Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

Some images of KTH as Cha Yu Ri in Hi bye, Mama, release by tvN via Instagram. They are mixed with other characters in the drama. I’ll post the others later.

Spoiler

Hello! I just finished watching episode 9 via NETFLIX here in the Philippines. I dońt really look fo forums like this but therés something i epilsode 9 that makes m worried about the next episodes.

First of all, let me start by saying why I decided to watch HI BYE MAMA

1. KIM TAE HEE is back 

2. LEE KYU HYUNG is the brightest talented actor in this era. (Please see him also in Prison Playbook).

3. Episodes 1&2 made me root even more for this drama. 

Well at first, may I say that I wasńt sure if LKH & KTH have chemistry. BUT DAMN was I completely wrong. I fell in love with the two of them just like their characters falling in love at first sight in just 3 seconds. I was so hooked even though Yuri died. I felt all the pain that Ganghwa felt, even revealing that at one point he decided to commit suicide because he finds it difficult now to even breathe without Yuri by his side. Man.. the acting from these two is STELLAR! Then we see Ganghwa looking at Yuri while YUri was looking at Seowoo one last time before deciding to give up and just leave, then she realizes Ganghwa was looking at her dead straight in the eyes!!! That´s when she realized that she bacame human again. After that, Ganghwa couldńt even focus at his day job, and he couldńt even fall asleep as he was worried that ,Yuri might DISAPPEAR again.

MAN WAS I SO HOOKED!!! THIS IS THE REASON I DECIDED TO WATCH IT FAITHFULLY PER EPISODE! The development of their story. What changes would it make if Yuri comes back? What about Minjung? Why is she filing the divorce against Ganghwa? What about Ganghwás unsettled feelings BECAUSE CLEARLY HE HASŃT MOVED ON YET. He couldńt even perform a surgery without the flashbacks of his wife lying on the OperatingTable LIFELESS. THIS! Fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers- is the reason why focused on this drama eventhough there are tons of new releases in NETFLIX. 

But these changes in from episodes 8 & 9.. man..When Yuri said Ganghwa loves Minjung.. Especially when Ganghwa hung up the family photo with Minjung in his car.. has he decided then?.. 

I dońt know anymore. Seriously. My heart broke...

That is why I have reached the decision to watch HI BYE MAMA one last time tonight. If I see the plot of the story is heading towards Yuri leaving after 49 Days.. Then I give up as well.. Therés no reason to watch it anymore for me.

My ideal happy ending for this drama is that Ganghwa & Yuri would be together again and be the rightful parents of our beautiful Seowoo.. Like what Hyeonjong unnie said.. Ganghwa & Seowoo are Yuris.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Rain must been very good soul in his past life to have Kim Tae Hee  as a wife , i love this couple so much. Also hopefully we get to see KTH more in drama after the Hi! Bye Mama!

Hi @kiefshi1056

Welcome to KTH’s thread. You shouldn’t see the last of KTH. She has every intention to act for long, according to her interview years ago. I find that she always pick interesting stories and characters for projects. Let’s hope there’s one lining up now for her next project! :)

2 hours ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

Hello! I just finished watching episode 9 via NETFLIX here in the Philippines. I dońt really look fo forums like this but therés something i epilsode 9 that makes m worried about the next episodes.

First of all, let me start by saying why I decided to watch HI BYE MAMA

1. KIM TAE HEE is back 

2. LEE KYU HYUNG is the brightest talented actor in this era. (Please see him also in Prison Playbook).

3. Episodes 1&2 made me root even more for this drama. 

Well at first, may I say that I wasńt sure if LKH & KTH have chemistry. BUT DAMN was I completely wrong. I fell in love with the two of them just like their characters falling in love at first sight in just 3 seconds. I was so hooked even though Yuri died. I felt all the pain that Ganghwa felt, even revealing that at one point he decided to commit suicide because he finds it difficult now to even breathe without Yuri by his side. Man.. the acting from these two is STELLAR! Then we see Ganghwa looking at Yuri while YUri was looking at Seowoo one last time before deciding to give up and just leave, then she realizes Ganghwa was looking at her dead straight in the eyes!!! That´s when she realized that she bacame human again. After that, Ganghwa couldńt even focus at his day job, and he couldńt even fall asleep as he was worried that ,Yuri might DISAPPEAR again.

