Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Continuing on with the ranking...

JG Solo Character Posters:

CM/Hyun Joon:  Like many others on here, I wish his Gun Hand was in focus (was this intentional due to Korean broadcast rules??) But then again…the rule is that whatever is in focus closest to you is what you first pay attention to while looking at a photo.  You don’t want to be noticing the gun…you want to notice the hotness that is Hyun Joon! Nice back/sidelight to emphasize strength (you’ll see lots of sport players are lit like this in photos).

MLSHR/Wang So: Great image of the character. Beautiful and horrific at the same time. Just a hint of evil or joy in that face. Makes you wonder what the character is up to. And if you are going to love him or hate him or love to hate him. Maybe a tiny bit too much matte and texture added to image to achieve skin textures.  I keep getting drawn into that eye!!  And then that mouth. Epic looking! (But I love me some warriors)

Scholar/Sung-Yeol:  Lots of beautiful imagery here…large moon, specks of light, birds flying, blue tones….but meh. He’s a scholar…I might have liked to see him glancing down at a book…showing that wonderful angular face, seeing his wonderful veiny hands caressing said book. Not those pretty fans. Maybe some blood drops on the pages.

JG/Hanjo/PYK: This PHOTOGRAPHER IS daebak!!  That is all I have to say! Great balance of backlight and tones. Gritty but warm. Amazing Depth of field/Focus.

Two Weeks/Tae San: Black/White/Red again. Very good representation of his character (except we don’t know the daddy parts) I like that it is not a montage of images in the background (of everything he had to deal with). I might have zoomed in on him a bit more…less trucks.

Arang/Eun-Oh:  JG freaking handsome in the Magistrate costume.  Moon over the tree is a bit weird. And it’s a bit misleading…cause you think he’s gonna be this intense Magistrate-wearing man the whole time.

Hero: For some reason, I dig this.  It’s all early photoshop heaven! Layers and drop shadows! And Nikon! I really need to watch this. JG’s character looks like a happy dork that wants to stand for something. What is his character’s name?  Asian Wiki doesn’t even list it.

Iljimae/Yong-Yi: Amazing use of photoshop!  Layers, blends, opacity changes, textures.  Beautiful use of red/pink tones throughout. Mysterious.  Handsome. Symbolic. (but doesn’t show any of the humor that the show has aka Yong-Yi)

TBDW/Soo Hyun/Kay:  OK…Now I think this is a boxing/martial arts movie.  Whomever was the art director didn’t have a clear art direction for the Posters. Don’t get me wrong…I love this image in and of itself.  I might have actually guessed it was for Fly Daddy Fly at first (and maybe that was the reference they were trying to grab) but I would never guess this character was an Agent/Double Agent from this poster.

My Girl/Jung Woo:  Ok this image was good when combined with the other characters….but it’s not that strong enough on its own. Who is this slightly stoic guy? I’d have picked a more spunky image of Jung Woo or even his crying ones.

Iljimae>MLSHR>JG (But these 3 can be interchangeable)

Criminal Minds>Hero>Two Weeks>Arang (These 4 are pretty interchangeable)

Scholar>TBDW>My Girl (Weak representation of character)

And then MOVIE Posters:

K&C: Strong imagery of each character. The smirk of Jang Sang, the intensity of the King, the beauty of Gong-Gil. I do find it interesting the hand on the King and the physical separation from Jang Sang. I might have switched the 2…so Gong-Gil would have been touching the King but turned towards his friend as well. Beautifully lit image. Might have given it a bit more room.

Fly Daddy Fly: Is this the official image? This looks more like a casual character/actor interaction. I love the image in itself, but Seung-Suk wasn’t really a smiley character so this throws me off.   I like these ones better. Image result for fly daddy fly 

Image result for fly daddy flyImage result for fly daddy fly

This one may be too smiley:

Spoiler

Related image

Virgin Snow:  How can you NOT love this one?  Doesn’t every girl want a guy to look at her like that? Image is powerful enough on its own. Kinda playful font.  Black silhouette is a bit harsh…should have toned down the opacity a bit.  A bit weird of a blend into hug image.  Poster would have been just fine without that bottom portion!

May 18:  Strong War images.  Yes @antoniaclamens the wings are sore stick out.  But I like the others shown by @astrantia And I want more LJG!

