Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@lisethvrJoon Gi is so relaxed and seems to be enjoying the Zaobao video. I found out more about him ie, him taking a long time to  make decisions (not sure if that is just about his projects or life in general); that he sees himself as a good guy (funny how he talked about being a bad guy - I feel he nearly dug himself into a hole haha); that he's very conscious about what people think of him.  I think he was being quite candid - perhaps it was because the questions were more personal and not just about his current or upcoming projects.  And he looks...waaaa...well you know...maybe we have to create a new word that just describes him cos it's so hard to find one that is adequate:blink:  I'll just use this Korean word 심쿵 - shim koong which means 'heart racing' - an expression used when you see an extremely gorgeous person (according to Naver Dictionary)

@pixelsticks Yes I too wish I knew the translation of the choices he was given for each answer :)  I wonder if there is a longer subbed version of the interview because it seems to skip along part way though.

@MAROSA_JIN I love your (haha I went to type 'Eye Candy gifs' :lol: and they are :wink:) 'My Ears Candy' gifs.  I wonder (grovel, grovel) could I please ask you a favour??  Could you please make a gif for me?  I don't know how to make gifs and I see this expression of Joon Gi's often which I just love to bits.  There is an example at about 1.11 in the Zaobao video where he puts his lips together like a kind of hmmm/smirky look.  Please don't if it is going to cause you a lot of time and trouble - I don't want you to feel like you have too - I will understand :D:wub:

And poor Joon Gi in the 'Hero' behind the scenes - an occupational hazard and a guy problem :o  One thing to make us feel thankful about being a woman eh ^_^ (Mmmmm - maybe I shouldn't be assuming that it's only women here on the thread)

• Like 6

@NoonaE @lisethvr I am confused.  Is there any valid source to these photos/posts? Regular poster?  Reliable?

@Silvermaine Ahhh...it's so her.  

Question:  Does the Candy know who SHE is talking to?  Or is that a surprise as well? Although, I would think if you heard JG's voice...you would recognize it pretty quickly.  The new promo is loaded with more swoony/cute moments. White coat, hair styled...oh my!  Whenever this gets translated, please post! 

And please post links where one can watch this streamed or translated or?  Do we believe JG's episodes will be first?

@missmaudy That is the only drama I haven't watched yet.  Thanks for letting me know. 

@LyraYoo I ♥ that article.  It was posted earlier this year but it is so true!

Here is your friendly REMINDER TO 

:heart:  VOTE FOR JG  :heart:

http://nanshen.ddyule.cn/  Every 30 minutes while browsing online - Click on Blue characters with yellow outline below his pic.  It's down to the TOP 15 now.  He drops to 9th-11th often. 

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=2   Once Daily

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2017-poll/  Once Daily - He is #4 in this poll!

http://www.moolmang.com/sub/rank-view/?id=530&pop_cate=&pop_name=&sp_cate=&sp_name=&act= 

http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Joon-Gi  Click on 100% Bar

AND

http://ure.pia.co.jp/articles/-/71379 - go to end of article and bubble Lee Jun Ki, Click Red To Vote Confirmation Screen button, then click RED send button to finalize vote. Vote Daily

And have a good night/morning.  Less than 12 hours to My Ear Candy!

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Question:  Does the Candy know who SHE is talking to?  Or is that a surprise as well? Although, I would think if you heard JG's voice...you would recognize it pretty quickly.  The new promo is loaded with more swoony/cute moments. White coat, hair styled...oh my!  Whenever this gets translated, please post! 

Here's a translation from the shipper's thread. Not gonna tag the user who translated because she's not a part of the LJG thread. But thank you, StarCandy0516!

[Playing Love of Haesu instrument]

LJG : Hello

[TEXT] Hongsamie's Candy

Candy : Hello. I'm Bunny Bunny
LJG : Bunny Bunny?
LJG : I heard that you and me have a lot of things in common

[TEXT] Hongsamie and Bunny Bunny Similarity
They like singing and dancing

LJG : I like dancing and singing
LJG : Are you idol?

[TEXT] Singer
Idol (?)

[Text] Feel out

LJG : That's right, I saw you a lot in dramas
LJG : Hongsamie is actor
LJG : Bunny is also actress

[TEXT] So, Bunny Bunny is actress (?)

Candy : Ah .. really? hahaha

[TEXT] So, is that true?

LJG : I like cute person (girl) *confession to his candy* *awwww ... he's talking about JE, guys~!!!*

[TEXT] Hongsamie likes cute person (girl)

LJG : I think I can see you from here. So, I keep looking for you

[TEXT] Joking

LJG : Please jump a little bit from there!

