[Current Drama 2024] Scandal - 스캔들 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

Spoiler

Han Chae Young And Daughter Kim Kyu Sun Both Become Entangled With Choi Woong In

Han Chae Young And Daughter Kim Kyu Sun Both Become Entangled With Choi Woong In "Scandal"

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Scandal” (literal title) has unveiled a sneak peek of its messy web of relationships!

“Scandal,” which stars Han Chae Young and Han Bo Reum, will tell the story of two very different women: one wants to have the world, while the other is willing to put everything on the line for revenge.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama offer a glimpse of the complicated interpersonal relationships at Jungin Entertainment, an agency led by the ambitious CEO Moon Jung In (Han Chae Young). The ruthless Moon Jung In is willing to resort to any means necessary to achieve success, and her gaze is full of desire and ambition as she looks at Seo Jin Ho (Choi Woong), an aspiring actor who signs with her agency.

After he changes his stage name to Jung Woo Jin, Seo Jin Ho’s acting career takes off, and he skyrockets to superstardom after Moon Jung In takes him under her wing.

Han-Chae-Young.jpgChoi-Woong.jpg

However, Moon Jung In isn’t the only executive at Jungin Entertainment who takes special notice of Seo Jin Ho. Her daughter Min Joo Ryun (Kim Kyu Sun), a director at the company who is vital to its success, falls in love with Jin Ho—and she isn’t shy about expressing her feelings as she attempts to seduce him. But when she notices that Jin Ho and her mother seem particularly close, an unexpected tension forms between mother and daughter.

Kim-Kyu-Sun.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Kyu-Sun-Choi-Woong.jpg

This uncomfortable quadrangle is rounded out by Kim Seok Gi (Jin Ju Hyung), a planning director at Jungin Entertainment who went to college with Joo Ryun and is secretly in love with her. Whenever Joo Ryun struggles with work or love, the smitten Seok Gi is there to offer her warm comfort—but it remains to be seen how he will react once he finds out that she’s fallen for someone else.

Spoiler

Jin-Joo-Hyung.jpgScandal-2.jpg

“Scandal” will premiere on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “The Two Sisters.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665455wpp/han-chae-young-and-daughter-kim-kyu-sun-both-become-entangled-with-choi-woong-in-scandal

• Blob 1

NEW EVENT!

Guess the K-Drama!

Hello future/ budding Sherlocks and Poirots!  :heythere:

Get ready to put on your thinking caps for we, the EO Team is back with a new event!  :yay:

Guess the K-dramas from their brief plot outlines and find out how well you know your K-dramas! Are you just one step away from being the next 'Walking K-Drama Encyclopedia! :coolshades:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

Jeon Seung Bin And Kim Jin Woo Are Brothers Who Work Together In Upcoming Drama

Jeon Seung Bin And Kim Jin Woo Are Brothers Who Work Together In Upcoming Drama "Scandal"i

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Scandal” has shared new stills of Jeon Seung Bin and Kim Jin Woo!

“Scandal” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Jeon Seung Bin will play Na Hyun Woo, a star director who achieved fame at a young age, while Kim Jin Woo will play Hyun Woo’s younger brother Na Seung Woo, who works under him as an assistant director.

The newly released stills depict Hyun Woo and Seung Woo attending the wrap party for writer Baek Seol Ah (Han Bo Reum)’s drama, where they congratulate and exchange greetings with the cast and crew. Hyun Woo, a star director recognized for his directing skills and sophisticated interpretation of works, exudes an intellectual aura with his glasses and casual attire. Additionally, his warm and affectionate conversations with his assistant director and younger brother, Seung Woo, showcase their close bond.

Seung Woo, on the other hand, looks dependable standing next to his older brother. The stills offer a glimpse of the intriguing tight bond between Seung Woo, who looks up to his older brother, and Hyun Woo, who trusts his younger brother more than anyone else.

