[variety] 불후의 명곡 - Immortal Musical Classics On Happy Sunday

Guest jahye

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally cleaned up the first post, removed the dead links and updated the episodes list. I posted a link to DKYang's blog where he uploaded all the episodes in HQ and LQ.

I think the latest episode with Joo Hyun Mi is a must watch for anyone who claims to be a fan or have knowledge about Korean music. I would rank her among the top voices in Korean music.

Doesn't she look great for her age?? (born 1961) So cute! She reminds me a little of Seo Ming Jung.. it's the smiling eyes. ^_^

1copyop5.jpg2copyub3.jpg

3copyca5.jpg4copync6.jpg

Tak Jae Hoon pointing out her dimples, even from back then.

5copyrk6.jpg

Joo Hyun Mi with Jo PD and Yoon Il Sang

20080110082001589422wz3.jpg

Jo PD and Yoon Il Sang recently teamed up to form a project group, PDIS, and one of their songs features Joo Hyun Mi

PDIS - 사랑한다 (Love You) feat. 주현미 - download

Watch the music video - here

Watch a live performance from Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter 080125 - here

Thoughts and comments on past episodes..

- Byun Jin Sub: his songs are soooo goood, totally worthy of being called Korea's 불후의 명곡. Solbi and Shin Bong Sun were really good guests too.. they could actually sing.

- Roo'Ra: being such a huge fan of them, I love this episode to bits.

- Yoon Shi Nae: got to admit I never heard of her until I saw her episode, but her songs are awesome! I can so picture her being the groovy singer of her time. The episode was really fun with the different students' attempts at her songs.

- Yoon Soo Il: the fat guy next to Yoon Soo Il was mad annoying. <_<

- Lee Seung Hwan: this episode was so much fun, despite Kim Jong Seo being a little too much.. Lee Seung Hwan and his songs are so awesome and having the live band in the back really brightened up the mood in the room. The announcer was pretty funny too, but why do they always invite people who can't sing??

- Park Jin Young: totally worth the two parts, very good episodes.

- In Soon Yi: running out of things to say.. another good episode.. fun and love her songs.

- Jang Yoon Jung: really surprised she was a teacher.. it seemed a bit out of place since Jang Yoon Jung is relatively young and hasn't been around that long. But she is famous for reviving trot among the youth. I can picture 15-20 years from now, if someone is going to pick out 불후의 명곡 from the past, 어머나 would definitely be on that list. But still, I don't know if she should have been on this show right now..

- Kang Soo Ji: she had only 3 songs on her list, but those songs are really 불후의 명곡, forever famous.. honestly I don't think there's any adult living in Korea who doesn't know her songs.

- Jo Su Mi: of course the show would have Jo Su Mi! how could they not? Her number one song is sooo good! I looove that song. Totally loved all their attempts at operatic music.. Shin Jung Hwan was pretty impressive!

- Park Sang Min: probably the first episode I didn't really enjoy. It wasn't entirely bad, just a little boring. They wasted Shinji by cutting out all her parts, almost as if she was never there.

- SES: I liked the episode but at the same I was disappointed with the way it turned out. Not because of the SES members, but I think the 3 hosts were pretty bad throughout the show, like they didn't really take the musical guest seriously. You can tell by watching how they (Tak Jae Hoon, Shin Jung Hwan, Kim Sung Eun) perform the singer's songs if they really, really respect the singer or if they just think of the singer as another person on their show.. I think they treated SES like they were just another guest on their show, not out of disrespect, but because Tak Jae Hoon and Shin Jung Hwan know the SES members so well and they're like younger sisters to them. But Kim Sung Eun was pretty annoying in this episode. Actually, she's been annoying for most of the episodes, but now she's really, really annoying.

- Joo Hyun Mi: I looove this episode! It made me fall in love with her music and her voice. It's seriously sooo goood and unmatchable. This episode is the exact opposite of the SES episode.. this time you could tell Tak Jae Hoon, Shin Jung Hwan, and Kim Sung Eun really respected the singer and were awed by her voice. Geum Bora is also so funny! I love when she's one of the guests, she's hilarious.

Guest Burning Chopstick

^Thanks for the commentary. I also thought the SES episode was a little lacking. The emphasis seemed to be placed on the antics more so than SES's accomplishments. I know it's supposed to make the show more entertaining, but I kinda felt like SES got the short end of the stick.

Latest episode was a treat though. Joo Hyun Mi has awesome vocals and a killer smile too.

I finally cleaned up the first post, removed the dead links and updated the episodes list. I posted a link to DKYang's blog where he uploaded all the episodes in HQ and LQ.

Thoughts and comments on past episodes..

