K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

offtopic: KBS usually have great subs, like in Sweet 18, but i was a bit disappointed with Full House's though. anyone here got MISA? were they good subs?

i'm thinking about buying Fashion 70s too ... but yes it's sooooo expensive. *sighs*

^I bought MISA from YesAsia...the subs are awesome! the only mistake was when, gosh...i don't remember her name...the girl who's supposidly his girlfriend or wife in Australia...when she's speaking english, the wording in the subtitles are different from what she's actually saying....but, that's no biggie cause you either understand her or the subtitles. and, BITWIN is excellent at english subbing...the only one that was disappointing was Full House, only cause i think they rushed to release it.

and, with everyone saying the subs for Happy Together being horrible... reviews for Love Story in Harvard also mentioned that the subs for that one is bad too. so, i guess SBS' subtitling haven't been so great in last few dramas they've released. All In and Lovers In Paris were good though. I really wanna get Fashion 70s, but what if the subbing is bad like the last two they're released? guess i'll just wait for more reviews. SBS should just let YesAsia do their subbing, like with What Happened In Bali and Spring Days.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I bought MISA from YesAsia...the subs are awesome! the only mistake was when, gosh...i don't remember her name...the girl who's supposidly his girlfriend or wife in Australia...when she's speaking english, the wording in the subtitles are different from what she's actually saying....but, that's no biggie cause you either understand her or the subtitles. and, BITWIN is excellent at english subbing...the only one that was disappointing was Full House, only cause i think they rushed to release it.

and, with everyone saying the subs for Happy Together being horrible... reviews for Love Story in Harvard also mentioned that the subs for that one is bad too. so, i guess SBS' subtitling haven't been so great in last few dramas they've released. All In and Lovers In Paris were good though. I really wanna get Fashion 70s, but what if the subbing is bad like the last two they're released? guess i'll just wait for more reviews. SBS should just let YesAsia do their subbing, like with What Happened In Bali and Spring Days.

thanks angelxsmile :) minor typos are acceptable anyway. as long as the grammar is correct - i'd be fine with it.

i didn't know that the subs for LSIH were bad. that's just horrible. good point about Fashion 70s. hopefully someone who purchased the DVD could post his/her opinion about the subs here.

Guest music_faerie

I emailed kbs but never got emailed back so i'll ask here. Do you guys know if the dramas on the kbs e-store have english subtitles? please help i really need to get Full House and Sang doo since they no longer sale them on yesasia.

Guest thunderbolt

I emailed kbs but never got emailed back so i'll ask here. Do you guys know if the dramas on the kbs e-store have english subtitles? please help i really need to get Full House and Sang doo since they no longer sale them on yesasia.

The English subs for Full House are okay, not pull-your-hair-out bad. The first few episodes have more mistakes but on the whole the subs are decent. The extra features are super, more than 2 hours worth of goodies. The packaging is gorgeous.

The Sang Doo set has very good subs. Quite excellent actually. I love this set because it comes with the OST (one of my favorites) and lots of extras. The NGs are among the best I've seen; they are really funny. This set also has character descriptions in English inside the box and lots of cute pics.

p1004077290.jpg

[sBS] Hanoi Bride

Our Price: US$24.99

List: US$27.99

Save: US$3.00 (11%)

Availability: This product is expected to release on November 12, 2005. Pre-order your copy now!

Product Title : Hanoi Bride (English Subtitled)(SBS Special Drama)

Region Code : All

Picture Format : NTSC

Artist Name(s) : Lee Dong Uk | Kim Ok Bin

Release Date : November 12, 2005 (Pre-order your copy now!)

Language : Korean

Subtitle : Vietnamese , Korean , English

Package Weight : 150 g

Publisher : SBS Production

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004077290

Shipment Unit : 1

Hanoi Bride is a very special, two-part K-Drama, filmed to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam war. It tells the story of Eun Woo (Lee Dong Uk), a Korean doctor who meets and falls in love with Tib, a half-Korean, half-Vietnamese woman (Played by Kim Ok Bin) whilst in Vietnam. However, Tib's sister is opposed to the match, as she was hurt by a Korean man in the past, and so persuades her Tib to break off the relationship.

Eun Woo returns to Korea broken hearted, only for his older brother Sok Woo (Lee Won Jong) to head off to Vietnam in search of a bride himself. But when he returns with a young woman on his arm, Eun Woo is horrified to discover that it is Tib!

