Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

24 minutes ago, girlyponytail said:

I think Kdrama is part of Pop Culture, means it creates hype while it's airing but the other drama will soon replace it. Kim Eun Sook is good on this. Her catchy line or joke is so good for making pop culture buzz. However, her male characters are not that good, and I don't think Joon Gi will suit in Kim Eun Sook drama. Joon Gi is sooo good in portraying character, I hope his next project should be the project that he believes that he can give all his best and deliver to the audience, whoever the screen writer is.

Agree with you but her dramas have high rating. High ratings means awards for the main actors. Awards means that they are the best actors, means recognition and good projects in the future even if in all drama they didn't do anything but they talked on the cell phone making jokes.

• Like 6

@Diana Blanche I'm sad when kpop idols take the  main roles from excellent actors these days or  when good actors don't have a choice and act in some ordinary and impersonal dramas were is their  talents wasted. These days we have a lott  bad scripts and drama without real acting :crazy:. Kpop idols should take roles for which they are capable.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

Agree with you but her dramas have high rating. High ratings means awards for the main actors. Awards means that they are the best actors, means recognition and good projects in the future even if in all drama they didn't do anything but they talked on the cell phone making jokes.

I agree high rating = awards if it is in MBC. Actors may have fair chances with KBS & SBS as they are not as as notorious. 

So far, LJG choices of dramas are brilliant.  But I think it's high time for him to go back to making movies & even venture into movie production. 

@girlyponytail Kdrama is part of Korean Culture not pop culture. But many aspiring actors & entertainers use kpop and also modelling as an entry point to kdrama & kentertainment.

• Like 7

@lyserose The reason why Jisung is not in my list because I've only seen him proved himself as actor in KMLM. I watched Protect the Boss but that was forgettable. Also, in KMHM, Cha Do Yeon was supposedly the most complex character out of the personalities which I was hoping he would have done a better interpretation. The other personalities are just one dimensional. Though I find the quick shift from one personality to another very amusing. Anyhow not my favourite but it was a good drama. 

Re KES, I am also one of those who don't understand the hype about her drama. Her dramas are really good for newbies and to those who are still trying to establish themselves in the industry. If it so happen LJG will do one of her dramas, I would be curious  as to how he'd approach the character. After all interpretation of characters would really make a huge difference.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vanilia said:

@Diana Blanche I'm sad when kpop idols take the  main roles from excellent actors these days or  when good actors don't have a choice and act in some ordinary and impersonal dramas were is their  talents wasted. These days we have a lott  bad scripts and drama without real acting :crazy:. Kpop idols should take roles for which they are capable.

I feel you. But it is business so producers are taking the opportunity. Besides acting rates per episode of kpop idols are lower compared to established actors. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, girlyponytail said:

Hi @missmaudy thank you for your info.

Forgive my vocabulary selection. I don’t know how to say it in english, what i intend to say about pop culture, is something that is very popular or trending only in a certain period. Just like pop song,  when it become a hit, that song is played in every where, but when the other new pop song is launched, people start to play the newest song and forget the previous one.  Should I said "pop drama" then? ahahaha That is how I feel about Kdrama. 

I love watching Kdrama because it is so entertaining, but once it ended, the new drama will be aired,  so i don’t even bother to look for the cast name, etc, or even remember the characters.  Usually when i started familiar with the actor’s face after 2nd or 3rd drama,  I start to look for him/her in the internet. However,  Joon Gi  just needs  1 episode of MLSHR  to begin my quest , “anything about him” in the internet and finally find this thread hahaha.

No worries. At least, the misunderstanding has been cleared. Btw, my English is not very good as well. So no need to apologise.

• Like 7

Sometimes,. i'm not surprise if actor / actree really concern about rating, even JG concern about this too.

rating will take effect with actor's payment. More your drama have good rating, in the next project usually the payment will increase, because it will be easier to gain sponsorship. KES's drama usually have a big sponsorship, and actor/ actress who star in KES usually can get offer for high payment that's why.

Just say SJK in innocent man got paid 40 million won/ each ep, and when he cast for DOTS, he get paid for 60 million, and in the next project usually the payment / each episode will increase. 

