[Drama 2024] The Two Sisters - 피도 눈물도 없이 - Mon to Fri 19:50 KST

0ly40

31 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Whether they were children or not, it was that initial decision that formed the basis of Hye Ji's traumatic childhood/young adult years.  More to the point, Hye Won clearly carries guilt for it as shown in her dream.  I'd agree their parents never should've put them into a position to make such a decision, but it occurred, and Hye Won had a hand in it. 

It matters whether they are children or adults. The courts recognise an action by a child does not carry the same outcome as an adult, unless the kid has the intent as an adult. 
In HW’s case what was her intention? Envy, jealousy? If HW examined her initial intention was to protect her sister and she was taking her place, then she would not have felt guilty to see her sister as she was.

Anyway, @LeftCoastOppa you can argue as you want. We can only blame our parents or neighbours or teachers etc. up to the point when we turned into adults. Then it’s one’s choices. HJ or the writer has chosen a path of bad choices.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, maribella said:

It matters whether they are children or adults. The courts recognise an action by a child does not carry the same outcome as an adult, unless the kid has the intent as an adult. 
In HW’s case what was her intention? Envy, jealousy? If HW examined her initial intention was to protect her sister and she was taking her place, then she would not have felt guilty to see her sister as she was.

Anyway, @LeftCoastOppa you can argue as you want. We can only blame our parents or neighbours or teachers etc. up to the point when we turned into adults. Then it’s one’s choices. HJ or the writer has chosen a path of bad choices.

This isn't a legal decision - Hye Ji's life was changed because of Hye Won's decision - she was the trigger.  We've been clearly shown on multiple occasion Hye Ji blames Hye Won for what happened to her as a child, and she has every right too.  Hye Won - as we we're shown in the dream sequence - carries guilt for what she did.  Simply pointing out children can't be legally held responsible for childhood actions ignores the reality of the situation. Its ridiculous to think after what she suffered through, Hye Ji would turn 18 and suddenly say, ... Damn, I can't hold Hye Won legally responsible for the lie she told me, so I'm just going to forget all about it and go do missionary work ...

I'm not saying Hye Won is responsible for everything Hye Ji has done since entering adulthood, but she is in part responsible for Hye Ji's traumatic childhood, which has clearly shaped/hampered her adult decision making processes.

• Like 2

HJ did not just blame HW for what her mother did or did not do to her, she was also very bitter and envious that things went HW’s way, happy marriage, pregnant and loving husband. She voiced that out in the early episodes. She would turn out the same way if she had stayed with the father because the stepmother was physically and verbally abusive.  The fault of others.

HW is a different type, she does not hold a grudge against SD even though she had be unfairly punished by the stepmother. The father was blind and deaf to his daughter’s abuse. She felt guilty because she is the type to accept guilt and punishment, at least she was. Looks like, not anymore. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maribella said:

The part where HW is viewed as guilty of sending off HJ with her feckless mother is never a guilt to me. Both were children. 

And she never lied in the first place. The father planned to send HJ to a children's home anyway, HW just overheard and told her. 

40 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

And she never lied in the first place. The father planned to send HJ to a children's home anyway, HW just overheard and told her. 

You're correct, it wasn't a lie. Wrong choice of words on my part. However it was Hye Won's decision, and from what the drama has shown us, she clearly regretted it.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

HJ did not just blame HW for what her mother did or did not do to her, she was also very bitter and envious that things went HW’s way, happy marriage, pregnant and loving husband. She voiced that out in the early episodes. She would turn out the same way if she had stayed with the father because the stepmother was physically and verbally abusive.  The fault of others.

Was Hye Ji envious of Hye Won? Yes.  However, that came later after they went to war. Hye Ji's initial reaction was anger and disbelief that Hye Won had shown up in her life to ruin it ... her words ... "AGAIN"

You can speculate all you wish about what might've happened had they not switched, but what we're faced with is what we've been shown.

• Like 1

And just like that, Hye Won, golddigger step-dad, and 2 company secretaries, go full on criminal.  :glasses:

3b9ba17e-88ad-4ba3-ba7e-add8d6a6a18d_tex

So is there anyone left in this drama who now hasn't broken the law?

