Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest NymphoeniX

How to keep breathing smooth and longer ? :blink:

I alway out of beathing b'fore I finish wich part I sing :sweatingbullets: especially long and high note part and my voice sounds cracked and nervous then :tears:

and I wanna ask something about recorded that Use headphone or speeker and sing with mic which's better ?

:w00t:ThankZz ^^ :w00t:

Guest Mrs_K

I want to buy a mic within the $100-130 range, but there are so many too choose from the many sites that one soompier pm-ed me about.... which which mic brand is reliable and good quality... which is worth the money I'm going to spend.

I'm choosing between 6 mics within my price range in these brands:

Samson

CAD

Audio Technica

Behringer

Shure

Studio Projects

Are all these brands reliable?? Which one is the best brand?

Thanks someone please help! I'm going to be spending a lot of money here! :o

I'd say, go with the Audix OM5. I have one of them and the feedback is a 5 star. Otherwise, if you want to spend just $100 more, get the OM7. I think you can order these online or if you have a Guitar Center in your area, they have them also.

What software will you be using?

Guest joicyonpink

I just bought a mic and i have trouble using it! Any advice?

Brand: M-Audio (soundcheck dynamic vocal microphone)

It has a XLR Cable! WHere do you plug that at!

Have any of you guys used this!

Please PM me!

Guest Mrs_K

If it has an XLR cable, that means you need to get a pre-amp for the microphone to have the 2nd set of XLR cables to hook it up into your computer where the soundcard is at. Otherwise, I think you should just get a regular microphone from Radio Shack or Best Buy to just plug it into where the mic plug is.

Guest D1nhner

I have tried recording, but... my file only saves as wav. so SoundClick doesn't accept it.

is there a way I could change that?

Or is there another uploading site besides soundclick?

Thank you ahead of time.

Guest YELL;OH

I have tried recording, but... my file only saves as wav. so SoundClick doesn't accept it.

is there a way I could change that?

there's a program called MP3 WAV CONVERTER

like the name says, you can convert mp3s to WAVs and/or vice versa

Guest D1nhner

there's a program called MP3 WAV CONVERTER

like the name says, you can convert mp3s to WAVs and/or vice versa

Oh ok. Thank you. That really helps.

Guest cassiopeia<3

^Ummm...I got mine at Target for $15 and its really good.

But its a headphone/mic combo from GE.

How do you view the songs that you've uploaded on Soundclick?

I'm clueless....

Guest snoozinhen

could someone help me with goldwave?

I can't figure out:

1) how to hear yourself singing through your headphones while you're singing into the mic (it's usually monitor input)

2) how to play the music and record at the same time...

ugh. I wish PCs came with garageband >.<

Guest NymphoeniX

what type of mic that's better for record with computer? (not include the specific recording mic it's so expensive :sweatingbullets: )

>>Dynamic Mic (that's big mic that common use to speech singing karaoke or s'th)

>>Mic with headphone (I didn't try this b'fore plzz tell me it's good or not)

>>Computer mic that can put on table (I don't know about this too)

Mic I use the quality quite low when record it's sens to include sound all aroud e.g. the door open, electric fan also raining sound and the frog :sweatingbullets: that I don't want it to in my record :tears: I think this mic may use for record other like when u study or s'th elses coz' it include far sound and I have it with my walkman I've brought along time but I have just it so' I use it to record my song :unsure:

thank u for any advise (I'm waiting :blush: )

Guest NymphoeniX

does anyone know how to vocal cut in audacity or goldwave??

to vocal cut with Golwave open the song u want to cut and press the button that's red mouth picture and has X below that mouth

Guest stellabella

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before so I apologize for being a nuisance, but how did ya'll get your vibrato? I've never really sang seriously, just like Noraebang and stuff but my voice can't do that! Is it something you practice or it just comes?

Guest YELL;OH

Are there any good singing mics htat you could connect to the computer for $50 or less?

Please?

i got one at best buy for thirty bucks. which isnt too bad in my opinion.

Guest jaeners

I'm sure this question has probably been asked before so I apologize for being a nuisance, but how did ya'll get your vibrato? I've never really sang seriously, just like Noraebang and stuff but my voice can't do that! Is it something you practice or it just comes?

I know what you mean. I can do it, but my vibrato is weak. I'm still practicing and trying my best not to force it out. ^^ But anyway, I hope this answers your question. V

How can I develop a vibratto? How long will it take? Should I try forcing it?

sikkony: Learning the vibratto can take years or months. Regardless of time, it really comes down to the technique you're using to produce your vibratto because there are forced techniques and natural techniques.

VictorGalaxy: You can try to sing two adjacent notes and switch back and forth. Then, do it more quickly to reach a vibratto.

Sou: It's not good to force a vibratto by fluctuating your air flow with your stomach/diaphragm. It's incredibly unhealthy and it'll result in a dangerous muscle memory. Vibratto, by nature, is a natural oscillation of the vocal cords that help relieve the stress put on them. It has nothing to do with the diaphragm. If you force it, you can hurt yourself.

Guest joicyonpink

Question, where do you record yourself so there's no echo? and is there anyway to remove the echo like in programs and stuff?

Guest silentdreamer016

its something that comes if u practice ur singing the right way

many singers these days try forcing it because they think a vibratto is the only way ur labeled as a 'good' singer

but i disagree

forcing ur vibratto is one of the worst things u can do to ur voice. dont ddo it

it makes ur voice bad. although i cant technically explain it to persuade u, the least i can say is, i kno its not good for ur voice

but i think if u can make ur voice sound nice (without having to strain ur voice), its just lovely =)

--------

oh, and i have a question.

it may or may not have been posted here before. i apologise if it has, but i cant find it. or im just too lazy... :sweatingbullets:

what does it mean ur voice is becoming thicker?

(like 두꺼운거 .. ssorry i cant spell korean to save my life even though im korean ㅠ.ㅜ)

say for example: lauryn hill. her voice is thick n deep

so what does it mean?

im scared cz i think it means that i wont be able to develop my voice more and this is where my vocal range is gonna be =(

im a girl and 16 now, so my bro jst sed that it may be me hitting puberty. but i think im a bit late for that =.=;;

so can anybody explain it for me please? =)