[TEXT] Merong

LJG : I'm just wondering~ *he's making fun of his candy*

[TEXT] Sulk

Candy : Heung!

[TEXT] Please show your hand

LJG : Please show your hand to me
Candy : My hand?
Candy : Do you see it?

[Move to other scene]

LJG : It's cute
Candy : Hehehe

[TEXT] Cute candy Bunny Bunny

LJG : You also did that?
Candy : Yeah .. I'm also like that
LJG : Oh really?

[TEXT] It looks like we match each other well ...?!

LJG : It's nice we keep telling each other story through phone call like this

[TEXT] Why am I like this?

LJG : Look! My hand can't move now

[TEXT] Why am I like this? Heart-fluttering

LJG : It's kinda heart-fluttering

[TEXT] What if I personally come to there and find you?

LJG : What if I personally come to there and find you?
Candy : Huh?
Candy : Right. Find me then

[TEXT] Can Hongsamie and Bunny Bunny meet

• Like 12

@luvkstyle @pixelsticks the questions he was asked in zaobao were

Man's man vs warm and sweet man ➡ warm and sweet man

Soju vs sake ➡ soju

Wang so vs kim sung yeol ➡ wang so

Fish cake vs Ttokbokki ➡ Ttokbokki 

Eating vs sleeping ➡ sleeping

Exercise vs diet ➡ diet

Romance vs action shows ➡ action

Cr to ring.of.jg

• Like 11

This, I just couldn't.........................

8 hours ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Spoiler

p8n2wwX.gif

2 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

And he looks...waaaa...well you know...maybe we have to create a new word that just describes him cos it's so hard to find one that is adequate:blink:  I'll just use this Korean word 심쿵 - shim koong which means 'heart racing' - an expression used when you see an extremely gorgeous person (according to Naver Dictionary)

I can feel you. I'm calling him my 'pot' now. 

@glassnokamen  Hi Rita, welcome!  I don't have any experience for his Seoul events, but I heard tickets sold out in minutes. So, i guess, you should brace yourself to fight for snatching the booking. Some people said it's better to have someone in town to buy it for you, cause as you know their internet connection is very good, it's difficult to fight them from overseas. It sounds like an extremely fierce competition. 

• Like 12

@ziggy123 Thanks so much for the translation - helps me understand him more :D

@kiinn Your 'pot' - please explain haha :tongue:

@SilvermaineThank you for posting the translation for My Ear Candy - courtesy of StarCandy0516! - I was actually just trying to translate it with the help of Naver - a laborious task for me - so yay :D

@glassnokamenWelcome to the thread and your English is just fine :)

• Like 11

@MAROSA_JIN Thank you so much chingu for this gif of Joon Gi - yay - happy happy :D:wub:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-11-2017/-Unocx.gif&key=c2a33c2b45dfb673fb4a6a2f0156d5f2a8d7d04c36d2640a43d506e585674a2a

Sorry this is the only way I know how to post this - (right click and open link in new tab) :blink:  I'm not very skillful :(

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

@MAROSA_JIN Thank you so much chingu for this gif of Joon Gi - yay - happy happy :D:wub:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-11-2017/-Unocx.gif&key=c2a33c2b45dfb673fb4a6a2f0156d5f2a8d7d04c36d2640a43d506e585674a2a

Sorry this is the only way I know how to post this - (right click and open link in new tab) :blink:  I'm not very skillful :(

I love it. He looks mischievously charming. I don't know what it is in him but he can really draw your attention. He is oozing with charisma but what it is exactly?

• Like 9

@Silvermaine in Season 1 the identities of the 'Candy' were kept a secret, dunno why they change it in this second season. It kinda 'ruins' the secretive atmosphere, doesn't it? hahaha... and I just found out that they can eventually meet up in Season 2 while in Season 1 they couldn't... argh that again decreases the suspense and the potential 'bittersweet' mellow ending *ups haha*.

So it's Park Min Young all the way? lol... why why no surprise already? argh... anyway, I'll still watch to listen to JG's voice lulling me to sleep hahaha... and see him doing the supposedly 'everyday' thingies while being giddy, ok... that, I consider a big bonus lol.

