Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Thank you for the warm welcome, bluelilac1214!! I know I still have a lot to learn about how things work in a thread, and I trust that you and everyone else will take me under your wing and show me the ropes.

As for my JG story, it all started one day wayyyyy back middle of last year. I was looking for something else to watch on TV or online, when I discovered DramaFever on Roku. I thought, oh! Asian TV sounds fascinating. And I wasn't disappointed! Can you, by ANY chance, guess which was the first Korean drama to capture my attention? Let me just say that I've got my own pretty coffin, just like you guys have, after being slain by none other than our favorite Prince Wang So! And I do agree that LJG made that all happen because of his many acting talents. Another actor would simply not have done that role justice.

I also happen to have one more item to add to the Beauty Parade list that I don't believe anyone has thought about yet, and that is JG's absolutely gorgeous eyebrows! On that note I'll say good night until next time. Bye!

:love::wub::wub::sleeping:

• Like 5

Lee Joon Gi Talks About His Past Works And Wanting To Act With Ha Ji Won

Jul 16, 2018
by esspee

Lee Joon Gi spoke about his career on MBC’s “Section TV.”

On the July 16 broadcast, the actor looked back at his past works and co-stars. Speaking about his most recent drama “Lawless Lawyer,” the actor said, “The viewership ratings were high and many people gave me support and love. I feel like I received a generous amount of love, so I’m happy and feel thankful.”

Lee Joon Gi then talked about how his best friend on set was actor Choi Min Soo, who appeared as a villain in the drama.

He explained, “At first, I was really scared of Choi Min Soo. Before filming began, I even had nightmares about him. Every night, he appeared in my dreams and yelled, ‘Why are you acting like that?’ I was so nervous. But from the first time I met him, he was really cool and fun. He said, ‘What’s up Joon Gi?’ and hugged me. I was so thankful and I learned a lot.”

Lee Joon Gi made his debut as a model in an advertisement with Kim Hee Sun and Kang Dong Won. He described the actress as “a goddess” and said he went to look at the billboard with the advertisement every weekend.

He then watched his past audition clips and appearances in Clazziquai’s “Sweety” MV and sitcom “Nonstop 4.” Instead of being embarrassed about his past clips, he stated, “When you’re a rookie, you work hard at everything.” He also revealed that he watched the film “The King and the Clown” over 20 times in theaters.

After the interviewer mentioned that Lee Joon Gi worked with many actresses, he asked the actor who he’d like to work with next.

Lee Joon Gi answered, “I’ve thought for a long time that I’d like to work with Ha Ji Won. If the opportunity arises, I think I’ll be able to learn a lot.”

When asked what kind of senior he is to his juniors, Lee Joon Gi replied, “I’m an easy senior. I’m easy. I feel like it’s time for me to act as the bridge between seniors and juniors. I’ll create harmony between the old and new.”

Lee-Joon-Gi2.jpg

He also sang Kim Kwang Seok’s “Becoming Dust” (literal title) before sending a message of praise to himself.

“Joon Gi,” he began. “You did well up until now and I look forward to you continuing to become a great actor. I praise you.”

Check out the first episode of “Lawless Lawyer” if you haven’t already! Viki is also offering a 40 percent off sale for early access and ad-free HD viewing of “Lawless Lawyer.” You can learn more here.

Source:https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/16/lee-joon-gi-talks-past-works-wanting-work-ha-ji-won/

• Like 5

On 7/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, violina said:

and he has a strong fanboy:lol:.I understand its from the Elle Men Hong Kong photoshoot

Lawless Lawyer wrap-up interviews:

Aw! i love to see JG loved and praised by everyone. Thank you so much for these and every article/review posted! I'm so proud of being a JG fan. He's an amazing actor and he's so multy talented !!!

On 7/8/2018 at 2:44 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

Since I miss my love Mr Bong so much...

Me too! thank you for the awesome video links

....and since I miss my love Wang So...

Again... me too... i need a Wang So fix pretty sonn

....and most of all, since I miss JG...

love you crazy rabbit

Ezacly, precisely!

On 7/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, violina said:

Here is some JG for your eyes.No JG drought yet.2018 is a year that keeps on giving:wub:.There are japanese, chinese and korean subs if you go on their youtube channel.I just posted the English one.

Thank you again! it seems to be JG year and i'm the happiest of fans because of it

On 7/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, bluelilac1214 said:

Hi, @willenette more info about the English subs on the LL Blu-ray

I can't comment about it. I'm so sad and heart broken

And here's Oppa, happily practicing JJ! Look at his smile!! :wub: He's glowing - there's no other way to describe him! love you crazy rabbit Oh, and Elusive Torso Alert btw... ;)

I will forever be thankful to jiu-jitsu. my new favorite sport!

As it was the 3rd anniversary of SWWTN on 8th July (and bad Blue didn't know... :ph34r:), here's the most beautiful vampire ever!

Ohhhh my favorite vampire. how could i miss the anniversary! to this day KSY is the most sexy JG character ever! I miss him too

On 7/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, violina said:

Who loves drama Instrumental OST:)?Especially the ones in JG dramas.His dramas usually have good imstrumental osts.I remember loving the instrumental ost from TBDW, Arang, Scholar and Scarlet Heart Ryeo.Kind souls have started uploading the instrumental OST for Lawless Lawyer on youtube.Here are some of my favourites:

WOW thank you so much. LL must have one of the most beautiful and emotive instrumental OST ever. a favorite for sure. I need the mp3 in my playlist so badly. i must admit that i cried tons while listening to them songs. I'm still crying... 

