Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, patoi said:

I read and look up statistics that 178 is considered taller than average for Korean men in general. 178 is not considered short for General Korean men. Those 180-186cm are new breed in entertainment industry mostly model type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2013/08/19/average-height-of-korean-men-and-average-height-of-vietnamese-men/

I agree with Patoi. I have thought that Korean men are mostly very tall. Until I visited Seoul and expected to see all the tall guys, but no. I am 163-165cm female and I am not way too short compared to the guys. My height reached above their shoulders, mostly, not below. And I am not even wearing heels. Even my husband who is 172-173cm did not feel petite at all standing amongst them.

I think some celebrity's height are overquote, just like how many healthy girls group and actresses underquote their weight as 45kg and below. Even when I was 4 months recuperating from surgery that made me looks horribly thin, I was at 47kg. I can't think how those healthy looking girls can be below 45kg, especially when they reported their height at above 165cm.

And thinking back the trend started in 2010s where celebrities started to quote their height above 180 - 190cm. LJG is already an established celebrity at that time and his height of 178cm were reported long ago. Hence his agency can't simply change his height to fit the 'trend'. I wouldn't like it either. If we look at his latest photos shopping in emart, he did appeared rather tall. Rather tall, not very tall.

To be fair, I am not saying all celebrity fabricated their height. Some actors are really tall to begin with eg; Yoo Ji Tae, Lee Kwang Soo.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, patoi said:

I read and look up statistics that 178 is considered taller than average for Korean men in general. 178 is not considered short for General Korean men. Those 180-186cm are new breed in entertainment industry mostly model type.

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2013/08/19/average-height-of-korean-men-and-average-height-of-vietnamese-men/

Lee Joon Gi's height is 178 cm as per his profile info. But he was 180cm in his drama's profile, both Time Between Dog and Wolf and Two Weeks. 

• Like 3

@junejungki Maybe  they often see him and shake hands with him every now and then. 

@Ainee Etp I agree with you because people say I'm tall with 178cm. So for me the high people is all over  185  and190 cm :D. Not bad for a woman to be  178cm. Perhaps with that height is difficult to maintain weight. When they told LJK he was too skinny then he replied that they certainly would not want to see him with his previous weight 80.... When I move above 84kg I feel very tired and I find it hard to breathe. I can understand it why he want to be thinner. Action scenes are easier for him. It's hard to deal with this business and not overwork yourself. All of this  overwork will be collected and one day you just collapse. 

@Uniform Victory maybe 178cm is from his school days or when he started his career. He is now in the best years 34-40

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/booming/why-am-i-getting-shorter-with-age.html

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, minekas said:

Spoiler

14993580_1514471828566208_79826838055954

cr as tagged/owner

I am starting to think LJG is the type who's moustache grows really fast. I have seen the hint of hairs many times above his lips. Bet that he's the kind who shaves in the morning and by night time they have grown again.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, cedarwood said:

My wish - Lee Joon Gi and Park Min Young as a couple in a drama - pleeeeease, dramalords!!!

Park Min Young is a good actress but don't you think it's high time for him to be paired with a noona? He had been paired up with two much younger ingenue actresses back to back. My wish is to have Ha Ji Won as his leading lady. She is a rating magnet and one of the few K-actresses who could pulled off action scenes. And they both had just came out of a botch remake of popular Taiwanese/Chinese dramas. Please drama gods, make it happen. 

13 hours ago, Vanilia said:

He and this time deserves an award for acting. I think his award for Best Actor will make him more happy, than award for best couple with IU. There are plenty of competitors maybe Song Joong Ki will took the award this year. 

DOTS was broadcast on KBS. So, there's no competition between him and Song Joong Ki. The competition likely to come from Lee Min Ho (is it bad of me to hope for "Legend of The Blue Sea" to not live up to its hype despite the starpower?), Kim Rae Won, Jo Jung Seok and of course, the formidable acting legend Han Suk Yu. And let's not forget Yoo Seung Ho and Nam Goong Min who came out of rating hit drama, "Remember" early this year.

10 hours ago, lisethvr said:

I don't think any of the other actors who were nominated for Best Actor at the 2013 MBC Drama Awards had the same level of performance that Joon Gi had in Two Weeks, that year the nominees for Best Actor in the Top Excellence category were Lee Seung Gi for the drama "Gu Family Book", Kwon Sang Woo for the drama "Medical Top Team" and Song Seung Heon for the drama "When a Man Loves" and the best actor award was given to Lee Seung Gi by "Gu Family Book" and to Lee Joon Gi didn't even nominate him in this category, but he was nominated in the category Excellent that is only for cast actors or novice leading actors and he neither won in that category. For me the awards of that year weren't fair, they were just popularity awards and as Gu Family Book had a good rating they gave the prize to the best actor to Lee Seung Gi and the best actress to Suzy.

The nominees for that year were really head-scratching. Both "Medical Top Team" and "When A Man Loves" did poorly in ratings and not even a critically acclaimed show as "Two Weeks". He was obviously sabotaged.

