[Drama 2023] My Demon, 마이데몬

larus

img.gif

img.gif

c as tagged

===

A love-hate relationship that will keep you on your toes is coming to spice up your weekends!

SBS's new Fri-Sat drama 'My Demon' tells the story of a wicked chaebol heiress and a supernatural demon, whose fates become entangled through a fake marriage contract. Kim Yoo Jung returns to the small-screen as the chaebol heiress Do Do Hee, while Song Kang takes on a charming new supernatural character as the demon Jung Goo Won

As shown in the new drama teaser above, the fateful story begins when Do Do Hee makes the mistake of jumping into the ocean to save a drowning man. In the process, Do Do Hee ends up with the tattoo that contains a demon's powers!

Jung Goo Won is furious after a human steals his powers from him, but getting this human to do as he wishes isn't as easy as it seems. In fact, she turns the tables around and begins threatening him herself, hinting at the intense fight for dominance between these two strange characters connected by fate.

Taking over after the end of 'The Escape of the Seven', 'My Demon' premieres at the end of next month on November 24 at 10 PM KST! 

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2023/10/kim-yoo-jung-song-kang-begin-their-fated-love-hate-relationship-in-latest-my-demon-teaser

@Ameera Ali @partyon @rocat and @ktcjdrama:highonflowers:

here  the engsub

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

by Lily Alice, October 27, 2023
16 9

On October 27, the production team of the upcoming rom-com My Demon released a teaser showcasing the bittersweet dynamics between Do Do Hee and Jung Koo Won

The teaser begins with Do Hee extending her hand to Koo Won to save him from drowning. But, even as she is losing consciousness underwater, she does not let go, saying, "I have to let go of this man if I want to survive. It's all because of his name, Koo Won [meaning savior in Korean]." 

Then we see the black cross tattoo on Koo Won shifting to Do Hee's wrist. Koo Won, who then loses his abilities, holds Do Hee's wrist by force and claims ownership, asserting, "It might be on your wrist now, but it's mine."

However, Do Do Hee is no pushover. In response, she slaps him, flinging him like a toy. She is frustrated by Koo Won's ungratefulness as she risked her life to save him.

Do Hee doesn't believe Koo Won, who says he is a demon. To prove it to her, Koo Won grabs Do Hee's wrist to use the powers. Interestingly, when he does that, it seems his abilities resurface.

The chaebol heiress then strikes a deal with the demon telling him to become her bodyguard and threatening him with erasing the tattoo if he doesn't comply.

The teaser previews the coming of another bickering duo who promise to make us laugh non-stop.

Actress Kim Yoo Jung takes on the role of Do Do Hee, a chaebol heiress who does not trust anyone. Surrounded by enemies and having realized the realities of her harsh world early in life, she became a cynical woman.

Song Kang plays the role of the flawless yet deadly demon Jung Koo Won. As a demon who has enjoyed eternal life by making dangerous yet sweet deals with humans, he has been reigning as a predator for over 200 years, looking down on humans. However, his life takes a turn when he becomes entangled with Do Do Hee and loses his powers. This fascinating turn of events leads him to become her protector.

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-yoo-jung-and-song-kang-make-a-chaotic-bickering-duo-in-my-demon-teaser

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I liked how detailed these poster are XV = the devil (you have sold your soul to the devil)

VI = the lovers (both willing to be in their most vulnerable states to open their hearts to one another and share their truest feelings)

Based on "The Devil" poster, seems like Dohee is the one who suggested the marriage contract (with both rings on her fingers) and "The Lovers" poster, when both realize their true feelings for each other...

And they're rocking the poster! these update keeps coming in . What a pleasant surprise!:fullofhearts:

img.gif

DRAMAS

Posted by EunhaYi   2 hours ago

New Tarot inspired promotional posters for 'My Demon' hints at a compelling tale

AKP STAFF

Spoiler

1698715604-my-demon-tarot-00.jpg

Upcoming SBS drama 'My Demon', starring Kim Yoo Jung and Song Kang released a new pair of intriguing posters. 