I miss LL and Bong Sang Pil so much!!!!

On 7/12/2018 at 2:51 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

hell yes onion head I have no words to describe how happy it makes me when JG's talent is recognized and praised by others. Seeing these words from Kim PD, who has known him for 11 years, is a testament to how much he has achieved and how he has become an even better actor - how he has become a great actor! And the PD is absolutely correct, Oppa is a World Star. He deserves all this praise and even more and I'm so, so proud to be his fan!

everything you said!

YESS! I put so much effort into actively ignore Subway whenever they forced it into the scenes! <_< @antoniaclamens's worst fear regarding the PPL did come true....

Yes... i don't think i will ever be able to eat subway... it spoiled what otherwise it would be a perfect drama. i will try to see only the bright side.. if there were so much subway it must have been because the drama was a success

And a very important update about his... crocs... teehee crazy rabbit I LOVE THIS!

[update]: lee jun croc spotted in flashy, unseen pair.

OMG so funny

One more picture from the wrap up party:

There he goes again, attacking our poor hearts by being with a kid! admire2 onion head

Yes, there he goes again, being more cute than kids

17 hours ago, phoenixheart said:

Thank you for the warm welcome, bluelilac1214!! I know I still have a lot to learn about how things work in a thread, and I trust that you and everyone else will take me under your wing and show me the ropes.

As for my JG story, it all started one day wayyyyy back middle of last year. I was looking for something else to watch on TV or online, when I discovered DramaFever on Roku. I thought, oh! Asian TV sounds fascinating. And I wasn't disappointed! Can you, by ANY chance, guess which was the first Korean drama to capture my attention? Let me just say that I've got my own pretty coffin, just like you guys have, after being slain by none other than our favorite Prince Wang So! And I do agree that LJG made that all happen because of his many acting talents. Another actor would simply not have done that role justice.

I also happen to have one more item to add to the Beauty Parade list that I don't believe anyone has thought about yet, and that is JG's absolutely gorgeous eyebrows! On that note I'll say good night until next time. Bye!

:love::wub::wub::sleeping:

Welcome welcome to the thread! so happy to see you here and read how you get sucked into JG charms... you were so lucky. meeting him as Wang So! how not to fall for him? (i'm still puzzled at people who didn't fall. lol)

16 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :wub::flushed::wub:

She used emojis

and letters

did i see right? lol

the power of the not so elusive!!!

6 hours ago, violina said:

Thank you again and again for the info!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :wub::flushed::wub::ph34r:

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing this sexy pictures.  I guess he also read some comments from netizens about his weight, that's why he shared this selfie. He wanted to show his fans how fit his body is.  And he looks healthy. His features are sharp here. :P

• Like 4

Korean actors who enjoyed a renaissance after the army

These male stars returned to their former glory – or even surpassed it – after their enlistments

By Tammi Tan
Posted: 17 Jul 2018 09:08Updated: 17 Jul 2018 09:11

1-opening.jpg

For fans of Korean stars, hearing of their beloved oppa being called to report for his mandatory military service is not exactly the best news out there. Two years of no new projects and barely any updates? Say it isn’t so.

If you’re currently one of those faithful devotees anxiously counting down the days until your favourite Hallyu heartthrob is finally discharged, anxious not just for his safety and wellbeing in the army, but also for the state of his career once he’s out, fear not: as the following actors prove, there is hope not just for a successful return, but a new and better beginning.

Read on for more!

Lee Joon Gi

lee-joon-gi-1.jpg

Before enlistment: Playing an effeminate acrobat who unintentionally seduces the leader of Joseon-era Korea isn’t exactly the most conventional leap to stardom, but that’s precisely what happened to Joon Gi with his first major role in 2005’s The King and the Clown. The movie made him a leader of the “flower boy” trend, an image that followed him for years until popular action dramas like Time Between Dog and Wolf and Iljimae allowed him to break away.

Photo: Cineworld Eagle Pictures, SBS

lee-joon-gi-2.jpg

After enlistment: When Joon Gi ended his military service in 2012, it was clear that the “flower boy” image was long gone. In fact, he has only taken on action-packed roles ever since. While his post-army projects like Arang and the Magistrate and Gunman in Joseonwere well-received, it was Scarlet Heart: Ryeothat really made him the (4th) prince of many a Wang So-loving heart throughout Asia.

Oh, and it was after the army that he scored his first role in a Hollywood film, Resident Evil. Although it wasn’t exactly the meatiest of parts, everyone’s got to start somewhere, right?

Photo: ONE, 2016 Universal Studios, Barami bunda. Inc., and YG Entertainment Inc, MBC

Source: https://entertainment.toggle.sg/entertainment/hallyubuzz/photos/korean-actors-who-enjoyed-a-renaissance-after-the-army-10534810

• Like 4

July 18, 2018

Lee Joon-gi talks about his role in ‘Lawless Lawyer’

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20180718

Spoiler

Actor Lee Joon-gi discussed life after shooting the tvN drama “Lawless Lawyer” in a recent interview.

In the drama, which wrapped up on July 1, Lee played the role of a cunning lawyer, Bo Sang-pil, who found legal loopholes in hopes of avenging his mother’s death.

