Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

[NEWS] Lee Joongi and Han Ga In “considering” and “rejects” starring in “Angel Eyes”

201401141334491114_1.jpg

Actors Lee Joongi and Han Ga In revealed their stance towards news of their casting in new SBS weekend drama “Angel Eyes” (scriptwriter: Yoon Ji Ryun*).

A representative of Lee Joongi told MyDaily over the phone that “Angel Eyes” is one of the shows that he is considering. Lee is currently having promotional activities in China and Japan.  A decision will only be made at the end of the month once he has concluded his promotions.

Meanwhile, a representative of Han Ga In’s agency BH Entertainment said that Han Ga In has not received any offer to star in “Angel Eyes”, and the show is currently in talks with other actresses.

Earlier this morning, a source had revealed that Lee Joongi and Han Ga In were strong candidates for the male and female leads of “Angel Eyes”.

“Angel Eyes” is a story about a couple who separated due to a sad family history and reunites again 12 years later. It has been confirmed that child actors Kang Ha Neul and Nam Ji Hyun will be playing the childhood roles of the lead couple, and the drama will air in March after “Thrice Married Woman” ends its run.   

*Yoon Ji Ryun is the scriptwriter of Boys Over Flowers

Translated from Korean to English by daegorr

Source: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201401141334491114

Although this is the kind of news that I've been waiting to hear for months, I'm not excited about this show because I don't really fancy weekend dramas. They tend to be very long, with overly dramatic (crappy) story lines that seem to lack the quality or deep/meaningful aspect that seem characteristic of Joongi's dramas. Up till now, I've always found his dramas to be very rewatchable, meaning, I wouldn't hesitate to watch his dramas again and again because they are good and interesting (and short). Whereas I struggle to finish some of the dramas of my other biases. 
I know we've been saying how much we want him to try out other roles that are different from what he has been doing so far, and this drama is indeed different, although not to my liking (especially if they are going to dwell on the childhood period for a long time). Also, I think A-list Hallyu actors (like Song Seunghun, Kwon Sangwoo) don't really star in weekend family dramas, so I wonder if this drama might be befitting of his Hallyu-star status. The good thing is that weekend dramas tend to enjoy very high ratings, so this could possibly be his first "hit" drama after his army stint.  

Thank you @daegorr for superb translation. Good thing about weekend drama is we have a long period to watch him but bad thing is like you point out, it's so draggy and dull especially in the middle of the story. We will have to rely on good writer and I don't like Boys Over Flower that this writer wrote very much. Sorry for BOF fans here.

I'm relieved! Love you Joon Gi ya for knowing what NOT to choose. The only reason I would be excited for this would be his pairing with Han Ji Min, everything else screams NO. I also don't think Joon Gi will suddenly jump to slow-paced 50 episode family weekend dramas from his usual action, fast paced shows. And I prefer a non-hit Two Weeks to a hit BoF (quality please). Also long shows will take more than his 8 months including pre-production, so there will remain little time for his 'hallyu star' activities like albums or fan-meets. 

Please Joon Gi, if you'll surprise us do it with one of the characters we listed above, not with a family drama! :D  

I literally had the :-? face when I read 'weekend drama'. I've never finished a weekend drama without ever having to skip through parts due to it being draggy or the problems of particular character/s just didn't interest me. Ugh, so true @daegorr! Most likely there will be many characters and less Joongi-focused. D:
Also, 'Scriptwriter of BOF' made me go :-SS. That drama was just...... not good at all. 
Funny how we mentioned about him quickly picking a drama/movie so we see him on screen again but then this news came and we're all like "PLS NOoOOo!" haha <3

Weekend drama Angel Eyes courts Lee Jun-ki to headlineby girlfriday | January 14, 2014 | 1 Comment

LeeJunKi1.jpg

Hmmm, Kang Haneul grows up to be Lee Jun-ki? Where do we sign up? New SBS weekend drama Angel Eyes is finally casting its leading man, and Lee Jun-ki (Two Weeks) is reportedly considering the role. Along with his casting announcement was word that Han Ga-in (The Moon That Embraces the Sun) was also being wooed to play the heroine, but her camp issued fast denials, which makes her the third leading actress to squash rumors of potential casting in this drama (after Han Ye-seul and Kim Haneul). Not that I’m too broken up about that.

The new weekender comes from PD Choi Moon-seok of Will It Snow For Christmas and writer Yoon Ji-ryun of Operation Proposal and Boys Over Flowers. The very loose description of the story is: a first love separated by family tragedy, reunited twelve years later. That’s it. So far the plot info is too generic to gauge anything from, since that’s like saying the drama will have actors and episodes.

