K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

^ Revenge (aka Resurrection) is also now in pre-order in http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail....nre=TV%20Series. (Price : US$87.99 plus shipping)

Ice Girl is also now available in this site ($73.99)

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail....nre=TV%20Series

==============================

anyway, i just want share a good deal to those who are also living in the US.

i found this seller on eBay (just search for "korean drama" in its search box) that sells legit YAEntertainment published dramas for a cheaper price than Yesasia. i just purchased Damo from this store last month.

how is it different from the DVDs i purchased from Yesasia? my Damo DVDs have the YAEntertainment logo (instead of Yesasia's) and it only has English subs. Yesasia has English/Chinese subs :)

other than that, it's perfect ... and cheaper!

=============================

for those who haven't read this yet: Interview with Tom Larsen http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/28/features/story01.html

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Revenge (aka Resurrection) is also now in pre-order in http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail....nre=TV%20Series. (Price : US$87.99 plus shipping)

chula, is this site reliable? have you bought from them before?

also for those wondering bout the 18,29 DVD set from KBS-America...looks like there will be no 18,29 DVD set. Letters/emails of apologies will be sent out and money refunded plus a 10% discount will supposedly be givin for those who preordered the 18,29 DVD set on their next purchase/order from KBS America. At the moment staff at KBS-America are working on the details for Resurrection/Rebirth/Revenge in order to post on their site so that what happened w/ 18,29 will not happen again.

^ creidesca, nope i haven't bought from them yet. the site looks realiable, IMO. http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/help_desk...ion=Help%20Desk

aish, so there won't be any 18v29 DVD at all?! that's a shame :( i guess i only have to wait for the subbers in D-addicts to see this series. i wonder why they're not releasing it on DVD though. were the ratings during airtime bad that they just don't think it'd sell in DVD?

aaaaccck ... i hope this doesn't happen with Wedding.

^ creidesca, nope i haven't bought from them yet. the site looks realiable, IMO. http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/help_desk...ion=Help%20Desk

aish, so there won't be any 18v29 DVD at all?! that's a shame :( i guess i only have to wait for the subbers in D-addicts to see this series. i wonder why they're not releasing it on DVD though. were the ratings during airtime bad that they just don't think it'd sell in DVD?

aaaaccck ... i hope this doesn't happen with Wedding.

I hope so too, but I think Wedding will definitely sell...just by the downloads from CB for the LQs/HQs/MQs tell just how popular it is and I wonder if they're holding out on the OST so it will come along w/ the DVD set?

DVDfromkorea does look legit, did some searches to see what some people who bought it have to say...and they even have that 1 DVDset I want to get that only Global Yesasia has. I'm also trying to ask Pucca for help the uhmsky family whether they know if it's legit.

I hope so too, but I think Wedding will definitely sell...just by the downloads from CB for the LQs/HQs/MQs tell just how popular it is and I wonder if they're holding out on the OST so it will come along w/ the DVD set?

DVDfromkorea does look legit, did some searches to see what some people who bought it have to say...and they even have that 1 DVDset I want to get that only Global Yesasia has. I'm also trying to ask Pucca for help the uhmsky family whether they know if it's legit.

you know i was also thinking about Wedding OST! i just remembered that SangDoo DVDs had the OST in it, so they're probably going to do the same thing with Wedding :huh: (now if only the DVDs could come out by january, i could order it from Yesasia while i'm in Manila next year!)

Why do I think dvds released by yesasia are duite expensive compared to others? Or is it just me? Sorry if I got that wrong. :lol:

are you talking about the YA DVDs in Yesasia (like US Versions of most MBC dramas)? they are expensive, considering these DVDs don't even have the Special Features such as NGs, etc. but there's also costs to consider when they purchased the rights, labor costs for translating, etc.

this is the price we pay for getting too addicted to kdramas :lol:

Recd a reply from dvdfromkorea.com the release of Wedding dvd tentatively in January / February 2006. I got some of the discs from dvdfromkorea.com ie. wolf attraction, she is special, mutt boy & etc.. so far ok.

Guest wonbinlover

My Rosy Life (English Subtitled)(KBS TV Series)

~ Choi Jin Sil | Lee Tae Ran

Our Price: US$98.99

Product Title : My Rosy Life (English Subtitled)(KBS TV Series)

Region Code : (What is it?)

Picture Format : (What is it?)

Artist Name(s) : Choi Jin Sil | Lee Tae Ran | Son Hyun Joo

Release Date : December 30, 2005 (Pre-order your copy now!)