“Bo Sang-pil fought well, was intelligent, and on top of that, was a clever, scheming character,” Lee told Cosmopolitan magazine. “I don’t think I will come across another character like him. It wasn’t just a personal thing; I feel even more attached to my character because of my co-stars Choi Min-soo and Lee Hye-yeong.”

Lee also revealed how he has spent most of his time exercising after the drama. “Until now, Taekwondo and Muay Thai were my main sports, and it was my first time doing Jujutsu. It’s really a charming sport. I feel like it benefits both my mind and body.”

As for his fans, Lee said he enjoys interacting with them. “I feel like I get younger when I do fan meetings. There are people who like my serious side and those who like my bright, childish persona.
Thanks to them, I get to have a fun-filled life,” he said.

By Serena Soh, Intern reporter (sjsoh@heraldcorp.com)

Spoiler

• Like 6

K-Drama Review: “Lawless Lawyer” Grips Attention With Stellar Cast Portrayal & Direction Bound Storyline

rltvU4fYs9qH636609335956437971.jpg?resiz

From the expected solid launch, Lawless Lawyer is every bit as resonant of its polished and thrilling narration down to the last minute.

Consistent to “law-thugs-and-disharmony” mood, Lawless Lawyer keenly navigates to a steady direction where the heroes ultimately reach an edifying redemption.

One unambiguous conflict plus precise hero-villain showdown make Lawless Lawyer a thrilling crime drama that does not suffer with pointless plot insertion and indecisive characters. The airtight narration consistently conforms to the shifting of the plot bends.

Considering the gritty and dark crime setting which it navigates, tvN’s latest offering certainly pitches a drama worth watching.

Lawless_Lawyer-1.jpg?w=663&ssl=1

Title: Lawless Lawyer
Distributor: tvN
Theme: Legal, Action
Length: 16 Episodes
Broadcast Date: 12 May 2018 – 01 July 2018
Main Leads: Lee Jun Ki, Seo Ye Ji, Lee Hye Young
Highlights:  Effective Antagonism, Trajectory Bound Narration
Oh No Moment: Good For First Serving
Overall Rating:  4.gif?resize=80%2C16&ssl=1
Re-watch Value:  3.gif?resize=80%2C16&ssl=1
Related Dramas: Punch, Remember: Son’s War, Witch’s Court

YGqiwIJhUyZU636616307067492716-1.jpg?res

Highlights

Trajectory Bound Narration

Lawless Lawyer superbly reels viewers with its clear presentation of its orbit and complications. It whirls on the standard good-versus-evil note as it maneuvers on the justice-seeking-driven sojourn of a man, intent to claim reparation over his mother’s unfortunate death.

The hinted focal conflict excites, while the unveiling of character flaws and motivations is stimulating. The lead couple is picture-perfect with their fired-up performances that fleetingly flirts with a bit of romantic notes, but ultimately highlighting their individual strengths. The showdown to the shrewd villains propels constant anticipation on what movements and counter-attacks the opposing characters might have prepared for each other.

Lawless Lawyer has set a proper story goal when it kicked off. From there, it neatly unraveled the back stories needed to resolve the main conflict, with stellar icy verbal spats of the disputing characters.

Neat Character Sketching

The gripping journey of the heroes to serve unfortunate fates to the villains of the story steadily moves in equilibrium. The outwitting game with shady manipulations is presented to cohere with the characters’ end games.

The formidable opponents have made the viewers root for satiating conclusion, given the painstaking journey of the protagonists.

Staying true to their evil core without redemption, the villains dauntlessly picture a life lesson on how disheartening people can still be remorseless in the face of their atrocities.

For the loyal Lee Jun Ki fans, it will be a precious small screen gift. As always, he delivers by making his role a mixture of defiant and savvy hero. As an actress who can easily handle serious roles, Seo Ye Ji slips in to her daring attitude with confidence. Her natural humor blends well to Lee’s equally delightful comic moments. Ergo validating the range of her acting skills which continuously grows on from the projects she has accomplished.

54rZXuM0QfFf636630108998053438.jpg?resiz

Spoiler

Drawback

Good On First Serving

While everything is excellent for Lawless Lawyer, it joins the type of drama that you won’t be watching as a yearly tradition or when you have bad days.

The easy to digest and accurate confrontation to the discords raised in the narrative give viewers that satisfying closure and easy recall of the events. It is an experience that would not warrant a future craving to watch Bong Sang Pil’s tale again for the sane reason that you would easily memorize what happened in the drama.

BCYKX5kWoKOm636609336283171358.jpg?resiz

Recommendation

Lawless Lawyer heads to a sane and simple trajectory. The approach to bank on the powerhouse cast in terms of trusted acting prowess pays off to reach a fulfilling culmination.

The attention to whirl within the borders of its courtroom premise is made more clear-cut owing to the well-utilized cast and facile story thread of crime and its deserving punishment.

If you like hero-centric stories with the right mixture of drama and action, Lawless Lawyer Lee Jun Ki will be happy to serve you.

source : Hellokpop

• Like 6

First of all, crazy monkey 064 crazy monkey 065 I give up! I don't know how many more times I can revive after being attacked so mercilessly by JG! He posted so many pretty, sweet and innocent pics continuously, and then BAM! There he attacks again!! A striptease to be exact! crazy monkey 121 

I should've been used to this by now, but I get flustered EVERY SINGLE TIME! And let me tell you, blushing at work is NOT a good idea! Nope.