If he takes the role, Lee Jun-ki would play the hero who has to send his first love away because of his family. Kang Haneul (Heirs) and Nam Ji-hyun (Hwa-yi) have been cast first as the teenage counterparts to the leads. If this is a melodrama a la Will It Snow For Christmas, it might be a good choice for Lee Jun-ki to keep expanding his genre breadth, though I have no idea what to expect from the writer of Boys Over Flowers. A lot will ride on the actress they manage to cast as the heroine, so fingers crossed for a good match-up.

Angel Eyes follows Thrice Married Woman and airs on Saturdays and Sundays beginning in March.

Honestly I've don't like kdrama weeked that have 50 episodes or more than 30 episode. I just watched Dong-Yi, Jewel in the Palace and Yi-san but I have to skip nonsense part because some scene are boring. Even if the drama have a high rating I still don't watched it. But if its Lee Jun Ki, I will anticipate it because I trusted his freedom of choice. He is very considerate when it comes to roles. He wants a role that well help him grow as an actor. But huhuhu I don't like the idea of having so many characters and some scene are getting boring . Joon Gi Ya please choose a drama well.....

Mr. JGshock is good at making us shock :-SS

Also at the same time, it's doubtful for us bcoz Joongi often tells in interviews that he's an actor who can act better when he loves more to the atmosphere of the project and the pd team. So, it's hard to believe he will be happy acting in such long & low-paced family dramas with the lesser screen time. I think he likes getting much screen time too, that's why he mainly chooses male-centered-mixed-genre plots than melo/rom-coms which have to share it together with the co-stars. Undeniably, this has become a tradition for his fans wanting him to star in the one-man shows ;))
In my opinion, a weekend/family drama won't gain much influence to the general foreign viewers or won't be the talk of the town also for his country whether it becomes a rating hit. He may probably know that won't be a good move for his career. There will be many romance works for upcoming weekday dramas even if he only wants to choose romance genre for this year. Now sbs & kbs are rapidly lining up their weekday dramas, just read about the new KBS sageuk on dramabeans, I saw some comments voting for uri Joongi :))

Hope he's just teasing the reporters with a project to be a hot topic for the media though he's not favorably considering it :P Here's waiting for his news of the confirmation of an exciting new project soon :D

A  writer Yoon Ji-ryun of Operation Proposal and Boys Over Flowers and a PD Choi Moon-seok of Will It Snow For Christmas . Honestly I don't like a bit of BOF (sorry fans but I like it a little) but it's not really bad as a drama. I tried to watched OP because I like the lead actor whose in the army now and it's his first drama as a lead actor (I like him below LJK), but haizt.... It didn't interest me at all  :)>-  I stop at episode 1.  Will It Snow For Christmas? I read negative comments so I didn't watch it.
So I wonder if LJK really get that idea calling his fans ANGELS from the drama Angels Eyes?   

Wait! SBS weekend dramas are not always the long ones, and just knew from some comments that secret garden was also a weekend sbs drama!! It was a big hit... though I dropped it cos it wasn't my cup of tea, sorry to SG fans ^:)^
Agree @petito, seems he won't consider another revenge plot if it doesn't have a new well-thought concept aside from this background.

Although I didn't like BOF and have no idea about this writer, there are chances now for Angel Eyes to become a popular drama in Korea and also to be a short melodrama since the writer also wrote short-length dramas ;)) If he confirms it, I believe his character choices, and there will even be a possibility of him returning with another awesome project in second half of 2014 since this drama is scheduled to start airing in March \:D/

Guys Guys Guys, I agree with all of you. I don't like long drama either and I've never watched any except for Jewel in the Palace. But wait!! What makes us so sure that's going to be a very long serial or a family Drama!! Remember the big hit weekend Drama Secret Garden that swept all the awards, even I didn't like it personally but it was a hit and medium length and a weekend Drama too.I'm basically a little bit excited & optimistic and I'd overlook everything since I fancy the lead couple If and only if they are gonna be JoonGi and JiMin <33 I'm familiar too with the writer and unfortunately her dramas were a big ughhh to me. But who knows? Maybe this time she will get so lucky and perhaps produces something that we would actually love/enjoy watching it. On the other hand, I'm not gonna regret it either if Joon Gi picked another drama over this one since I believe in his choices. Also I prefer a very well written underrated Dram other than a hit one with so many flaws because the ratings is not the actors' work and I've never base any Drama's quality on how high their ratings are!! 

