about, 'a girl that tries to stop him.' Not sure what that means. I thought this song might depict some of our feelings - how sometimes, we want more because of our dreams/expectations of what love should be. :wink:

There is no need to beat yourself up over what you feel especially in moments of frustrations. Feelings are often irrational. Just accept them and breathe.  Time and knowledge will calm your raging emotions and bring peace to your heart. Yes, age do that to people. ha ha 

Just so that you know, I do enjoy your postings. I don't think you're hater because you obviously care enough to reflect.  On the contrary,  I think it is quite shallow to say that, people who see flaws are haters - to me, it is just being realistic. And I have said it before, I like GY's somewhat tormenting and conflicting soul...

I will credit GY for instilling in me the virtue of patience and acceptance. 

@everyone

Which brings me to - what else do we 'talk' about in a forum like this?  Do we just gather to swoon and squeal over his visuals?

Dreaming Like a Fool....

Under the window here lies a glass
The bottle I threw at you
The look from your eyes, been here before
And I won't turn my back on you

Lately it feels like were drifting apart
Could be because you're insane

Dreaming like a fool

The sinner the saint throw into play
The faking to fame's getting old
When we first met I had no idea
That you'd make your heart disappear
Sooner or later someone will get shot
I'll tell you that it won't be me

Dreaming like a fool

I'll never say in anything cause you believe in everyone except me
The one who's been watching you sleep

Dreaming like a fool

Thank you for explaining this song. I do remember what you said about GY's somewhat tormenting and conflicting soul. That sticks with me everyday and it makes me more curious about him. I am probably reading into your comments wrong, but what does this exactly mean, " On the contrary,  I think it is quite shallow to say that, people who see flaws are haters - to me, it is just being realistic." ?

@gongi
i think it might take almost forever for GY to settle down because it seems like he is always flirting with his co-actresses. 
correct me if i am wrong :tongue:

@2handsintertwined
i never felt your posts were offending. although to be honest i will feel more comfortable if you can avoid groping him if u can meet him face to face :tongue:
i mean afterall, he supposedly "belongs" to us all yea?
i feel that everyone is very nice and accommodating here. i think it's because we all have 1 common goal. we love him. 
i think we can be proud to say GY's fans are the most well behaved. *evil laughs*

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gongi said:

Just so that you know, I do enjoy your postings. I don't think you're hater because you obviously care enough to reflect.

I'm saying this in a nice way, but please don't do that. I don't want you to get dragged into this mess.

1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you for explaining this song. I do remember what you said about GY's somewhat tormenting and conflicting soul. That sticks with me everyday and it makes me more curious about him. I am probably reading into your comments wrong, but what does this exactly mean, " On the contrary,  I think it is quite shallow to say that, people who see flaws are haters - to me, it is just being realistic." ?

I wanted to emphasise that just because you are frustrated with his quirks doesn't mean you hate him. Heard of a love-hate relationship?  Love him but hate the way he makes you feel?  When we are dealing with humans, it is realistic to expect some conflicts because we are all unique in our way.  Is this better? 

I think the mess is in your heart. :wink: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angjay said:

i never felt your posts were offending. although to be honest i will feel more comfortable if you can avoid groping him if u can meet him face to face :tongue:
i mean afterall, he supposedly "belongs" to us all yea?
i feel that everyone is very nice and accommodating here. i think it's because we all have 1 common goal. we love him. 
i think we can be proud to say GY's fans are the most well behaved. *evil laughs*

Thank you :) 

12 minutes ago, gongi said:

I wanted to emphasise that just because you are frustrated with his quirks doesn't mean you hate him. Heard of a love-hate relationship?  Love him but hate the way he makes you feel?  When we are dealing with humans, it is realistic to expect some conflicts because we are all unique in our way.  Is this better? 

I think the mess is in your heart. :wink: 

Thank you :)

You're right the mess is in my heart :)