Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Would be great considering the writer but I doubt this would happen. I noticed Joon Gi likes to have time to prepare for the drama. And he's more like summer-drama guy.

Lol. I noticed that too but watching videos of him arriving in Nagoya and watching Lee Min Ho in Legend Of Thr Blue Sea.....I so badly hope he will do a winter drama. I love men wearing long overcoat and LJG has the height to pull off that look. Ok, my reasoning is rather superficial but one can always dream n hope.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

Lol. I noticed that too but watching videos of him arriving in Nagoya and watching Lee Min Ho in Legend Of Thr Blue Sea.....I so badly hope he will do a winter drama. I love men wearing long overcoat and LJG has the height to pull off that look. Ok, my reasoning is rather superficial but one can always dream n hope.

Don't worry. We are hoping for the same thing. He looks good in those winter clothes too. I guess CT is scheduled for a spring release though after Shin Min Ah's drama, which will take over Goblin's timeslot. Not on topic, but I'm loving Goblin so far. Wish our Joon GI can take on a drama/role like this. Anyways, really can't wait for the SBS awards. And wishing everyone here an advance Merry Christmas!! :) 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, lyserose said:

LJG in a long coat. Maybe a good sandy color or black. Looking dapper af.

yeah your reasoning is tooootally valid.:heart:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Annyeong fellow LJG  fans. Are you all participating in the Soompi award votes? Just worried as he's not ranked in the top 3. Wanted to share with you all the respective links and how the voting is faring thus far.

Top 3 rankings we can see:

Best Idol Actor:  Our Baekhyun is #1

Best Adaptation: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is #1

Best Drama OST: For You (Chen x Baekhyun x XIUMIN) is #1

Best Bromance: Lee Joon Gi x Nam Joo Hyuk is #3

Second Lead Syndrome:  Kang Ha Neul (Scarlet Heart: Goryeo) is #1

Best Kiss: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is # is3

Spotoon Best Couple:  SHR is not ranked!!!

Actor of the Year: LJG is not ranked!!

Actress of the Year:  LJE is not ranked!!

Drama of the Year:   Scarlet Heart: Goryeo #2

Y

for actor of the year > Lee Joon Gi is no 3 now, but its a fierce competition ahahahhaha just say c'mon there's lee minho, ji chang wook, lee jong suk, song joong ki, park bo gum, it's really head to head

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, booho said:

for actor of the year > Lee Joon Gi is no 3 now, but its a fierce competition ahahahhaha just say c'mon there's lee minho, ji chang wook, lee jong suk, song joong ki, park bo gum, it's really head to head

In terms of popularity it is tough but acting wise joongi wins no comment about it. People will obviously just vote their favs not looking at the actual acting performance as the vote is for actor of the year.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I think that LJG has raised the bar with each of his performance year by year, drama after drama. In MLSHR he was downright brilliant, and I wonder how many of the korean actors can jump over this bar.

Sorry to cut your post

It doesn't surprise me too much that LJG and IU are not ranked. There are fans of MLSHR who didn't like LJG or IU or put it simple, they don't vote for them. I guess fans of KHN or Baekhyun don't vote for LJG or IU but they vote for the ML drama. And then the competition for best actor and best actress is more fierce. In a way, I'm sorry, especially as a fan of LJG because his popularity has not been proven here. For this Soompi award I use four FB acconts: mine, my husband account, my son account and my daughter account. :crazy: I never do that! But I'm happy for MLSHR for the third place on Naver. Too bad we don't know the results in SBS.

About his leading lady from his previous drama I admit I'm a little confused. As some of you said, he had as co-stars two actresses more known and appreciated in drama land than Lee Ji-eun. This girl managed to make him less shy and stifled in their romantic scenes even if she is at the beginning of her career as an actress. With IU he had the best chemistry.

