RONDO 輪舞曲 (drama)

Guest dadedum

thanks Jas and Fel for your reply. I forgot to made announcement about spoiler when i asked that question :sweatingbullets: .

i still have some question since the subtitle is Malay so i kind of try to match the words here and there.

1. Takumi is Korean right ? But why his name is Japanese ? I knew that Yuna has Japanese name, but did Takumi has Korean's name before he changed his name into Japanese. Or Takumi is not Korean so that's why his mother back to Japanese instead of stayed at Korean.

2.Regarding my first question, what is Yuna's real father occupation ? was he a police too ?

3. Well..if Takumi is korean, how come his dad make a friends with Isaki, which we know is Japanese officer ?

Gee, Apple Red….those questions really made me recapped again about the identities of Takumi and his family. I hope the answers to your questions make sense …… :rolleyes:

Question 1

Yes, Takumi is a Korean grown up in Japan (Japanese citizen) with a Japanese name (probably same status as some “Indonesian Chinese” who is born as Chinese but was given an identity with an “Indonesian name”). They moved back to Japan after his father died because they lived in Japan and I think it is because of Takumi’s father duties (police officer) that brought them to Korea (may be temporary) .

Question 2

Chie Yuna aka Ai Sakura’s parents were killed by Shin-ku and because of that I would think that Yuna’s biological father is a Police Officer or another probable profession could be that he is a “politician~~high profile business man) and had “politically” offended Shin-ku’s organization. Anyway, this is only based on my own assumptions and may not be accurate…. ;)

Question 3

Isaki san and Takumi’s father are colleagues (Japanese cops). I think the Japanese Police Dept. had sent their men to Korea to carry out some investigations on the activities of one of the most deadly Mafia gangs (Shin-ku) operating in Japan and Korea (the ties between Ryujiro and Song Gyu Hwan). When Takumi’s father died, Isaki was the one who had consoled and answered queries from Takumi’s mother.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest apple red

I'm not sure if I should watch this or not......... Choi Jiwoo.. not my faovrite actress... hahah

so dont watch it if you dont like her and yr preferance is based on the cast. simple as that.

Guest dr jung

so dont watch it if you dont like her and yr preferance is based on the cast. simple as that.

Well, I was interested in watching this in the first place, because I was looking for a j-drama to watch from 2006 1st quarter... and nothing seemed interesting... except this (since it's kr/jp cast). According to some people in this thread, it's good, so I might wanna actually try watching it. :P

Well, I was interested in watching this in the first place, because I was looking for a j-drama to watch from 2006 1st quarter... and nothing seemed interesting... except this (since it's kr/jp cast). According to some people in this thread, it's good, so I might wanna actually try watching it. :P

Well, if you are looking for a complex storyline with substance, intriguing story plots with lots of non-stop action, then this drama (RONDO) is for you. I read that you prefer to watch a drama because of the casting but at times do give the script writer a chance to reveal her talent "craftsmanship of scripting" and allow the cast to perfect the script in their "story telling" through acting.

The entire cast are all superb actors (an ensemble of a first class actors in this J/K-JV Production).....you'll enjoy watching all of them in their respective roles. Even if you are not a fan of Yutaka or Choi Ji Woo, you'll enjoy everything this drama has to offer you. You've got nothing to lose in attempting to watch it. Who knows, you may end up adding CJW or any other actors in your A-list of actors! Geez! I sure do sound like someone trying to "hard-sell" RONDO.... ;)

Good Luck.... :D

Guest apple red

Gee, Apple Red….those questions really made me recapped again about the identities of Takumi and his family. I hope the answers to your questions make sense …… :rolleyes:

Question 1

Yes, Takumi is a Korean grown up in Japan (Japanese citizen) with a Japanese name (probably same status as some “Indonesian Chinese” who is born as Chinese but was given an identity with an “Indonesian name”). They moved back to Japan after his father died because they lived in Japan and I think it is because of Takumi’s father duties (police officer) that brought them to Korea (may be temporary) .

Question 2

Chie Yuna aka Ai Sakura’s parents were killed by Shin-ku and because of that I would think that Yuna’s biological father is a Police Officer or another probable profession could be that he is a “politician~~high profile business man) and had “politically” offended Shin-ku’s organization. Anyway, this is only based on my own assumptions and may not be accurate…. ;)

Question 3

Isaki san and Takumi’s father are colleagues (Japanese cops). I think the Japanese Police Dept. had sent their men to Korea to carry out some investigations on the activities of one of the most deadly Mafia gangs (Shin-ku) operating in Japan and Korea (the ties between Ryujiro and Song Gyu Hwan). When Takumi’s father died, Isaki was the one who had consoled and answered queries from Takumi’s mother.

thanks for the reply Fel and ovette...

I know, this question was beyond the story. But frankly, it's popped up my mind when i watched the drama. I mean, it's kinda hard for, just example, Indonesian officer became Malaysian officer just like that.