Alright, for everyone who's still following the list of 100 things we love about Joon Gi, here's the updated list with the new points and suggestions of @pixelsticks, @luvkstyle, @emeraldblue, @junejungki and @violina incorporared  :D I've also taken the liberty to bring some order into it by creating categories and merging or explicating some points. I also added some new points myself - I mean how could we forget his horse riding skills? :lol: Anyways, a lot has changed so I'll put the original list into the spoiler tag for reference (But I only updated the new things you guys added but not my new stuff nor the formulation changes). If anyone feels that something is off or wants to change something please just do so or tell me and I'll change it! And please feel free to add new points, correct spelling mistakes or suggest reformulations. Completely new points I added are highlighted in blue

100 Things We Love About Joon Gi

Acting skills

1. His incredible acting skills: His acting started off great but became even greater and refined over time. Great acting as in, he always makes us believe he's actually going through whatever his character is going through. His characters never seem fake or inauthentic.

2. His onscreen presence and charisma: the way he can pull you in and make you feel for his character.

3. He is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama. Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006) experienced it. No wonder it didn't take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007. In his dramas, everyone in the screen but Joon Gi fades into the background.

4. Perfect first-lead actor: No sane person gets second-lead syndrome in a drama or movie in which Joon Gi is first lead.

5. His micro acting: His subtle facial muscles and how they react while in character.

6. His voice acting: His voice alone can pull you in. If he'd stop to work as an actor some day (please, no!) he could dub movies.

7. King of sageuk: He's a joy for everyone who loves historical movies/dramas. Noone can pull off a hanbok as naturally as him. His sageuk speech is on point. He always makes it look as if he belongs in that time of history.

8. His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor: Despite his many side endeavours (fan meetings, photoshootings, variety shows) he gives us at least one new drama to watch every single year without fail - sometimes we get to see even more than one acting project a year.

9. His versatile acting. He'd never allow us to grow bored of him or his roles. He always chooses different kind of roles that are challenging and deep. He can pull of roles with dual personalites easily. He is not afraid to act challenging roles and always sells the character convincingly. He also adapts his acting style and interpretation to suit the character.

10. His acting always is a joy to watch without fail because he knows how to "surprise" us viewers (even his fans who "know" him). His acting doesn't only seem real and convincing but he goes beyond that and creates something new and unpredictable within his roles personality range. Everyone can interpret a character but many do it in the most obvious and plain way (even if it seems natural and realistic) but Joon Gi's interpretations never are boring or predictable - his roles don't always seem different only because he chooses different kind of scripts but because of this.

11. The way he uses his body as part of his acting: He knows how to walk and move around to make his role look convincing. His posture and movement always is harmonic, looks aesthetically pleasing and fits his roles. His body movement is never stiff or awkward (well, apart from when he wants to make his role look like that). For all we know, Joon Gi and stiffness are antonyms! 

12. Like Kim Kyu Tae once said, he's like a 'volcano'. His acting is not restricted but he goes all out. He completely pours himself into his role and doesn’t feel the need to hold himself back or feel embarrassed. He shows his vulnerable side through his acting and doesn't try to look "cool" or guarded. 

13. He is excellent at showcasing romance in his dramas. His kiss scenes in pretty much all his dramas but especially his post military ones have a certain authenticity or realness that is rarely found in other kiss scenes in dramas. They are usually not too aggressive or intense. Instead they are gentle and filled with so much emotion they can burn your screen. There is just that special feeling to them that is hard to put in words. When he is making love confessions instead of them sounding cheesy or just like an actor reciting a script or trying to look cool.. his sound so passionate, so full of longing, so meaningful, so loving. Or the way he shows love towards his lead ladies by taking care of them (e.g. their feet after they hurt themselves).

Charm and Personality

14. His humor and ability to be goofy.

15. His ability to connect with the masses and make it geniune.

16. His expressive eyes! -that glance, cry, smile, smolder, show vulnerability, etc.

17. He is incredibly humble and genuine. He sees himself as an artist working towards improving his craft. In his interviews when he says this, you would think that maybe he is just being humble and doesnt want to boast when they compliment him, but somehow - maybe we're biased - when he says this it feels genuine.

18. He has good manners. We saw this at the SBS drama awards 2016. He bows, greets and compliments his seniors (Kim Sung Ryeung). And he bows and greets his juniors (Lee Min Ho). 

19. His ability to go from serious to goofy to sexy in less than 3 seconds

20. He is incredibly caring to his hoobae/juniors and his leadership skills are on point at film set.

21. He is a gentleman. He sure knows how to interact with women. See the way he took care and led Nang Sang Mi and IU at the award ceremonies and also the way he interact with Shin Min Ah during interviews. Such a classy man.

22. His contageous and funny way of laughing and giggling.

23. He is very wise and intelligent behind all of his goofyness. Every interview with him shows how deep his thinking process is and how perceptive he is. When he is answering questions, he takes time to give genuine, original and well thought answers. Not just one word or phrase answers and not those well rehearsed bull crap generic answers celebs give at interviews.