I sense an announcement coming on from the IMX: “ True they offered and ……etc, but LeeJoonGi declined a long time ago”  So don't be worried.” ;))

@daegorr You can't be thanked enough for the great job you do, but Thank You!!

@merry Yeh, hahaha I read that ;)) . From the way they were talking about it I thought Joon Gi was casted already in that Drama.I don't want a Saeguk Drama, I'm not currently in the mood for it. 

Wow, Joseon Gunman! Bang Bang! Sounds so cool and I can imagine Joongi acting in it. But I agree it probably wouldn't be new territory for him in terms of acting.
On the other hand, I was trying to imagine him acting in the new TvN drama about grandpas solving crime. Not acting as one of the grandpas of course, but maybe as one of the sons or disgruntled detective who has to resolve all the mess caused by the grandpas. That would be cute, but then he won't be the lead. I don't know much about this show though so I'm just saying things based on my imagination lol. 
Yea, great point about weekend dramas not necessarily being long. I've seen SBS' Incarnation of Money, which was a weekend drama, but wasn't too long (24 episodes) and it was exciting!! Probably one of my top 10 favourite dramas.  I've also tried watching Five Fingers, another short weekend drama by SBS, but up till today I can't even complete half of the series although it stars my favourite Ji Changwookie. Ok, that's besides the point keke.
I won't be surprised if he rejects "Angel Eyes". Usually we will have to go through many rounds of such speculation before he finally settles on one drama. So I expect more of such news about him considering Drama #1, #2, #3 blah blah blah until we finally see the article "Joongi confirms role in drama/movie"! I think this guessing game might be quite fun, LOL

Thank you for the fast translations, @daegorr!  :-bd :x

Ohhhhh! @Merry @roobie thank you for mentioning that not all weekend dramas are the long ones #:-S (didn't know that Secret Garden was a weekend drama, oops). I kind of assumed the drama was going to be long because of "sad family history" and it having the younger actors to play their "childhood", but that might not be the case now! :)

heheh i like guessing games too! It will be interesting to know the dramas he got offered and is considering :D 
http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/weekend-drama-angel-eyes-courts-lee-jun-ki-to-headline/

"Angel Eyes…that is an appropriate adjective for Lee Jun-ki’s eyes." I like that comment. =D>=D> =D>

hi all....how are you...been a silent family member for years and sometimes read some old family member been pop in this thread onces a while.Been Jun Ki fans since The King's man era, so I knew so well all those madness back then so...Angel Eyes ??.....really curious about this drama. The things is, Jun Ki always someone that even a writer, pd and crew really trust on his judgement.Since his King's Man era, he suggested the puppet scenes and also those acrobatic things and that his 1st big role and it hit off !! In My Girl he threw in a kick richard simmons playboy into action.....and he made Action Magistrate with Awesome Fan kick Dance.....I do believes and trust him if he take this role, he will make it into such daring and nuances acting plus put some little kick here and punch there....well, if you got him to sign on, I bet that they will use all his talent to the max right ? Anyway, I really really want him to do those Kbs drama.....than this Angel Eyes ....hope that Kbs drama writer been camp infront of his apartment and got to talk to him first. I love Jun Ki, he is a waaaay diferent than others. He always choose to act based on what he really like it. So, no worry about those Firm or Company  try to control his image. I always thought that he really in charge of what he wanna do it. Not to forget that he really want to do a drama that set a trend.....When I read that in Angel Eyes story is involves 'blind' and 'transplant' things...#sigh...worry if he will choose this. He loves drama story that have a 'cause'. And Sbs loves him....so I think if they really wanna him to come abroad, threw Han Ji Min in it .....But....if his habit doesn't changes, so it is a Sageuk time for him, in Summer time.Just cross my finger....

source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=073&aid=0002372247&sid1=001

Lee Jun Ki - Han Ji Min, 'Angel Eyes' first love we meet

2014011501000478300024981_59_20140114134

Han Ji Min Lee and we meet the first love of learning. multiple new SBS Entertainment officials say they jumalgeuk 'Angel Eyes' men and women rose mulmang hero. "Angel Eyes" is the first breakup painful childhood love of family company 12 years reunion As the story opens, starring Lee hero Dongju station being proposed scenario under consideration. Han Ji Min resourceful heroine station has reportedly received a call this love.

994699_657227164333317_2139517461_n.jpg

https://ko-kr.facebook.com/Justjimin82.Internationalfans

(cr: news.nate.com)