I finished the drama already. Another sad moment was when Kim Youngjae's died. I think he loves Yuna deep in his heart. Remember his last rqst was to see her smile to him.

You know before eps 10, we were barely to see how Takumi's feel towards Yuna. But when suddenly he punch Kim Young jae because he put Yuna on a trap plan (which was failed) due Song's acknowledged, i found out how much he care for her. And he went to her, eventhough he was in danger himself. For me, that was the moment Takumi admitted his feeling to her (plus when he hold Yuna from behind was priceless :blush: )

Guest ovette

no problem! i enjoyed this drama as much as you did!

Another sad moment was when Kim Youngjae's died. I think he loves Yuna deep in his heart. Remember his last rqst was to see her smile to him.

yah, i agree with you. he loves yoon-a so much that he wants to save her from shengku. he also entrusted yoon-a to takumi coz he knows only takumi can protect yoon-a. for yoon-a's safety, he must sacrifice his love.

You know before eps 10, we were barely to see how Takumi's feel towards Yuna. But when suddenly he punch Kim Young jae because he put Yuna on a trap plan (which was failed) due Song's acknowledged, i found out how much he care for her. And he went to her, eventhough he was in danger himself. For me, that was the moment Takumi admitted his feeling to her (plus when he hold Yuna from behind was priceless

for me, the time when they both cried in the bridge was the best. their hearts spoke. even if they communicate properly, they understand each other deeply. another one was when yoon-a asked takumi to promise her that they would meet again and did the "yaksok" syn, instead of sealing it with the pinky, takumi pulled her to hug her tight. this was really sweet and showed how much she cared fr yoon-a hehe! :lol::lol:

Guest gracie102

:D i watched this drama a month ago... and i loved it...

sadly, my disc 6 was not working so... i really don't know what happened there...

ummm... seeing jiwoo holding was like what the...

but then, i loved it... hehe... she looks good really good in portraying the role of yuna...

at first i was a bit hesistant to watch it because i don't know... maybe i am afraid that i will not like jiwoo's role in this soap opera...

but then, after seeing all the pictures posted in jiwoo's site and threads... i was convinced to watched it... and i think i made the right decision... maybe i was at first to watch rondo not just because i'm afraid that i will not like it... but also because i was so used in seeing our princess in heavy dramas and having to see her in a drama that i am not quite familiar with... and japanese actors to work with her... i was really afraid, afraid that people might not like it or people might find it weird for jiwoo to di this kind or role... with jiwoo's angelic face, it was not in my wildest dreams to see her holding a gun ... and jiwoo... mafia? it's a whole new world not just for our princess but also to her fans...

but to sum it all up... i loved the drama... and i'm looking forward again in seeing our princess in a new project with a different plot... a plot that is different to all the drama that she has done...

gracie

Guest ovette

for me its good that jiwoo accepted this drama, give a more intense role for her, far from the heavy crying she always does. here she is a sweet gurl that turned out to be not so innocent at all. i loved her role here. fierce but also sweet. even in this drama, she's still a princess. loved her hair so much!! really fits her.

Guest apple red

:D i watched this drama a month ago... and i loved it...

sadly, my disc 6 was not working so... i really don't know what happened there...

ummm... seeing jiwoo holding was like what the...

but then, i loved it... hehe... she looks good really good in portraying the role of yuna...

at first i was a bit hesistant to watch it because i don't know... maybe i am afraid that i will not like jiwoo's role in this soap opera...

but then, after seeing all the pictures posted in jiwoo's site and threads... i was convinced to watched it... and i think i made the right decision... maybe i was at first to watch rondo not just because i'm afraid that i will not like it... but also because i was so used in seeing our princess in heavy dramas and having to see her in a drama that i am not quite familiar with... and japanese actors to work with her... i was really afraid, afraid that people might not like it or people might find it weird for jiwoo to di this kind or role... with jiwoo's angelic face, it was not in my wildest dreams to see her holding a gun ... and jiwoo... mafia? it's a whole new world not just for our princess but also to her fans...

but to sum it all up... i loved the drama... and i'm looking forward again in seeing our princess in a new project with a different plot... a plot that is different to all the drama that she has done...

gracie

i kind of understand why this drama didnt get higher rating. you know, if there was no spoiler here and there before, i'll be stuck on the forest watched this drama. This drama was too heavy for a housewives, the bigger consument for soap opera.

By far my favourite moment also when Jiwoo holding hand on the merry go round area with Yutaka. Her face usually full of expression, but not this time. This time she can ballance YT's acting by showing no emotion on her face.

i kind of understand why this drama didnt get higher rating. you know, if there was no spoiler here and there before, i'll be stuck on the forest watched this drama. This drama was too heavy for a housewives, the bigger consument for soap opera.