Only ones left that I can see are Crazy Aunt, Sane Aunt, San Duel, SD's gf, Min Jun, and Yong Ki

... and someone tell Art MIL's sister, her green fingernails aint making it

disgusted not safe for work GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Here is the ratings for Episode 81! :).

is this drama one of the lower rated ones or was elegant empire faring worse? I keep thinking that if this continues, will KBS also stop producing daily dramas like SBS or TVN?

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is this drama one of the lower rated ones or was elegant empire faring worse? I keep thinking that if this continues, will KBS also stop producing daily dramas like SBS or TVN?

Elegant empire was in the 7, 8 ect out of the three newest ones this one and The Brave Yong Soo-jung are low one. That I don't know sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

I have seen soompi posters vs ratings which don’t sync. 

I hope KBS won’t stop, I won’t have my daily giggle.

7 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

And just like that, Hye Won, golddigger step-dad, and 2 company secretaries, go full on criminal

One of them is the housekeeper’s daughter. Is she a secretary?

• Like 2

So, not to be outdone by her little sister, Hye Won moves up the criminal ladder with attempted murder, corporate malfeasance, and grand larceny.

7073712c-5401-4c52-a1d8-4f1c1080916c_tex

Unfortunately, she got San Duel's gf involved via petty crimes in stealing Hye Ji's phone. I don't think gf has enough plot armor to save her if Hye Ji takes a retaliatory shot at her ... poor San Duel :tears:  

So Hye Won decides to join arms with Art MIL's sister, who just got done betraying her, because ... why not.  I mean look at who else is on the growing list of criminals that betrayed her that she has no problem allying herself with -

- Chairman Romeo - who conspired to oust her from office, and all but kidnapped her son

- Hye Ji's female side kick ... a murderer

- The housekeepers daughter - who sold out to Hye Ji and filed false charges of murder and kidnapping against Hye Won

But yeah Hye Won, go on and tell us again how horrid Ji Eun's Mom is

full

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

She is a mobster with her henchmen. I don’t think HW has any illusions about how bad she herself will be. 

I shan’t be surprised if the doctor’s henchmen were the ones who blocked HW and Chase’ car at the end.

Something interesting coming up is that MIL’s twin gave HW a fake key, I caught that. Why get 1/2 when you can get the whole sum? How smart can HW be yo not think of that?

But it runs in the family. BDE managed to crawl out of the lift and she had to climb 10 plus floors of stairs instead of the lift because she had claustrophobia (but wasn’t she using lifts earlier on?), resulting in her losing the Chair election. I’d like to know why she did not ask to borrow the guard’s phone and alert her mates that she’s coming. Maybe get them to stall.

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

that betrayed her that she has no problem allying herself with -

- Chairman Romeo - who conspired to oust her from office, and all but kidnapped her son

- Hye Ji's female side kick ... a murderer

- The housekeepers daughter - who sold out to Hye Ji and filed false charges of murder and kidnapping against Hye Won

That is what revenges are made of, an ally today a foe tomorrow and back again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, maribella said:

She is a mobster with her henchmen. I don’t think HW has any illusions about how bad she herself will be. 

No, and add one more thing I'll blame on the writer change - When Hye Won cut the deal with Grandma, Hye was warned that as the leader of YJ Group she would slowly find herself becoming like Grandma, and thats fine in it self. I get it, the prophecy comes true and all. My problem is, was at the time Hye Won was blackmailed into the agreement, and she wanted nothing to do with Grandma's "management style" yet now she embraces it.

If the battle here was her slipping into darkness and finding a way to save the company WITHOUT resorting to Grandma's methods, then great - the Hye Ji issues aside, the drama ends as far as YJ Group is concerned, on a stable footing and Yong Ki can inherit a great company working on sound leadership and polices. But there's not even a hint of that happening.

With only 18 episodes left, Hye Won just tried to murder her sister - forget about whether Hye Ji deserves it or not for a moment, and remember the whole reason Hye Won got roped into this situation was to cover up Ji Chang's attempted murder, so Yong Ki wouldn't know his father was a killer - yet she's fine with herself as a mother becoming one? :blink:

49 minutes ago, maribella said:

That is what revenges are made of, an ally today a foe tomorrow and back again.

Yeah, I get that.  Just not that quickly - and certainly not when the supposed prize (YJ Group) is at stake.

