[Current Drama 2024] Love Next Door/Mom’s Friend’s Son, 엄마 친구 아들-Jung Hae In & Jung So Min-Sat. & Sun. @21:20KST

larus

Watch: Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, And Yun Ji On Showcase Their Unique Charms In

Watch: Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, And Yun Ji On Showcase Their Unique Charms In "Love Next Door" Highlight Teaser

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has released a new highlight teaser video!

“Love Next Door” is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), whom Bae Seok Ryu considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life. The drama is helmed by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

The newly released teaser starts by introducing Choi Seung Hyo, who seems perfect in every way and appears to have it all—looks, personality, and ability. As he is seen triumphantly winning a swimming race, his mother says in voice-over, “Our Seung Hyo is a gift in his very existence.”

The video then shifts to Seok Ryu, who gives a presentation as a skilled professional at a top global firm. Her friend praises her by saying, “You’re a well-rounded person full of remarkable qualities.” Seok Ryu responds in surprise, “A model student in life? Am I?”

Next, experienced paramedic Jung Mo Eum (Kim Ji Eun) is seen rushing to the scene of an emergency and performing CPR on a patient. Someone says in voice-over, “By looking at you, I realized that heroes are close by, not far away from us.”

Finally, Kang Dan Ho (Yun Ji On) is shown doing push-ups while declaring, “I’d rather write good articles with my body on-site than at a desk with my mind.” He then says to himself, “I’m in trouble. I’m prone to emotions.”

Watch the full highlight teaser below!

https://www.facebook.com/tvNDrama/videos/524122926858625/?ref=embed_video

https://www.soompi.com/article/1681819wpp/watch-jung-hae-in-jung-so-min-kim-ji-eun-and-yun-ji-on-showcase-their-unique-charms-in-love-next-door-highlight-teaser

• Like 3

Jung So Min, Jung Hae In to bring laughter, youth, comfort and romance in Love Next Door; watch new clip ahead of premiere

Love Next Door has released a new clip showcasing Jung So Min and Jung Hae In’s chaotic yet loving dynamic ahead of its premiere.

Updated on Aug 16, 2024

1338575333_love-next-door-2.jpg

Love Next Door is an upcoming K-drama series starring Jung Hae In and Jung So Min in the lead roles. Ahead of its premiere, a new clip has been released by the network showcasing the dynamic relationship between the lead characters. The show's plot follows two estranged friends who reunite yet again in adulthood.

On August 16, 2024, the production team of the upcoming K-drama Love Next Door released a new video ahead of its premiere. In the video, Jung So Min and Jung Hae In’s relationship pattern is showcased, how their bickering turned into a blossoming romance. Following the classic enemies-to-lovers trope, they are both seen fighting with each other and disagreeing on everything that they talk about. 

However, they also harbor strong feelings for one another, more than they would like to admit. They are also seen sinking deep into emotional turmoil along with confusion and longing. Nevertheless, they ultimately develop feelings for each other and finally realize it before it is too late. It will be interesting to witness their hilarious interactions and passionate chemistry as the story unfolds

The show's plot follows an ambitious woman, Baek Seok Ryu, who has never failed in her life; from scoring the most marks in exams to getting her dream job. However, following an incident, she quit her job as a project manager at a big corporation. 

Baek Seok Ryu’s mother comes up with a special arrangement and sets her up with a business opportunity with her friend’s son, Choi Seung Hyo. Both their mothers encourage them to run a bathhouse together. Although both Baek Seok Ryu and Choi Seong Hyo have been childhood friends, they are not very fond of each other in adulthood. 

Apart from Jung Hae In and Jung So Min, the other cast members of the show include Park Ji Young, Jo Han Cheol, Jang Young Nam, Lee Seung Jun, Kim Geum Soon, Han Ye Ju, Jeon Seok Ho, Lee Seung Hyeop, Shim So Young and more. 

Directed by Yoo Je Won and written by Shin Ha Eun, the show is set to premiere on August 17, 2024, every Saturday and Sunday on the South Korean network, tvN. The show will also be streaming on Netflix in select regions.

Jung So Min, Jung Hae In to bring laughter, youth, comfort and romance in Love Next Door; watch new clip ahead of premiere | PINKVILLA: Korean

• Like 1

Spoiler

Jung Hae In Reunites With Jung So Min As She Desperately Tries To Hide From Her Parents In

Jung Hae In Reunites With Jung So Min As She Desperately Tries To Hide From Her Parents In "Love Next Door"

tvN’s upcoming drama “Love Next Door” has shared a new sneak peek of Jung Hae In and Jung So Min’s chaotic reunion!