10 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Song Joong Ki is also another good actor but he hasn't challenge himself yet. His choices of characters are still on the safer side. 

His character in DOTS does not even worth for a nomination for best actor, if Wang So is the benchmark.  Well, he could be a good contenter for popularity award.  Maybe it could compete with Lee Joon Ki's Two Weeks, to be fair..even then Jang Tae San is better.   The Wang So though - even the diversity of multiple personality character cannot compete with how LJG delivered the Wang So character.

A bit sensitive to comment on other actors but I agree. While I agree that the current IT actors are equally talented, but all I could see are them in every characters they played. This is where great actors like Joon Gi and Han Suk Kyu stood out - they excelled in getting the audiences to see the characters they portrayed, not them the actors.

8 hours ago, junejungki said:

For Korean men, 178cm consider short. That will comes around 5 feet 10 inch?? Most actors/singer heights are around 180-186cm.

I have been to Korea few times and I don't find their men that very tall compared with European. But I do noticed that the profiles of most of the K-celebs stating the heights of above 180cm and probably, that's the reason for him being categorized as short in entertainment industry. Also, I noticed Koreans are not really fair compare with Hong Kong-ers and Taiwanese. Even the chinese in my country are much fairer.

8 hours ago, garnetstar24 said:

Actually...it's pretty well known that most idols lie about their height to appear taller. It's a running joke in a lot of interviews with idol singers and actors. Height is a huge issue in Korea since their average male is about 5ft 8inches. If Joon Gi is really 5ft 10inches he would be considered above average in height. He did appear shorter in Moon Lovers because he was acting with 3 models turned actors who happen to be 6feet tall. 

I read about that too. I accompanied my K-pop crazy little sister to G-Dragon's concert once and seeing him in person, I don't actually believe he is as tall as described in his profile. I believe they overquoted the height and underquoted the weight.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, patoi said:

My personal opinion, 178cm I consider as tall since on average most Asian people are not really tall anway. However, I once saw a talk show that invited Scholar Who Walks the Night cast, and Jun Ki said he wish he was taller because Chang Min and Lee So Hyun are tall and they look good with their height.

5 hours ago, kathylim82 said:

Your remark (in bold) reminds me of this pic. LOL.

Hide contents

n1cfgla8sxherv96g.jpg

Saw this at SHR thread. Credit to @minmar.

OK I take his ears:yum:

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Park Min Young is a good actress but don't you think it's high time for him to be paired with a noona? He had been paired up with two much younger ingenue actresses back to back. My wish is to have Ha Ji Won as his leading lady. She is a rating magnet and one of the few K-actresses who could pulled off action scenes. And they both had just came out of a botch remake of popular Taiwanese/Chinese dramas. Please drama gods, make it happen. 

DOTS was broadcast on KBS. So, there's no competition between him and Song Joong Ki. The competition likely to come from Lee Min Ho (is it bad of me to hope for "Legend of The Blue Sea" to not live up to its hype despite the starpower?), Kim Rae Won, Jo Jung Seok and of course, the formidable acting legend Han Suk Yu. And let's not forget Yoo Seung Ho and Nam Goong Min who came out of rating hit drama, "Remember" early this year.

The nominees for that year were really head-scratching. Both "Medical Top Team" and "When A Man Loves" did poorly in ratings and not even a critically acclaimed show as "Two Weeks". He was obviously sabotaged.

A bit sensitive to comment on other actors but I agree. While I agree that the current IT actors are equally talented, but all I could see are them in every characters they played. This is where great actors like Joon Gi and Han Suk Kyu stood out - they excelled in getting the audiences to see the characters they portrayed, not them the actors.

I have been to Korea few times and I don't find their men that very tall compared with European. But I do noticed that the profiles of most of the K-celebs stating the heights of above 180cm and probably, that's the reason for him being categorized as short in entertainment industry. Also, I noticed Koreans are not really fair compare with Hong Kong-ers and Taiwanese. Even the chinese in my country are much fairer.

I read about that too. I accompanied my K-pop crazy little sister to G-Dragon's concert once and seeing him in person, I don't actually believe he is as tall as described in his profile. I believe they overquoted the height and underquoted the weight.

Yeah, I agree. I have been to Korea twice and I think their men's height are pretty much the same like in my country.

Yes! Ha Ji Won will be good partner with LJG. She is my favourite actress.

1 hour ago, kathylim82 said:

Think his height is just perfect for his looks. Can't really imagine him being taller. 

Yes, I agree but it seems some Korean men are obsess with height. They wish they were taller when they are already tall.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am starting to think LJG is the type who's moustache grows really fast. I have seen the hint of hairs many times above his lips. Bet that he's the kind who shaves in the morning and by night time they have grown again.

My husband is that type of guy. His moutache grows very fast. He shave in the morning and by evening his moustache stubs appear. If he didnt shave the next morning, he will look like monkey by afternoon. Hair everywhere on his face.  :grin:

• Like 9