Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Spoiler
42 minutes ago, lisethvr said:

RE production is making a killing with their movie. According to box office Mojo it's production budget was $40M but it's already grossing as at 22/01/17 for $35M coming from two countries only; Japan $33.9M & Malaysia $1.2M. 

Japan is a good market. Moon Lovers have been broadcasted there 3x already. One - International version, the second time was the SBS version then 3rd on a streaming site maybe with the SBS version.

• Like 19

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Aaaaaaah I see what you meant. :)

I do. Is that a bad thing? :flushed:

Not at all!!!  I have Polish in my family background but I cannot read letters we have from ancestors.  It's a tough language.  Google translate is a joke! 

Speaking of tough languages, I was watching a video that ranked the hardest languages for an English speaking person to learn....and Korean was #2 on the list.  The main reasons were the differences in sentence structure and the subtle vowel sounds that English speakers may not find perceptible.  That and the traditional constructs of which words to use with which people (oppa, hyung, noona, etc).

BUT I AM SO EXCITED!!!!   WHY??

THIS FINALLY ARRIVED.  It took almost 2 months but I cannot wait to load it up and have JG talk to me. :D 

I love the TAGLINE on the cd which says "Listening to the voice of Joon Gi Lee makes studying Korean easier and more enjoyable."  <<<Well, obvious!>>>  And is that his (copy) signature on the blue thing?  It is quite intricate. 

<<<although they might want to think of updating the cd...I think JG should create an App for phones....hey Namoo?>>>>

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

@willenette I'm happy to see him in the list of Top 10 Famous And Most Handsome Korean Actors In 2017 but I'm surprised to find out that he is 32 year old. I know he look like in his twenty :).

About his next project I would have liked to see him in Criminal Minds like a hybrid between Hotch and Derek but the more time passes the more I lose hope that he will accept that project. I'll wait with patience his decision.

This year April he will turn 35. He was born in 1982. 

31 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Not at all!!!  I have Polish in my family background but I cannot read letters we have from ancestors.  It's a tough language.  Google translate is a joke! 

Speaking of tough languages, I was watching a video that ranked the hardest languages for an English speaking person to learn....and Korean was #2 on the list.  The main reasons were the differences in sentence structure and the subtle vowel sounds that English speakers may not find perceptible.  That and the traditional constructs of which words to use with which people (oppa, hyung, noona, etc).

THIS FINALLY ARRIVED.  It took almost 2 months but I cannot wait to load it up and have JG talk to me. :D 

I love the TAGLINE on the cd which says "Listening to the voice of Joon Gi Lee makes studying Korean easier and more enjoyable."  <<<Well, obvious!>>>  And is that his (copy) signature on the blue thing?  It is quite intricate. 

<<<although they might want to think of updating the cd...I think JG should create an App for phones....hey Namoo?>>>>

2 months to arrive?? Goodness!! It takes 4 days to arrive my home after I place my order. I always listen to this CD before I go to bed. His voice sooth me :love:

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

That is cool. JG looks really young in the picture. 

I was tempted to buy it. It comes in 3 modules, right? 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

That is cool. JG looks really young in the picture. 

I was tempted to buy it. It comes in 3 modules, right? 

Yes, but it was a holiday gift so I only received the first one.  ^_^  I don't remember but he may have recorded this before he went into the military?  I could be wrong.  Hence...maybe an update needed?!?!

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Yes, but it was a holiday gift so I only received the first one.  ^_^  I don't remember but he may have recorded this before he went into the military?  I could be wrong.  Hence...maybe an update needed?!?!

He recorded this in 2010. I read an article about this some time ago. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

I knew, but is their statement not mine. “Now 32 years old, this Busan kkonminam icon rose to prominence when he featured as Gong-Gi in The King and the Clown.....”

Ah ~ Sorry I misunderstood :) Yup they mixed up. Also used a photo which is almost 10 y.o ! ^^

• Like 9

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

RE production is making a killing with their movie. According to box office Mojo it's production budget was $40M but it's already grossing as at 22/01/17 for $35M coming from two countries only; Japan $33.9M & Malaysia $1.2M. 

