Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dawnanny

[이호열 박사의 연예뉴스 ‘영어로 따라잡기’]청순이미지 수애, '욕쟁이 노처녀'로 연기 변신

0oys0712-2001.jpg

‘Graceful’ Soo Ae went through ‘cursing training’ to become a slanderous spinster.

At a new drama ‘2 Outs at the Bottom of 9th Inning’, she is playing the role of a 30-year-old spinster ‘Hong Nan Hee’, and by unhesitatingly cursing, she will renovate the innocent image that she had engraved on the viewers until now.

At a conference with journalists that took place on MBC Culture Hill, Soo Ae said “While shooting for the drama, I had to rain abuses and thrust my finger into Lee Jung Jin’s face. I made a lot of bloopers, but it made me feel so much better to speak out the words I never do in my everyday life.”

Soo Ae will surprise the viewers with harsh words above expectancy. Producer Han Chul Soo even differentiated this drama from others in that its level of abusive language is relatively high. To pick up such offending utterances, Soo Ae even went through a special training from a staff at the agency.

(Omitted)

slanderous: 욕쟁이 * spinster: 노처녀 * bottom of 9th inning: 9회 말

Guest vivjelly

Thanks the links to the videos, noknok!

Also, thank you dawnanny for the translation of the article. Wow, Soo Ae is shredding her wholesome image in this drama. It's going to be so exciting to the see the change!

Guest Saragorn

I'm excited for a drama with Lee Jung Jin. :D The title confuses me a bit... do you think they meant "9th inning" rather than "9 end?" Or, maybe even "Bottom of the 9th," though that's a bit long? Bah. Whatever, I'm just a stickler for grammar, I guess.

The point is, yay for Lee Jung Jin.

:D

I'm excited for a drama with Lee Jung Jin. :D The title confuses me a bit... do you think they meant "9th inning" rather than "9 end?" Or, maybe even "Bottom of the 9th," though that's a bit long? Bah. Whatever, I'm just a stickler for grammar, I guess.

The point is, yay for Lee Jung Jin.

:D

i dont know much about baseball lol i only play once and cant really get the game .. but from what i read .innings refer to the duration of the game .

Baseball game is played in nine innings in which each team gets one turn to bat and try to score runs while the other pitches and defends in the field . One inning is divided into two havles, the away team bats in the top (first) half, and the home team bats in the bottom (second) half .

In baseball, the defense always has the ball — a fact that differentiates it from most other team sports. The teams switch every time the defending team gets three players of the batting team out. The winner is the team with the most runs after nine innings.

The teams switch every time the defending team gets three players of the batting team out.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball

ER~ so i interpreted the title as 2 Outs at the Bottom of 9th Inning => at the second half of the ninth inning , there is already 2 out .so one more chance left.

i dont know much about baseball lol i only play once and cant really get the game .. but from what i read .innings refer to the duration of the game .

Baseball game is played in nine innings in which each team gets one turn to bat and try to score runs while the other pitches and defends in the field . One inning is divided into two havles, the away team bats in the top (first) half, and the home team bats in the bottom (second) half .

In baseball, the defense always has the ball — a fact that differentiates it from most other team sports. The teams switch every time the defending team gets three players of the batting team out. The winner is the team with the most runs after nine innings.

The teams switch every time the defending team gets three players of the batting team out.

ER~ so i interpreted the title as 2 Outs at the Bottom of 9th Inning => at the second half of the ninth inning , there is already 2 out .so one more chance left.

haha great minds think alike, when i read the title i initially thought, hmm .. kinda basic translation, but then when you interpret it into baseball terms, it makes more sense, haha "2 Outs at the Bottom the 9th" makes more sense, lol haha

im quite excited for this series, haha i need a short break, and im excited to see Su Ae and Lee Jung Jin. haha Jung Jin looks quite good in the promotional pictures so far :0 haha .. sounds interesting, cant wait for the release

Guest C51236

this drama is starting this week... yay... great to see lee jung jin again... any more info on the extended cast???

Guest vivjelly

this drama is starting this week... yay... great to see lee jung jin again... any more info on the extended cast???

The 2nd female lead, Hwang Ji Sun, was in "Welcome Back Soon Ae". I don't much about the 2nd male lead though.

Also, I want to thank the Bons FunSubs team for doing the subs! You guys rock!

Promotional pics can't get any better than this, I tell ya! I can't wait!

The cast is very good looking! Lee Jung Jin looks great and Soo Ae is just glowing! I'm so very HAPPY to see her on the small screen again, I've missed her.

Edit:

AHHHHHHH! It airs at the same time as "Golden Bride"... two dramas, one time...big problem for me :crazy: .

Guest Saragorn

So, what you mean with this long explanation is that you agree with me? :lol: "Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two outs" is a common expression meaning a last-chance situation full of pressure. I was mostly curious how "bottom of the ninth" could turn into "9 end," is all. :)

Yay for starting this week! :w00t: I think I'll try to wait this one out a bit until several episodes are out and subbed so I don't have to agonize between episodes. :lol:

Archived