Moreover, Hyun Woo and Seung Woo both captivate with their handsome looks, sparking curiosity about who might capture their hearts in the drama. What sort of incidents will Hyun Woo and Seung Woo become entangled in as they work together on writer Seol Ah’s drama, and how they will respond to the mysterious death that occurs at the wrap party?

scandal-1.jpg

“Scandal” will premiere on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665795wpp/jeon-seung-bin-and-kim-jin-woo-are-brothers-who-work-together-in-upcoming-drama-scandal

• Like 1

Spoiler

Han Bo Reum Is A Screenwriter Who Seeks Revenge On Her Stepmother In Upcoming Drama

Han Bo Reum Is A Screenwriter Who Seeks Revenge On Her Stepmother In Upcoming Drama "Scandal"

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Scandal” has shared new stills of Han Bo Reum!

“Scandal” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Han Bo Reum will play the vengeful screenwriter Baek Seol Ah, whose life took a dark turn after her father remarried Moon Jung In (Han Chae Young). As an adult, she became engaged to aspiring actor Seo Jin Ho (Choi Woong), who mysteriously disappeared on their wedding day.

Upon discovering that her stepmother was involved in his disappearance, Seol Ah sets out for revenge.

Ahead of the drama’s premiere, Han Bo Reum looked back on when she first received the script, saying, “I read through it nonstop up through Episode 10, which shows how fast-paced, immersive, and suspenseful the storyline is. I also felt that Seol Ah and I share a lot in common. Since this character has different charms compared to my previous roles, I think it’s a great opportunity to showcase my range as an actress.”

Describing the character, Han Bo Reum stated, “Seol Ah dedicates herself entirely to love. Her highest priority is her love for Jin Ho.” She added, “[Seol Ah] is a character who is highly determined to achieve her goals once they are set.”

Regarding her approach to embodying the character, the actress said, “I tried to vividly convey emotions like hatred, rage, and fear. While I think hatred and rage are deep-rooted in her, deep down she also feels fear due to the traumatizing loss of her father at a young age. I focused on acting out these emotions to help viewers understand the character.”

scandal2.jpgscandal1.jpgscandal_37c11e.jpg

Regarding what viewers can look forward to in the drama, Han Bo Reum highlighted the “double-layered aspect,” explaining, “Within the drama, the script Seol Ah writes is turned into a drama. Viewers will experience double the joy and freshness while watching the drama within the drama.”

She concluded by telling viewers, “‘Scandal’ encompasses various narratives, including stories of love, betrayal, and revenge, along with friendship and other entertaining elements. I’m confident that viewers won’t be able to stop watching the drama, so please tune in.”

“Scandal” will premiere on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “The Two Sisters.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666480wpp/han-bo-reum-is-a-screenwriter-who-seeks-revenge-on-her-stepmother-in-upcoming-drama-scandal

• Like 2

Han Chae Young, Han Bo Reum, Choi Woong, And More Sit Down For A Movie Premiere In

Han Chae Young, Han Bo Reum, Choi Woong, And More Sit Down For A Movie Premiere In "Scandal" Poster

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Scandal” has shared a group poster!

“Scandal” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Han Bo Reum will play the vengeful screenwriter Baek Seol Ah, whose life took a dark turn after her father remarried Moon Jung In (Han Chae Young). As an adult, she became engaged to aspiring actor Seo Jin Ho (Choi Woong), who mysteriously disappeared on their wedding day. Upon discovering that her stepmother was involved in his disappearance, Seol Ah sets out for revenge.

In the group poster featuring a movie theater backdrop, Moon Jung In, the representative of Jung In Entertainment, attends the initial screening of the her production movie “Poker Face.” She looks at the screen with a confident pose, radiating captivating and intense charisma.

Baek Seol Ah, the aspiring screenwriter behind “Poker Face,” gazes coldly at the screen, hinting at the looming revenge plot. She wears a white dress while seated beside Moon Jung In, who is dressed in black sheer attire, creating a striking juxtaposition. The contrasting outfits accentuate the tension between them as they face off. A puppy doll positioned between them, symbolizing their past mother-daughter bond, intensifies curiosity about their hidden history.

