Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, lisethvr said:

@smitten1710 Yes they are his dogs, the chihuahua white hair is male and his mombre is Joon and the chiguagua black hair is female and her name is Kabi, and since last year he has two dogs more, Andoo and Carry.

And he also posted a video with Kabi on his instagram.

Hi lisethvr, thanks for sharing this info + the picture. Wow, LJK has plenty of dogs. And they're all so cute. :P

November 9, 2016

[V Report] Lee Joon-gi swaps royal robes with turtleneck sweater

Broadcast date: Nov. 8
Starring: Kyuhyun, Momoland, Legend of the Blue Sea, BTOB, Lee Joon-gi, T-ara

Lee Joon-gi

(Naver V app)

Actor Lee Joon-gi traded the royal garb he wore as a king in the series “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” for turtleneck sweaters and coats in a photo shoot for Harper’s Bazaar China.

In a short clip released on the V app Tuesday, Lee is seen dressed in sweaters, a sleeveless T-shirt, dress shirts, coats and more.

“I wanted to show you a variety of fashionable looks, so I’m here shooting for the fashion spread,” Lee said to viewers.

Lee is starred in the TV drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,” along with singer-actress Lee Ji-eun, who is also known as IU.

(Naver V app)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201611091327532572637_2

• Like 21

10 hours ago, msgolightly9608 said:

Just because I am so bored at work right now. I am going to do a little LJG photo post. :D

I don't know what you're doing for living but I absolutely love your job! :D

(He's so cute with his doggies!)

6 hours ago, smitten1710 said:

Are those really his dogs? I would like to know because I'm a dog lover too :) Thanks

Yep, those are his dogs. I think he has 4 of them now. He really has to love animals! Which makes him even more perfect! :wub:

And those LDF photos... I don't know any other man who would look so good in canary yellow sweater. He looks good in anything he wears...

• Like 11

Thanks @lisethvr - for these cute pics of LJG with his doggies!!  A man that loves animals gets an instant approval from me!  

Also....I know this is a totally inappropriate comment for me to make because I'm fairly new here and to LJG but gosh, I really wish I could swap places with Kabi in that instagram pic. Lucky Kabi ... :wub:@cedarwoodand @antoniaclamens- I am sure you won't think badly of me for saying this (I hope!) :P.  

@antoniaclamens - you are in good company!  I was really impressed with LJG in Moon Lovers and plan to watch some of his other dramas. My biggest surprise was that when you watch LJG in BTS - he is so bubbly and so much fun BUT when you watch him act - he has this incredible presence and intensity about him that just mesmerised me.  I was very impressed with his acting (apart from just swooning :D!).

@willenette- hello my girl!!!!  So nice to see you here! You really know everything about everyone!  As you can see I have found a way to appreciate many k-actors and many kdramas (since my introduction to kdramas 3 years ago!).  I am still not bored of watching them and love discovering new dramas to love.  It's so lovely to know you are still around :D

• Like 13

@msgolightly9608 thank you for the info. I saw them in his instagram but I thought they were just for commercial photo shoots and that they were not really his pets :) 

@lisethvr thank you for the pictures. The video of the dog sleeping on his chest is very cute. It must be very hard for him to be apart from his pets for a long time due to his busy schedule and travelling a lot.  

• Like 11

4 hours ago, kathylim82 said:

When rewatching My Girl, saw the bruises and cuts on his leg. Suddenly recalled what JG said before that despite others saying he is more beautiful than women, he is actually a very tough man. 

I believe as well that he has a pretty noticeable scar on the back of one of his calves. I can't remember which drama or photo I saw it in, but I was actually fascinated by it. I really want to ask him how he got all of them. I bet they would be good stories.

Unlike my scar stories...which just shows how accident prone I am. :P

• Like 8

Hi, my favorite dramas are  Iljimae :wub:,Time Between Dog and Wolf, Hero with surprisingly good comedy, Arang and the Magistrate, Two Weeks and MLSH. Movies: April Snow, May 18, Fly  Daddy Fly and Never Said Goodbaye. The Hotel Venus is average movie but  Flying Boys with Kang Dong Wook and Yoon Kye Sang it was interesting to watch. LJK is very honest and humble person with a myriad of talents. Perhaps some answers for his  scars  in Healing Camp episode

Healing Camp 

• Like 12

161031 Lee Joon Gi Blames Himself for Scarletheart Ryo’s Poor Rating
14947688_1341384312561113_6722517833815168582_n.jpg?oh=e7dbdfb93e127d03589e14df588e318e&oe=58963084

Source: Lian He Zao Bao

Date: 31 October 2016

Korean drama "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" will air its last episode tomorrow night (1 Nov). The drama, since its debut in late August, has seen ratings hovering at single digit but a breakthrough was made with episode 18 which saw ratings hitting double digit at 10.1%. For a US$13 billion (S$17 billion) production of such scale, the domestic ratings are less than ideal. Lee Joon Gi, who starred as "4th Prince" in the leading role of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo did an email interview with Lian He Zao Bao. He took the difficult question on poor ratings with as much grace as self reproach.

