[drama 2007] Golden Bride (황금신부)

Guest yeohweping

Yay!!! Great ratings! *hugs all*

Gerry and scout, i see where you two are going...maybe he really is trying to fill that "place".

If it is him, if he is her dad that means that he went to Vietnam years ago, had an affair with Jinjoo's Mom and then returned to Korea to his "loving" family without a care in the world on what would happen to his daughter and the woman who believed that he truly loved her behind. Wow, that was a mouthful. Young Min is older than Jinjoo so it surely couldn't have happened before he married Ok Kyung. That little sleeze ball.

The way he treats Ji Young creeps me out but if he is trying to compensate by treating Ji Young like the Princess that she thinks she is or has become than...ewwww.

Once again, Luv, thank you for the caps and flyfany89 for the links! I, too, have been unable to watch anything else except eppie 4 today...rewinding and fastforwarding but mostly rewinding, hehe.

Good to see some new members peeking in.

v Awww, he really is a sweet guy. Stupid Ji young...how can she do that? All for money. Jinjoo does not know he's sick.

Edit:

Aigoo, the preview for eppie 5 and 6 is so good!!! Why is next saturday so far away?? He looks really worried.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yeohweping

jun ji Thanks for all those summaries, Luv for the great pictures and flyfany89 for all u/ls :blush:

JY is really a all-getter who

told jw that she was going to marry him when she returns after 6 months for states. But in the end, she met YM there and changed her mind because YM is rich. And when Jw goes to States to stop her from breaking up with him, she calls the cops on him. Then due to the stress of breaking with JY and the ill-treatment of the cops in a country that he was unable to communicate, his mentality broke down and so that was how he became sick.

Serve her right when JW's mom slapped her.

Because of her, JW told his dad in ep.02 by the river that

he was at fault to believe that there was true love in the world and he wasn't going to marry anyone. Although he may seems normal on the outside but it's still a fact that he is sick and his mom wasn't going to tell the girl she got for him that he's.

But he did married JJ in the end.

Guest kimtoa

darn SBS why do they have to stop right at the kiss.

from the preview of ep 5 JW is not going to kiss JJ and he will go to the beach...and JJ looks for him I guess? and he hugs her...from JW character, I think he is a person who is weak inside/mentality, he puts to much love and trust to his ex that's why when she broke up with him he so devastated.

So sad for JJ to fall sick and JW's reaction is priceless, he get scare....

Look how JJ look at JW...I really want to know what he said to her that make her look so richard simmons off in eyes??

In Ep 4 even though I don't understand a thing what they said but I like to watch the meeting of JJ and JW scene. they played the scenes pretty good. I would be awkward and tongue tied too, but JJ is good she breaks the spell....

Can't wait for next week so bad now

how the rating get increase

anyone do the sub for this drama???

Guest yeohweping

Read the first page for the subbing rules, our team will be doing a three strike out. Subbing will be stop immediately if anymore requesting of subs appears or any rules from the first page broken.

We'll be bearing it for another 2 more times before we stop putting up the subs. And we will also withdrawal away every sub that were put up before as well.

Warning is already given! So beware!

Guest closet_queen

just like to ask what type of series this is...

is it drama, romance or comedy? thanks!

^ It's a little of everything. You have your serious moments, your funny moments and moments where you just go "what the?", lol.

yeohweping, I believe kimtoa was merely asking whether anyone has decided to take up the project of doing subs. Kimtoa, yeohweping and her little elves have graciously taken up the project and will do all that they can to help provide us non-koreans with subs.

*waits patiently :D *

Guest kimtoa

^ It's a little of everything. You have your serious moments, your funny moments and moments where you just go "what the?", lol.

yeohweping, I believe kimtoa was merely asking whether anyone has decided to take up the project of doing subs. Kimtoa, yeohweping and her little elves have graciously taken up the project and will do all that they can to help provide us non-koreans with subs.

*waits patiently :D *

ok dokey!!! thanks jun ji yeah that was my question thanks for clearing it up

sorry yeohweping for getting you mad

Guest chellenaruto1990

hm

i only watched episode 4 and i love it!

but reading the posts im kinda confused.

JW is sick?

i dont get.

can sumone please explain?

thanxso much

Guest ripgal

I just watched an ep..Ep 1. It was pretty good and fast paced.. went straight to the point.

But I'm still confused with all the characters' names...the synopsis got me confused and blur too. So all the characters' fates/lives are entertwined huh? The Kim and Kang family?

But other than that, it was quite good for a start. Altho I didn't get to see much of Jun Woo/SCI..I think he's pretty cute. :P He'd make a perfect match with Jin Joo..

