Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@YulianyG Welcome to this thread JG Family/Angels :-* :-* :-*
<:-P<:-P
We are so glad you found us, ehhehhehe
:)) :)) :))
 @Irilight and @daegorr pointed out, if he is to set a new trend with each drama,is this going to be the year of the organ donations in Kdrama, if he takes this on?
  :-j
I still prefer Romantic / Comedy drama, whatever JK choose, hope it will be the best for him and us. 

class="at_ttl"Kim Hyun Joong Is Not The First K-Drama Actor To Forsake His Pretty Boy Image

Lee Jun Ki

To help shed his pretty boy image, Kim Hyun Joong has been showing off beefed-up abs and the scars he wears for his new drama "Inspiring Generation." In that drama he plays Shin Jung Tae a tough street fighter in 1930s Shanghai. His action role image and the image promoted for his recent single "Unbreakable" are a far cry from his flower boy image as the prettiest member of F4 in "Boys Over Flowers.

At a press conference for his new drama, Kim Hyun Joong said that his previous flower boy image really stood out.

"In this drama I really went for a more macho look. I feel like I'm learning about masculinity when I'm filming."

But he's not the only k-drama actor to set aside a flower boy image for more manly roles. Two other k-drama actors, Lee Jun Ki and Song Joong Ki, have worked to project a more masculine image.

Lee Jun Ki was very macho in the recent thriller "Two Weeks." He rode a motorcycle, battled thugs and took his fair share of punches. But he did not always play such macho characters.

He first appeared in hit film "The King and the Clown," playing Gong Gil, an effeminate clown in the Joseon dynasty. The movie became the highest grossing film of its time, selling 12.3 million tickets. While Lee Jun Ki was pleased with the film's success he did not want to be typecast.

"After my performance in 'The King and the Clown,' I found myself at the forefront of this pretty boy trend," he said.

After the film he sought more masculine roles, starring in the dramas "Time Between Dog and Wolf" and "Iljimae."

(skipped unrelated.....)

Losing the pretty boy image has worked out for Lee Jun Ki and Song Joong Ki. How do you think it will work out for Kim Hyun Joong?

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Guest elaina78

yes LJK will coming back to dramaland? so excited. i also like HJM. just the writer.. hmmm. i hope this drama will succes. still upset he rejected AOF. it get nice review and rating quite good. btw beside drama will LJK doing movie?

Oh!!! falling in love with the murderer's daughter and being the eyeball donor? is that so?!! I feel like Joongi won't take this drama somehow (not that I'm going to regret it). but it sounds like Inspiring Generation last year, there were so many rumors and gossips around him considering that role like seriously, but then (Thank God!!) the absolute fantastic Two Weeks has just popped up where nobody had a slight clue about it!! Besides, I don't see anything brighter and lighter about it, on contrast, I think it's more emotionally consuming if the storyline's gonna be up to that melodramatic level. I don't wanna judge but it sounds repeated comparing with what JoonGi's been getting us accustomed to!! Yeah at first, I was too excited. but then, the more I get news about the drama the more I become worried and confused!! If he has other choices better than this Drama script I hope he considers them!! 

@patoi thank u Dear!! it seems a long trip for him though <3

Hi @tesanne, I have just become Joon's fan during Arang time so may be you knew someone else in JG Thai Family. A lot of fans there. Anyway, nice to meet you here. Welcome @YulianyG to Joon's thread. Now that you found it, come talk about him with us often.
@willenette, thank you so much for all nice articles about uri Joon.

Come to think of it, if Joon accepts this role, the script reading must be done end of this month and next month official release of stills and posters must come out because the series will start in March. What a rush but besides attending script reading and taking photo for official photos and stills, Joon may have a little more time to prepare because the first few episodes may be about his teenage years played by Kang Ha Neul.