“Love Next Door” is a romantic comedy created by director Yoo Je Won and writer Shin Ha Eun, who previously worked together on the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

Jung So Min will star as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In will play her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life. When they reunite at a crossroads in their lives, their relationship undergoes a change that will make viewers’ hearts flutter.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming first episode, Bae Seok Ryu has just secretly returned to Korea without telling her family when she unexpectedly runs into Choi Seung Hyo. The two childhood friends look shocked to see one another—especially Choi Seung Hyo, who couldn’t have known that Bae Seok Ryu was back in town.

Jung-Hae-In.jpegJung-So-Min.jpeg

However, the reunited duo barely has time to exchange greetings before a panicked Bae Seok Ryu catches sight of some familiar faces. When she sees her parents Na Mi Sook (Park Ji Young) and Bae Geun Sik (Jo Han Chul) approaching from afar, she hurriedly attempts to hide inside a large empty box nearby.

Jung-So-Min-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Jung-Hae-In-2.jpegJung-So-Min-3.jpeg

Despite not fully understanding the situation, Choi Seung Hyo winds up becoming roped into helping Bae Seok Ryu hide, and he valiantly tries his best to distract her parents and their neighborhood friends. But when Na Mi Sook and Bae Geun Sik notice their daughter’s pink suitcase in the middle of the road, Bae Seok Ryu quickly falls into danger of being discovered.

Spoiler

Love-Next-Door-3.jpegJo-Han-Chul-Na-Mi-Sook.jpeg

The “Love Next Door” production team teased, “Episode 1, which airs today, will depict the arrival of Bae Seok Ryu, who will shake up not only Choi Seung Hyo’s life but the entire Hyereung neighborhood. From Jung Mo Eum [Kim Ji Eun] and Kang Dan Ho [Yun Ji On]’s first meeting to the entrance of the Hyereung neighborhood family, the drama will be full of noisy chaos and fun laughs from its very first episode.”

“Love Next Door” will premiere on August 17 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Check out a highlight teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682113wpp/jung-hae-in-reunites-with-jung-so-min-as-she-desperately-tries-to-hide-from-her-parents-in-love-next-door

• Like 1

Watched the first episode.  Really liked it.  The characters have been introduced and the story has not really started.  But the episode was quite enjoyable.  Nicely shot, acted and edited.  Good comedy and indications of some good romance to follow. Will continue to watch.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Spoiler

Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Talk About

Jung Hae In And Jung So Min Talk About "Love Next Door," Whom They Feel Envious Of, And More

“Love Next Door” stars Jung Hae In and Jung So Min teamed up for a photo shoot for Elle Korea magazine!

In an interview that followed the shoot, the two actors were asked about their anticipation for the genre of their new drama. Jung So Min answered, “Since people haven’t seen Jung Hae In in a comedic role before, I think there’ll be anticipation for this new side of him. Although I have more experience in romantic comedies, I find myself relying a lot on Jung Hae In on set. He also has a lot in common with his character Seung Hyo.”

Jung Hae In commented, “It’s not that I’m aiming specifically for comedic acting, but rather that I just find the situations in the scenes to be funny. I don’t worry about them seeming cliché. I want viewers to be able to relate to [the characters] through realistic and universal acting.”

jung-hae-in-jung-so-min2.jpg

Spoiler

jung-hae-in-jung-so-min1.jpg

Regarding the charms of “Love Next Door,” Jung So Min revealed, “I’m finding a lot of comfort in filming this drama. Not only Seok Ryu and Seung Hyo, but each of the characters in the drama has their own story and overcomes challenges in their own way. I hope viewers can find similarities to their own experiences and gain strength from watching it.”

Jung Hae In also shared, “The family dynamics and the stories of each character are very heartwarming and somewhat healing. The atmosphere on set is also warm and considerate, so when the behind-the-scenes footage is released, people will likely see me laughing a lot.”

jung-hae-in-jung-so-min.jpg

When asked what kind of people they feel envious of, Jung So Min answered, “Those who are born resolute.” She added, “I try hard to appear composed even though I am anxious inside, so I envy people who are naturally calm and unshaken unless something truly disastrous happens.”

Jung Hae In replied, “When I see people who work hard in their respective fields and are recognized, I naturally feel respect, but envy is not a driving force for me. What’s important to me is whether I feel happiness through a sense of accomplishment from my work and small breaks along the way.”

jung-hae-in-jung-so-min3-1.jpg

Jung Hae In and Jung So Min’s full pictorial and interview can be found in the September issue of Elle Korea.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682053wpp/jung-hae-in-and-jung-so-min-talk-about-love-next-door-whom-they-feel-envious-of-and-more

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240818011220_Good-Partner-Love-Next-Do

"Good Partner" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As "Love Next Door" And "DNA Lover" Premiere

The weekend drama ratings battle is heating up!

tvN’s “Love Next Door” took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with a nationwide average of 4.9 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682245wpp/good-partner-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-love-next-door-and-dna-lover-premiere

• Like 2

Jung Haein and Jung Somin new stills from <Love Next Door> ep 2.  Seokryu faces the aftermath of her comeback as she attends Seunghyo’s architectural firm opening.

