fullmetal alchemist

Guest kRaZiExLaDiE

Guest VikDUH

I thought Edwards father was GODLIEK all through watchin Season 1 but on season 2 >_< he didnt seem as godly T_T

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest madeinktown

maybe it didn't happen in the manga?

i dunno i didn't read it but from the other episodes it seems like stuff that is "missing" didn't happen in the manga

but it did happen in the manga, that's why i was disappointed.

Guest aznfishyfart

but it did happen in the manga, that's why i was disappointed.

ahhh.....

did not know lol

good to know though!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xdeathberry

just started FMA Brotherhood.

i dun get it . whats the synopsis of Brotherhood anyways ? can anyone tell or gimme link ?

but the OP made me so interested ! if am not mistaken...at the beginning of OP the grew up guy is Edward right ?

Brotherhood follows the manga.

The original first season kinda.. strayed off and the ending was stuff was made up.

The guy at the beginning of the OP is Ed and Al's father, Hoenheim. Or whatever. Lol

I thought that was.. obvious..? Lol.

But I guess I can see why you were confused. Ed looks so much like his father.

I like Brotherhood though. Lol

It's more comical :D

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I'm trying to watch the Brotherhood version

And I can't believe I yawned, being that I'm a FMAanime avid fan.

Like FMA is the anime that I think should be put on a pedestal.

But the Brotherhood one, to me, seemed so all over the place

The previous version, to me, seemed so much more organized and orderly.

Maybe it's because I know the story so I'm getting impatient.

But it's soooooo good to see Roy Mustang again

*drool*

• 2 months later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

I haven't watched Brotherhood yet, so eh.

I liked the anime verison, but I didn't like how it ended.

It was strange, and interesting, but it gave me an awkward feeling.

So, I am sticking with the manga, for now.

Maybe someday I will get around to watching Brotherhood.

Guest NO NAME?

Chapter 99:

This chapter is intense! I didn't think that old man Fu would die. Poor Ran Fan.

So only the people (Ed, Al, Izumi) and who've been to the gate are taken in? I thought Roy Mustang would be taken in as well, but he was just a possible candidate?

Hopefully the next chapter, 100, will be even longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fiveplusohplusone_1

I just finished watching the 1st ep of brotherhood...totally didn't know that this is a remake, not a continuation because hughes' appearance confused me lollll

I guess this will mean that my thoughts/views on the anime is going to change too...I wish it was a continuation, not a remake :( but this is coming from someone who didn't read the manga, which a lot of people were disappointed about it not being the same as the anime?

Guest redbutterflytree

FMA is one of my favorite shows :] I've watched the whole series, and I'm reading the manga, too. I think Brotherhood is great, but I haven't watched much because I keep saying 'I've already read it, so I'll just catch up later' and I haven't watched any since…I don't know, since episode 6? 7? But I love the animation so much more this time around!! The music is great, too (although nothing will ever get me as much as the original Brother's theme).

Guest marasshi

Chapter 99:

This chapter is intense! I didn't think that old man Fu would die. Poor Ran Fan.

So only the people (Ed, Al, Izumi) and who've been to the gate are taken in? I thought Roy Mustang would be taken in as well, but he was just a possible candidate?

Hopefully the next chapter, 100, will be even longer.

Roy hasn't been to the Gate of Truth so yeah, that's why I think he wasn't included. Perhaps he was only considered a candidate because he's a good enough alchemist? I don't really remember much... I'm really glad something's happened already; action scenes are great in anime where you get to see the characters actually moving, but they become annoying after a while in manga.

Re: Brotherhood: I started watching a couple of episodes but it gets a little tiresome when you know what happens next. I liked the original anime because I didn't know what was going to happen when I started watching it. It's the same reason I didn't even consider watching the Death Note anime.

Guest NO NAME?

Chapter 100:

Insane chapter.

Bradley is alive since he found a hole to escape into.

Seems like Roy is forced to do human transmutation.

Is that why they killed Hughes in the first place?

Poor Riza. She's can be dead yet...

What a cliffhanger!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest alicechen

I started Brotherhood the other day, and oh boy I'm officially hooked!! Can't believe they only air 1 episode per week!! The wait is a killer, I can tell you that much!!

The first 10 episodes or so were boring because the storyline is very similar to the book&first remake. But man! After those episodes, things started to get intense! Favorite episode so far is ep. 19! Roy Mustang proves to be one smexi FLAME alchemist alright. :D

Can anyone who have read the manga tell what happens to Winry and Edward? They're too cute together.

meimei__KOUSEKI, that picture is sooo adorable!! :wub:

JING-JING, thanks for the spoilers. :)

Wow... I've been following FMA since it started airing in April and I can't believe it's already on ep 34? 33? >_> haha!

It's been so long and time went by so fast at the same time...

Sometimes it really does kill to wait an entire week and sometimes I forget what happens so I need re-freshers >_< but I still love the new series ^^ The story and characters are definitely better than the first season =P

Although, I don't know where they're headed with this story so I'm always anxious to see what happens next.

Since I've never read the manga, I recommend those who like the anime not to read the manga either. It really ruins your experience of the anime then =P

--xoxo.

TM

Guest NO NAME?

@alicechen: They're still alive in the manga so far.

@freakCLICHE.: For a sec, I thought you meant to say ch.102 is out :P

Might as well post this even though I read this chapter awhile back.

Chapter 101:

King Bradley is a monster. Good thing Mei healed Riza. Can't wait to see what will happen to the sacrifices.

@~Tropical.Mists: That is so true. I already know what'll happen in the anime, but I continue to watch it. The main reason why I started reading the manga (now caught up to the latest chapter) is because waiting a week for a new episode felt like it was taking forever :lol: Don't get me started on the manga since each chapter being released monthly at the moment. Haha.

Guest teevee01

FMA: BH is so much better than the first one! The fighting scenes are much cooler.

First few episodes will be confusing for people but once you get into it you'll understand.

Guest hunterheart

JINGJING: no one announced it so I thought I would =P haha. It was such a short chapter though. Can't wait to see how they get out of the sacrafice >_<

Archived