But I must say, I'm very thankful that it's JG Heatwave we are experiencing and not the dreaded JG Drought!

On 7/16/2018 at 2:04 PM, glassnokamen said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

And @glassnokamen used letters!!!! Must be the effect of the JG Heatwave ;) and here's the translation:

Spoiler

And look at that perfect profile and those moles and cute ear and the Pretty Forehead! love you crazy rabbit And let's not forget the Elusive Torso - he was topless!!!! crazy monkey 121

On 7/16/2018 at 1:04 PM, phoenixheart said:

One of the best ways to fall for JG! Because Wang So is LOVE!!! :wub: And I really hope that your pretty coffin is comfortable as well....

On 7/16/2018 at 1:04 PM, phoenixheart said:

I also happen to have one more item to add to the Beauty Parade list that I don't believe anyone has thought about yet, and that is JG's absolutely gorgeous eyebrows! 

You are absolutely correct! A brand new parade! crazy monkey 148  But for those gorgeous eyebrows to be seen clearly, the Pretty Forehead should also be shown.... just saying.... :D

On 7/17/2018 at 7:08 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Yes... i don't think i will ever be able to eat subway... it spoiled what otherwise it would be a perfect drama. i will try to see only the bright side.. if there were so much subway it must have been because the drama was a success

I love the way you think! I will look at the bright side only. And LL is definitely a success! hell yes onion head

you were so lucky. meeting him as Wang So! how not to fall for him? (i'm still puzzled at people who didn't fall. lol)

Their loss... 

She used emojis

and letters

did i see right? lol

the power of the not so elusive!!!

She did and I'm still shook!

@willenette thank you for the articles and those extremely GORGEOUS and HOTTTT Cosmopolitan pics! The way he SMOLDERS!!! crazy monkey 121 Those pics should be illegal! How dare he look this good?? Who allowed him???

9 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! 

The full bts:

https://www.vlive.tv/video/80750

Translation of the Cosmopolitan article: Part 1:

Part 2:

Spoiler

I felt so sad when I read these parts:

I wonder if I should tone down my enthusiastic desire to show a lot of things in terms of acting, but instead try a new genre where I take things easy. If I show a little more cheerful and comfortable performance, it will probably make it easier for me to draw the public in.  

Because, even though I do one project each year, it does not necessarily produce successful results.

I think more about ‘What should we do to make better results?’ than about ‘We worked hard, so we will get good results no matter what.’ It’s the sense of responsibility and obligation you feel as a lead actor.

Source:https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/post/176009771398/lee-joon-gis-interview-with-cosmopolitan-for-the

I find it sad that he has to reconsider trying different/ new things in acting as there is a fear of low ratings. Even a good project cannot guarantee good ratings. It saddened me even more when he said that talent and working hard does not ensure good "results". When will they recognize and appreciate his talents (and good projects). If they did, he wouldn't have to say such things, right? I understand that what he said is the reality, but it still saddens and frustrates me. Maybe I'm still too naive. And I can't even imagine how stressful it must have been for him during LL as there was so much expectation and hype - even I was a nervous wreck until I saw the ratings the next morning! Poor baby... Let's hope that his future projects will be good ones which will allow him to shine and satisfy his hunger for acting while giving good "results". 

The Section TV interview with the English subs: Part 1

Spoiler

And some more translated videos in this IG account:

Gah! Look at baby JG! Look at those cute ears and fluffy, fluffy hair and the way he was balancing! ADORABLE! admire2 onion head

Sorry about the XL sized post and the rambling - it's all JG's fault! The JG Heatwave is a bit too strong... crazy monkey 095

My smile of the day:

I love this. I absolutely adore him! And his smile is everything!! love you crazy rabbit

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 5

As 18th July is the 11th Anniversary of TBDAW, here are some related contents!

BTS with English subs

Fetus JG is love!! admire2 onion head

Gorgeous Lee Soo Hyun :wub:

CxxcybQ.gif

Spoiler

5mirsMz.gif

bTsNfs7.gif

bUNtObK.gif

That smile!!! :wub:

Gum blowing/ Pouting! Kay :kiss::

Spoiler

oVwUg0x.jpg

58wIAXN.gif

Um... *Blue adjusts her halo* Kissing Lee Soo Hyun :w00t::

Spoiler

5QvPtp7.gif

Oh my heart... so beautiful!:wub:

Spoiler

Re2CP42.gif

Smirking badass Kay B)

2QIoRUb.gif

*Image/ gif credit to original uploaders.

And I'll sing off tonight with these:

Spoiler

love you crazy rabbit

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Translation of the Cosmopolitan article: Part 1:

I felt so sad when I read these parts:

I find it sad that he has to reconsider trying different/ new things in acting as there is a fear of low ratings. Even a good project cannot guarantee good ratings. It saddened me even more when he said that talent and working hard does not ensure good "results". When will they recognize and appreciate his talents (and good projects). If they did, he wouldn't have to say such things, right? I understand that what he said is the reality, but it still saddens and frustrates me. Maybe I'm still too naive. And I can't even imagine how stressful it must have been for him during LL as there was so much expectation and hype - even I was a nervous wreck until I saw the ratings the next morning! Poor baby... Let's hope that his future projects will be good ones which will allow him to shine and satisfy his hunger for acting while giving good "results". 