Lee Joon Gi said, "I feel sad because the entire team worked really hard. The original version was very well received and so we were concerned if we could repeat the same success. However I've no regrets in taking on this role and I personally feel responsible for the poor ratings."

Many Korean Hallyu stars are often protective and evasive on questions such as poor ratings that can dent their star image. However, Lee Joon Gi not only spoke candidly on the sensitive topic but also shouldered the blame gallantly. He is glad that the drama is extremely popular outside Korea and is well received by its international audience that includes Singapore. For that, he is grateful.

His competitive nature sets high expectations for himself and others.

Lee Joon Gi watched ten episodes of the Chinese version to prepare and help in his portrayal of the 4th Prince, Wang So's role. He noticed, after reading the script, the Korean's 4th Prince has a darker side to him than the original 4th Prince and he jokes, "It's not just the darker personality but his taste for fashion too". Indeed, much of Wang So's Goryeo costumes are in darker color schemes.

When asked if there is a dark side to his personality too, Lee Joon Gi demonstrated his quick wit, "My dark side is my hair color"! He went on to add, in a more serious note, "I have very high expectations for myself as well as others. I always strive to excel in everything I do and thus, I may appear competitive to some people. However, I feel it's good to have competition and it's not wrong to want to win".

He suffered setbacks just like Wang So

Wang So has never received any love from his mother since he was scarred at a young age. Lee Joon Gi worked hard on the physical appearance to bring out the savageness and inner turmoil in the tormented soul. He made news when he rapidly lost 15kg to look the part of a wounded man. He also shared that he had deliberately isolated himself in solitude and voided his heart of all emotions before shooting to experience extreme loneliness and despair which helped him to get into his character.

Lee Joon Gi certainly impresses with his stellar performance in Scarlet Heart. You can feel the immense sadness in his eyes whenever he faced his mother. The scene where he had an emotional meltdown and broke down in sad sobs at his mother's deathbed was especially poignant. His heart wrenching tears at the unreciprocated love from his mother will tug at your heartstrings.

It seems like Lee Joon Gi would suffer a similar fate as Wang So, having to endure several setbacks in his younger days. He set his goal to be an actor from young but never found support in his family. Nonetheless, he went ahead to pursue his dreams, leaving Busan for Seoul, juggling between jobs and going for endless auditions. He did over 200 auditions but were never successful and launched his career as a commercial model instead. The turning point came when he get casted in the movie "King and the Clown" which catapulted him into stardom overnight. It did not come easy though. He had to go through three rounds of casting calls before beating 1000 over hopefuls for the coveted role. Lee Joon Gi acknowledged that he is an optimist with fighting spirits and that is why he could overcome hurdles and persevere to become the person he is now.

His kissing scenes with IU are his gifts for her birthday.

In Scarlet Heart, he wears a mask and can only rely on one half of his face to act and emote. Lee Joon Gi thinks it's really cool and challenging, "Actually acting is not just facial expressions, there's also the use of eyes, body language, chemistry with your co-stars, and the way you read your lines. I will make use of all these to convey my emotions effectively."

Lee Joon Gi works with Lee Ji Eun (IU) for the first time in Scarlet Heart and he is all praises for her. "IU's role, Haesoo, is not an easy role to handle. The role experienced a lot of emotional ups and downs right from the start and I was worried for her at first, thinking she will be under tremendous pressure. But I soon realized my worry is unfounded. Her talent and her ability to focus and adapt at work are what I admire her for."

They shared many kissing scenes in the drama. Lee Joon Gi shared, "It was IU's birthday when we were filming the first few kissing scenes. I teased her by saying that the kisses are my birthday gifts to her, haha! But I also quickly confessed that those gifts were not by her choice but what I liked!"

