[Drama 2023] My Demon, 마이데몬

larus

‘My Demon’ Kim Yoo-jung ♥ Song Kang wins the 2023 Best Couple Award!

Kim Yoo-jung wins Best Couple Award despite Song Kang's absence... “Trophy in both hands” [SBS Drama Awards]

optimize

Kim Yoo-jung received the Best Couple Award alone. Starting at 8:40 pm on the 29th, the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam, hosted by MCs Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung, and actors Kim Yu-jung and Song Kang were named as the winners of the Best Couple Award.

Kim Yoo-jung received the Best Couple Award alone. Starting at 8:40 pm on the 29th, the '2023 SBS Drama Awards' was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam, hosted by MCs Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung, and actors Kim Yu-jung and Song Kang were named as the winners of the Best Couple Award.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5276061

• Like 2

‘My Demon’ Kim Yu-jung and Song Kang, Best Couple Award “It’s the first time I’ve received two trophies”

news-p.v1.20231229.6a28e5a046064e85b6685

Singer Hwasa performed a stage in memory of the late Lee Seon-gyun. The 2023 Drama Awards was held at SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul at 8:40 pm on the 29th. The event was hosted by MCs Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung.

The Best Couple Award, given to the couple who works best together in a drama, went to ‘My Demon’ Song Kang and Kim Yoo-jung. On this day, Song Kang was unable to attend due to schedule reasons. Kim Yoo-jung, who appeared on stage alone, said, “This is the first time I have received two trophies. This award is also known as an award given by fans. I feel more grateful and meaningful. “She will definitely hand over her trophy to Song Kang,” she said.

Meanwhile, the candidates for the 2023 SBS Drama Awards on this day were Lee Je-hoon from ‘Model Taxi 2’, Han Seok-gyu from ‘Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3’, Kim Tae-ri from ‘Ghost’, and Kim Rae-won from ‘The Police Station Next to the Fire Station and the National Forensic Service’.

https://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1385213?ref=naver

• Like 1

‘My Demon’ Kim Yoo-jung wins the best acting award in the mini-series melodrama/rom-com female category!

‘My Demon’ Song Kang wins the best acting award in the miniseries melodrama/romcom male category!

"I've been acting for 20 years"...Kim Yoo-jung wins 'Best Actress Award' [2023 SBS Acting Awards]

image_readtop_2023_994084_17038651815772

Actress Kim Yoo-jung won the Best Acting Award in the Miniseries Melody/Romance Category at the ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’. At 8:40 pm on the 29th, the ‘2023 SBS Drama Awards’ was held at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, hosted by Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yu-jung.

Kim Yoo-jung, who came on stage immediately after receiving her award that day, shed tears and said, “Thank you to everyone who participated in ‘My Demon’. “I am grateful to the company family and staff who helped me on set with me,” she began.

She continued, “I said I’ve been acting for 20 years this year, but I didn’t know exactly how long I had been doing. However, I think I'm looking back because there are people who keep asking and recognizing me. I want to continue acting for a long time without losing my dream. “I will work hard to become a healthy person,” she said.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2023/12/994084/

• Like 1

20231230062916_Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung-10“My Demon” And Song Kang Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 3rd Week

Dec 30, 2023
by E. Cha

SBS’s “My Demon” swept the top spots on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members!

For the third consecutive week, “My Demon” remained No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “My Demon” top the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its leads Song Kang and Kim Yoo Jung held onto their respective positions at No. 1 and No. 2 on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. SBS “My Demon”
  2. MBC “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”
  3. JTBC “Welcome to Samdalri”
  4. KBS2 “Korea-Khitan War
  5. tvN “Maestra: Strings of Truth”
  6. KBS2 “The Matchmakers”
  7. ENA “Like Flowers in Sand”
  8. ENA “Tell Me You Love Me”
  9. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
  10. KBS2 “The Elegant Empire

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Song Kang (“My Demon”)
  2. Kim Yoo Jung (“My Demon”)
  3. Lee Young Ae (“Maestra: Strings of Truth”)
  4. Im Siwan (“Boyhood”)
  5. Shin Hye Sun (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  6. Lee Se Young (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  7. Ji Chang Wook (“Welcome to Samdalri”)
  8. Bae In Hyuk (“The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”)
  9. Han So Hee (“Gyeongseong Creature”)
  10. Park Seo Joon (“Gyeongseong Creature”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634220wpp/my-demon-and-song-kang-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings-for-3rd-week

• Like 1

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Spoiler

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Enter A New Chapter Together In “My Demon”

Song Kang And Kim Yoo Jung Enter A New Chapter Together In “My Demon”

SBS’s “My Demon” has shared a sneak peek of its next episode!