Never Said Goodbye:  Ok….again…these posters are SO SO deceiving to the storyline. They are great posters in themselves….but they LIE LIE LIE.  She’s not the sweet girly character depicted. The other guy isn’t desiring over her in the movie. This plays likes it’s a love triangle…which it was not.  Reminds me of this one… Related image

Which is just cruel and inhumane in many ways… ( THIS ^^^^^^^never happened, it leads you to believe that there is a happy ending between the 2, and the graphic presentation is all kinds of wonky.  Why display it vertical?)

This… 

Spoiler

Related image

Is much better…but still gives the illusion that the other man plays a bigger romantic role than he does. And that JG is a ghost.

This Related image

is more fitting to each character.... This ^^^^^^^should be the POSTER

This...

Spoiler

Image result for never said goodbye

just makes JG look like a ghost. And a cute idol.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cedarwood said:

The rumour says this movie started the whole thing with flower boys. And LJG in this movie is so beautiful he's impossible to describe. There are no words in any language in this world to describe how beautiful he was. crazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378

I couldn´t say it better!!!

Me too. Think of this way - he could not be here if he didn't take a chance given to him. I mean he could be only one role actor and then maybe do some commercials and now be totally forgotten. It amazes me that he not only managed to stay in the industry but also became leading star and he's not the pretty boy anymore. Of course he's beuaituful beyond words but not in the same way as in KatC. Nowadays no one could have doubts if he's a man or a girl. Nope - he's a grown up man. :D He also worked on himself. I don't know how to say it - I'm not talking only about his acting skills but him as a person. He said once that after KatC he felt like young god and he behaved badly. Ok he was v. young and successfull then but I'm glad that he realized he behaves badly and came to his senses. Now no one would say about him anything except him being nice person, good sunbaenim and the cheering up team member. It's good to like this kind of man. :)

I think he evolved for the better... that's why we love and respect him. He is someone who always makes us proud and happy

I have the same thing. Also I always think he can't look better... I just imagine him reading my posts and he's like: "Hmpf! Of course I can!" and then... bang! another photoshoot. 

Silly cedarwood... will never learn...

It's not that you are silly... is that it is impossible to look better than he does at a moment... but he always outshines himself the next moment

I'm just sick that's all. I rarely get any sickness and now... it's like my body decided to catch up all sickness I could get but I didn't from like 2009 - that was the last time I had sick note. 

Poor you!!! really hope you get over it soon.. and next spell if you ever had one won´t be that bad

10 hours ago, cedarwood said:

An armour would be better idea I think! :wink:

I'm not that bad!

6 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Smiling dose of LJG :D

I have a free weekend after such a long time, I am really looking forward to it. Enjoy your weekend, girls :wink: 

Love his smile in that picture! nice for you to have a free weekend. Hope you and every one enjoy it!

@violina about the trailers ranking, i was trying to be fair and think if they would make me want to watch the movie, even if they don´t have any LJG. And I think the only one i would watch for sure is KATC, i know i'm not just being biased. Because i watched a little video and that made me KATC at a time i only watched My Girl and didn't like JG much...

Fly Daddy Fly trailer has one of my all time songs (i didn't know before!) so just for the song i would have watch it! plus LJG looks extremely hot in the video

Virgin Snow one is so sweet and beautiful, LJG looks so sweet and beautiful... and the song is lovely. i would watch!

May 18. I think every country has a sad episode like that filmed. Sometimes i watch them, sometimes not. It all depends on the critics and the actors, so i'm not sure if i would watch

Never Said Goodbye. Lovely scenery, lovely main lead, sad love story i think i would watch

So my ranking is:

1.- King and the Clown

2.- Virgin Snow

3.- Never Said Goodbye

4.- Fly Daddy Fly

5.- May 18

Today's smile

IE001635554_STD.jpg

Image credit to uploader 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, haniiiii said:

I have a free weekend after such a long time, I am really looking forward to it.

I'm glad you have free time! Do something fun you deserve it. :)

16 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

TBDW/Soo Hyun/Kay:  OK…Now I think this is a boxing/martial arts movie.  Whomever was the art director didn’t have a clear art direction for the Posters. Don’t get me wrong…I love this image in and of itself.  I might have actually guessed it was for Fly Daddy Fly at first (and maybe that was the reference they were trying to grab) but I would never guess this character was an Agent/Double Agent from this poster.

