Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

What I most admire about Joon Gi is that he always gives everything of himself, that's why I would like that all his effort to be rewarded. A long time ago I saw this interview with the actress Han Hyo Joo, but for new fans or those who haven't seen I leave this video, here she talks about Iljimae and Joon Gi. From 5:44 she talks about Iljimae and from 7:32 - 9:00 talks about Joon Gi.

And this other video is from an interview with actor Han Jung Soo (Arang and the Magistrate) where he talks about Lee Joon Gi.

• Like 19

11 hours ago, lisethvr said:

I don't know if you saw this before? I think that not only her character in MLSHR liked him hahaha

LOL. I also think that she had (or has) a crush on him. Apart from her comment on his look (may be, she could be a longtime fangirl as well), she also posted photos of their wedding as well as the scene when Wang So allegedly consummated his marriage with Yeon Hwa on her IG :D that left many So-Soo shippers leaving angry comments. Tbh, I think she had great chemistry with Joon Gi, That little moments between them in episode 3 where Yeon Hwa tended to So's wound, there were sparks and intensity and as viewer, one could sense some tension between them. Sigh, if only they were given a loveline (how I wished). Too bad that no one ever bothered to interview Joon Gi and hear what he will say about KHN since she is not the lead actress and playing an antagonist some more. And I actually think Kang Han Na is a terrific actress and to my personal taste, I think she is prettier than IU with better acting chop. I wish she would get her chance to be elevated to a leading lady status and pair up with Joon Gi again in a drama or a movie, and this time, with a loveline. 

Regarding his personal style and fashion, I know well that is his prerogative but I am sure it's not a crime to criticize a bit in the name of good spirit :P I find his personal style is more on the edgy and funky side. Personally, among all, it's Lee Min Ho that actually fits my ideal in term of a man's personal style (minus his trademark an inch shorter above the ankle pants) but I am not a fan of him as an actor. I prefer men that dressed down and Joon Gi's style resonated more to my little sister, more youthful and trendy. But that's the thing about Joon Gi, I first like him because he made me fall in love with the character he portrayed in the drama, not he himself and that speaks volume of what a brilliant actor he is, for being capable to immerse in a role and leaving behind his real-self.  And even when I was mesmerized by his Kim Sung Yeol, truthfully I wasn't interested in him, the actor until I watched his videos and read his interviews and his warm and kind personality is what turning me into a fan. Back to his fashion and style, I still hate the current hairstyle. I always like him in black straight hair (I love Wang So's hair but he could not keep that hairstyle in real life ofc) and yes, thank goodness for the proper shoes.

Anyway, I happened to watch "Shine or Go Crazy" on Oh,K! (which broadcast all MBC programs in my country) after they completed re-running "Scholar Who Walks The Night" and my, I just could not bring myself to watch Jang Hyuk portraying Wang So. Nothing against Jang Hyuk (he is a marvelous actor in his own rights) but to me, Joon Gi's Wang So is perfection. As I said before and saying it again, there is no other Wang So to me other than Joon Gi. I really hope he will win some acting awards at SBS' year end awards show despite the stiff competition.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kathylim82 said:

Not so sure whether this has been posted before - Joon Gi's high school photo. He's a natural looker, not a fan of his hair though. :love:  The first thing that came to my mind is his ears. LOL. Thankfully he got them fixed.

He did something to his ears?

• Like 2

@lyserose I really love him as an actor. Such a phenomenal actor. But his chosen concept of how he presents himself as an artist is kind of hit or miss for me. With his current concept, I am also not a big fan. Though I believe that what we see of him is not what he is in reality. He is kind of mysterious. 

I like him better in this video.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

LOL. I also think that she had (or has) a crush on him. Apart from her comment on his look (may be, she could be a longtime fangirl as well), she also posted photos of their wedding as well as the scene when Wang So allegedly consummated his marriage with Yeon Hwa on her IG :D that left many So-Soo shippers leaving angry comments. Tbh, I think she had great chemistry with Joon Gi, That little moments between them in episode 3 where Yeon Hwa tended to So's wound, there were sparks and intensity and as viewer, one could sense some tension between them. Sigh, if only they were given a loveline (how I wished). Too bad that no one ever bothered to interview Joon Gi and hear what he will say about KHN since she is not the lead actress and playing an antagonist some more. And I actually think Kang Han Na is a terrific actress and to my personal taste, I think she is prettier than IU with better acting chop. I wish she would get her chance to be elevated to a leading lady status and pair up with Joon Gi again in a drama or a movie, and this time, with a loveline. 

