Chinese Help

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bbaumgul

Hi everyone~,

How would I write 'Heartilly'(surname) in Chinese?

Thanks. :sweatingbullets:

What do you mean? Why does it have to be a surname, specifically ? Chinese surnames are Chinese characters themselves. Unlike English, where Johnson would be a surname, but it wouldn't be a word with a conventional meaning to it.

Something off the top of my head, though, did you mean 衷?

I need help with these Chinese characters.

過分

斯文

Here are some Cantonese slangs that I need help with.

我會俾D顏色你睇 (I will give you some colors to see)

我著緊草 (I am wearing grass)

吹雞 (blow chicken)

吹水怪 (the monster of blowing water)

你小心睇路 (you watch the road carefully)

你出街小心D (you go to the street carefully)

佢兩個有路 (they two have a road)

班馬劈友 (zebra chops the friends)

做世界 (do the world)

心花怒放 (the flower in the heart angrily opens)

你好野! (you are good!)

你未夠班同我講數!(you do not have enough classes to talk mathematics with me!)

一條龍服務 (a dragon service)

界女王 (the king of the cutting girl)

你當我無到? (do you think me didn't arrive?)

今日我好黑仔 (today I was very black son)

二打六 (two beat six)

琴琴青 (piano piano green)

我驚你有牙!(I fear that you have teeth)

我識你老鼠!(I know your mouse)

我吹雞打你班友 (I blow chicken to beat your group of the guys)

你返屋企食蕉啦 (you come back home and eat banana)

我俾條毛你ar! (I give you a hair)

收皮 (collect skin)

你同我收爹!(you give me collect father)

收爹 (collect father)

我會俾D顏色你睇 (I will give you some colors to see)- kind of like I'll show you who's boss. Like if you were to owe me money and you don't pay, 我 俾D顏色你睇 (show you who's boss) by writing on your wall.

我著緊草 (I am wearing grass)I'm going to hide...like if I committed a crime and to avoid getting arrested I'd "wear grass"

吹雞 <--i heard of blow chicken, if its the same thing, it's major bsing

吹水怪 (the monster of blowing water) a person who only bses/ talks and socializes alot about trivial things

你小心睇路 (you watch the road carefully)<---what it literally means, watch your step, can be a nice oh becareful of where you step or a threatening one.

你出街小心D (you go to the street carefully)<---literal one again

佢兩個有路 (they two have a road) means they are a couple or have a relationship. Most often used when two people are going out without letting other people know like when one person is cheating on their spouse. The cheater and the other woman 有路

班馬劈友 (zebra chops the friends) LOL. This one is go get your friends and fight. Like if you were getting into a fight you'd 班馬, gather your friends to 劈友 gang fight.

做世界 (do the world) When you're doing something illegal that earns you a lot of money.

心花怒放 (the flower in the heart angrily opens) When you fall in love with someone/ become whipped

你好野! (you are good!) When someone does something usually cocky or to make you look stupid, you usually tell them 你好野, kinda means you cocky little pinkberry.

你未夠班同我講數!(you do not have enough classes to talk mathematics with me!)<---literal, sort of. Like you don't have the rights to talk to me, I'm at a higher rank then you. Or who do you think you are? You ain't got the rights to talk to me we are on a whole different level.

一條龍服務 (a dragon service) Whole service

界女王 (the king of the cutting girl) sort of like player, a guy/ girl who can get a lot of girls.

你當我無到? (do you think me didn't arrive?) Kind of like, you think that I don't have credentials? You think I'm bsing?

今日我好黑仔 (today I was very black son)Today I'm very unlucky

二打六 (two beat six) someone that unimportant. Like extras in a movie would be called 二打六

琴琴青 (piano piano green) means doing things in a hurry because you're scared to be discovered.

我驚你有牙!(I fear that you have teeth)<---hmm, like you think I'm afraid of you? What should I be afraid of? That you're gunna bite me?

我識你老鼠!(I know your mouse) When people ask you, "do you know me?" a cocky not so nice answer would be 我識你老鼠, kinda of like a how the hell should I know you when you mean as little as a mouse to me

你返屋企食蕉啦 (you come back home and eat banana)<---literal. cept you don't really eat banana. Eat banana is similar to eff yourself, like if you ask me to help you with something ridiculous, I'd say 食蕉啦. And 你返屋企 is just you go home.

我俾條毛你ar! (I give you a hair) For example, if you ask me for money, I'd say 我俾條毛你, you could have a piece of my hair, but money? nah

收皮 (collect skin)Kind of like, shut up and go home, take ur bs home no one respects/ takes you seriously

你同我收爹!(you give me collect father) You shut up!

收爹 (collect father) shut up

dude, sorry my translations are horrible. LOL.

我會俾D顏色你睇 (I will give you some colors to see)- kind of like I'll show you who's boss. Like if you were to owe me money and you don't pay, 我 俾D顏色你睇 (show you who's boss) by writing on your wall.