The series centers around devilish conglomerate heiress Do Do Hee (played by Kim Yoo Jung) and Gu Won (played by Song Kang), a demon who lost his powers temporarily. The plot unfolds as Gu Won enters into a contract marriage, providing a unique twist to the tale. The narrative explores the consequences of a deal with the devil - finite happiness followed by inevitable doom. 

The new posters are themed after Tarot cards, featuring the protagonists portraying contrasting fates, thus sparking more curiosity about the forthcoming drama. In one poster, Gu Won visualized as the 'devil' attempting to capture Do Do Hee's soul stands as the focus of attention. In another, a 'Lovers' card portrays an image of the blissfully in-love couple, with the demon Guwon tenderly embracing a gleeful Do Do Hee.

'My Demon' will premiere on November 24 at 10 PM KST.

1698715630-my-demon-tarot-01.jpeg 1698715646-my-demon-tarot-02.jpeg
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Watch: Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Find Themselves Irresistibly Drawn To Each Other In “My Demon” Teasers And Posters

Oct 31, 2023
by S. Nam

SBS’s “My Demon” has unveiled new posters and character teasers!

“My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the demon-like chaebol heiress Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung) and the demon Jung Gu Won (Song Kang), who loses his powers one day, as they enter a contractual marriage. Kim Yoo Jung will be playing Do Do Hee, the heiress to Mirae Group who doesn’t trust anyone and falls in love with a demon. Song Kang will transform into the absolutely perfect and devastatingly charming demon Jung Gu Won, who lived his life of eternity making dangerous yet sweet deals with humans whose current lives are like hell by holding their souls as collateral.

The newly released tarot card posters feature the contrasting fates of Do Do Hee and Jung Gu Won. In “THE DEVIL” card, demon Gu Won is trying to take Do Do Hee’s soul as he wraps his arm around a listless Do Do Hee. Surrounding the couple are strange tree branches and a watch with the numbers one through 10 written on them, and the two rings on Do Do Hee’s hand further pique curiosity.

my-demon-1-.jpeg

In contrast, “THE LOVERS” card depict the two as sweet lovers. Gu Won affectionately pulls Do Do Hee in close, and Do Do Hee also wears a happy smile as she holds Gu Won’s hand. In the corners of the card are flowers in full bloom with sparkling rings on top, previewing their contractual marriage.

my-demon-2.jpeg

Spoiler

my-demon-3.jpeg

Furthermore, “My Demon” also dropped individual character teasers of Do Hee and Gu Won. In the first character teaser, Gu Won narrates about Do Hee, “There must be a soul out there that is so desperate, lonely, and greatly frightened that they will grab my hand when I reach out to them.” He continues, “You are the first human to keep me on my toes like this. Do Do Hee, you’re fun.”

In another character teaser, Do Do Hee narrates, “I’ve already said, but I’m married to my work. I have no interest in the slightest in men…” but she drifts off when she is taken off guard by Gu Won who swerves unexpectedly into her life. She wonders, “What’s this? This handsome crazy person.” Do Do Hee remarks, “You act like an elementary school student. It’s a compliment—it means you live youthfully.”

Spoiler

SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “My Demon” will premiere on November 24 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623185wpp/watch-song-kang-and-kim-yoo-jung-find-themselves-irresistibly-drawn-to-each-other-in-my-demon-teasers-and-posters

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Kim Yoo-jung and Song Kang become lovers in My Demon

by lovepark

my-demon-3.jpeg

Promotions continue for SBS’s upcoming fantasy romance My Demon with a new batch of posters and teasers of its leads. Starring Kim Yoo-jung (Lovers of the Red Sky) as heiress Do Do-hee and Song Kang (Forecasting Love and Weather) as demon Jung Gu-won, this unlikely couple becomes entangled in a contract marriage — but whether their union will bring salvation or ruin is yet to be seen.