Regarding his personal style and fashion, I know well that is his prerogative but I am sure it's not a crime to criticize a bit in the name of good spirit :P I find his personal style is more on the edgy and funky side. Personally, among all, it's Lee Min Ho that actually fits my ideal in term of a man's personal style (minus his trademark an inch shorter above the ankle pants) but I am not a fan of him as an actor. I prefer men that dressed down and Joon Gi's style resonated more to my little sister, more youthful and trendy. But that's the thing about Joon Gi, I first like him because he made me fall in love with the character he portrayed in the drama, not he himself and that speaks volume of what a brilliant actor he is, for being capable to immerse in a role and leaving behind his real-self.  And even when I was mesmerized by his Kim Sung Yeol, truthfully I wasn't interested in him, the actor until I watched his videos and read his interviews and his warm and kind personality is what turning me into a fan. Back to his fashion and style, I still hate the current hairstyle. I always like him in black straight hair (I love Wang So's hair but he could not keep that hairstyle in real life ofc) and yes, thank goodness for the proper shoes.

Anyway, I happened to watch "Shine or Go Crazy" on Oh,K! (which broadcast all MBC programs in my country) after they completed re-running "Scholar Who Walks The Night" and my, I just could not bring myself to watch Jang Hyuk portraying Wang So. Nothing against Jang Hyuk (he is a marvelous actor in his own rights) but to me, Joon Gi's Wang So is perfection. As I said before and saying it again, there is no other Wang So to me other than Joon Gi. I really hope he will win some acting awards at SBS' year end awards show despite the stiff competition.

@lyseroseI don't want you to be disappoint when the TV stations' year's end awards event come around. It is a known fact that the year's end event is a Thank You awards for high ratings drama of the station. It is very likely Joon Gi will not get any top awards because actor's performance does not count in this kind of awards. If he gets any kind of top awards from SBS, and I hope with all my might that he would, the station will be doing the right thing for a change. 

3 hours ago, kathylim82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not so sure whether this has been posted before - Joon Gi's high school photo. He's a natural looker, not a fan of his hair though. :love:  The first thing that came to my mind is his ears. LOL. Thankfully he got them fixed.

@kathylim82I don't think he got his ears fixed. They still look the same to me in most of his current pics. May be they do something with them during the drama shooting but they are not permanently or surgically fixed.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, patoi said:

@lyseroseI don't want you to be disappoint when the TV stations' year's end awards event come around. It is a known fact that the year's end event is a Thank You awards for high ratings drama of the station. It is very likely Joon Gi will not get any top awards because actor's performance does not count in this kind of awards. If he gets any kind of top awards from SBS, and I hope with all my might they he would, the station will be doing the right thing for a change. 

But this drama has been on top spot for the last 4 episodes. It's been consistently on the top for CPI rating which includes online ssstreaming viewership plus the very warm international reception. 

If they don't recognise LJK performance in this drama, what integrity do this awarding ceremonies have. Even Kang Haneul's performance deserves recognition.

If they don't do the right thing, the world will know how screwed their award systems are.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

But this drama has been on top spot for the last 4 episodes. It's been consistently on the top for CPI rating which includes online ssstreaming viewership plus the very warm international reception. 

If they don't recognise LJK performance in this drama, what integrity do this awarding ceremonies have. Even Kang Haneul's performance deserves recognition.

If they don't do the right thing, the world will know how screwed their award systems are.

The world has already known their award systems are screwed. Have you not read articles in dramabeans or Koala? they always make fun of these events.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, patoi said:

@lyseroseI don't want you to be disappoint when the TV stations' year's end awards event come around. It is a known fact that the year's end event is a Thank You awards for high ratings drama of the station. It is very likely Joon Gi will not get any top awards because actor's performance does not count in this kind of awards. If he gets any kind of top awards from SBS, and I hope with all my might that he would, the station will be doing the right thing for a change. 