GVPPSPEakAA5TCa?format=jpg&name=small

GVPPOKJbwAAuodi?format=jpg&name=small

GVPPP26bYAAjjeV?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

GVPPT8Qa0AEXJD6?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Jung So Min Acts Nervous At Jung Hae In's Opening Party In

Jung So Min Acts Nervous At Jung Hae In's Opening Party In "Love Next Door"

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has shared a sneak peek of Jung So Min acting out of character at Jung Hae In’s opening party!

“Love Next Door” is a new romantic comedy from the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “Love Next Door,” Bae Seok Ryu made a dramatic return to her old neighborhood, where she was unexpectedly reunited with her childhood friend Choi Seung Hyo.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Choi Seung Hyo holds an opening party for the new headquarters of his architecture firm Atelier In. As the co-CEO, Choi Seung Hyo warmly greets the guests at the party, including the neighborhood friends of his mother Seo Hye Sook (Jang Young Nam).

However, in contrast to Choi Seung Hyo’s flawless and polished demeanor, Bae Seok Ryu acts uncharacteristically awkward as she flounders nervously at the party. Noticing that Bae Seok Ryu isn’t her usual self, Choi Seung Hyo looks closely at her as if trying to figure out what’s wrong.

Bae Seok Ryu becomes even more uncomfortable when she runs into her mother Na Mi Sook (Park Ji Young), who also doesn’t look all that pleased to see her daughter at the party.

Love-Next-Door-4.jpg

The “Love Next Door” production team teased, “If Episode 1 depicted the reunion between Bae Seok Ryu and Choi Seung Hyo, Episode 2 will depict the changes that Bae Seok Ryu’s return will bring to the Hyereung neighborhood.”

They went on to add, “You can safely look forward to the ‘platonic friend’ chemistry between Bae Seok Ryu and Choi Seung Hyo that will make viewers’ hearts flutter in a fun way, as well as the relatable stories of their families.”

The second episode of “Love Next Door” will air on August 18 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682254wpp/jung-so-min-acts-nervous-at-jung-hae-ins-opening-party-in-love-next-door

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: Love Next Door

AA1oLm3Z.img?w=640&h=427&m=6&x=92&y=55&s

by missvictrix

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Rom-com
Episode count: 16
Global Streamer: Netflix

Reasons to watch: The buzziest show of the summer is here, and I don’t mind saying that the expectations are sky-high, especially mine. Our childhood-friends-to-lovers tale is led by Jung Hae-in and Jung So-min, but the supporting cast is so exciting it’s hard not to list everyone involved. To spare you that list, I’ll just shamelessly highlight a few personal favorites like Jeon Suk-ho, Jang Young-nam, and Jo Han-chul.

As if the ensemble cast and hometown goodness weren’t enough, we have the PD who brought us Crash Course in Romance and Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (among some other favorites), and if there is one thing I love about this PD it’s the feeling of his dramas being real places inhabited by real people. Further upping the excitement, our screenwriter here also worked with our PD on Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, so the resemblance isn’t uncanny — it’s a vibe, Beanies.

Worth noting: Everybody’s favorite wingman bestie from Lovely Runner (Lee Seung-hyub as Baek In-hyuk) is also in a supporting role here playing Jung So-min’s brother, which is *chef’s kiss*

TL;DR: I’m just going to call it now and say this is going to be the next “big” drama since Queen of Tears to earn a place in the K-drama annals.

Premiere Watch: Love Next Door » Dramabeans Kdrama recaps

AA1oL94Y.img?w=580&h=841&m=6&x=169&y=100

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Love Next Door/Mom’s Friend’s Son, 엄마 친구 아들-Jung Hae In & Jung So Min-Sat. & Sun. @21:20KST
by Lily Alice, August 18, 2024
24  6

tvN's much-anticipated weekend drama Love Next Door started its run, scoring 4.89% (nationwide) and 5.85% (metropolitan), and also emerged as the most-watched in its time slot. 

Love Next Door tells the story of Bae Seok Ryu (Jung So Min), who left her job at a renowned corporation in the US and returned to Korea to reboot her life. She encounters her mom's friend's son, Choi Seung Hyo (Jung Hae In), a prominent architect, in her town. The duo, being childhood friends, know each other's embarrassing pasts. The K-drama also stars Kim Ji Eun and  Yun Ji On in lead roles. 

qY3xzP_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Love Next Door?