Thanx a lot for the caps Luv. :)

Lee Young Ah just reminds me of somebody...can't recall..and it's been quite some time seeing a woman with such long straight hair..^_^

^ Isn't he cute??? :wub:

Story is:

Jung Woo and Ji Young were together 3 years ago, but when she left for the states she then met Young Min, who's rich, and broke up with Junwoo. He went to the states to stop her from breaking up with him but instead she called the cops on him and they beat him. Now suffering from OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) Junwoo is sick. Seeing this his mom, Jung Han Suk decides to leave for Vietnam to find him a bride. She meets Nguyen JinJoo who is half-korean and half-vietnamese. Her father had left her and her mother promising to return when she was little but he never did return. She works for the same match-making company (as a translator) that Junwoo's mother is working with to find her son's bride. Jinjoo's mom is losing her sight after a fall at work and needs surgery but because they have none, Jinjoo offers herself as the bride for $1,500. Because of the failed meetings she's had with some of the Vietnamese girls, Han Suk (Junwoo's mom) agrees to accept Jinjoo's offer. Jinjoo covinces her mom that she's doing the right thing and that once she gets to Korea she is going to look for her dad.

Ji Young is getting married to Young Min. Young Min is the oldest of two sons. His younger brother is Young Su (played by Kim Hee Chul) who's motto seems to be "No work and all play". One night Young Su goes to a club and meets Kang Sae Mi, the youngest sister of Junwoo. He becomes attracted to her but she doesn't see him in the same light. However, he's not quiter. Sae Mi works as a model and has an admirer by the name of Heo Dong Gu, who does everything for her but she doesn't like him. One day Dong Gu seeks the help of Won Mi, Junwoo and Sae Mi's older sister to help propose to Sae Mi. Which he did but was rejected.

Ji Young has a run in with Han Suk and things get ugly. Her in-laws are way to fond of her but her fiance, Young Min, seems to be wondering about her past after an incident involving Junwoo's mom at a lunch meeting their moms had.

Junwoo is sick, he has episodes where his throat closes in and relives the moment in the states when he's chasing Ji Young through the apartment complex trying to stop her breaking up with him, then getting beaten by the police. He takes meds daily and seems to love carpentry as he has a little workshop at home.

JinJoo arrives to Korea, they meet, go on a little date and they finally wed. Ji Young and Young Min wed too. Young Su gets rejected again by Sae mi, then later his car gets hit by her. Won Mi and Dong Gu can't seem to be on the same page. Jinjoo with Junwoo and Ji Young with Young Min leave for their honeymoons and that's where we are at.

Hopefully that helped.

Guest ripgal

^ Thank you so much for the clarifications. I guess I was just too zonked out when reading the summary on the first page. (with so many names and stuff..etc)

Your summary was so much more detailed..thank you for the effort. I really appreciate it..:)

I'll watch more to understand all the disputes and stuff going on between those 2 families..

Lee Young Ah just reminds me of somebody...can't recall..and it's been quite some time seeing a woman with such long straight hair.. ^_^

She looks like Barbie Xu who played Shan Cai in the TWDrama Meteor Garden. Barbie is also F4's Vic Zhou (ZaiZai) girl friend.

Jun ji Did he get OCD with panic attack from sever depression? Did this happen because he loved too deep or what??? That seems like such a debilitating illness to get just from a breakup.

^ I don't know. I'm guessing that he really loved her and I mean REALLY loved her. He seemed like such a happy person in that flashback with him sleeping on the grass and Ji Young dripping droplets of water on him. It could be from depression after the break-up, cause it seems he keeps reliving that moment when he was chasing her through the apartment complex every time he has one of his episodes and man are those episodes scary :unsure: .

We'll have to wait and see what happens next. Like I said previously, hopefully the series will reveal more to us about what really happened back then.

I hope you're enjoying the series so far.

i know i'm a little late to be adding comments about episode 1, but i can't help it ^_^ this drama is starting out so good.! i cried towards the last 2 minutes of the episode when Jin Joo came into the hotel room and begged Jun Woo's mom for forgiveness for not showing up on time and not keeping her words, her explanation brought me to tears. I cried with her when she said "I don't want to be like my dad"...."He said he would return, he told me to wait, but he didn't keep his promise, i don't want to be like him"... my goodness she has some mad acting skills!

