[drama 2005] Only You 온리유

Guest Pyoungsang

i think they first shot the korean location and then when they went to italym they shot the first episode and the last. i u look closely, jinsol (their kid) has a plaster near his lower lip in the 2nd chapter and in the last chapter he has the same plaster again.

I think they shot the Italy part first then went back to Korea to continue shooting. Cuz they shoot as it airs and the Italy scene came first.

Just wondering, was this drama originally suppose to be longer than 16 episodes? The ending looked like a rush job. It was so sudden. Was it due to lower than expected ratings so they cut it short?

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lorac

Just wondering, was this drama originally suppose to be longer than 16 episodes? The ending looked like a rush job. It was so sudden. Was it due to lower than expected ratings so they cut it short?

Interesting comment....I know that a lot of story is packed into the last episode, but it works. Any more would have drug it out.

Interesting comment....I know that a lot of story is packed into the last episode, but it works. Any more would have drug it out.

yea, longer would make it drag. But it was just so weird. One minute the dad was totally against them together, next minute, they're taking family pictures. I'm like...eh? What happened?

Guest Priscilla

I think they shot the Italy part first then went back to Korea to continue shooting. Cuz they shoot as it airs and the Italy scene came first.

I'm not the expert here, but I believe this drama's rating wasn't that bad. I remember reading at the korean sites where the fans were celebrating that this drama was surpassing the 20% rating... And I believe that rating was stable enough... Imagine, great dramas like RESURRECTION was struggling with 10% ratings all throughout, and was able to pass the 20% only during the final episodes... (after MNKSS ended). So I don't think this drama was cut short.

Priscilla- You said you are watching Sunshine Pours Down. Is that the drama with Song Hye Gyo in it?

Yah... that's the one. And better don't ask me how I liked this, cuz I could offend some fans...! :vicx:

Well, I did go through all of Resurrection and I kind of understand why it wouldn't have done that well. I think the acting by UTW was great. The story was interesting enough. But the big problem was it dragged at times. I just don't like long dramas and to have one for 24 episodes seem like abit long even for resurrection.

As for only you. Even though the story is for enjoyment. It was light hearted enough. But I didn't like how they rushed the ending. There were alot of loose ends too. Like how that chief sold out the restaurant and no one seems to know about it. And whatever happened to the deal between the chief and the guy in the corp who tried to ruin the restaurant. They never focused much on it. Just on the 2 love birds fighting all the time. And the ending when the dad was so against it, suddenly he's alright and everyone is happy. The story in general is interesting. Not the best scripted drama though.

Guest lorac

yea, longer would make it drag. But it was just so weird. One minute the dad was totally against them together, next minute, they're taking family pictures. I'm like...eh? What happened?

I think the transition from Korea back to Italy, and the scenes with Lee-jun's mother were to mark the passage of time and that everything was right with the world. The other sub plots that you pointed out were not an integral part of the story and didn't need to be resolved. The important thing was that Lee-jun and Eun-jae were together and happy.

Regarding the father, the fact that he "gave back" or "sold" his shares in Dae Young Group to run the restaurant indicated that he had a change of heart. I've never quite come to terms with him "giving back to society" or "giving back to Dae Young". Priscilla, do you rememeber that part? Even having it translated by a Korean did not help me understand, but I guess it is a minor point.

Imagine, great dramas like RESURRECTION was struggling with 10% ratings all throughout,
I wonder who may DVD boxsets were sold when it went on the market. It seems to be quite popular, and I enjoyed it. There were a few too many "longing looks" between the two leads, and they could have saved an episode by cutting out some of those... but I can forgive that, since it was such a good drama.

Guest Priscilla

I wonder who may DVD boxsets were sold when it went on the market. It seems to be quite popular, and I enjoyed it. There were a few too many "longing looks" between the two leads, and they could have saved an episode by cutting out some of those... but I can forgive that, since it was such a good drama.

I know I shouldn't talk too much about other dramas in here, but since I made the mistake of speaking of RESURRECTIONs low rating, I must redeem it by explaining that in spite of it, it became the drama with the largest internet following after DAMO and MISA. Of course more viewers wrote in the internet about this drama than about KIM SAM SOON since this drama 'inspires' people to write... that's what happened to me back then... but you have to 'pay attention' to the subtle details and even the 'twinkle' of an eye... to miss the first one would make you lose all the following clues... and in the end, you find that everything that happens fits like in a jig-saw-puzzle... No coincidence, just the returning to the beginning...