Me too.These parts in the first translation:dissapointed_relieved: :

Q. In every interview you did, you said you were thinking a lot about how to establish your relationship with the public.

JG – I constantly think long and hard about it for each project I do. I guess, I should choose my project in a different way than I have done so far in order to communicate with the public, right? Because I have done a lot of esoteric works thus far. “Lawless Lawyer” earned good ratings because it had great entertainment value. But when I read comments on news articles, I got responses like, “I haven’t seen Lee Joon-gi in ages, is he back?” Seeing responses like that, I thought, ‘I really haven’t made a strong connection with the public.’ Despite the fact that I work each year, without a break, the public still does not know that very well. I wonder if I should tone down my enthusiastic desire to show a lot of things in terms of acting, but instead try a new genre where I take things easy. If I show a little more cheerful and comfortable performance, it will probably make it easier for me to draw the public in.  

Q. I have not seen you in movies in a long time.

JG – That’s right. I want to show a natural, everyday performance or a relaxed performance in movies. But the genres in which I get offers are very limited. I’ve been told that film industry insiders think, ‘Will Lee Joon-gi take on such a comfortable performance?’ So I keep thinking hard about it.

Q. You often get singled out as a ‘hard-working’ actor doing at least one project each year.

JG – Some people ask me why I don’t do more than one project. Because, even though I do one project each year, it does not necessarily produce successful results. Each time my drama has aired, I always check the ratings and comments next day. And I monitor [those results] with and consult the production staff. I think more about ‘What should we do to make better results?’ than about ‘We worked hard, so we will get good results no matter what.’ It’s the sense of responsibility and obligation you feel as a lead actor.

Also here in part two:dissapointed_relieved::

Q. You are quite a prolific actor, so I think you’ve already decided on your next project, although you’ve just finished your drama.

JG:I am taking a good, hard look at the scripts (synopses) I’ve been offered. I cannot look at any of these while I am in the middle of my [current] project. I cannot concentrate, anyway. So, after I finished the project [Lawless Lawyer], I started looking at these, one by one. Some fans want me to ‘work like a cow’ (*work hard and incessantly), but what good would it do? [No matter how hard I work] It should have good results.

But I love what he said here:

Q. At the rate you’re going, you will probably become really like a cow.

JG:Hahaha. Probably. Ah, but I think I should become clever like a fox instead of a cow...!

Source: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com

Quoting what one JG fan posted on his/her instagram yesterday with his photo on section tv(its amazing coz this interview hadnt come out yet):

@actor_jg oppa life is like running a race.If you want to win a race. Dont look back and see who is behind you. Dont look to the sides and see who is competing with you.Dont be discouraged by the one who is ahead of you.Dont be distracted by the noise(good or bad) of the crowd in the stands.Just stay in your lane and look straight ahead.If it gets too tiring, its ok to slow down but never give up.I wish that your life as the person Lee Joon Gi, as the man Lee Joon Gi, and as the great actor Lee Joon Gi will forever be fulfilling and meaningful.Congrats to what you have achieved so far.Congrats to the more success coming your way in the future.

With this kind of filmography, he should hold his head high:).

tumblr_pc2uwwEuLn1w2cbngo1_540.jpg

I actually think the fact that he carved his own niche not rely on his look, charm to star in only female-only oriented drama, is the reason why he has lasted this long in the industry and remain successful.If more QUALITY "cheerful and comfortable" projects(I believe "slice of life" and rom coms can help with this)  come his way, where he can show "a natural, everyday performance or a relaxed performance".Then by all means grab them.But the emphasis here is on the QUALITY.If its the kind where the drama has no plot(even a bare minimum) and it has to rely on him saying cringey cheesy lines, or kissing his co-star over and over again(i like smooching scenes but not overdone where it no longer gives feels), or just relying on cliche upon cliche from ep 1-20, then NO stick to the "esoteric works".This is why there are very few rom coms that are doing well and more legal dramas in kdramaland.

On the other hand, "slice of life" also need not only good chemistry with fellow cast and acting, but also a very good writer to work.This was the common denominator of the success of  "Misaeng", "Live", "My Ahjussi" and other slice of life that produced "good results".People will connect to slice of life dramas they can relate to, or make them think and tug at their hearts.Otherwise, a non immersive plot will make the whole drama flop.His excellence in sageuk and action, would help him well for movie comeback. Pure Melo, romance and comedy rarely make big box office hit in Korea.But he can be one to break that record.He did it before with King and the Clown.Before that movie, Sageuk movies were just doing ok not selling millions of tickets. Now, we can see sageuks do well in cinema.

This one is a full clip and eng subs.WARNING: cuteness overload!!!!:wub:Do more talk shows Joon Gi. He is a natural. Thats another way you can engage more with the non-fan public(click on the paper icon in the tweet to watch).

extremely GORGEOUS and HOTTTT Cosmopolitan pics! The way he SMOLDERS!!! crazy monkey 121 Those pics should be illegal! How dare he look this good?? Who allowed him???

SMOULDER(is it???) CHECK

tumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo4_400.giftumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo5_400.gif

Make a crew member into a fanboy.JG got you loud and clear.(That guy on the left is mesmerized:D).He(JG) knows he looks pretty. Look at his wink smile.I can totally hear PD Kim of LL screaming Yah!!! stop fooling around(being so cute in the BTS that the PD cant focus on filming.He did this to Seo Ye Ji:D).The man is glowing from inside out.This year is really his year.Be happy our JG!!!

tumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo1_400.gif

• Like 5

16 hours ago, willenette said:

July 18, 2018

Lee Joon-gi talks about his role in ‘Lawless Lawyer’

The arms! the profile! my heart!!!

thank you so much for sharing

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :wub::flushed:

:scream:

of course that video justifies both... and more.