Nope but from the poster you can see he's a fighter. So Hyun had to fight many things, he had to fight even against himself. And the tattoo shows he's not working for a company. :wink:

Besides LJG fighting on a ring... Rrrrrraaawwwrrr... 

17 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

but Seung-Suk wasn’t really a smiley character so this throws me off. 

He wasn't but he smiled few times. And at the end - big bright smile. :D

17 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

This… 

Reveal hidden contents

Related image

Is much better…

I just noticed... the girl's feet are like flippers. I mean she's petite and all and then... she has such big feet. Or someone made them this way in this poster.

(Nothing wrong with big feet! It was random observation!)

4 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

IG update ahahahahahahah!!!

Hahhahhahahahhaahahaha!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 1/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, missmaudy said:

Speaking of which, there is an upcoming drama that requires all JGs martial arts skills including the jujitsu. His body frame is also perfect for the role and it’s something he hasn’t done yet as well.

I will not say which one as I don’t want to jinks it. But  I am hoping he gets the role. 

Spoiler

Let me make a guess. The only two dramas that I know of that have not been cast yet is Alhambra and Prometheus.  I think both may suit him. I don't want him to do another US remake "The Mentalist" (too similar to CM) or a second season of Signal and Secret Forest (second seasons rarely live up to the original).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, hiluna said:
  Hide contents

Let me make a guess. The only two dramas that I know of that have not been cast yet is Alhambra and Prometheus.  I think both may suit him. I don't want him to do another US remake "The Mentalist" (too similar to CM) or a second season of Signal and Secret Forest (second seasons rarely live up to the original).

@hiluna Wow, that Prometheus drama looks cool, I have just read about it ^^ Let's wait and hope :D

Btw, the lucky girl who won the jacket (instead of me, @glassnokamen and @antoniaclamens :)) has shared a few photos of it today. Look and envy, hahahaha 

1515837282.jpg
 1515837284.jpg

So, let me post this JG photo as a smile for today. Cause there is the jacket again :D

1515837285.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Btw, the lucky girl who won the jacket (instead of me, @glassnokamen and @antoniaclamens :)) has shared a few photos of it today. Look and envy, hahahaha 

Poor girl. We shouldn't envy her. How would you feel if you won some jacket and somebody else (soompians! dance-with-me-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif? ) took the man? I hope she'll find comfort in possesing the jacket. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

• LOL 5

36 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

I wonder what LJG was saying that it made them laugh so hard. :D 

@cedarwood I tried to catch something from the video, but it is hard, cause JG speaks in "goryeo style" hahaha. But what I caught was that JG was thanking his manager for his hard work last year. Saying he is looking forward to their cooperation this year. And something about his manager's fashion I think, but this one is really tough to comprehend. ^^

But I translated what the manager wrote in description of the post: Dear "older brother" (hyeong) Joon Gi!!! I am sincerely very very thankful!! I will work hard in future as well!! bbuing bbuing #there_is_no_other_actor_like_him #as_expected #handsome #touched_with_emotions #eyedrops_falling #2018 #golden_dog_year #lets_goooo~~~~

and one new photo from the dinner :wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

wonder what LJG was saying that it made them laugh so hard. :D 

2 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Exactly my thought!!! :D

2 hours ago, haniiiii said:

this one is really tough to comprehend

Wow @haniiiii you are on point.A kind angel translated what he was saying.Here it is:

The translation for the latest JG IG caption:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@cedarwood @pixelsticks @hiluna 

I don’t want to jinks JG prospects so I’d rather not say it. :)    

As you know Korean gov’t has been keeping a blacklist of celebrities. Though it’s been out for investigation, I believe it’s still enforced even by this current new gov’t but in a very covertly manner. What is worse, they have this  called whitelist of gov’t preferred celebrities that could replace those artists in the blacklist.

On the brighter side, JG seems to be on celebratory mood based on his IG postings and hope that’s also mean we can hear some good news from his team about his upcoming acting projects very soon. 

