Kim Bum Soo

Guest lenakeem

Primary’s ‘See You’ Song Review

Primary‘s latest release See You sticks to a funk style that will engage you from the opening notes. Kim Bum Soo lends his absolutely beautiful vocals to the song with Gaeko making an appearance toward the end of the song. Spring is the season when love is in the air and See You tells a story about a potential relationship.

Review

Vocals:

Kim Bum Soo’s (BSK) vocals are smooth and a perfect fit for this style of song. His high notes are effortless and he sings each word with such ease, which makes for an enjoyable listening experience. BSK’s vocal range is also showcased in the song, with moments of low and very high notes. It’s clear that he is a talented singer with a mix of pop and R&B style vocals that will make listeners swoon.

Gaeko has a brief rap appearance in the final third of the song (he also wrote the lyrics). And if Gaeko is behind the rap it’s bound to be good, and it is. It perfectly fits into the break of the song and continues with the funk style for continuity. The rap may be brief, but it adds an extra element and more depth to the song without changing the concept or style.

Lyrics:

The lyrics of See You depict the starting stages of a crush that one party definitely wants to turn into a relationship. BSK sings the narrative of the male’s point of view. The lyrics show the beginning stages of a crush from the awkward silence to the vague “see you soon” phrase. The excitement of a crush makes the narrator question when he’ll see his crush and whether or not he should call her and make it seem like he dialed her by mistake. Then at the realization that nothing more will come of the crush, the narrator becomes confused and angry and wishes he could share all of his feelings and that they’d be reciprocated by the girl.

The Music:

The song starts similarly as other Primary songs, letting us know that primary is behind the production. Then it goes into a funk inspired sound with the bass and the horns. The percussion and keyboards work well with the funk style to incorporate a pop style as well. The two styles compliment each other and there are enough elements of both so as not to overpower each other or take away from the vocals. The music only adds to the overall story of the song and acts as the perfect backup for BSK’s vocals.

Overall Thoughts:

Being a Primary fan, See You is a great song. Kim Bum Soo has the perfect voice to deliver the lyrics of the song. The music and production of See You is high end and has created an addictive sound. See You has a great vibe for the Spring season and is a great song to add to your music library.

http://kultscene.com/primarys-see-you-song-review/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 17, 2015

Primary – 2.0 – Album Review

프라이머리 (Primary) – 2

Track List:
01. 조만간 봐요 (Feat. BSK, 개코) (See You)
02. 마네퀸 (Feat. Beenzino, 수란) (Mannequin)
03. 러버 (Feat. 오혁) (Rubber)
04. 피해망상 (Feat. 개코, 선우정아) (Paranoia)
05. 아끼지마 (Feat. 초아(AOA), 아이언) (Don`t Be Shy)
06. Just Like U (Feat. 얀키, 제시)
07. 머리 세웠어 (Feat. 정기고) (Tonight)
08. 네일 했어 (Feat. 박정현) (Hello)
09. 마일리지 (Feat. 팔로알토, 화사 Of 마마무) (Mileage)
10. 그녀는 (Feat. 정인, 최자 Of Dynamic Duo, 행주 & 지구인 Of 리듬파워) (She)
11. 골드핑거 (Feat. 수란) (Gold Finger)
12. U (Feat. 권진아, 랩몬스터)

After 3 long years, Primary finally returns with his 2nd full album!

For those unfamiliar with Primary, he is a hip-hop/R&B producer working for Amoeba Culture (home to Dynamic Duo) who has a very distinct sound and look (see below).

28570-primary-5cfq

Now let’s dive into the first track on this album:

See You pre-released in April of 2015 to get the hype started for Primary’s return. It has a soul-funk which compliments Kim Bum Soo’s vocals tremendously. Kim Bum Soo has traditionally been a ballad singer but his voice works so well with this track I honestly think he should stick this genre. The lyrics to this track are written by Primary’s label mate Dynamic Duo’s Gaeko who also features in the track. It details a man asking what “See You Soon” really means when a girl says it to him. The lyrics express the anxiety of meeting again, of worrying about being too forward, of the back and forth of emotions that happen while waiting. My personal favourite lines are:

다시 연락할 타이밍을 찾네
실수로 
누른 척 할까

which roughly translates to:

I’m trying to find the right time to call you again
Should I pretend I pressed your number by mistake?

which I think sums up the feel of the song very succinctly . The universal theme and amazing vocals make this a great track to open the album with.

http://sojuwave.com/2015/09/17/primary-2-album-review/

The 6MCs Of ‘Invisible Man’ Are Perfect Employees

dvh7ard9mhxjxpw1r62w7lyq7gyf1tv4.jpg
[by Sora Ghim] A healing program for employees, KBS 2TV show ‘Invisible Man’ showcased the 6 MC’s quick adaptability into mastering their individual work.