Seo Jin Ho, seated in the row right in front of Baek Seol Ah, flaunts a sharp suit and a butterfly bow tie, emanating superstar vibes. With an arm casually draped over the chair and wearing a smug expression, Min Tae Chang (Lee Byung Joon) subtly stirs tension and generates an uneasy atmosphere.

Min Joo Ryun (Kim Kyu Sun), who is holding a wine glass, and Kim Seok Gi (Jin Ju Hyung) observe the project the company is involved in with a hint of seriousness. The confident yet relaxed expressions on their faces hint at the success of Jung In Entertainment.

Na Hyeon Woo (Jeon Seung Bin), the director of “Poker Face,” looks visibly tense as he holds a bouquet of red roses at the preview. His presence with the bouquet sparks curiosity about its meaning and the intended recipient. Seated next to him, Lee Sun Ae (Lee Si Eun) holds a wine glass, showcasing her characteristic elegance, which adds to the intrigue surrounding the dynamic between Na Hyeon Woo and her role in the film.

While tightly holding hands, Choi Mi Seon (Jo Hyang Gi) and Park Il Joong (Hwang Dong Joo) wear warm smiles, suggesting an overload of sweetness. Seated beside them, their daughter Park Ji Yeon (Kim Yui) and “Poker Face” assistant director Na Seung Woo (Kim Jin Woo) share popcorn and soda, hinting at potential shifts in their relationship dynamics. Additionally, Go Eun Byeol (Oh Young Joo), holds a lollipop, fully engaged in “Poker Face,” teasing the diverse character lineup in “Scandal,” adding to the excitement for the premiere.

scandal-group-poster.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666943wpp/han-chae-young-han-bo-reum-choi-woong-and-more-sit-down-for-a-movie-premiere-in-scandal-poster

• Love 1

6 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Nouveau teaser/faits saillants pour Scandal. Alors apparemment le FL meurt à la fin ???

I wonder why they show that, it's  a huge spoiler, so the entire drama will be a flashback ? Or what? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

I wonder why they show that, it's  a huge spoiler, so the enttire drama will be a flashback ? Or what? 

I'm guessing so? Similar to Happiness Battle where the protagonist died, so the FL could find out the truth behind her death.

She’s 40 something in real life, how old would she be here? 50s? Not bad, she could hold on to the ML who’s her daughter’s age.

I think we have an amnesiac ML. I predict many missing hints to jolt his memory and we’ll be tearing our hair when he can’t remember.

The FL seemed to have scammed the SFL’s father then killed him. 

• Like 1

Watch: Han Bo Reum, Choi Woong, And Lee Byung Joon Are All Entangled With Han Chae Young In "Scandal" Highlight Teaser

D

KBS2’s upcoming weekday drama “Scandal” has released a highlight teaser!

“Scandal” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Han Chae Young plays Moon Jung In, the CEO of Jungin Entertainment, who is driven by ambition. Choi Woong stars as aspiring actor Seo Jin Ho, and Han Bo Reum plays his lover Baek Seol Ah.

The highlight teaser begins with Moon Jung In being found fallen from a rooftop. The video then gives a glimpse of Jung In’s past as she is seen having an affair with Min Tae Chang (Lee Byung Joon) and planning to kill her husband, Baek Seol Ah’s father, with him. The two ultimately succeed in murdering Seol Ah’s father, setting the stage for a shocking storyline.

After experiencing misfortune in her childhood, Seol Ah, now an adult, promises to marry aspiring actor Seo Jin Ho. However, Jin Ho stands at a crossroads, forced to choose between love and success, and he ultimately disappears on their wedding day due to an unexpected series of events.

Jin Ho then reappears as Jung Woo Jin, an actor secretly sponsored by Jung In Entertainment. Upon discovering this, Seol Ah feels betrayed and vows revenge. Later, after debuting as a scriptwriter, Seol Ah encounters her former stepmother Jung In at a wrap party. The two get into a confrontation, escalating the tension between them.