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 950 g

Publisher : E&E Media

Other Information : 9 DVDs(24 Episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004098987

Shipment Unit : 5 (What is it?)

available for pre order at yesasia and expected to release at 12/30/2005

Wedding (English Subtitled)(KBS TV Series)

~ Lee Hyun Woo | Ryu Si Won

Our Price: US$87.99

available for preorder

Product Information

Product Title : Wedding (English Subtitled)(KBS TV Series)

Artist Name(s) : Lee Hyun Woo | Ryu Si Won | Myung Se Bin

Release Date : December 30, 2005 (Pre-order your copy now!)

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 750 g

Publisher : E&E Media

Other Information : 7 DVDs (16 Episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004099020

Shipment Unit : 4 (What is it?)

Dating Now (English Subtitled)(SBS TV Series)

~ Chae Rim | So Ji Sub

Product Information

Product Title : Dating Now (English Subtitled)(SBS TV Series)

Artist Name(s) : Chae Rim | So Ji Sub | Kwon Sang Woo

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Subtitle : Korean , English

Package Weight : 600 g

Publisher : SBS Production

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004098772

Shipment Unit : 3 (What is it?)

Law Firm (English Subtitled)(SBS TV Series)

~ Suh Jung | Song Seung Heon

Product Information

Product Title : Law Firm (English Subtitled)(SBS TV Series)

Artist Name(s) : Suh Jung | Song Seung Heon | So Ji Sub

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Subtitle : Korean , English

Package Weight : 600 g

Publisher : SBS Production

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004098732

Shipment Unit : 3 (What is it?)

Well it seems a lot of dramas are expected to be released by 12/30/2005 but i doubt all of those will come out by then.

Guest kimutaku24

I was trying to compare prices for DVD boxset and I notice that from DVDfromKOREA site, what does K-TV Series mean? does it has something to do with the subtitle?

example: Im sorry I love you (K-TV series/English subtitle)

and from what I read from you guys, this site is legit right?

here's how Sad Love Story DVD set looks...set to release in Korea 12/22/2005:

sadlovestory2rb.jpg

I have a feeling the Resurrection DVD set might be pushed back till 2006, what w/ the Wedding and Rosy Life DVD sets also set for release? I hope not, I want Resurrection DVD set as a Christmas gift for myself.

Guest ttekor_3

How is the translation for these dramas, cause i bought a copy of Fashion 70's(region 3) and Full House and the english for the two are totally different....Fashion 70's english was horrible compare to Full House ...by the way both were from YESASIA...

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!... does anyone have news on the YA and KBS issue...i don't know have many times i've emailed them but you know what, they never even give me at least a response...when are they going to lift this band against US?

i think fasion 70's was subbed by sbs..i only trust bitwin n ya for eng subs..

i know what's up with the YA in north america n kbs..it's been an incovenience..i mean i don't wanna wait for months to buy the drama from the kbs america estore..

KBS-America has Resurrection and Wedding DVD sets on their site now!!!!

Resurrection: http://estore.kbs-america.com/pr.aspx?PrID=32

Wedding (it's coming soon, they tell customers to contact them for more info): http://estore.kbs-america.com/pr.aspx?PrID=31

KBS-America's e-store has a customer service for you to call (open Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM): 1-866-KBS-9901

and for those who had pre-ordered the 18,29 DVD set from them, I believe you should have already received a letter from them along w/ the 10% discount coupon.

I'm going to contact them on Monday to confirm several things before I order the Revenge DVD set, so my suggestion right now is don't order yet till I have more info.

KBS-America has Resurrection and Wedding DVD sets on their site now!!!!

Resurrection: http://estore.kbs-america.com/pr.aspx?PrID=32

Wedding (it's coming soon, they tell customers to contact them for more info): http://estore.kbs-america.com/pr.aspx?PrID=31

KBS-America's e-store has a customer service for you to call (open Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM): 1-866-KBS-9901

and for those who had pre-ordered the 18,29 DVD set from them, I believe you should have already received a letter from them along w/ the 10% discount coupon.

I'm going to contact them on Monday to confirm several things before I order the Revenge DVD set, so my suggestion right now is don't order yet till I have more info.

But they havent anounced any release date for Resurrection on the kbs site ,as far as I can see,right?. But well I dont believe in the yesasia release date anyways...and I was so looking forward to finish/rewatch it next month :(

But they havent anounced any release date for Resurrection on the kbs site ,as far as I can see,right?. But well I dont believe in the yesasia release date anyways...and I was so looking forward to finish/rewatch it next month :(

from what I know from online sources, I heard that Resurrection should be released on the 22nd of Dec...for sure Sad Love Story will be released that day because I saw info at Bitwin's site...that's why I'm contacting KBS-America on Monday on whether they're going 2 sell the Director's cut and the release date. Understand why I'm telling people not to do anything just yet till I post up more info come sometime Monday.