KBS HDTV Korean Literature Drama Boxset Vol. 1(English Subtitled)

lp10040821202cv.jpg

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...n-videos/code-k

Our Price: US$82.99

List: US$87.99

Save: US$5.00 (6%)

Availability: Usually ships within 7 days

Product Title : KBS HDTV Korean Literature Drama Boxset Vol. 1(English Subtitled)

Region Code : 3

Release Date : October 14, 2005

Subtitle : Korean , English

Package Weight : 400 g

Publisher : KD MEDIA

Other Information : 4 DVDs

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004082120

Shipment Unit : 2

If you're wondering bout KD Media, I went and took a look at their website and it looks like both KBS and Bitwin are its clients.

official website for KBS HDTV Korean Literature Drama: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/hdtv/index.html

this first boxset includes 4 "epis"/"stories"...each story lasts about 1hr30-2hrs

story 1: Sonaki: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/hdtv/sonaki/

story 2: The Hard Goodbye: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/hdtv/goodbye

story 3: The Post Horse Curse: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/hdtv/yeokma/

story 4: The Outdoor Lamp: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/hdtv/lamp/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ttekor_3

The DVDset for KBS Ice Girl/She is Back is now available for preordering at Yesasia's Global site: http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-videos/code-k/

I was wondering, if we order KBS products thru YA on global site, will they send it to an US address, I tried asking that question to d-addict forum but no response so far...does anyone know? would love to order some of KBS dvd...thanks

^no...YesAsia Global will NOT ship items off their global site to North America and Canada residents.

i had to import the Loveholic drama set (KBS release) from another site located in Korea. shipping costs is a lot more...but the item arrives within a week from when order is placed!

Guest ttekor_3

^ i doubt it. once you enter your US address, the global site will probably redirect you to Yesasia's North America site.

you don't want to order from KBS america? if not, maybe you could also try http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/ :)

:( Thanks Chula, I was hoping that wasn't the case but it's so...thanks so much for the link, I din't know they existed....do u have any idea if they are trying to settle this anytime soon? it's too bad that this happen....I definitely want to get a copy of Wedding when it comes out....thanks again :)

^ y'welcome ttekor 3 :)

My Lovely Samsoon's DVD box design is now shown on the site ... nice :D

p1004059979.jpg

Upcoming releases by YA Entertainment (according to their site)

Sandglass: Dec-05

Meteor Rain (Taiwan Drama) Dec-05 (please highlight, this isn't a kdrama)

Turning Gate (movie): Jan-06

Mr Duke: Jan-06 - is this an old CJW drama? :huh:

Lawyers Feb-06

Save the Last Dance for Me Feb-06

KBS-America have finally added 18 vs 29 to their e-store collection!!

been waiting for this one all year!! :)

I've been waiting myself...and I just ordered my own set today =)

Did you also see that it say "sold out (avail in 2 weeks)" when you saw it? But it lets you order, so I'm guessing either it got completely sold out and will be again avail in 2 weeks, but u can order away so they can immediately ship to you once they have it in stock again, or it won't be really out till 2 weeks from now and they're allowing pre-ordering right now.

I've been waiting myself...and I just ordered my own set today =)

Did you also see that it say "sold out (avail in 2 weeks)" when you saw it? But it lets you order, so I'm guessing either it got completely sold out and will be again avail in 2 weeks, but u can order away so they can immediately ship to you once they have it in stock again, or it won't be really out till 2 weeks from now and they're allowing pre-ordering right now.

^i emailed them if they'll have 18 vs 29 any time soon (since all the other sites i've been to were sold out or didn't have it) and received an email back from KBS-America...saying, it was out of stock...but have just put in an order to get more. so, we can go ahead and preorder since they expect to have more in stock within the next two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

DVD set w/ ENG SUBS for Sad Love Story is AVAIL for PRE-ORDERING!

lp10040950417nv.jpg

link to DVD set @ Yesasia: Sad Love Story ENG SUBBED DVD SET

Product Information

Price: US$94.99

Product Title : Sad Love Story (English Subtitled)(MBC TV Series)

Region Code : 3

Artist Name(s) : Kim Hee Sun | Kwon Sang Woo | Yeon Jung Hoon

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 900 g

Publisher : Bitwin (KR)

Other Information : 7 DVDs (20 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004095041

Shipment Unit : 5

DVD set w/ ENG SUBS for Resurrection is AVAIL for PRE-ORDERING!

lp10040616017sv.jpg

link to DVD set @ Yesasia: Resurrection Director's CUT LIMITED ENG SUBBED DVD SET

Product Information

Price: US$99.99

Product Title : Resurrection - The Director's Cut Limited Edition(English Subtitled)(KBS TV Series)

Region Code : ALL

Artist Name(s) : Um Tae Ung | Han Ji Min

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 1,170 g

Publisher : Bitwin (KR)

Other Information : 9 DVDs (24 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004061601

Shipment Unit : 6

sadly the Resurrection DVD set is only avail for those living outside the US...maybe someone living outside the US can help out w/ ordering and sending it to those within the US? or Let's ALL contact KBS-AMERICA and demand they put this on their LIST NOW!!!

Archived