MAN WAS I SO HOOKED!!! THIS IS THE REASON I DECIDED TO WATCH IT FAITHFULLY PER EPISODE! The development of their story. What changes would it make if Yuri comes back? What about Minjung? Why is she filing the divorce against Ganghwa? What about Ganghwás unsettled feelings BECAUSE CLEARLY HE HASŃT MOVED ON YET. He couldńt even perform a surgery without the flashbacks of his wife lying on the OperatingTable LIFELESS. THIS! Fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers- is the reason why focused on this drama eventhough there are tons of new releases in NETFLIX. 

But these changes in from episodes 8 & 9.. man..When Yuri said Ganghwa loves Minjung.. Especially when Ganghwa hung up the family photo with Minjung in his car.. has he decided then?.. 

I dońt know anymore. Seriously. My heart broke...

That is why I have reached the decision to watch HI BYE MAMA one last time tonight. If I see the plot of the story is heading towards Yuri leaving after 49 Days.. Then I give up as well.. Therés no reason to watch it anymore for me.

My ideal happy ending for this drama is that Ganghwa & Yuri would be together again and be the rightful parents of our beautiful Seowoo.. Like what Hyeonjong unnie said.. Ganghwa & Seowoo are Yuris.. 

Hi @YuriXGanghwaFan

Welcome to KTH’s thread. That was one good piece from you. I’m like you, ie hoping for a happy ending for Yuri and Ganghwa. Yes, he has not gotten over Yuri. This is evident through his lack of confidence in conducting surgeries at the hospital. Yuri? If there is no Min Jung, will she work hard to find her place to be a human again? She might. Now, he is torn between the two, omoooo...

After watching episode 9, I’m seized with the prospect that Yuri May leave after the 49 days, but...we are about half way through the drama. There’re plenty of plot twists that the writer could possibly come up with. Pray that the forces all around the couple push them towards a happy ending. I think the drama fandom needs something positive and happy right now, especially in times of this Covid-19 outbreak and the lockdowns! :)

Here’s our best wishes and support to the cast and crew for a continuously good story, acting and a happy ending!! :)

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @YuriXGanghwaFan

Welcome to KTH’s thread. That was one good piece from you. I’m like you, ie hoping for a happy ending for Yuri and Ganghwa. Yes, he has not gotten over Yuri. This is evident through his lack of confidence in conducting surgeries at the hospital. Yuri? If there is no Min Jung, will she work hard to find her place to be a human again? She might. Now, he is torn between the two, omoooo...

After watching episode 9, I’m seized with the prospect that Yuri May leave after the 49 days, but...we are about half way through the drama. There’re plenty of plot twists that the writer could possibly come up with. Pray that the forces all around the couple push them towards a happy ending. I think the drama fandom needs something positive and happy right now, especially in times of this Covid-19 outbreak and the lockdowns! :)

Here’s our best wishes and support to the cast and crew for a continuously good story, acting and a happy ending!! :)

It´s so nice to have someone with the same perspective as I am:) As promised, I watched episode 10 last night via Netflix. Ahhhh.. Somehow I was given hope that there is till love between Ganghwa X Yuri. Only, they both choose to ignore it because of Minjung. Ahhh... Like Hyeonjong unnie, I wish Minjung was evil like other step mothers.. But she is SO nice. 

However, unlike other fans, I am not even the slightest convinced that Ganghwa should end up with Minjung.

Why am I still hoping for a Ganghwa X Yuri couple:

1. After the 3 girls drank alcohol in Misaeng (Hyeonkjong´s Restaurant), we see Ganghwa still concerned about Yuri and even looking back to her even though he is holding Minjung.

2. Upon the ending, we see Geunsang X Hyeonjong talking about how Yuri DOES NOT GET DRUNK EASILY. Finally, Hyeonjong revealed to Geunsang that Yuri sobered up when Ganghwa came. :´( (I knew it, she wasńt drunk at all!) And let me quote Geunsang on this: ¨Why does it always have to be difficult for the 2 of them?¨

3. Yuri finding it difficult to look at the wedding photo of Ganghwa X Minjung.

4. Yuri stealing a SAD GLANCE as Ganghwa is walking Minjung back home.

5. FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANT HAPPENING IN EPISODE 10: Yurís call to Ganghwa.. Ganghwa upon hearing the conversation on the phone And the medics saying that bring the patient to the ER immediately, Ganghwa ran as if his life depended on it. As he was running, the flashback of what happened on the day that Yuri had her àccident and died was playing in his mind. I would personally like to say that the editing here was SO GOOD as we can see how Ganghwa felt before and now is STILL THE SAME. HE DOESŃT WANT TO LOSE HIS WIFE FOR THE 2ND TIME AROUND. Imagine being him at this moment.. He lost his wife before, and now it´s happening again. The RUSH, the  WORRY and the UNSETTLING FEAR can be clearly seen in his eyes. (Well done Lee Kyu Hyung, you are one brilliant actor). 

So fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers, is it too much for me to ask for a happy ending for Yuri X Ganghwa couple?

I`ve decided to watch again next episode. This hope that the writers hve given me.. I will hold on to it.

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

It´s so nice to have someone with the same perspective as I am:) As promised, I watched episode 10 last night via Netflix. Ahhhh.. Somehow I was given hope that there is till love between Ganghwa X Yuri. Only, they both choose to ignore it because of Minjung. Ahhh... Like Hyeonjong unnie, I wish Minjung was evil like other step mothers.. But she is SO nice. 

However, unlike other fans, I am not even the slightest convinced that Ganghwa should end up with Minjung.

Why am I still hoping for a Ganghwa X Yuri couple:

1. After the 3 girls drank alcohol in Misaeng (Hyeonkjong´s Restaurant), we see Ganghwa still concerned about Yuri and even looking back to her even though he is holding Minjung.

2. Upon the ending, we see Geunsang X Hyeonjong talking about how Yuri DOES NOT GET DRUNK EASILY. Finally, Hyeonjong revealed to Geunsang that Yuri sobered up when Ganghwa came. :´( (I knew it, she wasńt drunk at all!) And let me quote Geunsang on this: ¨Why does it always have to be difficult for the 2 of them?¨

3. Yuri finding it difficult to look at the wedding photo of Ganghwa X Minjung.

4. Yuri stealing a SAD GLANCE as Ganghwa is walking Minjung back home.

5. FINALLY AND MOST IMPORTANT HAPPENING IN EPISODE 10: Yurís call to Ganghwa.. Ganghwa upon hearing the conversation on the phone And the medics saying that bring the patient to the ER immediately, Ganghwa ran as if his life depended on it. As he was running, the flashback of what happened on the day that Yuri had her àccident and died was playing in his mind. I would personally like to say that the editing here was SO GOOD as we can see how Ganghwa felt before and now is STILL THE SAME. HE DOESŃT WANT TO LOSE HIS WIFE FOR THE 2ND TIME AROUND. Imagine being him at this moment.. He lost his wife before, and now it´s happening again. The RUSH, the  WORRY and the UNSETTLING FEAR can be clearly seen in his eyes. (Well done Lee Kyu Hyung, you are one brilliant actor). 

So fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers, is it too much for me to ask for a happy ending for Yuri X Ganghwa couple?

I`ve decided to watch again next episode. This hope that the writers hve given me.. I will hold on to it.

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

You’ve said it so well, @YuriXGanghwaFan! My thoughts exactly!

To add to your points, Yuri couldn’t even bring herself to enter GH and MJ’s bedroom, but she had to, to look for the ghost, to save her daughter. And, we saw her avoiding looking at the wedding picture of GH and MJ. 

Further more, if he is not avoiding, GH is looking so lost/ flustered at the sight of YR, and YR is avoiding him whenever she can help it. She focuses on SW to take her minds off many things, including GH. So much pent up emotions, both of them, like they are going to burst with the slight push. Wonder if the grim reaper will (unwittingly) do the job or causes it, hahaha...

We shall see the development in the next instalment. Fighting, Hi Bye, Mama!!

Hello, fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers. 

I finished watching episode 11 tonight. As you all know from my previous posts (and even my name here), I am a Ganghwa X Yuri shipper. I watched this drama hoping for them to become a family again. However, the latest episode made it so clear that Ganghwa & Yuri won’t end up together in the end. 

To cut the long story short, I am now SIGNING OFF my fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers.

My Ganghwa X Yuri shipper heart can’t take pain anymore by watching the episodes and seeing the reality that Yuri won’t be able to take her original place.

I wish HI BYE MAMA all the success it deserves!!! 

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

20200307_0953257305485555659181358.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

Hello, fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers. 