First of all, crazy monkey 064 crazy monkey 065 I give up! I don't know how many more times I can revive after being attacked so mercilessly by JG! He posted so many pretty, sweet and innocent pics continuously, and then BAM! There he attacks again!! A striptease to be exact! crazy monkey 121 

haha.... i feel exactly the same!

You are absolutely correct! A brand new parade! crazy monkey 148  But for those gorgeous eyebrows to be seen clearly, the Pretty Forehead should also be shown.... just saying.... :D

new parade alert! i like it... bring it on, forrehead included

She did and I'm still shook!

same here

and i'm dead again

thank you so so much

Sorry about the XL sized post and the rambling - it's all JG's fault! The JG Heatwave is a bit too strong... crazy monkey 095

why sorry? i'm sure we all love your XL sized posts

BTS with English subs

I've never watched this (or almost any TBDW BTS) so many many thanks. I must watch asap

Gorgeous Lee So Hyun :wub:

Gum blowing/ Pouting! Kay :kiss::

Um... *Blue adjusts her halo* Kissing Lee So Hyun :w00t::

Oh my heart... so beautiful!:wub:

Smirking badass Kay B)

And I'll sing off tonight with these:

love you crazy rabbit

loving this TBDW parade! and it was long since you sing off!

34 minutes ago, violina said:

Quoting what one JG fan posted on his/her instagram yesterday with his photo on section tv(its amazing coz this interview hadnt come out yet):

With this kind of filmography, he should hold his head high:).

I so agree!

I actually think the fact that he carved his own niche not rely on his look, charm to star in only female-only oriented drama, is the reason why he has lasted this long in the industry and remain successful.If more QUALITY "cheerful and comfortable" projects(I believe "slice of life" and rom coms can help with this)  come his way, where he can show "a natural, everyday performance or a relaxed performance".Then by all means grab them.But the emphasis here is on the QUALITY.If its the kind where the drama has no plot(even a bare minimum) and it has to rely on him saying cringey cheesy lines, or kissing his co-star over and over again(i like smooching scenes but not overdone where it no longer gives feels), or just relying on cliche upon cliche from ep 1-20, then NO stick to the "esoteric works".This is why there are very few rom coms that are doing well and more legal dramas in kdramaland.

On the other hand, "slice of life" also need not only good chemistry with fellow cast and acting, but also a very good writer to work.This was the common denominator of the success of  "Misaeng", "Live", "My Ahjussi" and other slice of life that produced "good results".People will connect to slice of life dramas they can relate to, or make them think and tug at their hearts.Otherwise, a non immersive plot will make the whole drama flop.His excellence in sageuk and action, would help him well for movie comeback. Pure Melo, romance and comedy rarely make big box office hit in Korea.But he can be one to break that record.He did it before with King and the Clown.Before that movie, Sageuk movies were just doing ok not selling millions of tickets. Now, we can see sageuks do well in cinema.

Quality is the key word. Of course i would love to see him in the highest ratings drama but i would rather have no ratings and good quality. So far i never felt ashamed of his works. I'm a proud fan, because all his characters are awesome... ratings are a plus. A plus he totally deserves

BTW i'm really thankful he did LL, not only it was a great drama but BSP is one of the awesomest characters ever!

SMOULDER(is it???) CHECK

Make a crew member into a fanboy.JG got you loud and clear.(That guy on the left is mesmerized:D).He(JG) knows he looks pretty. Look at his wink smile.I can totally hear PD Kim of LL screaming Yah!!! stop fooling around(being so cute in the BTS that the PD cant focus on filming.He did this to Seo Ye Ji:D).The man is glowing from inside out.This year is really his year.Be happy our JG!!!

The gifs! i'm dead again and again

and of course he knows he's pretty. what are mirrors for?

• Like 5

Hi @bluelilac1214, @violina thank you for sharing his recent interview in cosmo magazine

JG – I constantly think long and hard about it for each project I do. I guess, I should choose my project in a different way than I have done so far in order to communicate with the public, right? Because I have done a lot of esoteric works thus far. “Lawless Lawyer” earned good ratings because it had great entertainment value. But when I read comments on news articles, I got responses like, “I haven’t seen Lee Joon-gi in ages, is he back?” Seeing responses like that, I thought, ‘I really haven’t made a strong connection with the public.’ Despite the fact that I work each year, without a break, the public still does not know that very well. I wonder if I should tone down my enthusiastic desire to show a lot of things in terms of acting, but instead try a new genre where I take things easy. If I show a little more cheerful and comfortable performance, it will probably make it easier for me to draw the public in.  