It may sound odd, but her allying with the murderer makes the most sense insofar as she never attacked/betrayed Hye Won directly.  Chairman Romeo, Housekeepers daughter, and MIL twin all did.  ... and yes in revenge drama's it happens, I just have never seen so many get whats almost blind trust so quickly with what amounts verbal assurances. 

• Like 4

Someone said HW felt guilty for telling HJ that their Dad would send her to an orphanage.  I think it is more that she felt sorry that HJ would feel they had abandoned her.

So HW went off with Dad and he presumably would send her to an orphanage.  Then he met a rich (or richer than him) woman who could provide for them.  This was alluded to by HW's aunt.  Before Dad took HW to meet stepmum for the first time, Aunt told HW to be good to this woman who is Dad's and HW's lifeline.

Bio Mum on the other hand told HJ that HW was living the good life with her Dad, Step Mum and Step brother and wanted nothing to do with HJ.

HW asked her Dad many times over the years to find HJ but he always said that it wasn't the right time to do so.  The Aunt even berated the Dad that he didn't consider HW's feelings as she was missing her sister very much.  HW took on odd jobs while still a student to get money to pay for finding HJ.  The Aunt said, if the Dad was going to make HW look after her step-brother, he should have brought HJ.  HW would have looked after HJ.  

The parents are a piece of work.  But as Maribella says, adults can blame parents only up to a point.

Dealing with HJ, it is kill or be killed.  HJ also played havoc with her son's life and cannot be held accountable by the law.  Not saying HW is right but I too would kill her.  

And going by the wisdom of Solomon, what HJ did to YK is proof that she does not love him.  

3 hours ago, S00mp1an said:

Someone said HW felt guilty for telling HJ that their Dad would send her to an orphanage.  I think it is more that she felt sorry that HJ would feel they had abandoned her.

That someone is probably me - In the dream sequence Hye Won clearly stated she blamed herself for what she told Hye Ji as a child.  Yes, she addresses that Hye Ji didn't know the truth of the matter but the conversation leaves little doubt that Hye Won felt guilty about that decision.

3 hours ago, S00mp1an said:

HW asked her Dad many times over the years to find HJ but he always said that it wasn't the right time to do so.  The Aunt even berated the Dad that he didn't consider HW's feelings as she was missing her sister very much.  HW took on odd jobs while still a student to get money to pay for finding HJ.  The Aunt said, if the Dad was going to make HW look after her step-brother, he should have brought HJ.  HW would have looked after HJ.  

All true - which only exacerbates the absurdity of Hye Won's character flip - she spends time and personal resources going into her 30's to try and find her little sister, and yet when she finally does, albeit under some horrendous circumstances, she shows not even a hint of empathy for what her sister suffered through as a child.

This is not to say Hye Won should've forgave & forgot all Hye Ji had done up to that point, but its ridiculous for her character to straight up go to war with a sister she searched years for, all while allying herself without so much as blinking with other criminals one of which who was involved in the dramas first murder, and is in point of fact the actual murderer. 

I've said before in earlier posts, if Hye Won had approached Hye Ji in the manner she did in the dream, and Hye Ji rebuffed her, then fine - do what you have to do.  However, to this point in the drama, Hye Won hasn't made a single attempt to make peace all the while becoming more and more a criminal herself. 

They billed this drama as a tragedy, and its actually looking like just that. 

I see it ending with Hye Ji dead or institutionalized, and Hye Won in jail.  No happy ending in this one - at this point, no one left deserves it.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 3:35 AM, Lmangla said:

I highly doubt it, consider it's the biggest network in Korea. This drama has gone past 8% a few times during its run. People are also betting that the next daily will have better ratings.

• Like 1

HJ has just killed the nurse making it 3 plus assisting one. Chase seemed in distressed, would he be fourth? Poor guy, dying after being so loyal to HW.

She is a psycho. 

Would HW kill HJ herself if Chase died? Then the greedy mother and her not so bright stepfather will have raise YG.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

empathy for what her sister suffered through as a child.

She suffered too. Just in a genteel way. HJ is a bad egg. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maribella said:

Chase seemed in distressed, would he be fourth? Poor guy, dying after being so loyal to HW.

I don't think he'll die, but a near-death experience with him would drive HW even more into evil.

41 minutes ago, maribella said:

She suffered too. Just in a genteel way. HJ is a bad egg. 

Thank you for pointing this out, because everyone seems to forget this.