24. He learns from his mistakes and now doesn't let fame get to his head even though he is a very successful person overall.

25. He's not afraid to tell the truth about himself. Even when he's telling something that might make him look bad.

26. The way he's always willing to take responsibility for his decisions and try to make the best of them even in adverse situations.

27. The way he looks devinely shy when someone praises his work or his looks.

28. His ability to cry and still look amazing.

29. He's really good with people and tries to make them feel comfortable.

30. He loves kids. A man like that will instantly gain bonus points with women. We always ship Lee Joon Gi with babies and kids.

31. He's 34 years old but sometimes he's still like an adorable young boy. He simply is a cute cinnamon role!

32. He loves animals, especially dogs. Any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves kids and animals that much makes us feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person to us is so attractive. He even has a sizzling chemistry with horses!

33. His personality as a whole. If he stops dramas or movies (Hell No!!!*cringes*) he would totally excel as a variety star. See his guest appearances in Running Man, Healing Camp, Family Outing and Golden Fisheries.

34. His pouting face. No man should be this cute when pouting but Joon Gi's pouting face is just plain adorable.

35. He has many interests aside from acting like dancing, singing, food, martial arts, golf, soccer, drinking, and so on. 

36. He's got a romantic side to him and we love when he shows it! (e.g. My Ear's Candy)

37. He is zutter!

38. His sincerity in everything.

39. His boundless energy. He's always the moodmaker by jumping around and cheerfully sharing his energy even when he's exhausted himself.

40. His star quality/aura. In a room full of hundreds of stars and other regular people. You can't help but notice him. He has that shine to him.

Appearance

41. His unique and intriguing looks are one of the reason he got noticed by directors, fans, and so on when he was a young actor.

42. phoenix eyes: his eyes and their shape are special and beautiful.

43. Straight nose.

44. Killer jawline.

45. Heart-shaped lips.

46. clear skin and beautiful complexion.

47. His cute ears: We can totally imagine his mum pulling them when he is acting naughty or doing aegyo when he was a baby. But their shape is really beautiful, too, like elf ears.

48. His strong hands, long fingers and well groomed fingernails. And those arm veins...

49. His broad shoulders.

50. His legs are strong, athletic and beautiful.

51. His Adams apple: You can't unsee it and when he exposes his neck it just enhances his sexy manly appeal.

52. Not only his acting is versatile but his looks, too: He can go from ethereal beautiful beating even women to boyish and cute, manly heartachingly sexy like a rock star, gentleman-like handsome, to the Kpop idol look and when he wears hanbok, he can alternate between handsome, cute, sexy, beautiful within seconds. 

53. He can pull off any look and is a fashionista through and through. How can a man look so good in jewellery? From airport fashion to his fan meetings to simple casual wear when he is guesting at movie premiere's of his co-stars. Not forgetting how he can vary his hair colour from red to white to blonde to black to auburn and plus long hair, short hair, up do, porcupine hair style etc etc and look damn good most of the time.

54. He ages like wine: He will be 35 soon but no sign of real aging - or only in a reeeally good way.

55. His sexiness shines through even without him taking off his shirt and showing us abs - his swagger and confidence do that for him.

56. He doesn't need to show us abs to prove his sexiness but we're still delighted that Singapore FM has shown us uri oppa has a toned body especially his belly. He really has his "sexy on". Oppa if you have the urge to flaunt your body or a drama/movie requires you to do a shower scene or brooding half naked or treat a wound like with your shirt off - don't be shy and be more body confident. Your abs are not "fabric conditioner abs" like you said in your interview.

57. He looks stunning in a suit.

58. He could work as a fulltime model with his looks: If we were casting agents for a model agency or clients looking for an unconventional model we would definitely pick him. if you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of equally beautiful and talented actors and models his look alone stands out.. It's so unique. No wonder he is the original flowerboy.

59. Big bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox.

Man of Talents and Hard Work

60. He's a man of survival: He worked hard to get where he is now (e.g. enduring life in a small room full of cockroaches...).

61. Even though he's made it this far we admire that he hasn't thrown his hardworking personality away to this day and always tries to best himself with his next role. The way he always strives for more is how we believe he got better and better over the years in everything he does, not stagnating but giving his natural talent a chance to improve through his determination and will power.

62. His martial art and action skills as well as his astonishing flexibility. He's amazing! Things he can do with his legs - incredible. And he mastered several martial arts at that: Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree.