Thanks creidesca for calling KBS America to check.

I am skeptical about the Director's Cut version because according to Yesasia Global or DVD from Korea site, the region code of the DVD set is Region 3. Yet KBS America would most likely be selling Region 1.

I hope this is the Director's Cut version..Been waiting too long.

Keep us posted :). Thanks a lot!!!!

from what I know from online sources, I heard that Resurrection should be released on the 22nd of Dec...for sure Sad Love Story will be released that day because I saw info at Bitwin's site...that's why I'm contacting KBS-America on Monday on whether they're going 2 sell the Director's cut and the release date. Understand why I'm telling people not to do anything just yet till I post up more info come sometime Monday.

Thanks for the info. Since I live in Europe I will order from yesasia. The reason why I though it might get delayed is because the picture of the dvd set isnt out yet but the picture sad love story dvd set is already out. But I so hope that they will have good sales for the dvd so that it gets its deserved attention.

chula, is this site reliable? have you bought from them before?

dvdfromkorea.com is a great site! i've ordered from them before. they process and ship items out pretty quick and usually takes about 7-10 days for packages to arrive. well, depending on your shipping method. but, shipping is sort of expensive. it costed me $10 to have a dvd drama set to be shipped from Korea to the US w/in 10 days. it's a legit site.

How is the translation for these dramas, cause i bought a copy of Fashion 70's(region 3) and Full House and the english for the two are totally different....Fashion 70's english was horrible compare to Full House ...by the way both were from YESASIA...

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!... does anyone have news on the YA and KBS issue...i don't know have many times i've emailed them but you know what, they never even give me at least a response...when are they going to lift this band against US?

first, be aware when purchasing dramas from YesAsia...there are so many versions that they sell. just because they sell it...does not mean YesAsia subbed the drama themselves. it's subbed by another company and YesAsia is just a distributor. ALWAYS be sure to check the production company that subs. if it's by YA Entertainment or Bitwin...then, you can expect great quality subs. and, the YesAsia subbed dramas ALWAYS have "(US version)" next to the title of the drama.

secondly, the issue with YA and KBS. it's cause YA does not have the rights to distribute KBS dramas for North America residents due to KBS-America opening their e-store. although, they're slowly getting their e-store together. i usually just purchase KBS dramas directly from dvd stores in Korea. i recommend, dvdfromkorea.com and dvdheaven.com.

hope that helped a little. :)

and, on the 18 vs 29 issue...i'm disappointed it's taking such a long time for KBS to release this drama. from the reviews i've read, it was one of the most hyped up dramas earlier this year...

Just finished my conversation with Simon Kim from KBS America who's the E-Commerce Manager. If you call KBS America e-store's customer service #, you'll likely be talking to Simon.

About the Revenge DVD set that KBS America e-store will be selling:

1. The DVD set will be 9 discs, 3 epis/disc, w/ the last disc being the extras.

2. Simon is not sure if it's the Director's Cut...he didn't even know that there was a Director's Cut for Sorry I Love You and Full House (but then again, those were the only versions available, as there was no "ordinary" version for those 2 sets, so that would make some sense as to us confusing him). [And it's odd for the set to be selling at the same price as Global Yesasia if it were a different version--my own opinion of course.] Simon is trying to find out for us now, as this is the first time he has heard of there being a Director's Cut for the drama.

3. It's going to be Region 1 (or even All Region is what I feel). Who knows when Yesasia and the other sites finally release it, it might end up being Region 1 or All Region as well, since every previous English subbed DVD set released from Bitwin for KBS has been All Region.

4. Simon tells me that the DVD set will be at KBS America on Dec 22nd (and Wedding as well), however, that might change, depending on those he is in contact with in Korea. That is why KBS America e-store tells customers to contact them for more information.

I suggest those living in the US give Simon a call. Since, I'm sure every one of us wants the Director's Cut and not some other version, when making the call, stress the importance of you, as the customer wanting the Director's Cut. If possible, even point out that Global Yesasia has the Director's Cut version on preorder and mention that KBS has released 2 other Director's Cut DVD sets and tell him he can find more info on this Director's Cut at Global Yesasia.

Suggest to Simon, that when the Revenge/Resurrection DVD set arrives to have the set opened and detailed pictures taken and posted at their site so that comparisons can be made w/ the one selling at Global Yesasia/other Korean sites. This will help confirm whether the set is the Director's Cut. In other words, if it is the same, KBS America e-store is basically selling the same set as anywhere else, and we might as well be getting it from the KBS America e-store.

Also ask him for his email address.

KBS America e-store #: 1-866-KBS-9901 9AM-6PM M-F

Archived