Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Hello =]

i m wondering how can you install the Korean font into ur lappy? D":

i m using macbook pro by the way ~a newbie here D:

wants to type in korean but dunno how to install T____T

pls helppppppppp ^^

thanks in advance <3

It is already included you just need to "enable it".

Go under the Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Drag 한국어 under English

Then click the tab "Input Sources" > Check the box "Hangul" and 2-Set Korean / 3-Set Korean

Make sure to set a Keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ipaul

You guys think the iMac will see a refresh soon? Since the MBP line as just been. I'm looking to get an iMac 21" but I am holding off for a refresh.

I expect a new refresh of iMacs around June-July, around the same time the new AT&T iPhone arrives.

For those of you with apple macbooks/pros/airs:

How much battery percentage until you charge?

Does it matter at all?

All laptop batteries eventually wear out, and as they do, they operate for less and less time. You can prolong the life of your battery with regular monthly maintenance. Once a month, run your MacBook on battery until it puts itself to sleep, indicating the battery is empty. Then plug it in and fully recharge it.

I usually do this at least three times a month and during normal days, I start charging once I hit the 10-25% range.

You guys think the iMac will see a refresh soon? Since the MBP line as just been. I'm looking to get an iMac 21" but I am holding off for a refresh.

The only thing I see them changing is the addition of Thunderbolt and possibly something like hybrid graphics. 

Nothing really significant since most of their projects hover around software nowadays and that can be applied to just about any modern Mac. Point being, there will always be better and faster computers just beyond the horizon - if you're not in a need, wait it out. If you are in need, keep this in mind: hardware improvements aren't that important for most people and the benchmark numbers from line refreshes aren't impressive or notably discernable in real life. 

Guest seakpopfan

Thanks for replies!

The only thing I see them changing is the addition of Thunderbolt and possibly something like hybrid graphics. 

Nothing really significant since most of their projects hover around software nowadays and that can be applied to just about any modern Mac. Point being, there will always be better and faster computers just beyond the horizon - if you're not in a need, wait it out. If you are in need, keep this in mind: hardware improvements aren't that important for most people and the benchmark numbers from line refreshes aren't impressive or notably discernable in real life. 

I'm not in a great hurry, and Thunderbolt would be nice if it lets the 21.5in iMac screen accept outside signals like what the 27" iMac can do now, it'll be nice but not all that important really :)

The plan is for Thunderbolt to be a one-cable-for-all sort of deal (data, audio, video, etc). But as of this moment, nothing out there has this port - products in the immediate future are going to be some external hard drives and professional hardware, nothing consumers really care for.

Guest bitterworld0.0

It is already included you just need to "enable it".

Go under the Apple > System Preferences > Language & Text > Drag 한국어 under English

Then click the tab "Input Sources" > Check the box "Hangul" and 2-Set Korean / 3-Set Korean

Make sure to set a Keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth.

Thank You! =]

i can finally type in korean ^^

Guest je_amourx

My new MBP 13 was barley 3 weeks old, when within a few days in I noticed how hot the laptop got and the fan got so loud I could barley hear the video I was watching, and that is only from watching ONE small (i.e youtube) video with no other applications open. It was louder/hotter than my 4-5 year old Toshiba! Laptop was used on flat surface as suggested. I went and spoke to a Genius Bar tech, explained how disappointed I am, then he diagnosed it and found nothing wrong. Although he didn't really explain why my MBP would do that since it was still so new, he offered to replace it with a brand new one! I was thrilled and surprised because I was more than 14 days of the return-date! Was in the Apple store under 20 mins and left with a new MBP, that easy. Really great customer service! Now, I only hope this one won't be like the previous!

Guest Snowbunni3z

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with my macbook pro 15inch

i've had this labtop for almost 2 years now and the thing is whenever i insert a cd,dvd, cdr, or anything related to a disc, it would go in spin for a bit, and then spits it back out again....help~

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with my macbook pro 15inch

i've had this labtop for almost 2 years now and the thing is whenever i insert a cd,dvd, cdr, or anything related to a disc, it would go in spin for a bit, and then spits it back out again....help~

When did it start happening?  Did you try using one of those drive cleaning disks? 

Hey guys, I have a problem and I was hoping maybe someone could help me out. I've had my Macbook (new when I bought it) since Sept 2009, its been through 92 cycles and the health is at 82%. Is that a bit low? I feel like it is, because my friends' batteries last so much longer. What would be the cause of it? Is 92 cycles low? Should I have gone through more cycles at this point? I never did the calibrating thing religiously, like I'm not sure if I did it every month, and I usually keep it plugged in (well hence the amount of cycles). 

OKOK I'll stop going off on tangents and ask my questions:

1) is my health percentage "unhealthy" considering how long I've had it?

2) should I unplug it a bit daily? (since on the apple site they said macbooks are ideally commuter laptops)

3) can the health go back up?