63. His cooking skills. We'd love to taste his food some day.

64. His language usage! International fans appreciate the fact he is learning and utilizing other languages to communicate with us all in spoken word and in his SNS usage. English, Mandarin, Japanese, and so on. Plus, we love that he's so confident in speaking them and that he has a clear articulation.

65. His pleasant singing voice and versatile music: he can sing ballads, electro-pop, hip hop, not limited to the genres he samples. And he can sing in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese.

66. His incredible dancing skills (e.g. his fun, robotic dancing).

67. His song writing ability and composing ability <- can someone confirm he composed songs? I didn't quite follow the discussion about this :D 

68. He is such a fantastic model not only because of his looks but because he has experience with the camera and knows exactly how to please the photographer. He changes his postures quickly and efficiently. We wouldn't be surprised if most of the times all shots could be used. His photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over and find new sides of him.

69. His horse riding skills!

70. His diction - he speaks so clearly. He had to work hard on his pronounciation for his acting career because he came from Busan and he did better than great!

71. Perfect shaped hearts...<3 And a great variety of them. He always amazes us with his fingers/hands abilities.

72. His work ethic.

Fanservice

73. We love his appreciation and connection to us - his fans. He's always lovely to us.

74. We love him for organizing so many fan meetings inside and outside of Korea to please all of his fans.

75. We love him for always making time to spend with his fans even when he doesn't have to, e.g. at the airport, press conferences, and so on.

76. We love that he is very active on various forms of social media like instagram, twitter, weibo, vlive app etc. And he doesn't only communicate in Korean/Hangul but uses many different languages. He even mastered the universal language: emoji. So we can understand what he is saying despite still remaining language barriers.

77. His pictures and videos on social media are always creative and fun.

78. Wherever he performs at his fanmeets, he incorporates local songs into his performance.

79. He knows how to be a fan himself: He's a big fan of Big Bang and EXO <- Not 100% sure I understood the former post by @emeraldblue about him being a Big Bang fanboy correctly. Did he call himself a Big Bang fan? And I do remember he also loves EXO so I added that but can someone confirm this to be safe? Or if someone knows what group/which singer he likes best that would be a great help :)

80. His albums and songs that he shares with the masses.

81. The ultimate fanservice 1: His ability to make pouring water something of an event (and R18...).

82. The ultimate fanservice 2: Humbly washing the feet of his fans. It showed all of us his sincerity towards his fans.

83. He's the best ambassador of Korean culture and the best Korean language teacher we can think of.

So, we're at 84. now!

My suggestion for 100........................: The Joon Gi Effect (no explanation needed, right? :lol:)

Original list:

Spoiler

1. His b... ok, let's start with a serious one - he really is good actor.
I mean we could of course start our list with his incredible looks but let's just face it - there are millions of handsome guys in k-wave yet it's Lee Joon Gi we love the most, right? There must be something more that his beauty. Pretty face can become boring when there's nothing more. So the first place is for his acting skills.
2. His beauty - now we can say it. :D
3. We love him for being so lovely to his fans.
4. We love him for giving so much fan service all the time.
5. We love him for giving us a drama to watch every single year (except for his military times but he's excused). @cedarwood

6. His expressive eyes! -that glance, cry, smile, smolder, show vulnerability, etc
7. His humor and ability to be goofy
8. His ability to connect with the masses and make it geniune.
9. His laugh and his giggles
10. His ability to cry and still look amazing.
11. His subtle facial muscles and how they react while in character 
12. His action skills and astonishing flexibility
13. His acting which can pull you in and make you feel for his character @pixelsticks 

14. Let's not forget about his martial skills. He's amazing! Things he can do with his legs - incredible. Btw - looking at new pictures - his legs are also beautiful. ^^ @cedarwood

15. His voice. Do I have to explain? If he'd stop to work as an actor some day (please, no!) he could dub movies. I'd watch them just for his voice.
16. His hardworking personality. I admire that he hasn't thrown it away to this day and always tries to best himself with his next role.
17. Man of survival: He's got all my respect for enduring life in a small room full of cockroaches... 
18. Man of talents 1: cooking skills. I'd love to taste his food some day
19. Those arm veins...
20. His versatile acting. He'd never allow us to grow bored of him or his roles.
21. King of saeguk. He's a joy for everyone who loves historical movies/dramas.
22. He's 34 years old but "still" an adorable cinnamon role - not that 34 years is old. :lol: @oyashirazu

