Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

4 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

I want a SBS drama because it would give him a bigger popularity in the International Film Industry and, of course, better opportunities for his career as a movie actor ...so he could join for a great movie and achieves the Big Prize he is dreaming for so many years

I completely understand you. Lawless Lawyer and Mr Bong are one of the best in their categories, but they were not recognized in the Korean award shows, if I’m not mistaken. The only consolation I have is that he received the Best Male Asian Star Award in Singapore. And he did not receive Daesang for the portrayal of Wang So – yes, I’m still bitter about it, he deserved better. So I too would really like it if his talents and hard work are appreciated in the form of awards also.

I believe that he was still blacklisted in 2016 and I can understand SBS and other K TV networks bc  ther were under a big political pressure... but Lawless Lawyer was in 2018...a year after the 2 scandals about blacklisting...so we can suppose the organisers of the most important K Drama Awards Shows were not under political control since then. My feeling is that for TVN was enough that Lawless Lawyer was sold in 8 countries at a good price so  they choose to support other dramas&actors, hopping that a prize will help TVN to sell them at a good price. It's all about money...nothing to do with the real acting performance 

Add: To be honest, I doubt that suddenly the K Film Industry has become completely free and all old corrupt guys left it or they have not enough power to pull strings 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, violina said:

For me honestly.I wouldnt be keen on him taking this drama for the following reasons.One and most importantly, the Hong Sisters havent written a good script in a long time.I think since master's sun."Big" and "Warm and Cozy" were flops.I have liked some of their dramas but one common fearure in most of them, they lean toward childishness.JG said one of his criteria for choosing dramas is those one with brainy scripts or the one with depth that can evoke many emotions from the audience.Two, tvn CG for romance fantasy dramas is atrocious.Hwayugi, gyeryong fairy tale drama, and bride of the water god are good examples.Three, the casting trail for this drama was Jun Ji Hyun first, when it didnt work out, the offer went to IU who is also not confirmed.This means the main protagonist or should I say the one driving the plot is the female lead.That means the one who will play the male lead is going to be playing somewhat a supporting role.Knowing how Joon Gi is:D, I dont think he would take an offer like that yet unless the lead actress is his senior or someone with same level of acting experience.They said this drama will air in the second half of this year, my bet is..the male lead will be one of the younger guys who are coming back from the army.It would be interesting to see him do a modern romance fantasy since he already did sageuk ones(arang and scholar) and tvn is still the real deal nowadays for drama and jtbc but I hope he chooses wisely.Whatever, he decides, il support though:D i miss him onscreen.

You have changed my mind. I forgot about Big, which I thought had the worst ending ever. The Hong sisters had so many hits, I didn't think about how long it has been since the last one. I didn't see any of the three tvN dramas you mention, but I'll take your word that the CG was terrible. It also makes sense for him to do something on a broadcast network after two years with tvN. And I really don't want to wait until the second half of this year to see him again.

The only thing I disagree with is that he would turn it down because the female lead is the main protagonist. After all, MLSHR was an ensemble with the female lead in practically every scene. JG didn't have a lot more screen time that Kang Ha Neul, but he totally dominated the drama. Rom coms are usually very equal with the male and female lead, even when the story revolves around the female.

My big dream, which I think is the same as his, is for him to get a major role in a Hollywood movie. He got his foot in the door, but he needs to follow up before too many years have passed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, joybran said:

I ordered the bucket hat. He has been wearing those hats a lot lately, but I have no idea how it will look on me. Probably awful. :D

Same!  Most of the time, my head is too big for hats. eating me onion head  <But I ordered one anyways:lol:.  This is my first K purchase where the shipping was downright reasonable! >>>

12 hours ago, joybran said:

There are so many people longing for the second season of MLSHR, which will never happen. This would be the next best thing for all those people.

I kept wondering if IU & JG on Knowing Brothers was some "media" test to see how the K public would react to the 2 of them together again.  

I do think the way the role/drama was addressed in the Soompi article, it did sound like the female character was the main impetus of the storyline, but I wonder if it is also a diversion from guessing the true plot. <<<I had so many ideas>>>  Yes I know the Hong Sisters haven't delivered lately yet I am just STARVING for casting news...so I am checking possible options.  I really want him to grab a role before Ji Chang Wook and Kang Ha Neul come back! 

6 hours ago, violina said:

.It would be interesting to see him do a modern romance fantasy since he already did sageuk ones(arang and scholar) and tvn is still the real deal nowadays for drama and jtbc but I hope he chooses wisely.Whatever, he decides, il support though:D i miss him onscreen.

Are they any JTBC dramas not cast yet?  Anybody know?

I should’ve said this when I delurked: thank you so much to all the lovely angels who kept updating in this forum. I am so very grateful to all of you.

WORD!! Thank you for continuing to Spread the LOVE.

So I too would really like it if his talents and hard work are appreciated in the form of awards also.

Yes yes yes!