Of course there are some fans who have not seen it but the most viewers of MLSHR, they saw it and they felt it. Why I clung to this damn chemistry? Because without it a drama doesn't have success. Most viewers are more sensitive when it comes to the romantic scenes. And they want them credible.

I don't know if I can say that LJG had no luck in his past projects. He was forced to choose from what was offered to him and I'm convinced he chose well. But I don't know if he had a word to say about his co-stars. He didn't choose them but the cast director. I don't think he would give up on a good story and a interesting character because he doesn't like the main actress. Maybe a very good actress and very popular it would raise the level of popularity of his future project but there is no guarantee that she would fit with LJG so well, it doesn't matter who she would be. Sometimes when two stars shine with the power they can eclipse each other. In my opinion that's what happened with the AATM drama. The rating was good but not impressive, the chemistry between the protagonists was good but without sparks and internationally, AATM has not made big waves. Nothing comparable with MLSHR. I Know many of you will not agree with me but this is what i think.

I apologize for my long post and I wish to all of you in this thread who celebrate Christmas

Merry-Christmas-Wishes-new-year-wishes.g

Totally agree with you about this issue with him and Iu and his female co stars.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ziggy123 said:

In terms of popularity it is tough but acting wise joongi wins no comment about it. People will obviously just vote their favs not looking at the actual acting performance as the vote is for actor of the year.

if the point was from acting performance it will be > joon Gi, Jisung, jang Hyuk :grimace:

Totally agree with you about this issue with him and Iu and his female co stars.

for me the drama who have good rating + good chemistry +  big waves this year was DOTS LOL , song-song couple was everywhere ahhahaha , even the last award they attend more like their wedding ceremony than drama awards LOL

• Like 8

i'm not surprise if there's a fanboy who always watch his drama / movie LOL, butttt..... if there's fanboy who brave and willing attend his fanmeet where 99% of audience is a girl, there's only 2 reason : 1. He accompany his friend / girlfriend ./ sister / his mom 2. He really a FANBOY !!! ahahahahah , cuz JG is an actor not an idol / singer like Bigbang, Park Hyo Sin etc ahahhaha, and i'm sure JG will really touch when see him, u need guts when attend some event where all the fans was girl / woman and always scream kkkkkkkk

• Like 20

8 hours ago, minekas said:

he's so handsome here:wub:

Gosh is this after the FM? after those routine he still look gorgeous and all natural :wub: 

----------

I know am late, but i just kennot! Thank you for the news! I'm so happy and excited that he'll be attending SAF! YIPPIE OMG so does this mean something to you guys? is he winning? *wishful thinking* I think that most of the attendees are likely to receive something. Isn't that how it usually work? But there are only two nominations as of now, so the other categories won't be included for voting? One week to go before the ceremony. All I can do is to support the voting. I'm furiously doing my part haa I really want Joongi, the casts and MLSHR as one to get recognized with an award. They are so deserving! And THANK YOU for all the reminders really helps me out. Let's all vote for our beloved Joongi, this is our chance to see him get crowned and giving speech with that ugh-so-deep-voice~ Umm can't wait!

Like everyone here, I too can't wait for his next project. Movies or dramas I don't mind but I like seeing him in series huhuhu so we can see him in long run :phew:~ I think him choosing project is what interests him (not because it somehow will hit ratings) and to challenge himself as an actor with not-so-typical-kdramaland characters. About his co-stars, it doesn't matter who he's paired with as long they can reach the audience and the story sticks to them. It is unfortunate that ratings is all and that it determines the drama popularity. I wish this to be change and start seeing them in different light. Idk why MLSHR is not doing well in ratings domestically, but to me the drama has it all! Tho the ending is not what I expected, and even felt like I was cheated! Lol but then I have realized and appreciated the bittersweet ending is what make them memorable.

AND I WISH ALL OF YOU ANGELS A Great Christmas and Happy Holidays~! Do vote if you have spare time, thank you :blush: :heart:

• Like 20