On the episode that aired on April 1, the cast of ‘Invisible Men’ headed to a hotel where they went through an interview and training for each position. A bit clumsy at first, they flew away the worker’s exhaustion and found their own refreshing way to adapt to the hotel, bringing amusement for viewers.

Kang Ho Dong and Yook Sung Jae were paired up and showed unexpected charms. Haha and Kim Bum Soo displayed their great variety skill charms, brightening up their workplace. In addition, Jung Tae Ho and guest Nam Gyu Ri acted like siblings, bringing consistent laughter.

Moreover, the six MCs were able to give a precious memory to their coworkers at the hotel, as they created a fun and entertaining work day to cherish.

Meanwhile, where will the cast go next as they bring healing and laughter to the workers of Korea? ‘Invisible Man’ airs every Wednesday. (photo by KBS ‘Invisible Man’ capture)

Primary drops 'See You' MV ft. Kim Bum Soo and Dynamic Duo's Gaeko

April 9, 2015 @ 1:23 am

Hip-hop musician Primary's comeback is finally here!

He's back with the music video for his title track "See You" featuring Kim Bum Soo (BSK) and Dynamic Duo's Gaeko, off his new album '2-1' on April 9.

In addition to his title track, album '2-1' also includes songs like "Tonight", and "U", and includes featurings from artists Junggigo, BTS' Rap Monster and Kwon Jin Ah.

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'The Girl Who Can See Smells' - Episode 3

Check out Primary's new title track through the video above!

cr. allkpop

Jeonbuk Bank JB card 2015 SPRING CONCERT
Vocalists: Kim Bum Soo and GummyDate: April 19, 2015Time: 7:00 pm

Venue: Moak Hall, Sori Arts Center of Jeollabuk-do, Jeonju, Jeonbuk (2138 seating capacity)

Capture

Spoiler

Capture2

Capture5

Capture8

Moak Hall is a multipurpose performance hall with 2,138 seats on three floors and highly advanced theater facilities and systems. These are capable of staging various genres of performance, including Korean traditional plays, operas, musicals and modern creative music concerts. Stage computer systems enable quick and perfect stage shifts by systematically arranging the main stage, rear stage, revolving stage an d side stages. The inclining stages that were first introduced in Korea will create more lively stage appearances and two Pani projects will create more realistic stage effects. The Crowd system offers an optimal acoustic environment by adjusting the angles of acoustic reflection based on the size of the audience, thus maximizing stage sound effects for the audience. In addition, 24 dressing rooms, 6 rehearsal rooms and 2 waiting rooms will help produce well-prepared performances. Seat arrangements are designed to provide enough space and optimal views for each seat. Moak Hall will give you a chance to escape from your ordinary lives and experience a trip to a whole new world of imagination.

http://blog.naver.com/jbcard/220281316502

"Appear"+ "Promise" + "Please"

Spoiler

"A Promise" (Bolero version)

"Please"

"Day"

Encore Medley and Nam Jin's "With You"

Show Me Your BBA SAE 빠세 호 (original singer:DJ HANMIN)

Gentlemen젠틀맨 (original singer Psy)

I am a guy like this 나 이런사람이야(original singer: DJ Doc)

I am the Best 내가 제일 잘나가 (original singer: 2NE1)

Marry You (original singer: Bruno Mars)

Crooked 삐딱하게 (original singer: G-Dragon)

Guest adikkeluangman

Please removie pictures and videos when quoting. It broke the rules forum and also made the scrolling more longer if contains lot's of pics/video. Maybe can use spoiler tag to put pics/vids.
[김범수] - 8th HIM M.net 쇼케이스 HIM 메이킹 영상

Making of M.net showcase. I never seen the showcase before. I think the rappers and female singers featured in his album right.

THE CHRIS WORD CLOUD II
HAPPY 16TH ANNIVERSARY KIM BUM SOO
Debut April 16, 1999

Chris' beautiful, artistic, creative, perfect and awesome art work reflects many songs sung by the great vocalist of South Korea in the past. His love to Kim Bum Soo always touches my heart.