And I haven’t backread yet, but have there been any discussions about the lyrics of Can’t Be Slow and Accepted? You know, for research purposes? crazy monkey 039  embarrassed1 onion head

hehehehehe.....I remember being all sweating onion headafter I read a few translations....

4 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

Add: To be honest, I doubt that suddenly the K Film Industry has become completely free and all old corrupt guys left or they have not enough power to pull strings 

Sad but probably very true. 

OK...Represent LJG has sold 3863 units with 12 hours left.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

This is my first K purchase where the shipping was downright reasonable! >>>

I kept wondering if IU & JG on Knowing Brothers was some "media" test to see how the K public would react to the 2 of them together again.  

I do think the way the role/drama was addressed in the Soompi article, it did sound like the female character was the main impetus of the storyline, but I wonder if it is also a diversion from guessing the true plot. <<<I had so many ideas>>>  Yes I know the Hong Sisters haven't delivered lately yet I am just STARVING for casting news...so I am checking possible options.  I really want him to grab a role before Ji Chang Wook and Kang Ha Neul come back! 

I was surprised how reasonable the shipping was. They must be printing them in the US. I guess that isn't too surprising since Represent is a US company. I think I read that JG is the first Korean actor they worked with.

I didn't think about Knowing Brothers being a media test, but it makes sense. If so, it was very successful. Didn't they say the two episodes were the highest rated for Knowing Brothers?

I have seen quite a few rom com dramas where the initial description emphasizes the female lead as the story impetus, but they always turn out to be pretty equal. I can't even remember one where the female's arc overshadows the male's. Even in a typical Candy story, the male storyline seems to drive the narrative.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, joybran said:

The only thing I disagree with is that he would turn it down because the female lead is the main protagonist. After all, MLSHR was an ensemble with the female lead in practically every scene. JG didn't have a lot more screen time that Kang Ha Neul, but he totally dominated the drama. Rom coms are usually very equal with the male and female lead, even when the story revolves around the female.

I was just about to say the same as you @joybranwhen I came across your response.  He is an actor that will always shine whatever role he decides to take on. "My Girl" is an example. When I watched it years and years ago I didn't even know who he was but I felt he played the character so well that he outclassed the leading man and had more chemistry with the leading lady.

• Like 3

I was undecided about taking the long trip to Hong Kong for his concert because I watched some of the Youtube clips and I didn't like his hairstyle and the baggy clothes. His long hair and bangs covered his handsome face somewhat and some of his outfits covered his dance moves.  However, I am a very long time fan of his and I have always wanted to see him in person so I will try to get tickets today and keep my fingers crossed that I can get a cheap flight from Toronto. :unsure: Good luck to my fellow soompiers who are going to try and get tickets.  Hopefully I will see some of you there in Hong Kong. :D

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I was just about to say the same as you @joybranwhen I came across your response.  He is an actor that will always shine whatever role he decides to take on. "My Girl" is an example. When I watched it years and years ago I didn't even know who he was but I felt he played the character so well that he outclassed the leading man and had more chemistry with the leading lady.

I agree with you :heart: He was very good from the beginning . I saw The Hotel Venus (Thanks God I found it with English Subtitles) and I was very impressed . So young but amazing good. 

He had to break through the murderous competition in the audition . It was 2000 vs. 1 !!!:heart:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hiluna said:

I was undecided about taking the long trip to Hong Kong for his concert because I watched some of the Youtube clips and I didn't like his hairstyle and the baggy clothes. His long hair and bangs covered his handsome face somewhat and some of his outfits covered his dance moves.  However, I am a very long time fan of his and I have always wanted to see him in person so I will try to get tickets today and keep my fingers crossed that I can get a cheap flight from Toronto. :unsure: Good luck to my fellow soompiers who are going to try and get tickets.  Hopefully I will see some of you there in Hong Kong. :D

Good luck getting tickets @hilunavdEXTh5.gifReport back!

I saw that JG/Represent sold over 4000 items before it closed!  Woot woot!  4038 to be exact! 

qvBAUhH.png

• Like 2

@pixelsticks I GOT TICKETS !!! It was nerve wracking. I was ready to buy as soon as it opened up but I couldn't select best tickets as they were all selected by other people already, so I had to settle for second best, but still pretty good.  Anyway, now I have to see if I can get a flight.:crazy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

@pixelsticks I GOT TICKETS !!! It was nerve wracking. I was ready to buy as soon as it opened up but I couldn't select best tickets as they were all selected by other people already, so I had to settle for second best, but still pretty good.  Anyway, now I have to see if I can get a flight.:crazy:

wow2 onion head Yay Yay and SQUEE!!  @hiluna is going to see our actor JG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gah. I want a full report! Details. Etc!  And I hope you can secure flights and will have a BLAST in HK. 

Give a big woot woot when he does JStyle! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Oh my gosh, look at his gorgeous smile and that fluffy fluffy hair!! admire2 onion head His hair has gotten so long - perfect for a saeguk or a fantasy drama, I'd say....wow1 onion head

A fangirl can WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

I miss his black hair !!! :bawling:

You know it will be back soon!  Probably before the end of 2019. 

• Like 1