I finished watching episode 11 tonight. As you all know from my previous posts (and even my name here), I am a Ganghwa X Yuri shipper. I watched this drama hoping for them to become a family again. However, the latest episode made it so clear that Ganghwa & Yuri won’t end up together in the end. 

To cut the long story short, I am now SIGNING OFF my fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers.

My Ganghwa X Yuri shipper heart can’t take pain anymore by watching the episodes and seeing the reality that Yuri won’t be able to take her original place.

I wish HI BYE MAMA all the success it deserves!!! 

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

Hi @YuriXGanghwaFan

Netflix has only up to today’s episode for HBM. I thought there are a total of 16. Yesterday’s episode seems to indicate that Yu Ri will likely leave for heaven, but many Kdramas have twists in the last episode or at ending. Right now, I’m still confident for a happy ending, whichever way it goes. I will accept that if Yu Ri leaves, she’ll leave behind resolved issues and that everyone on earth can move on with gladness in their hearts. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for happy ending, whatever that may be.

I hope things will change to your liking eventually. If not, I hope to see you here again in KTH’s next project. Thank you for your support. Take care and stay safe! :)

5 things to know about Korean drama actress Kim Tae-hee, star of Hi Bye, Mama! and wife of K-pop star Rain

She had a secret marriage, owns a US$13 million Seoul building and a Hollywood home, is BFFs with Extreme Job actress Lee Honey … and what else?

6c3cae1e-700b-11ea-b0ed-5e14cf8eb9e1_ima

Kim Tae-hee, the Korean actress known for her goddess-like beauty, incredibly turned 40 on March 29.

Despite being in the entertainment industry since 2001 – rising to fame when she starred in Stairway to Heaven (2003) – she’s succeeded in keeping a relatively low profile.

So, it’s always exciting when we get titbits about her personality and personal life here and there. Time to get to know her a bit better.

She had a secret wedding in 2017 and now has two daughters

In January 17, 2017, Kim's now-husband, the K-pop star Rain, surprised the world by announcing their engagement. Two days later, the couple held a private ceremony and Kim wrote to her fans confirming the news and thanking them for their well wishes. At present, they have two daughters born in 2017 and in 2019.

Kim and Rain don't make a lot of public appearances together, so it was such a pleasant surprise when they became brand ambassadors for La Cloud. Recently, they filmed sweet commercials as a couple for the Italian mattress brand.

She’s BFFs with Extreme Job actress Lee Honey

Kim’s wedding bouquet was reportedly given to her best friend, Lee Honey. They went to the prestigious Seoul National University together. In an interview, Lee also revealed that Kim was a huge help in starting her career.

She owns buildings in Korea and a house in the US

Before getting married, Kim had already acquired valuable assets including a building in the expensive Seoul district of Gangnam, priced at around US$13.1 million back in 2014. Now, she owns buildings together with her husband, and recently, they made headlines when they lowered rent for tenants to ease their burdens amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last year, her agency also confirmed that Kim bought a US$2-million California home, sparking talk of a possible debut in Hollywood.

Hi Bye, Mama! is her first drama in five years

In the series, she plays a mother who stays by her daughter’s side as a ghost. She is given a chance to live again, but she has to return to her family within 49 days.

The last K-drama that Kim was in before this was Yong Pal (2015). There, she played a chaebol heiress who was placed in a medically induced coma by her enemies.

In a press conference promoting the drama, Kim revealed that of all her roles so far, she’s most similar to her Hi Bye, Mama! character Cha Yu-ri character. Aside from her love for food and being a mother, she also mentioned her simple way of thinking and her positivity are similar to her character’s.

What’s great is that it seems Kim Tae-hee isn’t planning on another hiatus after this K-drama. She says she hopes that fans look forward to her next projects – and we sure do!

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3077583/5-things-know-about-korean-drama-actress-kim-tae-hee-star

I’m BACK fellow HI BYE, MAMA followers!

Yes, I know I said goodbye after episode 11’s conclusion but my curiosity killed me :) That’s how much I love the drama <3 

Gosh this episode broke the record of how many tears I shed for every episode of HI BYE MAMA.

