Tim Hwang Young Min, The Korean-american Ballad Prince

Guest natedao

anna: haha... yeah, his voice is beautiful. so soothing. i love listening to his albums. you just can't get tired of his voice. ^_^ his musical background is quite solid. he can play various instruments and he's been in different competitions during his high school years as well. he's a smart guy, too. i remember reading his extensive bio before. quite impressive. not to mention, he's devoted, well-mannered, etc. etc. he's really another perfect guy... :wub:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest heartdrops

Lisa: After you said that, I went back to the first page to read his bio. Wow what a smart kid! I'd die for a bf like him hahas. Off to go dl LL!

just finished watching today's LL. tim sung a bit of FTTS's "Missing You" with modified lyrics. :rolleyes: and he was up against 3 guys during "nol nawa". :P haha... he looked so handsome at the end with his dressy outfit along with sweet smile and dimples. :wub: also, how during the hwanhee vs. timmy fight, when hwanhee realized that timmy's shirt was hoisted all the way up, he pulled it back down for tim... how sweet! :wub: that was so cute!!

anna: haha... same here... all these perfect guys... where are they in real life?!?! :lol: and if you read the really long and informative bio, you'll be even more wowed. it used to be here before soompi went down and everything was re-created. maybe it's still at the Lost In Tim forum. ^_^

Guest heartdrops

capture3tn.jpg

haha, I loved that part. Seeing Tim's smile makes me smile too.

Oh, Lisa! If you can find it again, please post of tell me! I am so interested to learn more about him! xD

^ that was one of the highlights of today's LL, Anna. i watched that a few times. :rolleyes:

okee, i went to LIT and dug up this post:

Tim's Ultimate Profile

=========

Name: Timothy Young Min Hwang

DOB: 1981/12/23

Education: Temple Univ. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Majoring in Pharmacy (Only an assumption, he used to 'bury himself in pharmaceutical textbooks')

Abilities: Vocal music (as in opera singing), Alto saxophone, Drum, Piano

Vocal singing

Upper Darby High School Choir, performed as the no.1 tenor for 4 years

performed with the Philadelphia Chamber of Orchestra for 5 times

performed in the Carnegie Hall, NY

the first prize in the Pennsylvania choir comp.

Upper Darby High choir team, where he belonged to, won 4 times in the district comp.

Upper Darby District Choir (with 30 selected members out of 500), performed as the no.1 tenor for 2 years

won twice at Williamsburg, Washington D.C, New York, Boston district competitions

the representative member of the Pennsylvania Choir team (for high school students)

first prize in the district competition between 100 tenors

silver medal in the comp between 20 high schools

gold medal in the comp. between 6 regions

===============

instruments

performed 3 years as the alto saxophone player in a jazz band

Upper Darby High Jazz Band was selected as the one of 15 top jazz bands nationwide

guest performance at the Lincoln Center Comp., as conducted by a famous jazz orchestra senior conductor, Wynton Marsalis

the no.1 alto saxophone performer in his 1st and 2nd year of high school marching band

the conductor of the marching band during his 3rd and 4th year of high school.

first prize in the comp. between conductors of marching bands

===============

modelling career

took modelling lessons at Barbizon Agency

eligible for competing in the model contests

=============

acting

performed in a play by the Everlyn Grave Productions

a high school production of 'West Side Story'

=============

academic accomplishments

the American high school honour roll (ranked 15% out of 1000 honour roll students)

the school representative in his 4th year of high school.

i thought i read something longer... maybe that's all that was saved. :D he's talented, intelligent, and good-looking!!! :wub:

Guest heartdrops

Thank you so much Lisa Jie! ^^ *hugs*

Omg, he's a piano guy. I love paino guys!!!!

Wow, he's amazing in singing and in academics!

Thanks again! This makes me like him EVEN more!!

Oh and found two new pics of him, what a cute outfit.

20060520000327100217vu.th.jpg20060520000327100227jg.th.jpg

^ haha... Anna mei! i love piano guys as well! especially those that can sing!! :wub: i've seen tim play the saxophone on a show as well. it was an old show with hyori. you can check my CB for the clip. i think i have it uploaded. ^_^ thanks for the pics! what a spiffy outfit! :w00t:

EDIT:

my 2960th post! wheeeee...

Guest mintoro

I LOVE his new song ... Na Hon Ja Man

track 6 in his vol 3

i dun understand what he sang but sounds lonely ..

Guest mintoro

wow... are u korean??? or u're learning korean???

well... Tim is really a talented ballad singer...

but before he came back to korea does he speaks korea in US?

coz i rmb last time i see him on one show... he's a bit blur... abit only

^ no, i'm not korean. but i've managed to pick up bits and pieces through the shows/dramas i watch or songs i listen to. :P i'd love to learn the language. ^_^

yup, he sure is. but people don't seem to know too much about him or his music. they just know his "sarang hamnida", which is a shame, because he has sooo many other great songs. :D ummm... i don't think he spoke much korean in the US. i remember reading an article how he recorded "sarang hamnida" sooo many times because his pronunciation was off or something. so, i think he picked up most of his korean after going to korea. :lol:

well, looks like Harusae... is the first track timmy will be performing!! :w00t: amazing perf. today... a must watch! it took my breath away during the parts when his voice really soared... :wub: and he was all decked out in a classy dressy outfit! so handsome and suave. :D <33333

Please don't post this cut elsewhere. Thanks! :D

Tim - Harusae... Comeback on Inkigayo (2006-05-21).avi [38.3MB]

tim12ve.jpg

tim26sf.jpg

tim30bm.jpg

tim45dc.jpg

tim51vx.jpg

tim67aq.jpg

tim76fv.jpg

tim85ao.jpg

tim92ej.jpg

tim101ax.jpg

Please credit dreamweaver @ soompi or dreamweaver @ Lost In Tim if posting these caps elsewhere!!

Guest truexskills

whyt did his album fall out of the top 20 like 2 weeks after its debut?

it will most likely come back up when his promotional activities start rolling but..i was surpsied :huh:

^ well, i think it's mainly because he hasn't started to promote it till now. he was in the US sometime during those 2 weeks. i hope he'll get his album sales up now that he's promoting his 3rd jib. ^_^

also, keep in mind that timmy is a ballads singer and not everyone is into ballads. some might find his album "bland" because it mostly consists of the same genre. so, timmy's fans/audience could be a "limited crowd", which is unfortunate. =0 in any case, i love ballads and i love timmy's voice. :wub:

Guest kooky

Now that he's back in Korea doing promotions, his album should climb right back up on the charts.

I adore Tim, but that top has got to go.

Archived