CCr1nq3VAAAuWAO

Credit:

Capture3

HAPPY 16TH ANNIVERSARY KIM BUM SOO

Debut April 16, 1999

Time flies! The great vocalist of South Korea Kim Bum Soo (BSK) is celebrating his 16th Anniversary since his debut in April 16, 1999. The first twelve years of his singing career was an arduous journey, today Kim Bum Soo is finally living on easy street. The legendary vocalist is now an excellent composer and a great music educator as well.  With Kim Bum Soo’s flourishing singing career, he is the most respected vocalist of South Korea but he is also renowned for his humility.

I have been listening to Kim Bum Soo’s songs for just over a year. As a foreign listener who does not understand the Korean language, I find that Kim Bum Soo is the most amazing artist who can digest any kind of music genre, crosses the language barrier and touched his listeners’ hearts as he sings with his heart and soul. His detail technical skills are just awesome in all music genres with various singing methods and voice colour. If there is a decathlon award for a vocalist in this world, Kim Bum Soo should be the one receiving it. Listening to Kim Bum Soo's songs from various music genres is like entering an open door. After you have entered the door, you cannot see the end of the path because he constantly sings a new music genre. He inspired his listeners by broadening their music scope and there are always surprises on the path. He is able to bring out the best from a certain music genre and it is fascinating.  If someone asks me what my most favourite music genre is from Kim Bum Soo, I do not have the answer because he sings so well in all of them. He is truly the master of all music genres.

He is an outstanding vocalist who truly reflects life’s sweetness and bitterness through his songs and as such gave healing effects to his listeners and audience. From his concert reviews, a few audience commented that they had brought their love one who suffers from depression to attend his concert to get treatment and will try to bring them to his concert again and as much as possible as he had brought happiness to them. They said that attending his concert is like having a pleasant dream. I have not attended his concert before but through these concert reviews I can understand why he is highly respected in both the K-pop and classical music world.

Legendary composer Yoon Il Sang praised Kim Bum Soo for breaking the record of finishing the recording of the new song “Teardrop of My Heart” within 15 minutes. This was only possible as a result of his constant effort to practice in four months. During the recording of OST of drama ‘Hyde Jekyll, Me", he again completed the recording in a short amount of time, earning applause from the staff. He is an artist with great musicianship.

I am thankful for being able to listen to Kim Bum Soo's wonderful songs and to watch his awesome performances online.

To share a quote:

You don't love a singer for his looks, or his fancy clothes, or for the number of albums he could sell, but because he sings a song only you can hear.  ~Author Unknown

Have a good day everyone!

Well said @bellechanson14 ... =D>    I'm so honoured n privileged to be one of his million fans throughout the world .. glad that his been able to transformed his musics,  image and his extraordinary talents to where he is right now... keep exploring with your natural n gifted talents Mr. Kim Bum Soo! :) =D> :)

October 21, 2010

Kim Bum Soo performed at Lalala Concerts

"I Miss You" from his 3rd Album, OST of "Stairway To Heaven"

Kim Bum Soo's another version of this song. He kept his penetrating voice in this version. It's more like singing in a cafe!

"It Will Pass" from Album 7 Solista 1 and Solista 2 composed by Park Jin Young.

"I'm Sorry for this Goodbye" from Album 7 Solista Part 1. Kim Bum Soo is an awesome Jazz singer! Listen to his different colour and speed of vibrato! He brought me to the dance floor......:wub::wub:

"Day" (Once Upon A Day) from Album 2. Awesome riffs and run techniques!

2015 04 09 Mnet's "I Can See Your Voice" Season 1 Episode 7

Guests: Jo Kwon and Lee Chang Min of 2AM

Capture1

Capture

Spoiler

3420812868_5760d44b

CE7eBYpVAAA5jNf

Youtube cut clips of Episode 7:

Please click hidden contents" for more videos

Spoiler

Full Episode 7 in the Korean language with English subtitles 

Episode 7 Part 1

http://t.co/BBeZnW07vA

Episode 7 Part 2

http://t.co/QzeKNPE3tl

English Sub Credit: TeukWings International

@bellechanson14 dear ... Oh my! I have tears in my eyes when watching this clip .. another funny and hilarious moments... =))   ...  .. but this girl she's really something ... so brave and finished the whole song !! =D>   I just can't stop  laughing to see Lee Chang Min face .. and he is  trying so hard to sing in tune.. :)) :))

VoxjcI.gif

Melchai said: @bellechanson14 dear ... Oh my! I have tears in my eyes when watching this clip .. another funny and hilarious moments... =))   ...  .. but this girl she's really something ... so brave and finished the whole song !! =D>   I just can't stop  laughing to see Lee Chang Min face .. and he is  trying so hard to sing in tune.. :)) :))

They are so funny! :D

Archived