It is NEVER right to watch it before going to sleep because:

1.) feeling of sadness

2.) hard to fall asleep as an aftermath of the said episode

3.) blocked airways because of crying too much making it hard to breathe whilst lying down

4.) reminding of ones self not to watch HI BYE MAMA again because of the fear of not all having a happy ending

5.) waking up ugly from bawling last night because of the said episode

What to do.. I watched episode 12 3x now that’s how much I love how it was done. I believe the role of our duckling Pyo Chi Su as an exorcist made the story pick up hence the 2 revelations:

1.) To Ganghwa; that Yuri saw EVERYTHING (I’m not gonna cry again, promise)

2.) Yuri is not the only one ascending, Seowoo too

Officially, I am hooked again.

Let me end this post by saying I am STILL & FOREVER WILL BE a shipper of YURI & GANGHWA and I am really thankful to TVN for uploading the making film for ep 11-12. Our Charlie’s angels were shown (I love their friendship), Seo Woo Jin bonding a lot with Lee Kyu Hyung and the lastly.. the overflowing chemistry between Lee Kyu Hyung & Kim Tae Hee.

I wish this will not be their last project together. I wish to see them in another project (maybe a film?) and there I wish for them to end up together (because I have this strong feeling that they won’t end up together here in HI BYE MAMA..which hurts but what can we doo.. BUT the writers can make miracles guys.. so.. keep hanging on).

P.S. I do not wish our Minjeong-fans any harm but I want to confess that eventhough from a realistic point of view, it is impossible to happen, I am still hoping for Yuri & Ganghwa & Seowoo to Be a family once again. Again, I have nothing against Minjeong. It’s just that I ship Yuri & Ganghwa from the start & my heart will never change. That’s just my opinion, love you guys!

EUhFc1RXgAAqn42?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EUhFdtkXkAEhsWE?format=jpg&name=large

EUiXfi8UwAAkroW?format=jpg&name=large

EUfnv2xUUAAUh0p?format=jpg&name=large

HI BYE, MAMA FIGHTING!!!

• Like 1

@YuriXGanghwaFan welcome back!!! :wub:

I think everyone knows by now that there won’t be any HBM episodes to be shown this weekend. Instead, tvN will ‘serve’ us with Interviews, BTS scenes and apparently some deleted scenes. Watch the preview here:

LEE KYU HYUNG, KIM TAE HEE, AND MORE RESEMBLE A REAL FAMILY IN BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTOS OF “HI BYE, MAMA” – KPOPHIT

https://kpophit.com/lee-kyu-hyung-kim-tae-hee-and-more-resemble-a-real-family-in-behind-the-scenes-photos-of-hi-bye-mama-kpophit/

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nancyzak said:

@YuriXGanghwaFan welcome back!!! :wub:

I think everyone knows by now that there won’t be any HBM episodes to be shown this weekend. Instead, tvN will ‘serve’ us with Interviews, BTS scenes and apparently some deleted scenes. Watch the preview here:

@Nancyzak unnie! Thank you very much!!!

I’m sorry for being irrational last week. That’s just me being heartbroken because I know there’s no hope for my ship now. HAHA.

But, HI BYE MAMA has such a good storyline & I love Kim Tae Hee & Lee Hyu Hyung a lot! <3

YES, I am very much excited for their interviews and the Making Films! I do hope they will air these too via NETFLIX so we can watch it too! 

I will always be rooting for HI BYE MAMA, and hoping for the ending to be great! 

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!! :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

@Nancyzak unnie! Thank you very much!!!

I’m sorry for being irrational last week. That’s just me being heartbroken because I know there’s no hope for my ship now. HAHA.

But, HI BYE MAMA has such a good storyline & I love Kim Tae Hee & Lee Hyu Hyung a lot! <3

YES, I am very much excited for their interviews and the Making Films! I do hope they will air these too via NETFLIX so we can watch it too! 

I will always be rooting for HI BYE MAMA, and hoping for the ending to be great! 

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!! :) 

@YuriXGanghwaFan I discover the few times that I posted the TvN youtube/IG links here, they went unavailable in no time. Sigh. So, I have edited by posting the fan’s postings.

Yes, there is too much not to love about HBM and likewise Yuri x Gang Hwa. There’s 4 more episodes to go. I am hopeful for a great ending for all, whether Yuri remains on earth or ascending to heaven (which is also a happy event for her, as she leaves with peace and happiness and, she was loved by Gang Hwa and I’m sure she will remain forever loved in a corner of his heart for the rest of his life). Let’s watch the special programme for the interview, BTS scenes, etc ......for clues! 

• Like 1