23. will you join me in crowning Lee Joon Gi as the King of versatility I know someone has already said it but il vary it a little bit.
- His look is versatile. Example: cf, pictorials and music videos to see what I am talking about. He can go from ethereal beautiful, rock star sexy, to gentleman handsome, to kpop idol look, and when he wears hanbok, he can alternate between handsome, cute, sexy, beautiful within seconds. we have witnessed this in moonlovers and scholar of the night etc etc.
- His roles versatile. For example: He has acted roles with dual personalities more than once. see: Time between Dog and wolf=lee soo hyun/Kay. Iljimae=yong/iljimae/geom/. Moonlovers: Wangso/GwangJong. He is not afraid to act challenging roles like taesan and selling the character convincingly. Name one 31 year old actor who acted as a young Dad and made us root for him and his daughter in this current crop of popular actors. His historical dramas are also versatile: vampire/King/prince/thief/swordsman/gunman/clown/magistrate. He also adapts his acting style and interpretation to suit the character. Some actors who shall not be named act the same way for every role that quickly becomes boring after a while.
- His music is versatile. he can sing ballads, electro-pop, hip hop, not limit to the genres he samples. sing in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese.
- His martial arts are versatile. He has mastered several: Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree)
24. He loves kids. A man like that will instantly gain bonus points with women. I always ship lee joon gi and babies and kids.
25. He is incredibly humble and genuine. He sees himself as an artist working towards improving his craft. In his interviews when he says this, you would think that maybe he is just being humble and doesnt want to boast when they compliment him, but somehow maybe im biased but when he says this it feels genuine.
26. He has good manners. We saw this at the sbs drama awards 2016.Bows, greets and compliments his seniors (Kim Sung Ryeung).Bows and greets his juniors(Lee Min Ho). @violina

27. he is incredibly caring to his hoobae/juniors and his leadership skills are on point at film set. see what he had to say about working with IU below. Also see the way he led his co-stars at the SBS award ceremonies.
28. He is a gentleman. He sure knows how to interact with women. See the way he took care and led Nang Sang Mi and IU at the award ceremonies and also the way he interact with Shin Min Ah during interviews. Such a classy man.. @emeraldblue

29.  His language usage! International fans appreciate the fact he is learning and utilizing other languages to communicate with us all in spoken word and in his SNS usage!! English, Mandarin, Japanese, and so on. Plus, we love that he's so confident in speaking them and has a clear articulation.
30. His Sageuk speech!  
31. His ability to go from serious to goofy to sexy in > 3 seconds
32. His ability to make pouring water something of an event.  ^_^
33. His pleasant singing voice
34. His dancing (e.g. his fun, robotic dancing)
35. His creative selfies and videos
36. His albums and songs that he shares with the masses.
37. He will show us more of him on the My Ear's Candy show @pixelsticks

38. His personality as a whole. If he stops drama or movies (Hell No!!!*cringes*) he would totally excel as a variety star. see his guest appearances in running man, healing camp, family outing and golden fisheries.
39. He is very wise and intelligent. Behind all his goofyness. Every interview with him shows how deep his thinking process is and how perceptive he is. When he is answering questions, he takes time to give genuine, original and well thought answers. Not just one word or phrase answers and not those well rehearsed bull crap generic answers celebs give at interviews.
40. He learns from his mistakes and now doesn't let fame get to his head even though he is a very successful person overall.
41. He is a fashionista through and through. How can a man look so good in jewellery like he did in Hong Kong fan concert or any other fan meet really. or his airport fashion.. or just him in simple casual wear when he is guesting at movie premiere's of his co-stars. Not forgetting how he can vary his hair colour from Red to white to blonde to black to auburn and plus long hair, short hair, up do, porcupine hair style etc etc and look damn good most of the time.
-Not forgeting how intriguing it is that he can look so beautiful(think Gong Gil beauty)beating women even in recent photos when he wears pastel coloured clothes and cute(pink, yellow, red) and then manly heartachingly sexy when he wears black. (think Gwangjong, Resident Evil, Wang So, Iljimae)
42. His unique physical attributes. Someone mentioned in the previous page how he can transmit different emotions with his eyes in his acting .Il just mention the fact that they are there. his small phoenix eyes and their shape is so special.his straight nose. killer jawline. straight teeth and smile. His heart shaped lips. clear skin. He will be 35 soon but no sign of aging(not that 35 is old really but he doesn't look it).I also like that his sexiness shines through even without him taking off his shirt and showing us Abbs his swagger and confidence does that for him.
43. His star quality/aura. In a room full of hundreds of stars and other regular people. You can't help but notice him. He has that shine to him. @emeraldblue