4) (i didnt mention this before) is it normal for the health percentage to fluctuate? mine does, usually when i switch between battery and ac adapter, it could go anywhere from 58% to 86%. by "switching" I mean i would drain the battery a bit, the health would lower (usually) and then when i plug it back in it might stay the same, or move up a BIT... takes a while to get back to the more consistant 80s range. 

5) should the health be at different percentages for battery and ac adapter?

I just feel so clueless and I feel bad for bombarding the thread with so many questions. Sorry if some of these things are obvious!

Hey guys, I have a problem and I was hoping maybe someone could help me out. I've had my Macbook (new when I bought it) since Sept 2009, its been through 92 cycles and the health is at 82%. Is that a bit low? I feel like it is, because my friends' batteries last so much longer. What would be the cause of it? Is 92 cycles low? Should I have gone through more cycles at this point? I never did the calibrating thing religiously, like I'm not sure if I did it every month, and I usually keep it plugged in (well hence the amount of cycles). 

OKOK I'll stop going off on tangents and ask my questions:

1) is my health percentage "unhealthy" considering how long I've had it?

2) should I unplug it a bit daily? (since on the apple site they said macbooks are ideally commuter laptops)

3) can the health go back up?

4) (i didnt mention this before) is it normal for the health percentage to fluctuate? mine does, usually when i switch between battery and ac adapter, it could go anywhere from 58% to 86%. by "switching" I mean i would drain the battery a bit, the health would lower (usually) and then when i plug it back in it might stay the same, or move up a BIT... takes a while to get back to the more consistant 80s range. 

5) should the health be at different percentages for battery and ac adapter?

I just feel so clueless and I feel bad for bombarding the thread with so many questions. Sorry if some of these things are obvious!

1. 10-15% is expected considering your time of ownership. Plugging it most of the time lowered it a little more than usual. 

2. Read #3 

3. Batteries degrade and they aren't self-repairing yet. You can recalibrate and follow the battery usage tips but nothing you do will physically recover those lost percentages. Your choice to keep the old habit or try the tips (unplugging, cycling, etc.)

If battery health says XX%, it should be XX% but I am reading issues where the system reports fluctuations. If you notice drastic drops when unplugged, then the battery might be wonky. If not, try recalibrating. As long as the battery holds the stated charge time, it's not a big deal. 

Guest justxlouise

Hey guys,

I just received my Macbook Pro today! The new 13" etc.. I don't know the details haha. Impulse bought it because there was an offer for university students.

Anyways, I was just wondering what's the best messenger to use for MSN? I tried using MSN itself but it doesn't work properly for me so now I'm trying to explore other programs which may suit my taste better because I'm so used to MSN on windows.

Thanks for your help in advanced (:

Also, my MSN (Microsoft) keeps crashing on my Mac for no apparent reason. Does anyone else get that problem? It just constantly tells me to restart my msn.. it's really annoying when I'm in a middle of a conversation ):

Guest ddongxp

for all those mac users out there,

do you have any problems watching/downloading kdramas? using megaupload? playing avi files? downloading torrents??

i want a mac really bad but those are the things that i'm worried about.

also is the transition from pc to mac easy??

Guest tirahbunny

do you have any problems watching/downloading kdramas? using megaupload? playing avi files? downloading torrents??

i have no problems doing any of those. i would even say they load faster,

if you want to download from torrents i think it would be better to do it on a mac because you wont get viruses.

Guest Aice 29

Hi, I was in need of a new laptop so my uncle ordered me the latest macbook pro which arrived today. I asked him beforehand if it had a slot to put a memory card in such as ones for cameras and he was just like "yea, yea, it has everything." 0_0. So when I opened it, I tried to put my 8GB SanDisk SDHC card which contains files of pictures that I took with my canon camera( it has no cord plug-in,I have to insert memory card to transfer pictures into comp) into the slot I found along the left side panel of the macbook but it wouldn't fit. Then, I found out the slot is for SDXC cards only.. well, that's what it said on sites. Does that mean there is no way to look at my pictures on my macbook or transfer the files without purchasing a memory card reader? Is there any other options?

Guest OldSpice

If anything, you can buy this http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10306&cs_id=1030601&p_id=5470&seq=1&format=2

"SDXC hosts are backward compatible with SD and SDHC memory cards." - Wiki

I haven't heard of any physical changes to the SD card size and the -XC designation merely indicates higher capacity. If it doesn't work, buy one of the readers but I would actually demand a fix or inquire as to why the port isn't physically accepting the card. 

I sometimes use the iMac at work and it is a bit hard for me being accustomed to everything being on the right side. For example, I look at the right to close browsers but Macs have the buttons on the left. It's not a big deal but something that bugs an infrequent user like me. 

Anything you do in a browser isn't going to change much. They run Flash, load links and download pages just fine, and can download torrents as long as the right program is installed. Download a codec pack or good universal media player and your files will read and play the same on either platform. 

Macs can be infected with malicious software and that happened during one of my first days on the job - but the operating system is designed to thwart unauthorized access and it's a rare occurrence to see.

Archived