Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Memories....WS feels

tumblr_og0tq5j1We1rpyw6wo1_r1_400.giftumblr_og0tq5j1We1rpyw6wo2_r1_400.gif

6T46IM6.gif3OgQERs.gif

When you gave up everything and stood by me in the rain…
When you threw your body in the way of a flying arrow to protect me…
you became someone I could never forget in my life.

- a part of Soo’s letter to her beloved Wang So

===============

tumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o2_250.giftumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o5_250.gif 

tumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o4_250.giftumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o7_250.gif

tumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o6_250.giftumblr_oktu6urHN51tdfsf6o8_250.gif

• Like 18
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

Sorry to cut your post! You're right, we're only discussing about Joon Gi's possible role for Criminal Minds here but I think it's important to consider Son Hyun Joo, as well. The fact he's also been offered a role this early on says a lot in my opinion. If they plan to adapt the original characters, wouldn't it be much more likely that Son Hyun Joo will be an equivalent to Hotch because he's older than Joon Gi and thus, would fit more into the senior/team leader role? Of course, maybe he'll be someone entirely different but I think he was offered a big role or else they wouldn't announce him being casted this early on. Even if Son Hyun Joo will be Hotch and Joon Gi Derek, who of the cast ends up the "male lead" the drama will focus on will be up to the production team - if they go with the typical kdrama male/female lead structure and not with an ensemble cast as in the original. My guess is that the dynamics will probably be something in between. Maybe like the drama Signal with three equally important leads.

Sorry to cut your post, but I also wanted to comment on Son Hyun Joo.

Regarding your highlighted part, I respectfully disagree. Right away, when I saw a picture of Son Hyun Joo, I immediately thought of him in either the role of Gideon or Rossi. (This might just be me though as I've always seen Hotch as younger than he is supposed to be on the show, lol. LJG's age is actually in between Hotch's and Derek's ages from season 1.) Both characters are the old-timers on the team (Rossi came in to replace Gideon when the actor left), who have been in the agency the longest and who were basically the pioneers of the BAU unit in the FBI. They're wise and have the most experience, but they don't usually function as team leaders. They prefer having a little more freedom to work cases without having to worry too much about the bosses or the paperwork. They're both really important characters, however - essentially the 2nd-in-commands.

Though this all depends on the rest of the cast. If they're not casting anyone older than SHJ, then I'll definitely peg him for the Gideon or Rossi role. At that point, I think it's almost certain (if he takes the part) that LJG would be Hotch or a combination of him and Derek.

However, if your scenario comes to pass, I wouldn't mind SHJ as Hotch and LJG as Derek. You're absolutely right in that whoever ends up as the "male lead" will be dependent on the production team. I think it's safe to say that whatever role LJG takes will obviously be one of the leads who will get a good amount of focus. I also agree that the dynamics will end up somewhere in between the traditional male/female lead structure and ensemble cast structure.

• Like 9

That Chicago Typewriter drama has an intriguing premise. I didn't realise that Chicago Typewriter was another moniker for the Tommy Gun. The 1920s and 30s is one of my favourite eras in history... I love the clothes, the music and the backdrop. There are plenty of C-dramas set in that period but not as many K dramas. The Untouchables, a film that I adore is of that era.

It's fascinating that they've approached YAI to be in it. But the thought of LJG in a role like this has me salivating. 

I would watch it at the drop of a hat especially if it's being broadcast on tvN.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

That Chicago Typewriter drama has an intriguing premise. I didn't realise that Chicago Typewriter was another moniker for the Tommy Gun. The 1920s and 30s is one of my favourite eras in history... I love the clothes, the music and the backdrop. There are plenty of C-dramas set in that period but not as many K dramas. The Untouchables, a film that I adore is of that era.

It's fascinating that they've approached YAI to be in it. But the thought of LJG in a role like this has me salivating. 

I would watch it at the drop of a hat especially if it's being broadcast on tvN.

That's what some also thought initially but in recent reports it's said to be a rom-com fantasy drama which involves reincarnation.

What's worse it's going to be a liveshoot drama. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

That's what some also thought initially but in recent reports it's said to be a rom-com fantasy drama which involves reincarnation.

What's worse it's going to be a liveshoot drama. 

Oh really? That's disappointing. They really need to make it clearer on Asianwiki what the nature of this beast is. I find it hard to believe that they can maintain a rom com in the backdrop of 1930s K under the Japanese colonial rule. 

The liveshoot part doesn't bode well. 

• Like 6

@cedarwood, no I haven't read the books, only saw the LOTR movies :) I'll have to read them one day though ~ 

About JG's potential role in Criminal Mind, I would prefer Derek. I'd like an older actor for the team leader, like the Romantic Doctor Kim formula, 3 main leads, the chief and the two disciples ^^ Criminal Mind has an ensemble cast anyway, for me there is no lead character, especially since the US show is not character driven at all. I just hope the production team choose every single character right - they are all important and strong individuals. The ensemble cast as to be solid like the US version.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

@cedarwood, no I haven't read the books, only saw the LOTR movies :) I'll have to read them one day though ~ 

About JG's potential role in Criminal Mind, I would prefer Derek. I'd like an older actor for the team leader, like the Romantic Doctor Kim formula, 3 main leads, the chief and the two disciples ^^ Criminal Mind has an ensemble cast anyway, for me there is no lead character, especially since the US show is not character driven at all. I just hope the production team choose every single character right - they are all important and strong individuals. The ensemble cast as to be solid like the US version.

