Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest Roni88

Hi~~ I'm so happy i found this thread =P

Question on recording.

1) In those original songs, you can kinda hear that their voices have this 'echo' effect, if u get wad i mean. Is there a specific way to make my recordings sound like that too? Instead of letting it sound so..home-recorded. With Goldwave, preferably.

2) When i hit high notes, my mic goes 'zzzzzzzzzzzzt', as if it's gona explode or sth. I tried using 'reduce noise' and compressing it and all but it's all still kinda there, making my recordings sound so....VERY bad. Is there a way to fix this? Or should i just get a better mic? My mic is the kind that you use to chat, is that why my recordings turn out bad?

Thanks in advance ppl. =)

Guest ultaeja

^ I heard that lemon is good for clearing your voice, but I'm not sure, but you can try if you want ^^;;

Guest JungYunho<3

ugh Audacity hates me. -__- i WANT A NEW PROGRAM!! Lol

What else do you guys use that is FREE?? :]

Same here...

Guest predator

csjedthat

Drink herbal tea throughout your day to clear your voice.

You can put a little honey in it because that will help.

But don't just have honey alone. Just put the honey in your herbal tea. ^^;;

Guest YELL;OH

is there any tips to clear my voice?

gargle something ?

gargle apple cider vinegar mixed with water.

Guest tink3rr

i use a program called goldwave , it's free. but it's kinda not userfriendly i'm still not getting the heck of it. i miss cool edit pro. but anyways gold wave is another program you might like to try out. ^^

I think I have a small vocal range; I can't sing songs that are a bit high or loud with my chest voice (I start going into headvoice which is airy :(). I've been trying to stretch my range and recently I've found that if I flex my stomach, then it becomes easier to insert more power in my chest voice. Is that a bad thing to do? :unsure:

Guest 사랑競文

i need help x_x

how is your mic suppost to record?

i plugged it in, but its basically dead.

Maybe im just being dumb, but when you plug the mic in, is it suppost to automatically record?

Guest angelbride

mm what are some free programs u guys recommend?

around what price range can i find a decent mic?

=) thanx

how can i possibly hit higher notes?? do i have to practice everyday???

oh, and how do i take care of my voice to make it better??

i need a good mic for home studio use. what should i look for in a good mic??? price range? thnx

does good posture improve your voice or something??

Guest predator

how can i possibly hit higher notes?? do i have to practice everyday???

oh, and how do i take care of my voice to make it better??

i need a good mic for home studio use. what should i look for in a good mic??? price range? thnx

does good posture improve your voice or something??

To hit higher notes, you have to practice your scales. ^^

It's not necessary that you have to practice everyday

but don't go two days without singing is what I read from somewhere. ^^

To take care of your voice, don't shout too much I guess. ^^

Just don't do things that might damage it I guess.

And yes, good posture is a very BIGG part of improving your voice.

Standing is the best. =)

Don't lock your knees & stand about shoulder width apart.

And relax your shoulders. ^^

Guest jaeners

i need help x_x

how is your mic suppost to record?

i plugged it in, but its basically dead.

Maybe im just being dumb, but when you plug the mic in, is it suppost to automatically record?

Hm..I'm not sure if yours is like mine or not, but it's worth a try? Try going to your taskbar and click on the volume button. Make sure the master volume isn't on mute then go to Options>Properties>Playback and then check "Microphone" and such. Then do it again, but go to "Recording" and check "Microphone" and whatever needs to be checked off and click ok then it'll show the recording control box and just check "microphone" and turn the volume up. Don't forget to turn up arrange the volume for microphone in the master volume box too. x:

But yeah, sort of confusing. It actually didn't take me long to figure out how to work my mic. No one told me and I just tried it out myself and it worked. XD Not sure if yours is like that or not, but just try it out just in case? x:

Guest ix3DC

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but:

I have goldwave and i was wondering how you make instrumentals using regular mp3's?

1. Open the mp3 file.

2. Go to Effect (or tools?) in the menu bar and click reduce vocals.

(You can also find this button in the toolbar... its an icon of a mouth with a 'x')

3. Adjust the settings however you want it to sound. You can preview it by pressing the play button in the reduce vocal window.

Usually leaving it at the default setting is good.

It's not really an instrumental, because you can usually still hear the echos of the voices and whatnot, but they're good enough (:

Guest V A L XD

I'm really confused on which program to use when it comes to recording. I want a program that I use to make instrumental, and be able to record myself singing along with it [you know what I mean?]

I was thinking of using the Super MP3 Recorder Professional 6 but now I'm not quite sure. Everyone here seems to use different ones. Soooo, should I just Super Mp3?

Guest Steph1430262970

Hiii I have a problem that I want to fix :X

I'm using audacity right now for recording, but whenever I record, like my voice plays a few seconds after the instrumental +__+

I'm sure its not cause I'm offbeat because I sang it on time with the instrumental like a few times ;_;

Does anyone know the problem o_o?

Thank you! <3