我著緊草 (I am wearing grass)I'm going to hide...like if I committed a crime and to avoid getting arrested I'd "wear grass"

吹雞 <--i heard of blow chicken, if its the same thing, it's major bsing

吹水怪 (the monster of blowing water) a person who only bses/ talks and socializes alot about trivial things

你小心睇路 (you watch the road carefully)<---what it literally means, watch your step, can be a nice oh becareful of where you step or a threatening one.

你出街小心D (you go to the street carefully)<---literal one again

佢兩個有路 (they two have a road) means they are a couple or have a relationship. Most often used when two people are going out without letting other people know like when one person is cheating on their spouse. The cheater and the other woman 有路

班馬劈友 (zebra chops the friends) LOL. This one is go get your friends and fight. Like if you were getting into a fight you'd 班馬, gather your friends to 劈友 gang fight.

做世界 (do the world) When you're doing something illegal that earns you a lot of money.

心花怒放 (the flower in the heart angrily opens) When you fall in love with someone/ become whipped

你好野! (you are good!) When someone does something usually cocky or to make you look stupid, you usually tell them 你好野, kinda means you cocky little pinkberry.

你未夠班同我講數!(you do not have enough classes to talk mathematics with me!)<---literal, sort of. Like you don't have the rights to talk to me, I'm at a higher rank then you. Or who do you think you are? You ain't got the rights to talk to me we are on a whole different level.

一條龍服務 (a dragon service) Whole service

界女王 (the king of the cutting girl) sort of like player, a guy/ girl who can get a lot of girls.

你當我無到? (do you think me didn't arrive?) Kind of like, you think that I don't have credentials? You think I'm bsing?

今日我好黑仔 (today I was very black son)Today I'm very unlucky

二打六 (two beat six) someone that unimportant. Like extras in a movie would be called 二打六

琴琴青 (piano piano green) means doing things in a hurry because you're scared to be discovered.

我驚你有牙!(I fear that you have teeth)<---hmm, like you think I'm afraid of you? What should I be afraid of? That you're gunna bite me?

我識你老鼠!(I know your mouse) When people ask you, "do you know me?" a cocky not so nice answer would be 我識你老鼠, kinda of like a how the hell should I know you when you mean as little as a mouse to me

你返屋企食蕉啦 (you come back home and eat banana)<---literal. cept you don't really eat banana. Eat banana is similar to eff yourself, like if you ask me to help you with something ridiculous, I'd say 食蕉啦. And 你返屋企 is just you go home.

我俾條毛你ar! (I give you a hair) For example, if you ask me for money, I'd say 我俾條毛你, you could have a piece of my hair, but money? nah

收皮 (collect skin)Kind of like, shut up and go home, take ur bs home no one respects/ takes you seriously

你同我收爹!(you give me collect father) You shut up!

收爹 (collect father) shut up

dude, sorry my translations are horrible. LOL.

過分 - to go overboard

斯文 - refined, cultured, gentle

謝謝你們的幫助. :D

What are the meanings of these Chinese characters?

談情說愛

風花雪月

海闊天空

Guest silver_moon525

謝謝你們的幫助.  :D

What are the meanings of these Chinese characters?

談情說愛

風花雪月

海闊天空

談情說愛 - literally "discuss feelings, saying love" - basically it means the subjects (of the sentence) are dating/in love

風花雪月 - literally "wind flower snowy moon" - this traditionally means romantic writing, but it has been adapted in modern culture to mean matters regarding love/feelings between a guy and a girl

海闊天空 - literally "sea as wide as/reaching up to sky" - means broad, wide, limitless, etc.

What do you mean? Why does it have to be a surname, specifically ? Chinese surnames are Chinese characters themselves. Unlike English, where Johnson would be a surname, but it wouldn't be a word with a conventional meaning to it.

Something off the top of my head, though, did you mean 衷?

I was just saying that it was a surname, it doesn't really have anything

to do with my question lol. I just want to know how 'Heartilly' would be

written in Chinese characters.

Are you talking about the character from Final Fantasy..Rinoa Heartilly?? in Chinese she's 莉诺雅・哈蒂莉 li4 nuo4 ya3 ha1 di4 li4 .. in other words 哈蒂莉 ha1 di4 li4

Guest bbaumgul

Oh you want a transliteration. Just the sound of it in Chinese characters, right?

What Tamago said, then.

Hi, what does NG mean in mandarin?

NG is the cantonese surname wu->吳

However, if you are refering to the abbreviation, it is used when a bad take for a drama/film has been taken. It stands for Not Good.

NG is the cantonese surname wu->吳

Not only 吴, it can also be for 伍 or 黃 depending on dialect.

what does 春泥 mean? thankssss

Literally, Spring mud. It can also be a girl's name, usually old-fashioned. And it's also apparently the title of a song by Harlem Yu.

Archived