Guest C51236

i dont get Ji Young... i mean she still luvs Jun Woo but she broke up with him for a richer man....she called the police...and basically he was beat up... the police didnt understand what he was saying and he couldnt defend himself... they probably thought he was a predator or something....

i wish Jun Woo could forget about JY but he cant... apparently she was and still is the love of his life... i just hope he can get to know Jin Joo better....

heard from the previews that Jun Woo says something to Jin Joo and JJ looks at him... maybe she's looking at him with hatred or disgust??? or is it pity??? i think JW told JJ what's wrong with him... u know since his mom didnt tell JJ of his condition b4 they got married...

i dont get Ji Young... i mean she still luvs Jun Woo but she broke up with him for a richer man....she called the police...and basically he was beat up... the police didnt understand what he was saying and he couldnt defend himself... they probably thought he was a predator or something....

i wish Jun Woo could forget about JY but he cant... apparently she was and still is the love of his life... i just hope he can get to know Jin Joo better....

heard from the previews that Jun Woo says something to Jin Joo and JJ looks at him... maybe she's looking at him with hatred or disgust??? or is it pity??? i think JW told JJ what's wrong with him... u know since his mom didnt tell JJ of his condition b4 they got married...

I must have missed that part. That's kind of mean for JW mother not to tell JJ abot his condition. What if he has an attack?

Each time I come across some kind of medical condition in a drama I tend to look it up for more information just so I can understand what is going on. Anyway, I like looking at the American TV series Monk. He is a detective also stricken with OCD. All I every did was laugh at his condition (of course he made it funny since it is a comedy show). Anyway Monk does not have the panic attacks like JW. The panic attacks is what made me do research on it. I was shock to find out how serious and debilitating this condition is. It must be terrible walking around physically feeling like you are dieing when actually you are not. In fact it's as they say ..... "It's all in your mind". I guess it like that other saying "A coward dies a thousand deaths" I'm not calling him a coward, I just imagining him feeling like he is dieing over and over again.

So, my bottom line is... shouldn't the mother have told JJ about JW, if nothing else at least for her own son's safety?

Guest ripgal

^ Yeah..I think the mother should have told JJ about JW's condition. But I guess she's too engrossed in finding a company for her son, and plus she could be afraid of the fact that JJ might be deterred by the fact that she could be marrying a mentally distorted son.

I just watched till Ep 2..and I really felt bad for JW. I never knew there was such an illness in this world..that you could get panic attacks just like that..just from a horrific and bad experience. JJ will certainly find out sooner or later..but I think by that moment she will have already fallen for JW and despite everything, she will do what she can and stay by JW's side. Oh I love such moments..The moment I saw JW striken with the attack, I was already imagining JJ by his side, helping him and accompanying him thru his pain, helping him forget about all his bad experiences with Ji Young...etc.. So Kdrama-ish eh? :sweatingbullets:

Anywayz, I'm hooked now.. and I can't imagine it's gona be 50 eps! I hope I can stay till the very end

p/s: I totally adore Sae Mi's sister..played by Hong Eun Hee right? She's soooo naive...:lol:

So, my bottom line is... shouldn't the mother have told JJ about JW, if nothing else at least for her own son's safety?

gerryg...yeah...when the aunt & JW's mom was on the plane...the aunt told her not to be too hopeful... because once people know about JW's condition...there will be a lot less people who wants to marry him.

JW's mom insisted that once JW got married...he will no longer have that condition and most importantly...she's afraid that the new bride won't treat him well if she knows of his condition.

The aunt was uncomfortable with that idea but JW's mom said she'll do anything for her son...

The aunt was worried about that a lot...but JW's mom said she knows how to deal with that.

Hi ripgal...hehe...glad to have you here...

You have to catch up quickly...episode 4 is so good...I can't wait until the weekend...hehe...

Yeah...Hwan Mi is so pretty but there's something about her role...hehe...she seems really nice though.

C51236...I'm not sure if it's JY who called the police...maybe it was her neighbor...

It's so unfortunate for JW. He was the best student...smart and has a bright future but love destroyed him.

Can't wait for him to fall in love with Jinjoo.

jun ji...Thank you so much for that synopsis. :wub:

chellenaruto1990...jun ji already posted her explanation about JW's illness...hehe...

It's so sad...that incident 3 years ago left him pretty much disabled.

Guest C51236

Luv... i'm not sure but i think i've been reading posts that said that Ji Young was the one who called the police... not sure..

yep... cant wait for JW to fall in love with JJ but it's probably gonna be a while... what with 50 episodes and all... it's not likely that they'll both be in luv with the other anytime soon.... but i cant wait to see their scenes together... JJ is soooo full of life... think that will be good for JW since he's been soooo down these past few years.... i think it's safe to say that it's JJ who's falling in luv first since JW is still caught in the past... he cant seem to let JY go... even though she's married now to another man... and he's married to JJ as well... wonder y he's screaming at the beach???? cuz he cant move on or cant let JY go???

i think Choi Yeo Jin (JY) looks sooooooo pretty.... but i luv Lee Young Ah (JJ) more though... i know that they wont admit their feelings for each other anytime soon (JW & JJ) but i also cant wait until JY finds out that JW got married... the same week that she got married as well... cant wait to see her jealously... etc... wonder if this will all happen this week or not???

Archived