By the way, JG’s manager is promoted. Does this mean JG’s team is growing? Does it also mean the position as JGs manager/PA is vacant? How to apply for that job? I don’t really mind having JG as my employer. :):):) 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 1/11/2018 at 4:41 AM, haniiiii said:

I used this photo today in my ppt presentation (for my Korean exam) - I spoke about Korean company Lotte (for about 10 minutes in Korean, fuuu) and I could not miss out this opportunity to include oppa in my speech

You are jjang! good job onion head And congratulations for getting A! panda 78panda 78panda 78

On 1/11/2018 at 7:44 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I think you are right. In fact i'm very proud of everything he does... i think we are lucky to be his fans

Exactly! We are lucky to be his fans. Looking at how he is such a hard worker and how he never gives up always inspires me. love you crazy rabbit Suddenly I feel like rewatching his Golden Fishery and Healing Camp episodes…

just imagine if we could be in the same room watching, crying, laughing, swooning, commenting.... (well maybe it won't be safe for you, cause when i'm very emotional i tend to pinch or hit the ones watching with me, lol)

I’ve always wondered about this. How would it be if we were to watch MLSHR or any of JG’s works together at the same place? I’m the one who sits still and try to control their tears during a sad scene when watching with others. But if you guys were there, I probably wouldn’t be so shy to bawl, I guess. I do get worked up and would be commenting but I don’t pinch or hit so you guys are safe! :tongue:

The Million Dollar Question?????  It got me to daydream....he's been scuba diving and learning jiujitsu...so maybe he is getting ready to be a kick-richard simmons Korean operative. A suit-wearing suave smoldering guy in the city...that gets called out on missions all over the world. 

You make me think of James Bond... JG in a tux..

admire2 onion head Ooh, if he has to go on missions all over the world, then he must have different styles/ outfits for each mission too, right? JG in disguise – so that he would not get caught, you know. JG in a tux with his Pretty Forehead showing would be a vision!love onion head

Okie dokie.  I'll put it on my planner! Actually I don't have one. I was hoping for a JG one or for a custom one from the actual humans around me...but they didn't come through.  Maybe I will make one for myself this week?  Hmmmm...

please do and share! i dont a have a planner yet

crazy monkey 127 crazy monkey 148

So my wish for today is one i'm always saying, but this time i would say it aloud to JG: "please have a movie reunion with LJI" 

Oh, this is a great wish! A reunion of JG and LJI would be fantastic!! cheer2 onion head

On 1/11/2018 at 6:25 PM, violina said:

@bluelilac1214 my darling had to tag you because LOOK!!!! His beautiful forehead is displayed in its full glory..his skin looks so good in the setting sun.They didnt hide the mole on his cheek with makeup..his side profile in the second photo:wub:.This is 2018 started right!!!This magazine needs to circulate soon

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! hell yes onion headI’ve been waiting for you so that I could fangirl about his Pretty Forehead! love you crazy rabbitI’m so glad that they did not cover it up; he looks so manly with his Pretty Forehead uncovered! I love the colour of his skin – it looks like rose gold! He Smolders oh so perfectly! love onion head love onion head love onion head

On 1/11/2018 at 8:09 PM, pixelsticks said:

I tend to throw pillows....

I don’t throw pillows either. :wink:

On 1/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, astrantia said:

I want to introduce you to some posters for movie "18 May"

Thank you so much for the posters. I haven't seen any of them before. love you crazy rabbit

On 1/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Anway Pillows are softer than spoons... i watched livestream final episode of MLSHR with sister. We were eating icecream, so i was armed with a spoon. i lost count of how many times i hit my poor sister with it. but as you watched and suffer through the episode you can imagine it!

laugh3-smiley.gif?1292867631 What did your sister say about being hit with a spoon though? 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:11 PM, cedarwood said:

Think of this way - he could not be here if he didn't take a chance given to him. I mean he could be only one role actor and then maybe do some commercials and now be totally forgotten. It amazes me that he not only managed to stay in the industry but also became leading star and he's not the pretty boy anymore. Of course he's beuaituful beyond words but not in the same way as in KatC. Nowadays no one could have doubts if he's a man or a girl. Nope - he's a grown up man.  He also worked on himself. I don't know how to say it - I'm not talking only about his acting skills but him as a person. He said once that after KatC he felt like young god and he behaved badly. Ok he was v. young and successfull then but I'm glad that he realized he behaves badly and came to his senses. Now no one would say about him anything except him being nice person, good sunbaenim and the cheering up team member. It's good to like this kind of man.

Every single thing you have said! The best part is he is willing to change his ways when he finds them undesirable. He went from being the number 1 disliked celebrity by the reports due to his attitudes to the one who is respected and admired by everyone. Remember, the recent post by a report of how much of a gentleman he is? I love how humble he is too. love you crazy rabbitI definitely need to watch Golden Fishery and Healing Camp again.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:11 PM, cedarwood said:

Is it crazy that I recognized the drama (TBDAW) and scene basing on a picture with bare feet only...?