By far my favourite moment also when Jiwoo holding hand on the merry go round area with Yutaka. Her face usually full of expression, but not this time. This time she can ballance YT's acting by showing no emotion on her face.

but I think, it is not that lower rating, afterall, it is still the 3rd most watch drama in Winter 2006 right, but I do agree that since soap opera fans mostly were housewives, it does had little effect on the rating, two of the drama, Saiyuki and Kuitan, more towards comedy genre,

and yes, with the right direction, she can gives her best shot in this drama :D

thanks for the reply Fel and ovette...

I know, this question was beyond the story. But frankly, it's popped up my mind when i watched the drama. I mean, it's kinda hard for, just example, Indonesian officer became Malaysian officer just like that.

I finished the drama already. Another sad moment was when Kim Youngjae's died. I think he loves Yuna deep in his heart. Remember his last rqst was to see her smile to him.

You know before eps 10, we were barely to see how Takumi's feel towards Yuna. But when suddenly he punch Kim Young jae because he put Yuna on a trap plan (which was failed) due Song's acknowledged, i found out how much he care for her. And he went to her, eventhough he was in danger himself. For me, that was the moment Takumi admitted his feeling to her (plus when he hold Yuna from behind was priceless :blush: )

Regarding Malaysia - Indonesia relationship, I do not know how to comments but it is possible in Japan-Korea relationship, after their long history since 1910. And in Japan, 10% of the population is of Korean ethnic in which they came to Japan after World War 2 or prior to WW2 and becoz of lacking in money (when Japan surrender in 1945, the rate of travelling between Japan-Korea is relatively high, and another reason becoz they have already build their family there).

and yes, I do agree that Young Jae loves Yoona deeply. And that's why I joke around with my friends that SHJ had sacrifice his life for the third time for jiwoo, first in For Your Soul MV, second in STH and third in RONDO.

and I really love seeing Takumi and Yoona together (more of them please, hehe) :D

Guest dark*angel

Anyone know where i can download this drama with eng sub except d-addicts...

cos now, i'm stuck at Ep07... :tears:

Guest ovette

and yes, I do agree that Young Jae loves Yoona deeply. And that's why I joke around with my friends that SHJ had sacrifice his life for the third time for jiwoo, first in For Your Soul MV, second in STH and third in RONDO.

really?? wat MV was that? hu sang it?

Guest shopgirl

Finished watching it about last 2 weeks ago. I like it a lot, hehehe. Simple and quick, my only problem was the ugly subtitle that often does not make sense or dissappear like nobody's business :P

Of course Yutaka was HOTTTT and kind of refreshing seeing CJW played a "bad" girl for once and do dirty works :P But the ending was kind of funny when one bad guy after another start appearing and killed the previous one. So cartoonish.

Overall, keep me glued on the computer screen for the whole 2 days (too long to finish you say? :P )

Eh why the "Sayonara" MV can't be downloaded? Can someone please reactivate the link? Domo Arigato!

Finished watching it about last 2 weeks ago. I like it a lot, hehehe. Simple and quick, my only problem was the ugly subtitle that often does not make sense or dissappear like nobody's business :P

Of course Yutaka was HOTTTT and kind of refreshing seeing CJW played a "bad" girl for once and do dirty works :P But the ending was kind of funny when one bad guy after another start appearing and killed the previous one. So cartoonish.

Overall, keep me glued on the computer screen for the whole 2 days (too long to finish you say? :P )

Eh why the "Sayonara" MV can't be downloaded? Can someone please reactivate the link? Domo Arigato!

hello, shop girl, happy to see you here. :D

about the ending, when you said it, yeah, now when I think of it, maybe it turn out that way to make it as comic relief, haha

about the MV, wait okay, I think gracew or dramalover can help you up :D

Guest apple red

Hello Shopgirl..long time not seeing you

the ending was kind predictable..but what we can say..it's hard to maintain the peak anyway since the peak had been revealed (CJW's real identity).

Jas..if there will be Rondo 2, i hope our couple will get more focus..plus more and more thriller and that Jiwoo and YT will colaborated in some case with different side (YT as a cop while Jiwoo as the bad one) and they will be like mr and mrs smith... ;)

Hello Shopgirl..long time not seeing you

the ending was kind predictable..but what we can say..it's hard to maintain the peak anyway since the peak had been revealed (CJW's real identity).

Jas..if there will be Rondo 2, i hope our couple will get more focus..plus more and more thriller and that Jiwoo and YT will colaborated in some case with different side (YT as a cop while Jiwoo as the bad one) and they will be like mr and mrs smith... ;)

haha, yeah, sometimes, the scene with this two star is really fun to watch like the time when yutaka accompany jiwoo to buy the kimchi refrigerator, and i even like the two hawkers that sell the vegetables :D

for those who are from Malaysia, RONDO will be telecast on Astro Shuang Xi, on 15th July 2006, at 3.30 pm, repeat at 11.30 pm I suppose

do not miss the superb performance from Yutaka and Jiwoo

(extract from felicia from CJW thread)

Archived