44. He is such a fantastic model. his photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over. If I was a casting agent for a model agency or a client looking for an unconventional model. I would definitely pick him. if you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of equally beautiful and talented actors and models..his look alone stands out.. its so unique. No wonder he is the original flowerboy. Oh and bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox @violina

45. Perfect shaped hearts... And a great variety of them. Lol. He always amazed me with his fingers/hands habilities
46. His contageous and funny way of laughing
47. He's not afraid to tell the truth about himself. Even when he's telling something that might make him look bad
48. The way he's always willing to take responsabilities for his decidions and try to make the best of them even in adverse situations
49. The way he looks devinely shy when someone praises his work or his looks @antoniaclamens

50.  His broad strong hands and his well groomed fingernails.
51.  His broad shoulders.
52.  His diction - he speaks so clearly. (Good for me in my looooong journey to learn Korean language haha)
53.  His energy.
54.  His appreciation and connection to us...his fans.
55.  His sincerity in everything.
56.  His work ethic. @luvkstyle

57. I love that he is very active on various forms of social media like instagram, twitter, weibo, vlive app etc. Even if I had nine lives, I would never understand written hangul/Korean, lol. So if we see the videos or photo updates at least we know he is ok or at decipher what he is feeling with his emojis B) and we can know what he is up to, even if we cant understand what he is saying.
58. And being totally silly, his ears are so cute. I can totally imagine his mum pulling them when he is acting naughty or doing aegyo when he was a baby. :D @emeraldblue 

58-2. @junejungki added that she loves his ears because they are like elf ears.

59. (Just tongue-in-cheek) His love of ladies feet - I shall explain - I'm just watching Joseon Gunman again and in Ep 19 Soo-In hurts her foot while running away. Joon Gi aka Yoon Kang wraps it in a strip of his clothing and later finds her shoe and places it onto her foot.  This reminded me that a similar incident happened with Yang Sun in SWWTN and he took care of her foot as well.  Fast forward to his Seoul FM where he humbly washed the feet of one of his fans. (I was genuinely overwhelmed by his act of sincerity and its symbolism) Joon Gi - you can take care of my feet anytime - a foot massage after work would be heavenly - sigh :wink::tongue::wub:   @luvkstyle 

60. I love that he has many interests aside from acting like dancing, singing, food, martial arts, video games (I think he mentioned that once), golf, drinking  :Dand so on. 
61. The way he loves to be around people and enjoy every minute with them whether on set or in his free time. Hearing how he talked about the MLSHR set and the drinking gatherings in his interview, left the impression that instead of resting at home after a long and tiring day at work he'd prefer to have fun with other people. And since he's really good with people, I do think he really does enjoy to be with them  :) And with his fans, of course.
62. He's like a 'volcano': I already mentioned this in an earlier post but I think it belongs in this list so I'll cite myself: He’s not restricted but goes all out, whether it’s in his acting, his behavior towards his fans and co-actors, the way he moves, or even when it comes to talk in English. Kim Kyu Tae once said about his acting something like “he’s like a volcano” and that’s what I also think. He completely pours himself into what he does and doesn’t feel the need to hold himself back or feel embarrassed. And because he always keeps this volcano like personality up and strives for more is how I believe he got better and better over the years in everything he does, not stagnating but giving his natural talent a chance to improve through his hard work and will power. @oyashirazu

63. I was just watching his dance videos. I totally love that he is a HUGE VIP. His love for big bang is so cute. Had he failed as an actor he would totally be in big bang as member number seven or president of big bang fan club. Then he ruins his cool actor image/big bang fanboying and starts dancing to Twice T.T... which can alternate between "sexy girly" or "cringeworthy cute" you know the type of acts that make you go.. OMG" I can't with this oppa" leaving you speechless.. gotta love Lee Joon Gi. :D
64. He loves animals (Dog lover).I think he had four dogs last time I checked but don't count me on this. But anyway I'm not into animals myself nor am I into kids.. I find both extremely cute and that's it. But still any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves kids and animals that much makes feel feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person  to me is so attractive.
65. His onscreen presence is yet to be rivaled. I think it's safe to say he is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama. Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006)drama knows what I am talking about.no wonder it didn't take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007.
Its not the other actors fault because usually it's that when you put alpha-male/female actor and beta-male/female actor together ..alpha actor dominate and everyone in the screen fades into the background even if they are equal in talent and looks.
In TBDW, his charisma is so strong it's hard to believe the actor was only 25 and it was his first drama as lead.
66. No one mentioned how beautiful his skin colour is.
67. His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor. Il explain. So you see the guy is not only an actor, he has other side endeavours as a model, ventured into music and variety show so he can interact better with his fans. But all of these side professions can be full time careers on their own, they are demanding. You can see how this manifests itself physically by how much his weight fluctuates every now and then. He is such a workaholic.
but still each and every year he continues to participate in at least one acting project. he could take a hiatus for one year or two, and God knows the guy deserves some rest.. So I find that really admirable. And he does it all so cheerfully, see his photoshoots always jumping around, see his bts at film sets he is the moodmaker and at recording studio still so cheerful. @emeraldblue