Really, this drama became one the most talked about among the Korean critics, and I became a fan of the writer Kim Ji-woo (she's my favorite writer!). The DVD... making it Director's Cut was risky for KBS... cuz it's more expensive to make and they couldn't guarantee how many they'd sell... but the FANS went crazy requesting for this, and promoting it. So KBS had to give in... I just got it... REALLY, it's such a gem, I feel everyone involved in making the DVD did it with so much love... for the Resurrection fans wouldn't have anything of a lesser quality!

ONLY YOU is of a different genre. THis is a FUN and Cute drama, especially for JHJ's factor. I enjoyed this while it lasted, but I didn't have to think too much... just drool and smile!!!! :blush:

After writing this... I now feel I should rather post this at the RESURRECTION thread... but it was in here that this discussion was 'happening'... Now now... if anyone feels I should transfer this over, let me know...

BTW... to all JHJ's fans, someone at another site asked for clips of JHJ during the time he was a singer, so I uploaded 2 clips through yousendit (which I originally got from JHJ's thread at soompi). The first one is VERY SHORT, but it's nice to see a teenager JHJ as a singer (1998)... the second one, you can hear the entire song, the main theme from his album GUARDIAN. Since the links only last like a week, I thought I should share this before it expires... GRAB THIS WHILE YOU CAN!

The first SHORT CLIP, shown while he was doing ONLY YOU? They also showed a clip of partner and wrapper Kim Kang Woo.

http://d50.yousendit.com/E/2ONLGUWC4O66B0R...JHJ_singing.wmv

To LISTEN to JHJ's song:

http://d41.yousendit.com/E/0BULOU72WC2QP1D...e4-Guardian.wma

Guest ticklemehella

i just got done watching only you and i liked it alot...the little boy boy is ultra cute and so is JHJ. but yea the end gave me WTH feeling and all of a sudden it they are taking a picture. none the less good drama in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I have the dvd 온리 유 but i haven't got any chance 2 watch it,so i lend this dvd 2 my friend....what's the story about???? worth watching drama? :blink::unsure:

This is my Only You Korean Drama Clip 온리 유

onlyyou.jpg

The first SHORT CLIP, shown while he was doing ONLY YOU? They also showed a clip of partner and wrapper Kim Kang Woo.

http://d50.yousendit.com/E/2ONLGUWC4O66B0R...JHJ_singing.wmv

To LISTEN to JHJ's song:

http://d41.yousendit.com/E/0BULOU72WC2QP1D...e4-Guardian.wma

Hi

I have just finished watching Only You. I enjoy this drama a lot. Could you please re-upload the music video and the song by JHJ? Thanks a lot.

Viv

Thanks for sharing the clips but can't d/l the file because they are expired already. Can you please reup? I've seen this drama and the story is good because it's a happy ending. Besides, it will be my first time to hear Jo Hyun Jae sings. Is his voice ok? But I like him in Only You. He's great in that drama.

Guest superivystar

hi! anybody know one of the background songs? it wasn't included in the OST i think..the one with "saranghe hajima" or something like that.. :sweatingbullets:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I just finish watching this drama today....Crap,boring & not worthed :fury: I really really regret buying this drama original dvd :angry: Waisting my money :tears::( So, I decided 2 give away this drama dvd 2 my friend :P

Guest conduongmuathu

I think this drama is ok

I watched it with Vietnamese sub, but it's so poor. And I must watch it again with E subs... I hope Vietnam TV will show it in a near day.

JHJ has a great smile !!!! And his son is very cute !!! I love them so much

But I think the first impression is more important than alls, and JHJ touched my heart with the first look in Sunlight Pours Down, so I still love Sunlight Pours Down more than Only you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest lorac

hi! anybody know one of the background songs? it wasn't included in the OST i think..the one with "saranghe hajima" or something like that.. :sweatingbullets:

Not sure if this is the one you are looking for, but there is an additional song posted in the Only You section of the OST thread here at Soompi. I'm not remembering the episode right now, but this song was the last on we needed for the subtitles, and I found it here...

the files are big is there any 350mb verison for this drama
And if you find them let me know .... I need 15 and 16!

Guest strawberry_ice

i hope JHJ visits the Philippines! Pls pls pls!!! come over JHJ!!!

this is kinda a belated reaction...ive been watching korean dramas, but this is the series i deeply fell in love with :) my vcd copy is really wearing out due to "repeats" hahaha!

and, does anyone have the english translation of JHJ and HCY interview, the one where JHJ was wearing baseball cap? whew!!! he's drop-dead handsome! B)...can anyone share it here...thanks so much! pls...

Guest chigurl

jus finished watching it..

its a bit disapointing it thought it would be better :(

i mean its not bad but i was expecting a lot more i guess

this drama was jus uploaded at www.silentregrets.com

files are around 200 to 225 mb

Archived