We can say, rating is not everyting but it still a "bargaining power" usually the payment for modern drama more "bigger" than saeguk, ( product replacement LOL ) 

South Korean entertainment industry vote to create a list of power rankings for the top stars of the year. The TV Report list takes votes from the top Korean drama PDs at the major networks KBS, MBC, and SBS and the biggest production companies. In determining the rankings, the producers chose which actors and actresses they most want to see in starring drama roles. As contributing factors, the PDs considered acting talent, star power, and the reputation for on-set work ethic and attitude. ( So sometimes i don't surprise if some idol who lack in acting can be cast in some drama )

The latest news  release the power ranking and payment ( i don't know about Joong Gi or Won BIn :sweatingbullets: some people say this is from 2015, maybe in 2016 there's a change after his SH popularity

Kim Soo Hyun : 100 million

Jun Ji Hyun :100 million

Hyun Bin : 100 million

Lee Young Ae; 100 million

Jo In Sung : 80 million

So Ji Sub : 80 million

Lee Min Ho : 70 million

Yoo Ah In : 70 million

Lee Jong Suk :60 million 

Song Joong Ki : 60 million 

Ha Ji Won :50 million

Choi Ji Woo : 50 million

Song Hye Kyo : 50 million

Ji Chang Wook: 50 million/ ep

Kim Tae Hee : 40 million/ ep

Gong Hyo Jin : 40 million/ ep

Shin Min Ah : 30 million/ ep

Park Bo Young : 30 million/ ep

Park Shin Hye : 25 million/ ep

Moon Chae Won : 25 million/ ep

Just surprise isn't it, even Park Shin Hye still under Park Bo young, even sometimes i feel KSH is a little bit overrated ahahhaha :phew:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Being a fan more than 10 years late, I missed the young Lee Joon Gi. 

He's such a sweetheart, then and now~ Thank you for sharing! Hardly find one with English subs. I wish we have the full video subbed, I really want to know what were asked in the Q&A session and his answers. Fun and amusing it's his first FM isn't it? He even cosplayed as Kuchiki (from Bleach anime) and performed action scene, stuns and whatnot, it's like watching a theater. And he danced tango too! suave Joongi~ He is truly an entertainer, could really passed as idol too :w00t:

Thank you @booho yet another good news. At least we get to see both in modern times! heheh

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

I hope they will receive Best couple award. But for his great contribution to international success of MLSHR drama I expect LJG to receive the Daesang award or at least a Top Excellence Award.

Yea, let's hope for the best! Now that both confirmed their attendance I want them to win as well yahh getting greedy* :vicx: I agree with you! They have to note this one, internationally it's much wider reception than that of domestic! MLSHR is a global phenomenon (more likely LJG's) I must say so they better recognize that. Finger crossed* 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, yumezu said:

He's such a sweetheart, then and now~ Thank you for sharing! Hardly find one with English subs. I wish we have the full video subbed, I really want to know what were asked in the Q&A session and his answers. Fun and amusing it's his first FM isn't it? He even cosplayed as Kuchiki (from Bleach anime) and performed action scene, stuns and whatnot, it's like watching a theater. And he danced tango too! suave Joongi~ He is truly an entertainer, could really passed as idol too :w00t:

Thank you @booho yet another good news. At least we get to see both in modern times! heheh

Yea, let's hope for the best! Now that both confirmed their attendance I want them to win as well yahh getting greedy* :vicx: I agree with you! They have to note this one, internationally it's much wider reception than that of domestic! MLSHR is a global phenomenon (more likely LJG's) I must say so they better recognize that. Finger crossed* 

i really hope too, at least Top Excellence ( SBS drama award this year really tough competition ) please don't LMH againnn ( sorry for LMH fans LOL )

• Like 9

Sorry I won't settle for less for LJG esp his portrayal of Wang So. 

That is why before coming to this thread, I researched about LJG first. Because it didn't mean I was not aware of LJGs popularity before, he is less popular than any younger 'it'actors. 

• Like 5

Looking forward to seeing Joon Gi and LJE together at the SBS Award Festival on Saturday :wub: Hope he will win some awards! He definitely deserves all of them considering his mind-blowing performance in MLSHR this year! 

A little late but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, chingus! Some christmas presents to us from these great artists:

Spoiler

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I hope they will receive Best couple award. But for his great contribution to international success of MLSHR drama I expect LJG to receive the Daesang award or at least a Top Excellence Award.

But LJG not nominated for Daesang Award... Lets hope for Top Excellence Award #crossfinger

• Like 4