RONDO 輪舞曲 (drama)

Guest dadedum

Guest madgepop

I'm soo in love with Rondo. It's now my all-time fave - I really don't know why I've always been into romantic comedies, but everything about it, I love - characters, plot, soulful and funky music, cinematography. I've finished watching it last night, despite very poor subs, I just kept going on although I haven't fully comprehended the story (which made me read all 50+ pages of this thread). I love its complexity, it is dark, yet it is surprisingly poignant. The characters, Yoona and Takumi are multifacted - deep, troubled qnd cold, but also exuding warmth, courage and love. I love it how their characters evolved and how they are constantly changing as the story progesses.

All throughout the entire series I was in awe of both Yutaka and Ji Woo - how they overcame language barriers, how their entire gamut of emotions, so powerful, just gets to you, it leaves you breathless. And they both look so cleverly cool - it's the most beautiful I've ever seen of Ji Woo, and of course, Yutaka was so ruggedly handsome. Although i was in want of more passionate scenes from Yutaka Takenouchi and Choi Ji Woo, it still worked for me - the stares, hugs, kisses (although, only 2!) were soo intense, so real and so strong. I hope they collaborate again in the future. It's definitely worth watching. I think a re-watch is really a must inorder to fully grasp and understand the complexities of the story.

Some Jiwoo and Yutaka scenes that I love (sorry if it's a repost):

17tc.jpg

e0086695_2326858.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aquamarine88

Does anyone have the link for Sayonara by Lee Seung Chul MV and the fanmade MV on the first page? They're both invalid... thanks for sharing

I'm soo in love with Rondo. It's now my all-time fave - I really don't know why I've always been into romantic comedies, but everything about it, I love - characters, plot, soulful and funky music, cinematography. I've finished watching it last night, despite very poor subs, I just kept going on although I haven't fully comprehended the story (which made me read all 50+ pages of this thread). I love its complexity, it is dark, yet it is surprisingly poignant. The characters, Yoona and Takumi are multifacted - deep, troubled qnd cold, but also exuding warmth, courage and love. I love it how their characters evolved and how they are constantly changing as the story progesses.

All throughout the entire series I was in awe of both Yutaka and Ji Woo - how they overcame language barriers, how their entire gamut of emotions, so powerful, just gets to you, it leaves you breathless. And they both look so cleverly cool - it's the most beautiful I've ever seen of Ji Woo, and of course, Yutaka was so ruggedly handsome. Although i was in want of more passionate scenes from Yutaka Takenouchi and Choi Ji Woo, it still worked for me - the stares, hugs, kisses (although, only 2!) were soo intense, so real and so strong. I hope they collaborate again in the future. It's definitely worth watching. I think a re-watch is really a must inorder to fully grasp and understand the complexities of the story.

Some Jiwoo and Yutaka scenes that I love (sorry if it's a repost):

] 17tc.jpg

] e0086695_2326858.jpg

yeah, me too, after RONDO, I wish to see more collaboration between Japan and Korea production, the japanese could provide the plot and script while the korean could provide more beautiful places to offer, and they (jiwoo and yutaka) make the character of Takumi/Shou and Yoona/Sakura Ai alive, I want RONDO 2, :)

thanks cutiepie for sharing the song

and anonymousafro,

I agree with you, this is a great show, hope more story like this :)

yeah, me too, after RONDO, I wish to see more collaboration between Japan and Korea production, the japanese could provide the plot and script while the korean could provide more beautiful places to offer, and they (jiwoo and yutaka) make the character of Takumi/Shou and Yoona/Sakura Ai alive, I want RONDO 2, :)

thanks cutiepie for sharing the song

and anonymousafro,

I agree with you, this is a great show, hope more story like this :)

Does anyone know where I can get romanization of the song SAYONARA? Thanks...

• 1 year later...

Translation by Hyc

http://www.innolife.com/mlist.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=16965

2008/07/23

Choi Jiwoo’s Japanese drama RONDO is being broadcasted in Korea

16965_1.jpg

Jiwoo’s Japanese drama Rondo has started its broadcasting in Korea by cable TV ETN channel starting from 15th July. The drama is aired on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Jiwoo’s co-star in Rondo is Japanese actor Yutaka Takenouchi who is quite well-liked and has many fans in Korea through his 2001 movie Reisei to Jounetsu no Aida (Between Calmness and Passion). This drama was broadcasted in Japan TBS from January to March 2006. The story is about Choi Jiwoo as Choi Yuna, a Korean woman who visits Japan in search of her missing father and opens a Korean restaurant. Yutaka Takenouchi as Nishijima Sho is a Japanese working undercover in a huge secret organization.

Besides Choi Jiwoo, Korean singer/actress Lee Jung Hyun and actor Shin Hyun Joon are included in the drama too. The drama was gaining much popularity in Japan when it was broadcasted there, and the drama's theme song "Sayonara” by singer Lee Seung-chul was one of the attractions at that time.

copyright ⓒ innolife.com

Related news

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_nn/20080...3E%26%3C%2Fb%3E

• 3 weeks later...

wowowo it's broadcasted now?? so late from the original debut, but anyway I hope it gain a lot of popularity if it's more than in Japan perfect, love Takenouchi Yutaka, a really impressive jop, I'm now currently addicted to his latest drama Tomorrow, he's an amazing actor hoper for more join projects in the future

wowowo it's broadcasted now?? so late from the original debut, but anyway I hope it gain a lot of popularity if it's more than in Japan perfect, love Takenouchi Yutaka, a really impressive jop, I'm now currently addicted to his latest drama Tomorrow, he's an amazing actor hoper for more join projects in the future

welcome lokaanime to RONDO thread, yeah, we are all hoping for more JV for this Korean-Japanese production and I personally like all about RONDO, the actor, the actress and the script, :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest bubblieri

i just finished watching this drama and i actually enjoyed it. the music was well chosen...left me with a really sad-sighy feeling....but then again i always feel sad at the end of every drama hahah

anyways, just in case i make some accidental spoilers for some i'm enclosing this in a spoiler text

there were some things that could've been done better with this drama, but overall it was still good.

takenouchi portrayed his character well, but i felt he and yuna could've had even more chemistry than they revealed. the whole language differences could've been handled better too because sometimes it seemed like they understood really difficult phrases in korean and japanese, but other times, they would say easy phrases in korean or japanese and translate those into the other language....

i really didn't see the whole relationship making a circle until the moment they showed yuna switching sides, so that was surprising for me. and yuni was a little annoying....i can see why she was needed in the plotline, but she seemed so weak, a poorly written character, and how she was able to affect her adopted father at the last moment didn't leave a good impression. there were these little things that could've been done throughout the drama to enhance it better, it had so much potential and i feel like it only met it partway.

i was surprised about the reason behind song's programming plot...the whole idea about the japanese and the world war and just the things that happened during that time and the after affects is a very touchy subject and it's interesting that the writers decided to incorporate that into the drama.

i wanted to see more chemistry between the two leads, but it was a little too....random...not random in a completely random way...but too coincidential random that they knew each other when they were little. i felt like choi ji woo's character didn't stay consistent enough....like she could've been tougher or stronger (i don't know how to describe it) but that could be the writers' fault in having too much in a storyline. however i have become a fan of takenouchi yutaka and i am looking forward to watching some more of his works!!! :D :D he looks good in royal purple yeah!!!

Archived