Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

48 minutes ago, kathylim82 said:

Hi chingus, if you wanna make more new accounts to vote in saf, you can try to create new email acc with mail.com. I managed to create 5 new ones. No handphone number needed. 

In my almost 10 years of watching kdramas, I've never paid attention to voting.

It's crazy but I have started voting to whatever voting sites you posted here. :)  All for the love for LJG! :) 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

In my almost 10 years of watching kdramas, I've never paid attention to voting.

It's crazy but I have started voting to whatever voting sites you posted here. :)  All for the love for LJG! :) 

ahahahahah sameee, i watch Kdrama since endless love-era, but never disturb to do vote etc

it's my  first time i spend my time to do voting in all portal site LOL

• Like 12

On 12/24/2016 at 4:12 PM, ziggy123 said:

In terms of popularity it is tough but acting wise joongi wins no comment about it. People will obviously just vote their favs not looking at the actual acting performance as the vote is for actor of the year.

Welp. That's the sad part. And it isn't just about Soompi awards. Hoping the SBS awards will recognize him.

• Like 9

On 12/23/2016 at 10:16 PM, jgismyking said:

Don't worry. We are hoping for the same thing. He looks good in those winter clothes too. I guess CT is scheduled for a spring release though after Shin Min Ah's drama, which will take over Goblin's timeslot. Not on topic, but I'm loving Goblin so far. Wish our Joon GI can take on a drama/role like this. Anyways, really can't wait for the SBS awards. And wishing everyone here an advance Merry Christmas!! :) 

I am watching Goblin as well and like it but I can't help thinking that LJG would suit the part more because his looks are more otherworldly and his expressions can vary more than Gong Yoo's. I can imagine LJG confusing the girl more with his scary/mean/caring/loving looks than Gong Yoo who looks like a puppy dog rather than someone who has a bloody history and with the power of a god. I hope Joon Gi will pick a winner for his next project, he so deserves it. Happy Holidays everyone !

• Like 14

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

I am watching Goblin as well and like it but I can't help thinking that LJG would suit the part more because his looks are more otherworldly and his expressions can vary more than Gong Yoo's. I can imagine LJG confusing the girl more with his scary/mean/caring/loving looks than Gong Yoo who looks like a puppy dog rather than someone who has a bloody history and with the power of a god. I hope Joon Gi will pick a winner for his next project, he so deserves it. Happy Holidays everyone !

I am one of the few who dislike "Goblin" and anything penned by Kim Eun Sook. The fact that I dropped all her major hits including Secret Garden, The Heirs, Descendants of The Sun and now Goblin really cemented the fact that her writings never resonated with me. I swear for the life of me that I will only watch a KES drama if she gets Joon Gi to headline her drama. Not supposed to undermine other actor but we all know that Gong Yoo is not Joon Gi. He is a pleasant actor but I would not put him in the same league as Joon Gi. Those that I really could place on the same level as Joon Gi are Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung and So Ji Sub.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, hiluna said:

Lee Joon Gi would slay that role!! He would be such an awesome Goblin. Gong Yoo is so lucky to have played such a complex character. But as much as I love LJG, the writer really wanted Gong Yoo to play that part so I guess GY was meant to play Goblin. I have a feeling though that Joon Gi will get a really, really good role/project next year! Based on his fan meeting, he said he wants to do a "modern action show". So let's all hope he gets what he wishes for next year. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

I am one of the few who dislike "Goblin" and anything penned by Kim Eun Sook. The fact that I dropped all her major hits including Secret Garden, The Heirs, Descendants of The Sun and now Goblin really cemented the fact that her writings never resonated with me. I swear for the life of me that I will only watch a KES drama if she gets Joon Gi to headline her drama. Not supposed to undermine other actor but we all know that Gong Yoo is not Joon Gi. He is a pleasant actor but I would not put him in the same league as Joon Gi. Those that I really could place on the same level as Joon Gi are Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung and So Ji Sub.

KES's drama is typical Disney's story ahahhaahah, her drama's style is "fangirl's style" simple, light ( even until ep 8,  Goblin didn't have antagonist character >0<  )  and womanizer ( all the lead actor will look "really cool" in her drama )  LOL , but sometimes "simple is the best" ahahahha  ( don't hope we can watch super conflict like Scarlet heart or signal in her drama :sweatingbullets: )  i watch goblin, it's good  because the story can't predict, but is not a drama 1 will watch 2 times

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

Wow! You just posted my list of Korean best actors. But in place of Jisung, I have Hyun Bin. I was more fascinated with Hyun Bin's DID interpretation than Jisung. I also like Chun Jung Myung as he is quite experimental as an actor. 

If I were to rank them, definitely LJG is my number 1 since 3 months ago. ML was my first drama of his but after watching most of his dramas and movies, I confirmed his definitely number 1.  Or even just the Wang So as bar, dang! that character is quite difficult to beat. Would LJG even beat it in his future performances?

The top spot was previously occupied by JH & SJS. I can't decide between the two so they tied on rank 2. Though I know the former is more versatile & more experimental than the latter. The only thing, I'm unimpressed as to why JH has to do the Jack Sparrow style in more than 1 drama.  I wonder why he has difficulty shaking off that style.

