Tim Hwang Young Min, The Korean-american Ballad Prince

Guest natedao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jess1tym4life

well, looks like Harusae... is the first track timmy will be performing!! :w00t: amazing perf. today... a must watch! it took my breath away during the parts when his voice really soared... :wub: and he was all decked out in a classy dressy outfit! so handsome and suave. :D <33333

Please don't post this cut elsewhere. Thanks! :D

Tim - Harusae... Comeback on Inkigayo (2006-05-21).avi [38.3MB]

Please credit dreamweaver @ soompi or dreamweaver @ Lost In Tim if posting these caps elsewhere!!

WOW Timmy is back thanks Lisa for the caps & performances he looks so sweet..as always..i watched loveletter wa shoping he eneded up with teh girl from jewelry but instead he went for that other girl..i think he felt sorry for her that he made her cry at the start.

Hope to see mor eof him on gameshows..yes next week more timmy on loveletter yeah..maybe this time he will end up with her..

awwww can't dl from CB lately! T.T Timmy's comeback! sniff!!

oh would like to share this:

Tim Sings Sweet Ballads, Once Again

By Park Chung-a

Staff Reporter

ensor200605231627280tim.jpg

Tim

``The love that we trusted so dearly became a sad memory just in one day just in one day, the heart that only knew you, the heart that would only beat for you is rusting useless with tears ''

The above are some of the lyrics of singer Tim's ``In One Day (Harusae)'' from his third album which was released late last month. The singer shot to stardom with a ballad number ``I Love You (Saranghamnida)'' in 2003, and since then, Tim has become known for his great vocal ability and clean-cut looks. His songs are sweetly sorrowful, mostly about unrequited love or parted lovers, and his third album does not much deviate from that sentimental melancholy.

``I think I do not do well with dance music. I feel more comfortable and natural when I sing sad ballad songs. Through them, I can express my inner emotions as much as I want to,'' the 25-year-old said in an interview with The Korea Times.

Tim has come back with his third album ``Traces of Sensitivity (Kamsong)'' about two years after his last album. Before its release, a new digital single ``In My Dream (Kumsogeso)'' featuring dreamy synthesizer effects was released in mid-February on the Internet, attracting a lot of attention.

The album is composed of seven new ballad songs, one remake of popular song of Park Jin-young's ``Behind You (Noui Tuieso)'' and two instrumental pieces. Participating are top musicians like Yoon Sang, Jeong Jae-il, Kang Soo-ho and Han Sang-won. From his very first album, Yoon, who is known for being stingy with giving his songs to other singers, has been contributing his pieces to Tim. The title song ``In One Day'' is also Yoon's.

This time, other than singing, Tim has participated as a producer and also an album designer. The cover of the album is a photograph of white tissues.

``I first thought about what could best express the theme of the album, which is the sensitivity of the human being. Then the white tissues that piled up around me when I had a hard time last year suddenly popped into my head,'' he said. ``A white tissue is just like a white canvas. Think about a white canvas. When a painter puts paint on it, the canvas comes to have its own story. Similarly, when a tissue meets someone's tears, it has its own story, its own message.

``I wanted my album to be a tissue that could wipe away people's tears, something that could truly listen to the story of each person.''

What overcame the fragile sensitivity and tears in Tim's life were time, music and religious belief. So inside the album cover, pictures show tissues lying side by side with a clock, a guitar and a Bible.

Born in Philadelphia, Tim grew up in the United States until his freshman year at Temple University. The singer's name, Tim, comes from his English name Timothy Hwang. His Korean name is Hwang Young-min.

Until he was picked up by an entertainment agency, he never thought of becoming a professional singer. However, music was always something that came naturally to him. From childhood, he pursued musical activities in both schools and churches. He was a member of the church choir, and also a saxophonist in a jazz band. When he was offered the chance to become a singer, he left his family, came to Korea and spent more than two years training before debuting as a singer in 2003.

``I feel very lucky to be a singer as I can have music as permanent part of my life,'' he said.

Tim is a devout Christian. His father is a pastor. While taking a rest just before making his comeback, he went on a mission to Cambodia with his family. One of the songs in the new album is a gospel composed by his older brother.

``I would like to work as a singer as long as time permits. I want to ultimately become a singer who can console and give encouragement to people. That's all I want,'' he said.

source: Korea Times

credit: yesha ^^

Guest aymei

TIM!! YAY!! New album! I love his song Sarang ham ni da. It was so cute on x-man when he was singing it and had bae seul gi finish for him. He's such a sweetheart too! <3

^ 사랑함니다? I'm not that sure myself =X

it's very close: 사랑합니다

in "sarang hamnida", even though it's romanized with an "m", the actually writing is actually a "b/p". ^_^

yesha: thanks so much for the article!! :w00t: i love the analogy between the white canvas and white tissues. i wonder what hardship tim went through last year. in any case, he's a stronger person now and i'm so touched to hear him share his stories with us. :D and We Are The Reason is composed by his older bro?! :lol: that's awesome. if i were in his shoes, i would love to touch people's lives with music and provide them with comfort and assurance as well as inspire and encourage. God is doing much through him for sure. <333 timmy hwaiting!!!

lisa: i don't think it' we are the reason coz i've been hearing that song for a long time. i think its just his version. his bro probably wrote a diff song. and thanks for the file you shared on L.I.T. can't dl from CB lately. T.T

i can't wait for June to arrive so that my Tim CD would be in my hands! ^^

lisa: i don't think it' we are the reason coz i've been hearing that song for a long time. i think its just his version. his bro probably wrote a diff song. and thanks for the file you shared on L.I.T. can't dl from CB lately. T.T

i can't wait for June to arrive so that my Tim CD would be in my hands! ^^

yesha: oh really? i just assumed it's that one since it's the only gospel track i can pick out. i don't understand the other songs in korean, so i can't tell if it's gospel or not. :P heehee... anyway, you're most welcome. i know it's hard to get cuts to download off CB. ^_^

yayness! :w00t:

EDIT:

ooooohhh... my 3030th post. :lol:

Guest frOsty_pAnda

wow, i haven't been on here a while. and i'm the one that made this thread. :lol:

i haven't bought his 3rd album yet T-T

i've listened to some of his songs and he never ceases to amaze me. His voice improved and in some of the songs, i thought i was gonna cry.

that's really cool that he designed the CD cover. tissues...never really thought that deep before. ^^

argh. i have a lot of catching up to do. i think tim should promote his album more. there are so many good songs on there. it sucks that the only song that pple seem to know is "Saranghamnida". there are other great songs too...

Guest mpark

I love his songs. Thanks for sharing the pictures...but who is that other guy in the glasses? Danny?

Guest amyliaz

A new Tim fan here!!! I love Tim!!! xD I can't believe I never got into him until now. I'm a big ballads fan so yep. ^^ I love his voice. <33

Archived