The tarot-inspired posters depict Do-hee and Gu-won in all black for “the devil” card and in all white for “the lovers” one. Keeping in line with their unconventional romance, the posters hint at the uncertain nature of their relationship, and raises the question of whether or not the marriage will end well for our prickly heroine and her dangerous demon companion.

As for the two teasers, both Do-hee and Gu-won start off without paying much heed to love, but as they come in contact with each other, the tone shifts. For Do-hee’s teaser, she claims to be uninterested in men but loses her train of thought as Gu-won comes into focus. Smitten with his looks, she calls him childish and proceeds to list his contradictory characteristics.

In Gu-won’s teaser, he searches for his next target like a pawn in a chess game, but when he grabs Do-hee, it suddenly turns into a game of rock-paper-scissors. He admits to feeling nervous around her and threatens to harm anyone (including Do-hee) if they so much as touch a hair on her wrist.

Though not shown in the teasers, also appearing in the show are Lee Sang-yi (Han River Police) and Jo Hye-joo (The Secret Romantic Guesthouse) as the second leads Joo Seok-hoon and Jin Ga-young, respectively. As for the conglomerate side of things, Kim Hae-sook (Strong Girl Nam-soon) will play the CEO of Mirae group, which Do-hee is in line to inherit.

Written by Choi Ah-il (Mr. Queen) and directed by PD Kim Jang-han (You Raise Me Up, Do You Like Brahms), SBS’s My Demon premieres on November 24 in the weekend slot following 7 Escape: War for Survival.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/kim-yoo-jung-and-song-kang-become-lovers-in-my-demon/

• Like 3

9+ New K-Dramas To Watch In November 2023

Nov 1, 2023
by D. Kim

As the year gears up to come to a close, various K-dramas are now just beginning this month!

Here are some new K-dramas to check out in November:

“My Demon”

my-demon-4.jpeg

Cast: Kim Yoo Jung, Song Kang, Lee Sang Yi, Kim Hae Sook, Jo Hye Joo, Kim Tae Hoon, Jo Yeon Hee, Lee Yoon Ji, Kang Seung Ho, Seo Jeong Yeon, Heo Jung Do, etc.

Premiere Date: November 24

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST on SBS

“My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the demon-like chaebol heiress Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung) who doesn’t trust anyone and the charming demon Jung Gu Won (Song Kang), who loses his powers one day, as they enter a contractual marriage. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623181wpp/9-new-k-dramas-to-watch-in-november-2023

• Like 3

by Lily Alice, November 2, 2023
7 2

The production team of the upcoming SBS Friday-Saturday drama My Demon unveiled tarot-themed posters, teasing the contrasting fates of Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung) and Jung Koo Won (Song Kang). Hidden within the poster are tidbits that further pique curiosity about what kind of relationship Do Do Hee and Koo Won share. 

My Demon is a fantasy rom-com about a chaebol heiress, Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung), and demon Jung Koo Won (Song Kang), entering a contract marriage.

The tarot card-themed posters arouse curiosity by implying the contrasting fates of Do Do Hee and Koo Won.

In "The Devil" card, we see Koo Won trying to possess Do Do Hee's soul. Koo Won's fierce gaze and Do Do Hee's empty eyes give a dark vibe. 

Furthermore, a mysterious clock with numbers from 1 to 10 inscribed hangs on the wall covered with twisted branches, and the two rings on Do Do Hee's hand add to the intrigue.

5RA9sofYXBvvWPnHSXjeAYaJIzzJ_JBYshSKMHAW

In contrast, "The Lovers" card shows the two of them as a happy couple. Koo Won and Do Do Hees sport lovely smiles while holding hands. 

Moreover, the sparkling ring nestled among green vines and the rings on their hands are attention-grabbing.

ueXz1tWHC8hFkA0NGb9ZJ6uDJs3JhR35ZxCdvFel

The previously released teaser shows Do Do Hee making a deal with Koo Won, a demon who lost his powers to Do Hee.

The production team of My Demon stated that the coming together of the fearless and audacious chaebol heiress Do Do Hee and demon Koo Won, who lost his power, will offer a unique thrill. They promised the viewers excitement that will surpass expectations. 