4. CJM 5. Hyun Bin.  

• Like 13

36 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

Wow! You just posted my list of Korean best actors. But in place of Jisung, I have Hyun Bin. I was more fascinated with Hyun Bin's DID interpretation than Jisung. I also like Chun Jung Myung as he is quite experimental as an actor. 

If I were to rank them, definitely LJG is my number 1 since 3 months ago. ML was my first drama of his but after watching most of his dramas and movies, I confirmed his definitely number 1.  Or even just the Wang So as bar, dang! that character is quite difficult to beat. Would LJG even beat it in his future performances?

The top spot was previously occupied by JH & SJS. I can't decide between the two so they tied on rank 2. Though I know the former is more versatile & more experimental than the latter. The only thing, I'm unimpressed as to why JH has to do the Jack Sparrow style in more than 1 drama.  I wonder why he has difficulty shaking off that style.

4. CJM 5. Hyun Bin.  

LOL. Jack Sparrow style! I think he pulled that antics for "Shine or Go Crazy". Wang So is (in whatever versions) branded as a cursed prince but Jang Hyuk made him quite dramatically funny whereas Joon Gi owned Wang So and made it so iconic. When I typed "Wang So" on google, automatically it's Joon Gi. I agree, it's a hard to top performance.

I placed Ji Sung in the league after I watched him in "Kill Me Heal Me". Playing 7 different personalities is really hard to do yet he nailed each one of them and if you compared with Hyun Bin in "Hyde Jekyll and Me", you will see why I picked Ji Sung. Too bad he selected two projects back to back with idols as leading actresses which worrying me since he is a fellow Namoo actors (with Joon Gi) and I say despite the agency takes good care of its actors, they do not guide them well in term of project selection. I hope Joon Gi will be very wise in his next role selection because seems like Namoo totally not reliable.

As for Kim Eun Sook, I could not warm up to her cheesy writings and over the top bantering dialogues and she created too many alpha male characters. Like I said, I will only watch her drama if Joon Gi is the one headlining. Goblin may be a complex character but a lot of actors come out of great rating hit dramas but how many can turn a role into an iconic one? So far, Joon Gi had 3 iconic roles - Gong Gil, Iljimae (Jang Dong Gun and Jung Il Woo had all played Iljimae but less memorable) and Wang So. And interestingly, he made Wang So so iconic and experiencing career resurgence when MLSHR was a rating dud in Korea. I dont think there is any other actor with such incredible feat. 

• Like 16

4 hours ago, lyserose said:

I dislike "Goblin" too only Ost is awesome but this drama for me don't have a depth and I dislike acting of main girl I think, they  did not convince me in his roles. Lee Dong Wook is a little beter in this cool role. I thought that  Goblin only I dislike. I would not want such a strange role for LJG. He really knows how to choose the original story even though most people are not into them. Who cares he will always have his audience. 

Yes they are on the same level but  with shades, one can better act out some action or comedy like Ji Sung and  for me JS share first place with LJG in my list of actors :wub: such kindness, modesty and ability they have in them....SJS is with them in the skills ... 

• Like 12

On 25/12/2016 at 10:12 AM, lyserose said:

I'm with you, @lyserose. I tried to enjoy Goblin and its banter, but found I could not support a script that gives its female protagonist zero purpose in life beyond freeing the Goblin from his immortal curse. The fact that Kim Go-eun's character had no identity beyond being the Goblin's bride rankled too much for my tastes. (May later episodes prove me wrong and grant Ji Eun-tak a full identity!)

My wishes for Lee Joon-gi's next project: something action-based, with a quirky actress, like Kang Ye-won, Kang Hye-jeong, Kong Hyo-jin, or Kang Han-na (yes, I really liked them on-screen together in MLSHR), and preferably a film. If not a film, then a Kim Eun-hee (of Signal fame) drama. We'll see!

• Like 12

Off topic

Spoiler

Voting like a crazy woman in all these polls at the and of the year I wondered many times if they have any relevance, and that would have to be named “The most popular actor/actress” or “The most popular drama of the year”, and not “The best” because fans will vote for their favorites  (actors/actresses) even if they would have played the role of a statues. I couldn't help but smile when one of these voting competitions ended with the victory of Baekhyun and this singer of Exo has proved to be the best actor of Korea according to that poll. :) It is not my intention to offend him, I really like him as Eun.

But looking back, to the dramas of the past years I have noted that actors with high popularity are the first who receive good offerts from producers and writers and more rarely those who have proved to be good actors but less popular. It is understandable that the popularity of an actor may raise the rating and can ensure the success of a drama. On the other hand it seems like the producers and writers have their own actors/actresses which they prefer.

And to be on toppic, I knew LJG was not the first choice for Scholar who walk in the night as first lead and I wonder if he was the first choice for the 4th prince in MLSHR.

So, if popularity is the barometer that measures the value of an actor/actress for the Korean producers and screenwriters and not his/her acting skills I will vote for LJG in every poll I could find him. With a higher popularity I hope he will receive a very good offer for next year. (Be it a movie or a drama).

• Like 15