In another scene, Tae Chang warns Jin Ho, who is trying to help a fallen Jung In, “Don’t touch her. She’s not your woman.” The two men then wind up getting into a physical fight. Subsequently, Jin Ho takes Jung In’s hand as she weeps, stoking the flames of their already complicated relationship.

The intense conflict between Jung In and Seol Ah, the complex web of relationships surrounding them, and the hidden secrets behind Jung In’s death all heighten the anticipation for the drama’s premiere.

“Scandal” will premiere on June 17 at 7:50 p.m. KST. Watch the teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1667633wpp/watch-han-bo-reum-choi-woong-and-lee-byung-joon-are-all-entangled-with-han-chae-young-in-scandal-highlight-teaser

• Blob 1

22 hours ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I'm guessing so? Similar to Happiness Battle where the protagonist died, so the FL could find out the truth behind her death.

You know sometime how the first 5 minutes of the first episode shows the mid-point of the drama, and then starts with a childhood flashback? What if FL dying is the mid point of the drama?  The middle of the season could become a mystery drama where the SFL is framed for murdering her step-mother and the SFL must find out who really killed her step-mother. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kboramint said:

What if FL dying is the mid point of the drama?  The middle of the season could become a mystery drama where the SFL is framed for murdering her step-mother and the SFL must find out who really killed her step-mother. 

That's a good theory! I like it!

Spoiler

Choi Woong And Kim Kyu Sun Become Entangled In Complex Relationships In New Drama

Choi Woong And Kim Kyu Sun Become Entangled In Complex Relationships In New Drama "Scandal"

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Scandal” has shared new stills of Choi Woong and Kim Kyu Sun!

“Scandal” will tell the story of a woman who wants to have the world and another woman who risks everything for revenge. Choi Woong will take on the role of Baek Seol Ah (Han Bo Reum)’s lover Seo Jin Ho, who rises from an aspiring actor to a superstar with the help of Moon Jung In (Han Chae Young). Kim Kyu Sun will play Min Joo Ryun, the director of the planning department at Jung In Entertainment, who falls for Jin Ho. She is gripped by jealousy due to her mother Moon Jung In’s special affection toward Jin Ho.

Explaining his decision to join “Scandal,” Choi Woong shared, “Seo Jin Ho really resembles my past self, who aspired to become an actor. As a man, his thirst for success and achievement deeply resonated with me.”

When asked to describe his character using keywords, Choi Woong chose “success,” “achievement,” and “three women.” He explained, “[Seo Jin Ho] loves one woman intensely, but feels powerless because he can’t do anything for her. This fuels his ambition for success and achievement. As a result, he gets entangled with Jung In, Seol Ah, and Joo Ryun, which creates intense romantic narratives.”

Scandal2.jpeg Scandal.jpeg

Meanwhile, Kim Kyu Sun explained why she had chosen to appear in the drama by saying, “The various charms of the characters and the well-structured storyline of ‘Scandal’ appealed to me. I was captivated by the drama, and my desire to be part of it was overwhelming.”

She then compared her character to herself, noting, “As a reserved person, I find Joo Ryun so talkative.” She added, “At times, portraying her bold and energetic personality is a challenge. But as filming progresses, I’m getting more accustomed to it. And thankfully, the tone of my voice somewhat suits the character.”

Spoiler

Scandal3.jpeg

The two also discussed their chemistry with their fellow actors. Choi Woong expressed his gratitude for a joyful filming atmosphere, while Kim Kyu Sun teased that the family dynamics between Jung In, Min Tae Chang (Lee Byung Joon), and Joo Ryun would promise an immersive experience for viewers.

Choi Woong concluded, “Together with the director, staff members, and other actors, I’m trying my best to create great scenes. Please give the drama lots of interest and anticipation.” Kim Kyu Sun added, “We are making a collective effort while filming to achieve our shared goal of creating an interesting series. I hope these feelings are fully conveyed to all of you.”

Scandal1.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1667962wpp/choi-woong-and-kim-kyu-sun-become-entangled-in-complex-relationships-in-new-drama-scandal

• Like 1