My Demon will get a global premiere on Netflix on November 24.

https://mydramalist.com/article/song-kang-is-either-kim-yoo-jung-s-savior-or-her-destroyer-in-my-demon-posters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:highonflowers:

SBS drama <#MyDemon> 2nd trailer, broadcast on Nov 24.

https://youtu.be/6SzYqocFjac

img.gif

--------

@Ameera Ali @rocat  @Jloves @larus chingus This scene, I feel like we're going to have a good laugh:lol:

gJQsty.gif

GW: the 1st rule is only look at her

DH: he’s such a handsome fool

GW: the next rule is to stay away from her. but its a lie.

GW: you’re trying to use me too. human is selfish

GW: the 3rd rule is to not love her. its hard..

ENG. <My Demon> 2nd teaser

cto

• LOL 5

20231103023053_song-kang-kim-yoo-jung-3.Watch: Song Kang Finds It Difficult To Not Fall In Love With Kim Yoo Jung In “My Demon” Teaser

Nov 3, 2023
by S. Nam

SBS’s “My Demon” has unveiled a new teaser!

“My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the demon-like chaebol heiress Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung) and the demon Jung Gu Won (Song Kang), who loses his powers one day, as they enter a contractual marriage. Kim Yoo Jung will be playing Do Do Hee, the heiress to Mirae Group who doesn’t trust anyone and falls in love with a demon. Song Kang will transform into the absolutely perfect and devastatingly charming demon Jung Gu Won, who lived his life of eternity making dangerous yet sweet deals with humans whose current lives are like hell by holding their souls as collateral.

Previously, the first teaser previewed Do Do Hee suggesting that demon Jung Gu Won become her bodyguard. The newly released teaser depicts Gu Won as an on-hands bodyguard who protects Do Hee at all times.

However, Do Hee has a few rules for her bodyguard. The first is “only look at her,” and as someone who considers rules to be important, Gu Won doesn’t take his eyes off Do Hee. The second rule is “do not move away from her,” so he spends 24/7 with her, even holding her hand in the bathroom. Gu Won remarks, “This is a piece of cake. As expected, I’m amazing.”

Furthermore, it is revealed that Gu Won has surprisingly been single for approximately 200 years, which becomes more apparent with the walls he built around himself. He states, “You’re trying to use me because it’s human nature to be selfish.” Nonetheless, Gu Won finds himself shocked when Do Hee appears in front of him in a dangerous situation.

Finally, the last rule Gu Won must follow is “never fall in love with her.” Although Gu Won considered every other task to be easy, he comments, “This is difficult,” as he gazes into Do Hee’s eyes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1623929wpp/watch-song-kang-finds-it-difficult-to-not-fall-in-love-with-kim-yoo-jung-in-my-demon-teaser

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

by Lily Alice, November 3, 2023
3 0

The second teaser video of the upcoming fantasy rom-com My Demon has been unveiled.

My Demon tells the story of a chaebol heiress, Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung), and demon Jung Koo Won (Song Kang), entering a contractual marriage.

The first teaser's highlight was Do Do Hee making a deal with demon Jung Koo Won to be her bodyguard. 

Now, in the newly-released second teaser, viewers get a glimpse into the intriguing daily life of Jung Koo Won as he takes on the role of Do Do Hee's protector. 

The first rule of being Do Do Hee's bodyguard, as emphasized by Koo Won, is to "only look at her." He stares at her with determination, befitting a guardian who takes the rules seriously. Do Hee, surprisedly, questions, "What's with this handsome nutjob?"

The second rule of protection is to "not move away from her." 

Koo Won's 24/7 surveillance of Do Hee's every move evokes laughter. He expresses his confidence, saying, "This is a piece of cake. As expected, I'm amazing."

Meanwhile, Do Hee is puzzled by the strange behavior of her bodyguard, who seems to be weird in some way.