I'm not surprised. RE is a highly successful franchise. Just not very liked by critics (who cares) and getting a lot of criticism by audience but they go watch it anyway ! Guilty pleasure probably :wink: 

(sorry for the double post, i have trouble quoting twice for one post)

• Like 16

This may be totally out of the blue but can I just mention how much I love and appreciate this thread and you chingus? You make long boring working days so much more refreshing, especially when this many pictures of wet Joon Gi are being posted... ^_^ Please keep it up!

How nice that your book finally arrived, @pixelsticks :) I also have this and think it's really good (even if we exclude Joon Gi's part in it)! And Joon Gi really is the best Korean ambassador I could ever think of to promote Korean culture and language. I wonder how many people already started to learn Korean thanks to him. And yeeees, his voice makes studying Korean easier and veeery much enjoyable.

And on another note, look at this romantic anime character of Joon Gi. Am I the only one who feels just a slightly bit creeped out by it? No big surprise but the real deal is so much more handsome. I wonder what Joon Gi thinks about the character? :lol:

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 16

43 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

I'm not surprised. RE is a highly successful franchise. Just not very liked by critics (who cares) and getting a lot of criticism by audience but they go watch it anyway ! Guilty pleasure probably :wink: 

(sorry for the double post, i have trouble quoting twice for one post)

As this kind of movie is not my cup of tea so I have my own criticism too but I will just keep it to myself. Lol 

Now I could understand why he rejected it initially. I didn't picture him do this kind of movie. But I think he still gained alot from doing this esp. the amazing friendships with Paul and Milla. His network in the industry has definitely expanded by miles.

I hope JG will find a good movie role whether a Korean production that  could be marketed around the world or a foreign production. I think he can overcome the language barrier if he will do a movie in an English language. He just need to hire the best speech coach. When Daniel Radcliffe, who has a really thick Brit accent, did an Australian movie, he did have a speech coach to teach him learn the Australian way of speaking. I think LJG is adept at learning language. And he is very patient & hardworking which I think these two qualities are most important factors. 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I knew, but is their statement not mine. “Now 32 years old, this Busan kkonminam icon rose to prominence when he featured as Gong-Gi in The King and the Clown.....”

The title of the article says most famous and handsome Korean actors of 2017, but if you follow the link and read the article, it was actually written in 2015. All of the actors are described as two years younger than they are in 2017, none of their movies or dramas after 2015 are mentioned, and the article even says 2015 in the body.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, junejungki said:

I found this video Lee Jun Ki modelling day. He looks like a character from anime. :love:

Thanks for sharing but OMG! Those outfits?  BWAAA!! LOL!  Some of them are HUGE!  But then again, that is high designer fashion.  Did I see a see-thru shirt on one? 

4 hours ago, missmaudy said:

As this kind of movie is not my cup of tea so I have my own criticism too but I will just keep it to myself. Lol 

Now I could understand why he rejected it initially. I didn't picture him do this kind of movie. But I think he still gained alot from doing this esp. the amazing friendships with Paul and Milla. His network in the industry has definitely expanded by miles.

I hope JG will find a good movie role whether a Korean production that  could be marketed around the world or a foreign production. I think he can overcome the language barrier if he will do a movie in an English language. He just need to hire the best speech coach. When Daniel Radcliffe, who has a really thick Brit accent, did an Australian movie, he did have a speech coach to teach him learn the Australian way of speaking. I think LJG is adept at learning language. And he is very patient & hardworking which I think these two qualities are most important factors. 

Same here.  Nobody in my house wants to go see it with me.  I would love for him to do another English language movie.  Challenge yourself JG! 

4 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-a-dogs-purpose-resident-evil-1201970867/

Mention of JG name in this :wink: The movie opened in the States it seems.

It opened stateside last night at 7:00pm.  Today is the first full day of showings.  Reviews are mixed.  Americans like to look at Rotten Tomatoes rating for movies.  It averages the professional Critics Reviews (Fresh Tomato or Rotten Tomato) and also has a category for User Ratings.  79@% of the Audience liked it as of right now.  43% of Critics did.  The top Critics are split. These numbers change as reviews come in.  The site lists Joon Gi as an actor in the movie but does not have a picture of him in the profile slot.  https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/resident_evil_the_final_chapter

• Like 12