@tesanne @YulianyG welcome welcome :D Nice to meet you both :-h
@patoi oooo that's true. plus there's the press conference to attend before the 1st episode airs. Also his contract with IMX expires at the end of Feb? If he accepts Angel Eyes, I can only guess he will be re-signing with them since he can't go to the shooting if he's not under a management (right..? o.o)

Hi ladies....I really hope that Jun Ki refuse this.....really......
There's a reason why I didn't find so thrilled about this angel eyes writer due to their story writing style in BOF. The most bothering scenes for me is when in a 1st episode of BOF there was a scene : a high school boy try to suicides after he got those red card and all their friends just take their mobile to capture the moment. Since Korea is one of the highest suicides rates among south east asia for 10 - 39 years old, and this BOF target market are for young people.......For me this writer doesnt have any empathy and take it so lightly about this suicides attempt. This writer is unable to re-writing Hana Yori Dango ( which is one of my fave Jdrama, that introduce me to Matsujun and Mao ) . Well, it's so irresponsible when you write a storyline that involves a suicides attempt and the way people surround this boy act as nothing and all of them just take it as an entertainment so they shoot it and upload it online. Not to forget that one of the BOF cast really did suicides. After this writer butcherin the story Hanadan into those horrible BOF, the writer just signed her death sentenced for me.
Maybe I just afraid what kind of irresponsible stunt the writer will waving angel eyes story that might have a negative cause. The writer famous for butchering not only Hanadan but also Operation Proposal ( which is I also love ). #deep sigh.........After those beautiful story of Two Weeks ....I just picky....this hunch feeling is the same whenJun Ki choose Hero to the end........aarrgh....
All.....am I so touchy ?

@tesanne, your comment is very informative. If Joon really choose this one, we will have to trust him. Actually I love Hero, but the series met with so many problems before and during production. When it aired, it was up against IRIS, so c'est la vie, dear.
Someone started Angel's Eyes thread here at soompi but was told by Moderator that new drama thread can not be set unless there are 3 confirmed cast members.
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2021914/upcoming-drama-angel-s-eyes-%EC%97%94%EC%A0%A4%EC%95%84%EC%9D%B4%EC%A6%88

I almost join them until I read the moderator's comment at the end hahaha. Just want to be active if Joon will really pick this one.

Welcome to all new members! Good to see our small family here growing. 
I think everyone seems to be jumping the gun. It was the same thing when LJG was rumoured to be joining 1N2D. All you need is one news outlet to publish the rumour, and all the other korean news media start writing about the same thing, then the international community picks it up and translate the rumour into other languages which gets published on multiple sites, until the rumour ends up looking like it's true.  
He said that a decision will only be made at the end of the month, so there's simply no way to tell if he is already preparing to sign on this drama or not. Just because everyone is talking about it doesn't mean that he is any closer to making a decision. Rather, I think it's because this is all the information we have so far...that LJG and Han Jimin are considering the show, that's why people keep talking about them. We just have to wait for a response from him. 
I don't think he will jump on the first script he sees. Like I said before, I expect more of such news about him considering various scripts, so this is just one of many. This is just Round 1, so no point getting overly excited, only to get disappointed if he chooses not to do this drama. 
BUT, if he does pick this, I wouldn't be totally against it, especially if they make him play a blind man, since that will be a great challenge for him. I'm not a fan of melodramas, but if they can help boost his career, AND most importantly has a good script, I'm definitely open to it.

Yes, I agree with @daegorr. 
And there is no way this is the only and best script in his hands. Since he asked us what genres we want next he must have many many scripts from various genres. He doesn't have much to do these days as far as I know so I imagine him buried among scripts and reading all user comments on the internet hehe. I'm sure he is aware and considering all these we are talking about 
Btw, I did some research about eye transplant/donation (yes I actually googled it) and I think it cannot be done before one's death. So him giving his eyes to the girl is not possible unless the writer wrote a makjang story. 
yayy I'm looking forward to the end of this month! I miss him on my screen!! Of course I'll watch him even if he plays in the worst drama but I want to see him in a project that people will also watch not only for its leads but the amazing/unique/exciting story :) 

Yes, I agree that he must be considering many scripts now, I even imagine him reading them at his condo at the moment. News about his possible joining Angel's Eyes come out first before other possible series in his hand may due to the fact that it is the one most nearing airing date (March).

I hope he is not reading any scripts of series to be aired on MBC hehehe. From news story I read so far, it seems MBC can not yet find any series for Mon-Tues 10.00 pm time slot to replace Empress Qi which will end in April. I hope certain series starring uri Joon will not pop up out of the blue to fill that time slot.