“My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the contractual marriage between Do Do Hee, a demon-like chaebol heiress who doesn’t trust anyone (played by Kim Yoo Jung), and Gu Won, an actual demon who unexpectedly loses his powers (played by Song Kang).

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “My Demon,” Gu Won put his life on the line and fearlessly walked into a fire to rescue Do Do Hee—and in a miraculous turn of events, they emerged from the flames with both of their lives intact. Even more miraculously, Gu Won managed to recover his demonic powers from Do Do Hee, seemingly returning everything to its rightful place.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Gu Won and Do Do Hee blissfully arrive at work together after narrowly escaping danger. As they stare lovingly into each other’s eyes, the couple is unable to hide their fond smiles.

Meanwhile, the deity that has been watching over them in the form of a homeless woman (played by Cha Chung Hwa) fixes them with a scathing glare as she looks on from afar.

Song-Kang-Kim-Yoo-Jung.jpegKim-Yoo-Jung.jpegSong-Kang.jpeg

Spoiler

Cha-Chung-Hwa.jpeg

However, despite regaining his powers, Gu Won finds himself undergoing an unexpected change.

As he scopes out his next target for a contract, Gu Won visibly struggles with conflicting emotions, raising the question of whether the once heartless predator will be able to return to his spot at the top of the food chain.

Spoiler

Song-Kang-2.jpeg

The “My Demon” production team teased, “There will be a new change in the demon Gu Won, whose powers have returned. Please keep an eye on Gu Won’s newly changed feelings in his interactions with the humans signing contracts.”

They went on to add, “The secret of his past life, which has been shrouded in mystery, will also begin to rise to the surface.”

To find out how Gu Won changes after regaining his powers, catch the next episode of “My Demon” on January 5 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635322wpp/song-kang-and-kim-yoo-jung-enter-a-new-chapter-together-in-my-demon

Here are the ratings for Episode 11! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Heads Into Finale On No. 1 Ratings

Meanwhile, SBS’s “My Demon”—which airs in the same time slot—returned to air on an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635503wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-heads-into-finale-on-no-1-ratings

Here are the ratings for Episode 12! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ends On No. 1 Ratings

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ends On No. 1 Ratings

SBS’s “My Demon,” which airs in the same time slot as “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,” fell to an average nationwide rating of 2.9 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1635611wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-ends-on-no-1-ratings

SBS's fantasy rom-com My Demon dropped to its lowest rating of 2.9% on January 6. 

However, the K-drama has been ranking on Netflix's Global Top 10 list (non-English) for six consecutive weeks. As of December 31, My Demon ranks fourth with a total of 27.7 million viewed hours. 

XdKmbq_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama My Demon?

Episode 13 of My Demon will air on January 12 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-se-young-bae-in-hyuk-s-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-concludes-with-improved-ratings

Ah, this is one of those dramas where Korea doesn't have much interest, yet it ranks high on worldwide viewership. Always funny how that works.

Welp, I'm enjoying it! I realize there have been a lot of dramas lately with a hero who was responsible for the death of their lover in a past life, it's nothing new, but I find the characters more charismatic and interesting to watch than some of the other dramas with these same themes. I don't mean The Visuals!!! (everyone in K-ent is beautiful to look at, it's sort of a job prerequisite? although yes, they are awfully pretty), but more like how the characters act/interact. We're going into the final quarter, and it's been a fun ride so far. I hope they can stick the ending.

• Like 3

My Demon: Episodes 11-12

by alathe

Our Demon 2.0 is back to maximum battery power! And rest assured, nobody is better prepared to be annoying about it than he is. Luckily, our heroine is willing to see the cute side in the constant devilish monologuing. But their domestic bliss (with added magic) is about to be shattered by some very unfortunate dreams…

EPISODES 11-12

With his powers miraculously returned, our demon is back to doing what he does best: snapping new outfits out of thin air, monologuing on balconies, and being deeply, effervescently obnoxious. Soon, he’s gloating in front of everyone, up to and including God herself. Do-hee takes it all in good humor. She knows better than anyone that beneath the “apex predator” spiel is the guy who once got excited about the existence of tandem bikes.