In the drama, Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul and IU were entangled in a love triangle. When asked how he would handle a love rival in real life, Lee Joon Gi said that he would choose to take a step back and retreat from the love triangle in order to see things more objectively. He says, "What's yours will be yours. Isn't there an English song that says 'Whatever will be will be'? Lee Joon Gi is referring to the song "Que sera sera" which means not forcing things and allowing nature to take its course.

Translated by: Transhamster

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/jgfamily/161031-lee-joon-gi-blames-himself-for-scarletheart-ryos-poor-rating/1419042191457481?qid=6351162514409542094&mf_story_key=-6963644526659849562

• Like 17

3 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

i cant get used him on modern look, long hair suits him more... (or maybe his pics as WS was so perfect that i like it more... :))

I agree he looks really really great with long hair, Wang So's style ;) He hardly as any competition when it comes to long hair. It just fits with his face perfectly like no other. But I also love his short hair in Time Between Dog and Wolf. Anyway, he changes hairstyle so often, that there is for everyone's taste ;) 

2 hours ago, msgolightly9608 said:

I believe as well that he has a pretty noticeable scar on the back of one of his calves. I can't remember which drama or photo I saw it in, but I was actually fascinated by it. I really want to ask him how he got all of them. I bet they would be good stories.

If I'm not mistaken, he said once he is very proud of his scars and likes them. Like you said, there is a story behind each of them. Calves ? (google translation couldn't help me with the meaning, I don't know what it is ^^) He has one very noticeable on his right hand ~ (and probably a dozen more, right ^^)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, msgolightly9608 said:

He talks a bit about his leg scars on this My Girl making video. I didn't realize until watching this yesterday that he'd gotten injured on even the My Girl set. :sweatingbullets: it's like almost every work he does literally leaves a mark on him.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

I agree he looks really really great with long hair, Wang So's style ;) He hardly as any competition when it comes to long hair. It just fits with his face perfectly like no other. But I also love his short hair in Time Between Dog and Wolf. Anyway, he changes hairstyle so often, that there is for everyone's taste ;) 

If I'm not mistaken, he said once he is very proud of his scars and likes them. Like you said, there is a story behind each of them. Calves ? (google translation couldn't help me with the meaning, I don't know what it is ^^) He has one very noticeable on his right hand ~ (and probably a dozen more, right ^^)

Calves are the lower leg muscles :)

But I think it actually might be the one on the front of his lower leg as shown in the gif above that I am thinking of.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, liongurl said:

He talks a bit about his leg scars on this My Girl making video. I didn't realize until watching this yesterday that he'd gotten injured on even the My Girl set. :sweatingbullets: it's like almost every work he does literally leaves a mark on him.

In the Knee Guru talk show, he mentioned that his whole body is covered with bruises *heartache*. He even jokingly said that he must be 'perverted' as he likes seeing those bruises and scars on him though he is sorry for making his fans worry. What a sweet guy.:heart:

• Like 13

3 hours ago, lisethvr said:
161031 Lee Joon Gi Blames Himself For Poor Ratings of ‘Scarletheart Ryo’

Thanks for sharing. It still pains me to read articles about how he shoulders the responsibility for disappointing domestic ratings as the male lead. Nonetheless, he is receiving all the love near and far which is testimony of his stellar performance as WS. Can't wait to see him in a new production. Cone to SG pls JG. :love:

• Like 14

13 hours ago, moniw18 said:

Thanks @lisethvr - for these cute pics of LJG with his doggies!!  A man that loves animals gets an instant approval from me!  

Also....I know this is a totally inappropriate comment for me to make because I'm fairly new here and to LJG but gosh, I really wish I could swap places with Kabi in that instagram pic. Lucky Kabi ... :wub:@cedarwoodand @antoniaclamens- I am sure you won't think badly of me for saying this (I hope!) :P.  

@antoniaclamens - you are in good company!  I was really impressed with LJG in Moon Lovers and plan to watch some of his other dramas. My biggest surprise was that when you watch LJG in BTS - he is so bubbly and so much fun BUT when you watch him act - he has this incredible presence and intensity about him that just mesmerised me.  I was very impressed with his acting (apart from just swooning :D!).

@willenette- hello my girl!!!!  So nice to see you here! You really know everything about everyone!  As you can see I have found a way to appreciate many k-actors and many kdramas (since my introduction to kdramas 3 years ago!).  I am still not bored of watching them and love discovering new dramas to love.  It's so lovely to know you are still around :D

Hi moniw, wahhh...........I missed you, dear. You've been MIA here for quite a long while - I guess busy, right? I'm happy to know you're doing fine - & glad to see you around here. :P

• Like 4