Sorry to cut this, because it remind me to myself lol. I remembered saying this after watching Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo : " I haven't seen Lee Joon Gi ever in my (more than a decade of) Kdrama life, where has he been?"  Well, I didn't blame him for this, but i blamed my cable tv instead *sigh. Despite the fact that he works every year, I didn't know him *doublesigh. After i watched his previous works, I find him incredibly amazing as an actor. I remember watching his previous saeguk works continuously, I've never get bored of him, the face may be the same but everything was so different the way he portrayed each characters, the gesture,  body language, pronounciation, diction, all are different  eventhough all in saeguk style, which is i know it's sooo different compared in modern style, but yet he successfully managed to make all of them are different, that's how amazing he is as an actor to me. Back to my cable tv, well, it only shows family daily drama or a romcom, i guess that's what majority audiences looking for a cheerful and comfortable performance in a drama. Not sure if he's thinking to take this kind of work, because i don't know what kind of scripts he's being offered, but I laugh a lot reading that he prefers to be a fox rather than a cow. (Once i wonder why he only do one work a year, because i know many chinesse actors do 2-3 projects a year, but i guess he immerseed a lot in his character, even he always needs a period of time to say goodbye to the characters he portrayed, and i dare to compare him with these c-actors, silly me, even the quality is soo different lol). Yes, choose the next project smartly, agree with that. 

hi @antoniaclamens sorry to cut this 

BTW i'm really thankful he did LL, not only it was a great drama but BSP is one of the awesomest characters ever!

Agree, agree and agree. Bong Sang Phil is awesome. Honestly I want to watch him in action again. He's so good. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

BTS with English subs

Reveal hidden contents

5mirsMz.gif

bTsNfs7.gif

bUNtObK.gif

That smile!!! :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

oVwUg0x.jpg

58wIAXN.gif

Reveal hidden contents

5QvPtp7.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Re2CP42.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Hi bluelilac, thanks for sharing this BTS clip. It's always fun watching a video where you could understand what you're watching at. :lol: NICE. I always love watching BTS & the Making because it's always candid. :lol:

***  One of the reasons why I adore him is because he is very sincere to his fans... I’ve been a huge fan of his since a long time ago. I know he'll rest in the meantime after just wrapping-up his last drama. But, I hope he'll be back soon.  He’s so freaking talented. :lol:

Lee Joon Gi Opens Up About Jiu-Jitsu, Love For His Fans, And More

Lee-Joon-Gi-0.jpg

Lee Joon Gi recently participated in a photo shoot and interview with Cosmopolitan, and opened up about a variety of topics.

See Also: Lee Joon Gi Talks About His Past Works And Wanting To Act With Ha Ji Won

This was Lee Joon Gi’s first photo shoot following the conclusion of his most-recent drama “Lawless Lawyer.” He showed affection for his character Bong Sang Pil, who put his life on the line to fight against the evils of society, and said, “Bong Sang Pil is a great fighter, but he’s also very smart and empathetic. I think it’ll be hard to meet another character like him again. I feel more attached to the character because I worked on him with both Choi Min Soo and Lee Hye Young.”

Lee-Joon-Gi3.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpg

Lee Joon Gi also shared that since the drama’s end, he has been resting at home and only leaving his house to exercise. Sharing that he’s addicted to Jiu-Jitsu, he said, “I’ve also learned Taekwondo and Muay Thai, and Jiu-Jitsu is the latest martial arts I’m learning, and it’s so charming. I feel like it helps train both my body and mind.”

The actor also revealed that he enjoys fan meetings because they give him the ability to connect with his fans. He said, “At fan meetings, I can feel myself getting younger. There are some who like the more serious side of me, and there are others who like me when I’m brighter and happier. Thanks to them, I’m living a happy and fun life.”

Lee-Joon-Gi-11.jpg

Lee Joon Gi’s full photo spread and interview are available in the August issue of Cosmopolitan.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

tv baby 17 I know I know... WHO IS this errant JG Soompi fan?  

I know @bluelilac1214 has wanted to do calm down crazy rabbitto me...for being a Post-Poor Pixel. 

I think @antoniaclamens has wanted me to do writer pink mouse in regards to the SOOMPI Director's List

I see @glassnokamen still posts the IGadmire2 onion head  goodies along with a few choice utterances <<<a step in the right direction>>>.

I'm still digesting all the content that @violina , @willenette and @girlyponytail have contributed the last few pages.  

Thank you all you beautiful JG Angels for keeping this thread up and running!   And hi onion head to some of the new names I see in here! 

It's summer...so...

p8VRyeE.jpg

Gotta LOVE JG photoshoots!  He is REALLY enjoying his body right now and that is very attractive!!  I wish his fans would also revel in his body confidence and not constantly harp on his apparent thinness. He's a lean dude. He's a strong dude. He's a beautiful dude. Just like he sang in his fan meet....LET IT BE!!!

Remember...this was his arm last year....  COkxhCW.jpg<<<he has such gorgeous hands and Jaw and....>>>

In the meantime, I've been focusing my energies on RL and <<<if I am honest...another K-fandom for a bit - go listen to SHINee - The Story of LIGHT>>> I've never lost my admire onion headfor JG,  but I really feel like I need to rewatch LawLaw at some time to get the full jist again. These last 2+ months seems like a whirlwind and my mind doesn't remember much at all.   I'm still in high work mode but I hope come late August/September....I can breathe again. 

OK... I am going to post the Soompi Director List/Chart for Lawless Lawyer... and I need your help!  Remember when I said my mind was a blur...well...it can remember SUBWAY and teacups and suits.  Please tell me what got accomplished (and better yet...if you remember which episodes).  