Besides — these days he’s not feeling altogether apex-ey. In fact, his brush with human compassion has left him downright de-fanged. Instead of striking his usual deal-with-the-devil, the best he can do by way of wicked deeds is… erm, reuniting an Alzheimer’s patient with her beloved husband, free of charge. To his abject horror, he finds himself shedding a tear for the first time in centuries. Get thee behind me, human compassion!

Meanwhile, Do-hee the ruthless operator is back in action: with renewed determination, she vows to catch Madam Ju’s killer. Gu-won has a surprising suspect in mind: Secretary Shin. Granted, she’s been acting squirmy since that night she and Do-hee drank themselves into oblivion. Still, Do-hee trusts her with her life! Wholly and completely! But, uh… maybe they can tail her just a tiny bit. And so, our heroes commence their ever-inept detective act. To Do-hee’s horror, Secretary Shin makes her way to a secluded bench, where she’s greeted by a mysterious contact.

Unfortunately, the instant our leads come barreling indignantly out of the car… is also the instant the two figures start kissing like there’s no tomorrow. The only secret Secretary Shin has been concealing is a boyfriend: Bok-gyu! Huddling like guilty teenagers in the back of the car, they bashfully explain how they’re well into the latter stage of their enemies-to-lovers arc. Turns out, nothing says soulmates like loud drunken confessions! Later, not to be outdone in the romance department, Gu-wan takes a flower between his teeth and shoots a seductive look at Do-hee… who bursts into fits of giggles.

But it’s not all sweetness and light — there’s still our newly-crowned chairman to contend with. Suk-min offers Do-hee a two-faced kind of peace offering: a photo of Madam Ju sitting with her parents. Oodles of family trauma resurfaces. Alone with Gu-won, Do-hee confides that her parents had died on her birthday. Her father had been unexpectedly called out to work, and she’d thrown a tantrum. She’s always blamed herself for the fact that he’d rushed back. For the car crash that ensued. When Gu-won asks if there’s anything he can do for her, she insists upon just one thing. Don’t leave me. She pulls him into a hug.

Meanwhile, Suk-min sets about covering his tracks. Do-kyung, whose losing fight with a building has left him injured and humiliated, is outraged to hear that Do-hee remains alive. You failed to prove yourself, his father says. Now, there’s only one thing you can do. Take the blame. And so, bereft of all hope, Do-kyung makes his way to the police station — where he confesses to every murder his father committed.

In the awkward aftermath of their half-baked betrayal, our second leads swallow their pride. Ga-young rallies her courage, informing Do-hee that what she is about to say… is absolutely not an apology. Do-hee blinks. It feels like it sort of is. Ga-young winces, caught. Awkwardly, she plunges into series of confessions. In the end, she was envious that Do-hee had the chance to make a sacrifice for Gu-won. Her life comprehensively sucked before he came onto the scene. Do-hee nods, understanding. Ga-young cringes — all this empathy makes her look bad. Also, to be clear? Still not an apology! Do-hee can’t help but be endeared.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/my-demon-episodes-11-12/

• Like 2

Spoiler

Kim Yoo Jung And Song Kang Are Determined To Expose Kim Tae Hoon’s True Nature In “My Demon”

Kim Yoo Jung And Song Kang Are Determined To Expose Kim Tae Hoon’s True Nature In “My Demon”

“My Demon” has shared brand new stills!

SBS’s “My Demon” is a fantasy rom-com about the contractual marriage between Do Do Hee (Kim Yoo Jung), a demon-like chaebol heiress who doesn’t trust anyone, and Gu Won (Song Kang), an actual demon who unexpectedly loses his powers.

Spoilers

Previously in “My Demon,” the sudden death of Noh Do Gyeong (Kang Seung Ho) caused a huge shock. After his life was ruined due to Noh Suk Min’s (Kim Tae Hoon’s) gaslighting and Kim Se Ra’s (Jo Yeon Hee’s) neglect, Noh Do Gyeong took his own life while suffering from extreme anxiety and depression. Do Do Hee began to suspect Noh Suk Min when she saw that he was more worried about the company’s image being ruined than his son’s death.