Episode 2 of Love Next Door will air on August 18 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

Jung Hae In and Jung So Min's "Love Next Door" Premieres with Promising Ratings - MyDramaList

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jayakris said:

Watched the first episode.  Really liked it.  The characters have been introduced and the story has not really started.  But the episode was quite enjoyable.  Nicely shot, acted and edited.  Good comedy and indications of some good romance to follow. Will continue to watch.

I also watched the first episode and thought that Jung So Min's and Jung Hae In's chemistry was very natural and good.

Not too sure about the plot though - it has a very similar premise to Welcome to Samdalri and am worried that this will feel very recycled. Will give ep 2 a try though before I make up my mind.

• Like 2

Watched Ep.2 also.  Still impressed at everything so far.  Some of the scenes are so well shot and edited.  Like when both her friends showed up for breakfast at her place.  How the lady friend jumped in next to her dad and she jumped on the chair to pull his brother's hair and all.  Everybody's acting through all those scenes were superb. The story is starting slowly but nothing boring at all, yet. 

Most importantly, there is serious chemistry between the leads so far!   Looking forward to this romance.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240818234334_Love-Next-Door-Romance-in

"Love Next Door," "Romance In The House," And "Beauty And Mr. Romantic" Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Three dramas hit new all-time ratings highs last night!

Meanwhile, “Love Next Door” saw a significant increase in viewership for its second episode, which jumped to an average nationwide rating of 6.0 percent—over a full percentage point higher than the drama’s premiere the night prior.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682457wpp/love-next-door-romance-in-the-house-and-beauty-and-mr-romantic-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 2

After 2 solid episodes I'm getting the impression our boy is/has always been in love with his childhood friend ... he just can't figure out how to push beyond their friendship.

... or maybe I'm wrong              ... but i don't think I am :rolleyes:

Off to a good start -

:approves:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Watch:

Watch: "Love Next Door" Cast Brings Energy To Set And Reflects On First Filming

tvN’s “Love Next Door” has shared a behind-the-scenes look at the first two episodes!

“Love Next Door” is a new romantic comedy from the director and writer of the hit drama “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.” Jung So Min stars as Bae Seok Ryu, a woman who tries to reboot her troubled life after it goes awry. Jung Hae In plays her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, whom she considers a dark and embarrassing chapter in her life.

Spoilers

The newly released behind-the-scenes video captures the set brimming with laughter and the cast’s excitement during their first day of filming.

In a heartwarming moment, the crew surprises Jung Hae In with a birthday celebration. After filming a scene, the cast breaks into a spontaneous rendition of “Happy Birthday,” catching Jung Hae In off guard. He can’t stop smiling, expressing his gratitude for the thoughtful gesture.

Reflecting on her return to work with the director from “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes,” Jung So Min shares, “I’m thrilled to reunite with the director and have been looking forward to working with the other actors since the script reading. I’m truly enjoying the experience and having fun.”

Jung Hae In remarks on his feelings about the first day, saying, “I felt nervous and fluttery, but it went well despite the complex emotions. The energy from the cast and crew was great, and I’m excited for what’s to come.”

Kim Ji Eun, in a light-hearted tone, comments on her first filming experience for “Love Next Door,” saying, “As usual, I felt like it was just up to me to do well.” Yun Ji On adds, “I was really nervous about the [first filming], but I’m proud because I think it went well.”

The video also shows the set’s lively atmosphere, with cast members engaging in playful ad-libs and jokes, all while trying to stifle their laughter during the impromptu comedic exchanges.

Check out the full making-of video below!

The next episode of “Love Next Door” will air on August 24 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682493wpp/watch-love-next-door-cast-brings-energy-to-set-and-reflects-on-first-filming

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

After 2 solid episodes I'm getting the impression our boy is/has always been in love with his childhood friend ... he just can't figure out how to push beyond their friendship.

... or maybe I'm wrong              ... but i don't think I am :rolleyes:

Off to a good start -

:approves:

No, You are rigth. I Think he is in love with her. Even thle last scene of ep 1 he smiled cause she is back. He knows everything will be caothic . Maybe this time he wont let her go again. 

The scene when they were at the park. OMG he brougth only a umbrella and i think it was on porpose. The way he already knows she is hiding somthing and she is depresed and sad. He asked her not to laugh but cry,. That scene made me sad. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, camichi said:

No, You are rigth. I Think he is in love with her. Even thle last scene of ep 1 he smiled cause she is back. He knows everything will be caothic . Maybe this time he wont let her go again. 

Oh no, it's clear even from episode 1. He's been in love with her since childhood.

Why does this drama remind me so much of Welcome to Samdalri :crybaby:

• Like 3