9pC8mVE.jpg

Yes...I stopped updating after Episode 4.  Yes I am a bad PIXEL!  No...I cannot fully work on it right now.  Maybe mid August???  Why does RL have to cut into my fun online K-life? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, violina said:

JG – I constantly think long and hard about it for each project I do. I guess, I should choose my project in a different way than I have done so far in order to communicate with the public, right? Because I have done a lot of esoteric works thus far. “Lawless Lawyer” earned good ratings because it had great entertainment value. But when I read comments on news articles, I got responses like, “I haven’t seen Lee Joon-gi in ages, is he back?” Seeing responses like that, I thought, ‘I really haven’t made a strong connection with the public.’ Despite the fact that I work each year, without a break, the public still does not know that very well.

There is simple answer for this question - JG was in Black list. These two words are not just two words, These two words hid 10 years of the strained and beautiful work from wide public.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

hi @antoniaclamens sorry to cut this 

Agree, agree and agree. Bong Sang Phil is awesome. Honestly I want to watch him in action again. He's so good. 

It seems he was really immersed in the character too. Seo Ye Ji said the same thing too in her magazine photoshoot interview with Elle today.They are having a hard time getting out of their characters.I also think the LL project as a whole has had a positive impact on everyone involved.I am very happy he was a part of it too:).

In JG's own words(cosmopolitan interview): 

Q. It’s been only 10 days since the drama “Lawless Lawyer” ended.

JG – I feel empty and hollow. Nowadays, except when I exercise, I stay home lying down all day. I just don’t feel like doing anything else. The amount of time it takes me to come out of character varies with each work, but I think it will take me some time to get out of ‘Bong Sang-pil’ I played this time. I think particularly more so because I brought a lot of enthusiasm in playing this character. We [the cast and crew] even joked about how we wished there would be season 2. I hope the vitality that ‘Bong Sang-pil’ has lasts longer. I want to live his life a bit longer. I also think this is the kind of character that is not easy to meet in the future.

13 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Quality is the key word. Of course i would love to see him in the highest ratings drama but i would rather have no ratings and good quality.

I believe one of the reasons why he monitors and worries about the outcomes of any projects he works on is this:

In JG's own words(cosmopolitan interview):

Q. You often get singled out as a ‘hard-working’ actor doing at least one project each year.

JG – Some people ask me why I don’t do more than one project. Because, even though I do one project each year, it does not necessarily produce successful results. Each time my drama has aired, I always check the ratings and comments next day. And I monitor [those results] with and consult the production staff. I think more about ‘What should we do to make better results?’ than about ‘We worked hard, so we will get good results no matter what.’ It’s the sense of responsibility and obligation you feel as a lead actor.

Q. Next year marks 15 years since your acting debut. Isn’t it time for you to insist on acting the way you want to?

JG – I just cannot do that; it’s my personality. Instead of taking the lead and leading people just because I am a lead actor, I’d rather play mediator between people when there is any disagreement.

Q. Are you a pacifist?

JG – Completely. It [me preferring peace] tends to frustrate people around me.

Even when the interviewer said this: 

Q. You are quite a prolific actor, so I think you’ve already decided on your next project, although you’ve just finished your drama.

JG: I am taking a good, hard look at the scripts (synopses) I’ve been offered. I cannot look at any of these while I am in the middle of my [current] project. I cannot concentrate, anyway. So, after I finished the project [Lawless Lawyer], I started looking at these, one by one. Some fans want me to ‘work like a cow’ (*work hard and incessantly), but what good would it do? [No matter how hard I work] It should have good results.

Here is the thing, for him, a flop drama has very little effect on his career except maybe a hit in morale.As you can see, although his agency dont mediaplay the amount or frequency of offers he gets and rejects(which is good).The interviewer points out to us, that JG is highly sought after(whether he gets a hit like Lawless Lawyer, or a drama that was panned like Criminal Minds).Dude has scripts ready for him, even before he finishes a drama he is working on.However, The ones who get the full brunt when a drama flops is not the lead actors, but the people behind the scenes.The staff, the crew and the production team. If the drama has low ratings while its airing.It can lower the motivation of people working on the set.Usually, the female co-stars also get hate from fans of the lead actor when this happens.So maybe thats why he feel guilty and burdened by these things(even though he shouldnt, these things cannot be controlled by one person).

8 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Gotta LOVE JG photoshoots!  He is REALLY enjoying his body right now and that is very attractive!!  I wish his fans would also revel in his body confidence and not constantly harp on his apparent thinness. He's a lean dude. He's a strong dude. He's a beautiful dude. Just like he sang in his fan meet....LET IT BE!!!

That is the truth.Say it louder for the people at the back.Welcome back @pixelsticks.I missed your crazy posts:D.So here is to positive body image:

tumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo3_400.giftumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo2_400.giftumblr_pc2gxkNAMM1vem8apo7_400.gif

• Like 5

Thank you everyone for extending to me your warm welcomes!

My dear bluelilac1214, I'm grinning from ear to ear! JG Heatwave indeed!!:blush::heart: I also believe that where JG is concerned, no sexy pic of him is illegal. He can look as gorgeous as he pleases. He's got my permission in perpetuity:wub: ...just saying:D So I made sure my pretty coffin IS comfortable, so I can safely swoon as I gaze at JG's sexy pics,

smoldering pics, and any other pics that cause me to say OH, MY BEATING HEART!!!!:w00t::wub::wub::wub:  Thank you for asking!:) Oh by the way, please make sure you don't sabotage yourself at work. We all want to keep reading your posts!

• Like 5