I hope not, because I too recognized it as soon as I saw it. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, pixelsticks said:
On 1/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, antoniaclamens said:

but how about @bluelilac1214 and @glassnokamen? i'm waiting for your reviews!!!!

Um....yes....

steal onion head

On 1/12/2018 at 10:43 PM, Wotad said:

just watched king and clown now im in love with him , also watched Iljimae but didn't realize it was him.

Yes, he looks completely different in Iljimae compared to K&C, especially his body language. And Yongie is such a chatterbox too. 

On 1/13/2018 at 11:51 AM, glassnokamen said:

IG update ahahahahahahah!!!

lol3-smiley-face.gif?1302011391 roftl-smiley-face.gif?1302011416roftl-smiley-face.gif?1302011416roftl-smiley-face.gif?1302011416 Our silly boy - such a cutie! :wub:

20 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I just noticed... the girl's feet are like flippers. I mean she's petite and all and then... she has such big feet. Or someone made them this way in this poster.

(Nothing wrong with big feet! It was random observation!)

Psst... I have big feet too.. :tongue:

9 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

New update with JG from his manager... and what a nice video!!!!

3 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

And JG IG update too 

He is so chatty on IG these days, plus he looks very happy and relaxed, I love it!happy dancing crazy rabbit

And here is the translation:

you need to work harder if you want to convince us...

Convince you of what? 7ak3eWs.jpg

Parade Time!!!

Coloured Hair/ Bangs/ White shirt/ Elusive Tummy/ In bed :w00t:

Spoiler

epSzFoV.jpg

Army/ Smile/ Beauty Marks:wub:

Spoiler

XBzG1VE.jpg

Pretty Forehead/ Mischievous/ Suit

Spoiler

Mq69Qbg.jpg

SMOLDERING/ Pretty Forehead/ Beauty Mark/ Sexy Back love onion head

tumblr_p2bh3e7Cak1sq7kg0o7_540.jpg

Why have we never done a Lips Parade? confused onion head

*Image credit to original uploaders.

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, haniiiii said:

I tried to catch something from the video, but it is hard, cause JG speaks in "goryeo style" hahaha. But what I caught was that JG was thanking his manager for his hard work last year. Saying he is looking forward to their cooperation this year. And something about his manager's fashion I think, but this one is really tough to comprehend. ^^

Maybe that's the joke - the goryeo speech. :wink:

7 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

And JG IG update too :wub:

Awwww picture numer 6! Who wouldn't want a picture like this with LJG??? I'm so envious...

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I don’t want to jinks JG prospects so I’d rather not say it. :)    

Uhhh... ok. But if you hear any news if LG gets the part or not you'd tell us, right? Just to stop us from being curious to death. meh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862513

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

By the way, JG’s manager is promoted. Does this mean JG’s team is growing? Does it also mean the position as JGs manager is vacant? How to apply for that job? I don’t really mind having JG as my employer. :):):) 

Apply this instant! Tell them you're the most qualified person for this position! :D

(I wonder what kind of boss he would be...)

4 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

I have big feet too.. :tongue:

Mine aren't small either. I just noticed. I saw the girl before and saw the movie and she was all petite and never seen her fet before. Now I paid attention. But I still think that someone poked in the poster too much.

Coloured Hair/ Bangs/ White shirt/ Elusive Tummy/ In bed :w00t:

Oh thank you, you just immobilized me in front of my computer. How am I supposed to stop looking, huuuuh??? love-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512

Why have we never done a Lips Parade? confused onion head

Because of our strong instinct of survival? serenade-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

3 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

My favourite are.... all!!!!! :wub::ph34r: But especially the third and the last one... I need some oxygen :ph34r:

I love the first one. I love the fact that I can take a look on his strong legs.  shy-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

Apply this instant! Tell them you're the most qualified person for this position! :D

(I wonder what kind of boss he would be...)

Check this one to give you an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jgfamily/121004-park-hyo-shin-mentioned-lee-joon-gi-on-radio/511433145551728/

I think he can be difficult at times as a boss(all bosses are I guess :) ) but I am sure in a sensible way. I am sure he's fun to be with too. It shows how comfortable his staff looks when they are with him. He is very loyal too, a character which is rarely found in the corporate world.  :)

• Like 7