I am aware of it as well since I know it has always been popularity contest. Even Baeksang is not credible enough and as always in SK, they merited based on ratings and popularity. But I just could not stop myself from hoping. SBS dramas have not been doing so well this year except Remember, Doctors and likely Legend of The Blue Sea. Who knows he may win something since there's a hint that he is getting noticed based on the recent out of nowhere CF offer. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Uniform Victory said:

@lyserose I really love him as an actor. Such a phenomenal actor. But his chosen concept of how he presents himself as an artist is kind of hit or miss for me. With his current concept, I am also not a big fan. Though I believe that what we see of him is not what he is in reality. He is kind of mysterious. 

He is indeed a phenomenal actor. I am actually fine with his current style except the hairstyle but I do understand that as a celebrity, he needs to continue evolving and changing and of course, I agree with you, there are styles that work for me and they are some that I could hardly accept. So long as he is happy, I am all pleased as well. And yes, I think he is kind of mysterious - not in a brooding way like "Wang So" but he maintains a certain persona with his fans and for the public while keeping his personal life highly guarded which I think, is great and healthy for him.

@Uniform Victory Thanks for the video. I am curious, why is his school project being recorded and appeared in newspaper? And @kathylim82 If based on the video posted, I doubt that he got his ears fixed. Probably the styling helps to tone down the effect of his ears.

• Like 12

Anyway, I like his hairstyle in this video (I know the snippets were taken from some of his fan meetings before his military enlistment). I don't normally like men with funky edge style but I really love this one - either the black with streak of blonde and red or the total blonde. Not many men can carry this hairstyle but Joon Gi rawks it like no other.  And I also love this song of his.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, patoi said:

The world has already known their award systems are screwed. Have you not read articles in dramabeans or Koala? they always make fun of these events.

I am sorry but these two websites you mentioned aren't anything more credible in my point of view. I have stopped reading anything written by them. Though I sometimes visit their comments section as I find that part of the website as having better substance than the main page.

Fingers crossed that Lee Joon Gi gets the top award on TV this time. Because for me LJG interpretation of Wang So was phenomenal.  The range of the development of the character itself was so wide. He's able to deliver the character in multi-dimensions and that not even a multi-personality character in Kdramaland could match it. Seriously.

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, lyserose said:

He is indeed a phenomenal actor. I am actually fine with his current style except the hairstyle but I do understand that as a celebrity, he needs to continue evolving and changing and of course, I agree with you, there are styles that work for me and they are some that I could hardly accept. So long as he is happy, I am all pleased as well. And yes, I think he is kind of mysterious - not in a brooding way like "Wang So" but he maintains a certain persona with his fans and for the public while keeping his personal life highly guarded which I think, is great and healthy for him.

@Uniform Victory Thanks for the video. I am curious, why is his school project being recorded and appeared in newspaper?

I just accidentally stumble that school project video of his.  Now that he lost so much weight, his facial structure looks the same as to what it was back then in school as it shown in the video.

Maintaining certain persona as an artist, I think is a good thing and required in their profession.  What's more important is what he is in the inside. I thought he is a genuine person. His passion in anything he does is also very attractive.

• Like 13

I also have the hope that Joon Gi win the award for best actor this year although I'm trying to haven't high expectations with SBS' year end awards, after that in year 2013 MBC didn't recognize the performance of Joon Gi on Two Weeks I don't take these awards seriously. I remember being so disappointed and annoyed for what MBC did to Joon Gi, at that time I was a silent reader here in Soompi and read yours messages and like me the fans here also were sad and disappointed and in other places also It was the same. But at least his performance was recognized by k-nets and Korean media who published articles praising him and also when MBC released the list of nominees for Best Actor in the category Top Excellence they published headlines that included phrases like "Where is Lee Joon gi", that was comforting because I suppose that Joon Gi felt that he was recognized as the best actor even though he wasn't nominated and above all he felt the love and support of his fans. I think in that time he received a lot of sad tweets from fans, therefore he sent consolatory messages and that's one of the reasons why I love him, he can be sad for something but he worries about his fans that are sad for him.

This is the tweet that he wrote for his fans on 31 December 2013.

Good Morning~ Cheer Up~ It is valuable because we created a good piece laughing and crying together~^^ We don't have time to sit around like this. We have more days to show to the world what we make~. Let's start right away from 2014 kk~ It's the last day of 2013 so please wrap it up well~ I'll be back 
(translation by Elly) @JGFamily

• Like 13