68. Joon Gi in a suit looks stunning!!! :wub: @cedarwood

69. His pouting face. No man should be this cute when pouting but Joon Gi's pouting face is just plain adorable.

70. The way he walks and moves around. I love his body control. His posture and movement always is harmonic, natural and looks aesthetically pleasing. And I think that's not a given for actors or anyone at that. I think it’s thanks to his martial arts training and dancing skills that the way he moves looks this good but maybe it's also related to his height. I love Korean action and saeguk dramas but what I noticed about many of them: Some (mostly 'younger' and tall) actors look awkward and stiff when walking and moving around. In some cases, they improved after military training (but Joon Gi obviously was great even before his enlistment). In modern dramas it might be okay but in saeguks and especially during action scenes I often can't help but cringe. In my opinion body control is part of acting, too. If someone acts the role of a great warrior but looks stiff when fighting or someone acts as prince or king but his body posture and movement tells me he's got nothing 'royal' about him, I can't buy it. But that's never the case with Joon Gi. His body movement is never stiff or awkward and always fits his roles. For all I know, Joon Gi and stiffness are antonyms! @oyashirazu

71.  He is zutter!

72.  Wherever he performs at his fanmeets, he incorporates local songs into his performance.  So PLEASE COME TO THE USA and do a fan meet! @pixelsticks

73. Remember earlier we said he doesn't need to show us abs to prove his sexiness.well I'm still delighted that Singapore FM has shown us uri oppa has a toned body especially his belly:wub:.He really has his "sexy on".Oppa if you have the urge to flaunt your body or a drama/movie requires you to do a shower scene or brooding half naked or treat a wound like with your shirt off.Dont be shy and be more body confident.your abs are not "fabric conditioner abs":D like you said in your interview. @emeraldblue

74. His song writing ability (and maybe his ability to compose the music as well :O) @luvkstyle

75. Dear God this should have been mentioned at the beginning!it's so obvious in photos.Who here loves Lee Joon Gi's Adams apple.You can't unsee it and when he exposes his neck it just enhances his sexy manly appeal.:heart: @violina

On 8.3.2017 at 8:27 AM, emeraldblue said:

well done Unnie for compiling the list.wow it must have taken you a while to dig up everything since this thread has moved very quickly.I suggest if a kind hearted soul is willing to translate the list to Korean.Please do before giving him.I feel it would be much better if we express our love for him in the language he understands the best and send him the English version too.Our oppa make effort to communicate to us in the global language.we should also repay him back by reaching out to him in his language.Thats my opinion though.No need to translate word for word just summarise one liners in the Korea version and full revised text in English.

You're absolutely right that it'd be best if we'd be able to give him a Korean translation of the list. I'm sure he doesn't mind either way but I agree it's more polite to translate it. Don't know if there's anyone in this thread who could help us out with that, though :( My Korean isn't good enough yet and I'm too embarrassed to ask my Korean friends who don't know about this ... cough... little... obsession... hobby of mine :sweatingbullets:

Edited by oyashirazu
spelling mistakes and so on
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, kiinn said:

T  Hi Rita, welcome!  I don't have any experience for his Seoul events, but I heard tickets sold out in minutes. So, i guess, you should brace yourself to fight for snatching the booking. Some people said it's better to have someone in town to buy it for you, cause as you know their internet connection is very good, it's difficult to fight them from overseas. It sounds like an extremely fierce competition. 

So..... I have to find someone who live there in about.... mmmhhhh... 2 weeks.... yes... sure, it's so simple.... hahahahahaha!!!! Thanks for the tip @kiinn, I'll try my best to buy the ticket and I'll surely let you know if I get one :D:D:D

Edited by glassnokamen
  • Like 6

@oyashirazu OMG number 4 is sooo true! :D Like, what second lead syndrome or whatever syndrome?! I only have Lee Joon Gi syndrome! It doesn't even matter if he plays an unsympathizing jerk (Kim Eun Oh), or a worthless richard simmons (Jang Tae San), or a violent brooding prince (Wang So), not even an effeminate playboy that might turn off some (Seo Jung Woo) :wub: He just draws me in! 

• Like 11