Well its Korean version. It cant be the same thing. I don't think it going to be a copy and paste esp in this type of drama. Might as well we'll just watched the American version if we expect it to really the same. :) 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

Well its Korean version. It cant be the same thing. I don't think it going to be a copy and paste esp in this type of drama. Might as well we'll just watched the American version if we expect it to really the same. :) 

Of course it won't be the same. I suspect there will be a main story stretching throughout the show (or I hope so), but I hope they keep the ensemble cast thing and put some effort on it instead of focusing on one character too much. And no prominent love line please.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Of course it won't be the same. I suspect there will be a main story stretching throughout the show (or I hope so), but I hope they keep the ensemble cast thing and put some effort on it instead of focusing on one character too much. And no prominent love line please.

Of course. It would like The Phantom/Ghost. Kwon Do Won played a big role but So Ji Sub was the main lead. At least with the license from CM-CBS, they don't have to worry about running into copyright issues and for the heck of avoiding it, incorporates crazy concepts such as face-off or miracle walkie-talkie. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

Honestly, the only thing I dont like about criminal story or sunbae hubae story in K drama, the way sunbae treated their subordinate or hubae harshly. Like kicking, shouting and insult them infront of everybody. Seriously, is that a trend or norm in Korea?? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

Honestly, the only thing I dont like about criminal story or sunbae hubae story in K drama, the way sunbae treated their subordinate or hubae harshly. Like kicking, shouting and insult them infront of everybody. Seriously, is that a trend or norm in Korea?? 

Well it's part of their culture. Maybe what we see in the drama could be a tamed version of what it actually is. I watched this Korean reality show Hello Counselor about workplace issues eg sunbae/hobae issues, its actually worse in reality. 

This is not a workplace issue but from my personal exp. Have you watched a drama wherein an ajumma hitting a stranger? I have actually observed it first hand.This happened during my visit in Korea sometime ago.  There were these two foreign tourists. They were maybe from one of the SE Asian countries. The said tourists were two young girls maybe early-mid twenties with their sophisticated camera with supersize lens. While these young tourists were taking photos of the ajummas restaurant,  all of the sudden I just saw this ajumma getting angry and started hitting, for real, the two young girls and at the same time whisking them away. Haha I was gobsmacked. How could someone just hit a stranger like that? :) 

Going back to CM, I hope it's going to be more sophisticated considering its a bigger production.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

@MAROSA_JIN... oh you... So much hotness in the morning... :wub:

Chingu:) this i liked the most

tumblr_oku1zoJ3xp1sq7kg0o5_540.png

rGjTjd7.jpg

===================

Americans’ 5 Favorite Korean Actors, Actresses, And Dramas Revealed

The U.S. branch of the Korea Creative Content Agency recently released the results of a survey they did through online K-drama streaming sites over a period of two weeks.

According to the survey, 73.5 percent of K-drama viewers in the United States are females between 10 and 35. The favorite genre is overwhelmingly romantic comedy, with 61.8 percent of the votes, while melodramas and historical dramas are second and third with 11.7 percent and 9.9 percent, respectively.

More results:

Favorite Korean actors:

1. Lee Min Ho
  2. Lee Joon Gi
  3. Lee Jong Suk
  4. Song Joong Ki
  5. Ji Chang Wook

Favorite Korean actresses:

1. Park Shin Hye
  2. Gong Hyo Jin
  3. IU
  4. Song Hye Kyo
  5. Hwang Jung Eum

Favorite K-dramas:

1. Descendants of the Sun
  2. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”
  3. W
  4. “Cinderella and Four Knights”
  5. Oh My Venus

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/03/americans-5-favorite-korean-actors-actresses-dramas-revealed/

• Like 15
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, krysyuy said:

Sorry to cut your post, but I also wanted to comment on Son Hyun Joo.

Regarding your highlighted part, I respectfully disagree. Right away, when I saw a picture of Son Hyun Joo, I immediately thought of him in either the role of Gideon or Rossi. (This might just be me though as I've always seen Hotch as younger than he is supposed to be on the show, lol. LJG's age is actually in between Hotch's and Derek's ages from season 1.) Both characters are the old-timers on the team (Rossi came in to replace Gideon when the actor left), who have been in the agency the longest and who were basically the pioneers of the BAU unit in the FBI. They're wise and have the most experience, but they don't usually function as team leaders. They prefer having a little more freedom to work cases without having to worry too much about the bosses or the paperwork. They're both really important characters, however - essentially the 2nd-in-commands.

Though this all depends on the rest of the cast. If they're not casting anyone older than SHJ, then I'll definitely peg him for the Gideon or Rossi role. At that point, I think it's almost certain (if he takes the part) that LJG would be Hotch or a combination of him and Derek.

However, if your scenario comes to pass, I wouldn't mind SHJ as Hotch and LJG as Derek. You're absolutely right in that whoever ends up as the "male lead" will be dependent on the production team. I think it's safe to say that whatever role LJG takes will obviously be one of the leads who will get a good amount of focus. I also agree that the dynamics will end up somewhere in between the traditional male/female lead structure and ensemble cast structure.

You've got a very good point there with Gideon or Rossi as Son Hyun Joo's potential roles and it's funny that you considered Hotch younger than he's supposed to be because for me it always was the exact opposite. I always thought he was way older - probably because I assumed he's the same age as his actor Thomas Gibson who's the same age as my mother haha. I only ever could see him as the 'older' guy when I was younger and watched the series :sweatingbullets: But when I checked Hotch's age right now, I was shocked that he's supposed to be born in 1971? That's 9 years younger than Thomas Gibson. So in season 1 he was around 35? Wow... I thought he was 40+... Son Hyun Joo was born in 1965 and he might indeed look older than Hotch in season 1, so you're hunch with Son Hyun Joo's role sounds quite realistic.

Anyway, I'd love your scenario to come true with Joon Gi as a combination of Hotch and Derek. 

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 11