- Joo Hyun Mi: I looove this episode! It made me fall in love with her music and her voice. It's seriously sooo goood and unmatchable. This episode is the exact opposite of the SES episode.. this time you could tell Tak Jae Hoon, Shin Jung Hwan, and Kim Sung Eun really respected the singer and were awed by her voice. Geum Bora is also so funny! I love when she's one of the guests, she's hilarious.

^could you gimmie a bit more background on Joo Hyun Mi --->like how she knows chinese and chinese songs?

It was funny seeing Tak Jae Hoon asking if she knew some canto songs.

can anyone tell me what they were talking about in the first 2 mins of ep 27, I really want to know what happened between luvada and shin jung hwan.

recommended episode:

Song Dae Kwan: This one was funny -->the first show with Luvada Dunford as the weekly guest (she was in eps 25,27,and 31; she started out on the Chatting with Beauties show) she really clicks with the rest of the people.

^Thanks for the commentary. I also thought the SES episode was a little lacking. The emphasis seemed to be placed on the antics more so than SES's accomplishments. I know it's supposed to make the show more entertaining, but I kinda felt like SES got the short end of the stick.

Latest episode was a treat though. Joo Hyun Mi has awesome vocals and a killer smile too.

Glad to know other people noticed too.. they really did get the short end of the stick. I hope those guys don't do the same thing this week with Baek Ji Young as the featured singer, since they know her pretty well.

^could you gimmie a bit more background on Joo Hyun Mi --->like how she knows chinese and chinese songs?

It was funny seeing Tak Jae Hoon asking if she knew some canto songs.

can anyone tell me what they were talking about in the first 2 mins of ep 27, I really want to know what happened between luvada and shin jung hwan.

recommended episode:

Song Dae Kwan: This one was funny -->the first show with Luvada Dunford as the weekly guest (she was in eps 25,27,and 31; she started out on the Chatting with Beauties show) she really clicks with the rest of the people.

Joo Hyun Mi is mixed.. I'm not postive if it's half and half, or a different percentage, but her father is Chinese (not positive if he's full or half or less..) and her mother is Korean. I don't know much else about her.. she revealed in the episode she met her husband when she was singing and touring with Jo Young Pil, another legendary Korean singer, and her husband was the guitarist in his band. They showed a clip of when she won the award, they said her speech was famous because her first words were 여보, which is what you call your husband or wife ^_^

Lu is funny, I miss her on Misuda.. although it's nice to have her on this show, it's good they don't have her on too much.. because sometimes too much can become a bad thing.. not that I don't like her, but it's good she comes at intervals and not all the time. It has been a while since she's been on the show.

So because of this show, I've been listening to these songs over and over :lol: I thought maybe others would also like to listen, so I uploaded some of them.

Please excuse the low quality because I got them all from Naver blogs..

These are the top 5 songs for Joo Hyun Mi

#5. 눈물의 블루스

megaupload or sendspace

#4. 잠깐만

megaupload or sendspace

#3. 비 내리는 영동교

megaupload or sendspace

#2. 짝사랑

megaupload or sendspace

#1. 신사동 그사람

megaupload or sendspace

These are other popular Joo Hyun Mi songs

또 만났네 - megaupload or sendspace

러브레터 - megaupload or sendspace

Sometime last year Joo Hyun Mi and Younha peformed together on Music Core. They sang the Chinese song she sang in her episode and her song 짝사랑.

Here's the performance on youtube

And this is the audio rip: megaupload or sendspace

Some older songs from past episodes:

Jo Su Mi's 나가거든 - megaupload or sendspace

Kim Soo Hee's 애모 - megaupload or sendspace

Guest theLEGEND

^Thank you so much for the information. I've been wondering about Joo Hyun Mi's background. I've never heard anything about her. I really adore her<3. I'm surprised when she speaks chinese and really good at it. ^_^

You know by watching this show, it really does widen my knowledge about korean oldies songs (since I'm not korean) and definitely one of my favorite variety shows besides, Shin Jung Hwan is <333. LOL! :D

Thank you for sharing Joo Hyun Mi songs. Do you happen to have Kim Heung Gook - Ho Rang Na Bi song? I've been looking for that song forever! Thanks in advance. :)

^Thank you so much for the information. I've been wondering about Joo Hyun Mi's background. I've never heard anything about her. I really adore her<3. I'm surprised when she speaks chinese and really good at it. ^_^

You know by watching this show, it really does widen my knowledge about korean oldies songs (since I'm not korean) and definitely one of my favorite variety shows besides, Shin Jung Hwan is <333. LOL! :D

Thank you for sharing Joo Hyun Mi songs. Do you happen to have Kim Heung Gook - Ho Rang Na Bi song? I've been looking for that song forever! Thanks in advance. :)

according to :

http://world.kbs.co.kr/german/enter/music_...il.htm?No=10159

Joo Hyun Mi is third generation Chinese-Korean!<---i guess thats why she can speak chinese pretty well

more info in the link for those of you interested^^

jahye : thanks for updating the first page. And thanks for the songs...will d/l them. Ooh thanks for sharing your insights on some of the episodes too.

thanks to everyone that uploads this show to their CBs and direct links (DKyang).