The released stills depict the Mirae Group family having dinner together. Despite the luxurious atmosphere, there is unusual tension between Do Do Hee and Noh Suk Min. Do Do Hee is captured confronting Noh Suk Min with an unwavering attitude, while Noh Suk Min is pictured with a murderous glare on his face.

my-demon-5.jpg

my-demon-1.jpg

my-demon-3.jpg

Kim Se Ra, who is terrified that she might become Noh Suk Min’s next target, is shown staring at Noh Suk Min. As a terrified Se Ra observes her husband Noh Suk Min, Gu Won watches her closely.

Spoiler

my-demon-2.jpg

my-demon-4.jpg

In a previously released preview for the upcoming 13th episode, Noh Suk Min was seen telling Do Hee, “You think your parents died in an accident? Ju Cheon Suk (Kim Hae Sook) killed them.” It was also revealed that Gu Won had something to do with Do Do Hee’s parents’ deaths.

The production team of “My Demon” shared, “In the upcoming episode, villain Noh Suk Min will show his true colors in order to take control of Mirae Group. Also, Gu Won will try to approach Kim Se Ra after noticing her suspicious behavior.”

They continued, “Do Do Hee will face another crisis due to Noh Suk Min’s never-ending schemes. Please watch to see if Do Do Hee and Gu Won will be able to expose Noh Suk Min’s true nature and launch a counterattack.”

The next episode of “My Demon” will air on January 12 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636780wpp/kim-yoo-jung-and-song-kang-are-determined-to-expose-kim-tae-hoons-true-nature-in-my-demon

I am enjoying My Demon and actually quite obsessed with it. I like the story so far. The interactions between Song Kang and Kim Yoo Jung are fun and cute (current life) as well as romantic (the past life). They have great chemistry. I have been away from kdramas for a while and this kdrama brought me back to kdrama land after a long time. The last kdrama that I had enjoyed so much and quite obsessed with was Crash Landing in You. Tried to watch a couple after that but couldn’t really finish any of them properly. Hope My Demon can be good until the end. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 13! :).

Honey Lee’s “Knight Flower” Premieres To Highest Ratings Of Any MBC Friday-Saturday Drama Since 2021

Honey Lee’s “Knight Flower” Premieres To Highest Ratings Of Any MBC Friday-Saturday Drama Since 2021

Meanwhile, SBS’s “My Demon”—which airs in the same time slot as “Knight Flower”—earned an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637031wpp/honey-lees-knight-flower-premieres-to-highest-ratings-of-any-mbc-friday-saturday-drama-since-2021

I have watched a LOT of dramas in the past year with the past-lives theme (five including this one, just off the top of my head); it's hardly a new or inventive plot device here. But somehow My Demon seems to be weaving in the plot threads the tightest. As sad and aggravating as ep 14 was, plotwise it's really satisfying (in a painful sort of way) to see all the past choices and actions of the characters coming to an inevitable head in this episode. The deity keeps telling our demon Gu Won that fate isn't some nebulous thing that falls on your head out of nowhere; it comes directly as a result of the choices humans make. I'm glad the writers understand this principle, because it's a lot more satisfying as a viewer to watch events unfold with logical reasons than to see aliens land in chapter 14 with no good reason. (As basically happened in the last 4 past lives dramas I watched, in some way or another.) 

We make real choices in life, and they affect real people. And sometimes those real people are ones we end up caring about very, very much. As a result, those choices can either bless us both, or come back to bite us hard. I feel like the writer has done a great job of laying in all of these things and then letting them play out organically and naturally until we have the current culmination of terribleness you'd expect at the end of episode 14/16. Things aren't happening Because the Writer Said So. They're happening because the characters made choices, some of them more awful than they realized at the time. 

There are still two episodes to mess up in (I am getting quite wary of final episodes after a string of underwhelming ones lately!), but hopefully they can stick this one to the end. I know, I KNOW it's full of tropes and elements we've seen before, but the actors are doing such a great job creating vivid characters, the chemistry is all fresh and sparkly, and the production is doing a nice job of lingering on the important parts to give proper emotional resonance in key scenes. You may like this genre or not, that's up to personal taste, bit as far as the construction of the drama itself, I think they're doing a good job. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

“Knight Flower” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode + “Welcome To Samdalri” Earns Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet

SBS’s “My Demon,” which airs in the same time slot as “Knight Flower,” rose slightly to an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent ahead of the final week of its run.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637125wpp/knight-flower-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-welcome-to-samdalri-earns-its-highest-saturday-ratings-yet