Please Help Me! Thread!

Admin

^ What player are you using? If you're using VLC, ditch that!

Here's what I've been using throughout the years:

MPlayer OSX Extended (if it still works with Lion [if you're on Lion]) http://www.mplayerosx.ch/

Movist (not the version in the Mac App Store since that's paid) http://code.google.com/p/movist/

MPlayerX (available at the Mac App Store)

NicePlayer http://code.google.com/p/niceplayer/

I use them alternately when I run into problematic videos. Though take note that I'm still on Snow Leopard. The best one that works for me is Movist. I've used Lion already and I'd recommend MPlayerX the most (since I think it's the most updated one in the bunch)

If you want to use Quick Look on avi videos (press spacebar when you have selected a vid), make sure you have Perian. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22923/perian

If none of these play your video, then the video has a problem. :)

Guest kimheami

^ What player are you using? If you're using VLC, ditch that!

Here's what I've been using throughout the years:

MPlayer OSX Extended (if it still works with Lion [if you're on Lion]) http://www.mplayerosx.ch/

Movist (not the version in the Mac App Store since that's paid) http://code.google.com/p/movist/

MPlayerX (available at the Mac App Store)

NicePlayer http://code.google.com/p/niceplayer/

I use them alternately when I run into problematic videos. Though take note that I'm still on Snow Leopard. The best one that works for me is Movist. I've used Lion already and I'd recommend MPlayerX the most (since I think it's the most updated one in the bunch)

If you want to use Quick Look on avi videos (press spacebar when you have selected a vid), make sure you have Perian. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/22923/perian

If none of these play your video, then the video has a problem. :)

Thanks for replying to my question. I am on lion. i haven't tried out your recommendations yet, but i will definitely look into all the programs. I currently have been using MPlayerX (that i got off the mac app store) and it has been working great for all the videos that i previously watched on gom player and vlc on my pc. it only doesn't work right when i play certain versions of drama files (e.g. khai, arigato) i'll try out movist though.

thanks again!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yani2006

Does anyone know how to edit the post in this thread? (i.e. deleting my post) Thank you in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thecoldplayer

Can anyone help me?
Once i have downloaded some episodes of some K-Drama in mkv format , my windows explorer explorer crashes and restarts as soon as i try to view the thumbnail or open the file .. :S
I have read about this problem and it seems that it is due to the size of the mkv file but i don't know how to solve it ...
Any help will be welcome! Thanks!

i have the same problem last 2 months and i did upgrade RAM and HDD, now it's fine.should you make it a try or ask computer experts.
any one know about the upcoming KBS drama The Great King's Dream (대왕의꿈) starring Choi Su Jeong, Choi Jae Seong , Park Joo mi .... will be premiered on September 8th this year. I wonder why there wasn't any news about this on soompi.

any one know about the upcoming KBS drama The Great King's Dream (대왕의꿈) starring Choi Su Jeong, Choi Jae Seong , Park Joo mi .... will be premiered on September 8th this year. I wonder why there wasn't any news about this on soompi.

Guest mk187

gp.jpgn_a4.jpg
hi guys, can anybody please identify these two? the first one is from the 2008 Mnet 20s Choice awards, and has proven incredibly difficult to identify her, due to the blurry face. the other one will hopefully be easier. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest violacrazy

I'm not sure if anyone has been paying attention to this drama but it was about a woman who has a daughter (about 8?) and the husband is the oldest in the family. She went through divorce with the husband because he selfishly neglects his family by sending all the hard-earned money on his own family because they praise him for being nice and stuff. 
The husband is the oldest of the three. It's him, a younger sister, and then a younger brother (might be giving the wrong order... :() Basically the younger brother is a failure and only relies on his mom to use the oldest brother to pay for debts when it arise. The younger brother's wife also does the same thing too. They beg for money to send their kids abroad.
The two girls (daughter-in-law of ripper and the sister) both dislike the oldest daughter-in-law because "she doesn't help out at their home" during dinner parties. 
It should still be airing on KBS but I can't find any information on it. Please help! Any help is greatly appreciated! [Do quote if you have an answer for me. Thank you!!!]

Guest suk4i

Hi :)
I need help in identifying this drama, but I don't know much about it, so my description is going to be pretty vague =.=. 
- Drama didn't look new/recent- Has at least 31 episodes
- Plot consists of 2 love stories, one is serious, while the other one is more cute and innocent.
- Kinda remember there being a lot of grandmas in the show
Cute/innocent couple: In the episode that I saw, the guy got a surprise(?) visit by his crush, and there's a scene where he's checking to see if his breath stinks or something.
Serious couple: The guy's girlfriend got admitted into a hospital.

Guest kayana20

Can anyone please direct me to where I can find links or downloads for Romance starring Kim Ha Neul and Kim Jae Won. I need Ep 16 episode and the rest too if possible.I would greatly appreciate it and I have been looking 2 days already but no luck.I cannot buy it since it's out of print on Yesasia.

Guest mAdNeSs~

good.morning said: Hello ! I'm looking for an old drama I saw back in the day, almost 10-12 years ago. It was about two sisters that lost their parents and they were both given the wedding rings of the parents. Then the little sister got lost in the market and grew up with a foster family while the older sister lived with their grandpa. The older sister tried looking for the younger sister, but the foster family got in the way and stole the ring from her and gave it to their own daughter so they could pose as the younger sister. Has anyone heard of this drama? I'd be so grateful for the title. :) Thank you !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nijohc

Hey guys. I need help identifying a Korean movie.
I saw my brother watching it a few years back. I think it's about a man and a young boy trying to get to a destination (maybe the boy's home? not sure. looked like they were backpacking cuz they had no money or something... not really sure). I don't really remember much about it except for this scene where they were in a subway station and the man was putting on a street performance for money. He sang on his guitar and he had to nudge the kid to hold up the "donation hat". He abruptly stopped singing and started up again immediately after people put some money in it.
Yeah... that's all I know. Thanks in advance