I've been watching it on youtube lately...and I love this show.

Since there's quite a few (39) episodes out already..can someone give me a recommendation on what episodes are must see?

I've only seen a few -- Roo'Ra, DJ DOC, Jang Yoon Jung, Tae Jin Ah, Kim Jang Hoon, Park Jin Young, Shin Seung Hoon.

Of the ones I've seen I enjoyed the Park Jin Young and Jang Yoon Jung ones the most. I do agree with jahye though..I found it weird that they have Jang Yoon Jung in there...I don't think she should have been there yet. I really enjoy the episode with her though--it was hecka funny.

Sorry for the low quality, but this is the best I could find on Naver

Kim Heung Gook 호랑나비 - megaupload

Since there's quite a few (39) episodes out already..can someone give me a recommendation on what episodes are must see?

I've only seen a few -- Roo'Ra, DJ DOC, Jang Yoon Jung, Tae Jin Ah, Kim Jang Hoon, Park Jin Young, Shin Seung Hoon.

Of the ones I've seen I enjoyed the Park Jin Young and Jang Yoon Jung ones the most. I do agree with jahye though..I found it weird that they have Jang Yoon Jung in there...I don't think she should have been there yet. I really enjoy the episode with her though--it was hecka funny.

I recommend watching all them because they're all good :lol:

If you're going for pure fun and laughter, then Kim Gun Mo, Sobangcha, Jo Young Nam, Ha Choon Hwa, Kim Heung Gook, Yoon Shin Ae, Lee Seung Hwan, In Soon Yi, Kang Soo Ji, Jo Su Mi, SES are fun episodes.

If you're watching to listen to really good music (they're all good music, hence the name of the show ^_^) and want to know more about Korean music besides boy/girlband Kpop, then Nam Jin, Kim Jong Seo, Sul Woon Do, Kim Soo Hee, Park Nam Jung, Lee Seung Chul, Yang Hee Eun, Ha Choon Hwa, Hye Eun Yi, Byun Jin Sub, Yoon Shin Ae, Jo Su Mi, and Joo Hyun Mi are good to watch.

My personal favorite episodes are Kim Gun Mo, Nam Jin, Kim Jong Seo, Sobangcha, Kim Soo Hee, Jo Young Nam, Byun Jin Sub, Roo'ra, Yoon Shin Ae, Lee Seung Hwan, In Soon Yi, Kang Soo Ji, Jo Su Mi, and Joo Hyun Mi. (the green ones being my top 5)

I recommend watching all them because they're all good :lol:

If you're going for pure fun and laughter, then Kim Gun Mo, Sobangcha, Jo Young Nam, Ha Choon Hwa, Kim Heung Gook, Yoon Shin Ae, Lee Seung Hwan, In Soon Yi, Kang Soo Ji, Jo Su Mi, SES are fun episodes.

If you're watching to listen to really good music (they're all good music, hence the name of the show ^_^) and want to know more about Korean music besides boy/girlband Kpop, then Nam Jin, Kim Jong Seo, Sul Woon Do, Kim Soo Hee, Park Nam Jung, Lee Seung Chul, Yang Hee Eun, Ha Choon Hwa, Hye Eun Yi, Byun Jin Sub, Yoon Shin Ae, Jo Su Mi, and Joo Hyun Mi are good to watch.

My personal favorite episodes are Kim Gun Mo, Nam Jin, Kim Jong Seo, Sobangcha, Kim Soo Hee, Jo Young Nam, Byun Jin Sub, Roo'ra, Yoon Shin Ae, Lee Seung Hwan, In Soon Yi, Kang Soo Ji, Jo Su Mi, and Joo Hyun Mi. (the green ones being my top 5)

thanks jahye for your recs. I love Kim Jong Seo's songs..so that is definitely on my to watch list.

I normally opt for the pure laughter ones because sometimes if it's more serious I miss out on the 'story' (i.e if the sonsaengnims are telling stories). My Korean is quite limited so the more 'action' in the episodes the better for me..hehehe..

Mucho gracias on Kim Heung Gook 's 호랑나비 --been wanting that song for a while.

Hey, y'all. I'm really busy right now and don't have time to post it all over Soompi because it takes me at least 15 minutes due to my slow computer, soompi being laggy at times, and internet connectiions. So, just remember that I'll always have it on my blog. If any one of you would like to post it here in this thread for me, feel free to do so, but just remember to post a link to my blog along with it. I'll post which clubboxes I go to as for credit on the blog.

Thanks for downloading from me and enjoy the shows! :)

Archived