Koo Won, who has regarded humans as insignificant and ruled as the top predator for over 200 years, has been a bachelor all his life. While he initially pushes Do Hee away, stating, "You too are just trying to use me, because humans are selfish by nature," his perplexed expression seeing Do Do Hee in front of him when he is in the face of danger hints at a transformation.

The last rule of being Do Hee's bodyguard, "never develop feelings for her," adds an intriguing twist. 

Although Gu Won regarded every other rule as simple, he remarks on the last rule, saying, "This is difficult." 

My Demon will get a global premiere on Netflix on November 24.

https://mydramalist.com/article/song-kang-follows-the-rules-of-being-kim-yoo-jung-s-bodyguard-to-the-letter-in-my-demon

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

img.gif

img.gif

======

Jo Hye-joo in "My Demon"

Published on 2023/11/02 | Source

photo1731577.jpg

Actress Jo Hye-joo will appear in SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "My Demon".

SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama "My Demon" (played by Choi Ah-il, directed by Kim Jang-han and Kwon Da-som), starring Jo Hye-joo, is a fantasy romantic comedy that takes place when Do-hee (Kim You-jung), a chaebol heiress, and Goo-won (Song Kang), a 'demon' who loses his ability for a moment, get married on contract.

In the play, Jo Hye-joo stars as Jin Ga-yeong, a dancer who specializes in traditional double sword dance. Jin Ga-yeong is a character who thinks that she has been saved by meeting Goo-won, and she disapproves of Do-hee, who suddenly appears between the two.

Jo Hye-joo has become a rising star through various works such as "Search: WWW", "Reborn Rich", "The Secret Romantic Guesthouse" and others. Expectations are high for Jo Hye-joo's character expressiveness in "My Demon" as she has been under public recognition for her strong performance and wide spectrum through various works. It is also interesting to expect her to create a variety of chemistry between the characters by working closely with fellow actors such as Kim You-jung and Song Kang.

"My Demon", starring Jo Hye-joo, will premiere at 10 PM on Friday, the 24th, following "The Escape of the Seven" which is currently airing.

https://www.hancinema.net/jo-hye-joo-in-my-demon-173028.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee Yoon-ji, drama comeback after 5 years with ‘My Demon’… Confrontation with Kim Yoo-jung predicted

307115_375072_148.jpg

SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'My Demon' (written by Choi A-il, directed by Kim Jang-han) is a fantasy romantic drama that unfolds in a contract marriage between the 'devilish' conglomerate heiress Do Do-hee (played by Kim Yu-jeong) and the 'devilish' Guwon (played by Song Kang) who lost her powers for a moment. It is a comedy work.

In the play, Lee Yoon-ji plays the role of Noh Su-an, the second daughter of Mirae Group Chairman Joo Cheon-sook (Kim Hae-sook) and CEO of Mirae Apparel, showing off a fresh face that is different from her previous works. Noh Su-an is a person who is crazy about Paris, France, to the point where she is nicknamed 'Paris Su-an'. She lives alone in Paris and pretends to be noble, but she is a character with a variety of sides that are sometimes revealed by her twin sons. . In addition, the strange confrontational structure that Soo-an, who is Do Do-hee's opposite, will draw is expected to be one of the highlights of the drama.

Not only has he presented a lively charm through numerous works such as the dramas 'The King's 2 Hearts', 'The Wang Family', and 'The Third Charm', but he has also recently garnered favorable reviews from audiences and critics with the movie 'Dream Palace'. Lee Yoon-ji, who was recognized for her excellent acting skills by winning the Best Supporting Actress award at the 43rd Youngpyeong Awards and the 43rd Golden Cinematography Awards. Expectations are growing as to what kind of charm he will show off in the drama 'My Demon', which announced his comeback on the small screen five years after the JTBC drama 'The Third Charm'.

'My Demon', starring Lee Yoon-ji, will premiere at 10 PM on the 24th as a follow-up to 'Escape of the Seven'.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1007408286

https://www.sisafocus.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=307115

• Thanks 2