[Drama 2024] Lovely Runner, 선재 업고 튀어

larus

Here is the ratings for Episode 9! :).

20240507014948_lovely-runner-7.jpeg?s=90

"Lovely Runner" Hits New Personal Best In Ratings

Lovely Runner” is on a roll!

According to Nielsen Korea, tvN’s “Lovely Runner” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.8 percent, setting a new personal best score and marking a 0.7 percent increase from the previous episode’s rating of 4.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659476wpp/lovely-runner-hits-new-personal-best-in-ratings

Spoiler

Ep 9 was the weakest of the eps so far for me, mainly because they focused so much on side character comedic stories.

• Like 1

Ep 10: Heartache

Spoiler

1. Surprised at the way the writer (or director) chose to show how Sun Jae finally believes Im Sol is from the future! Actually there were many hints from all their past interactions, not that i am complaining, but from the very 1st meeting at the pool where Im Sol told Sun Jae she loved him, I m just wondering why he didnt think back on that when he is hesitant about her really being from the future. Nevertheless, i'm still fine w how it happened, since Tae Sung gets more screen time too, haha.

2. No kiss beats ep 8 still, lol, but please keep the kisses coming! Really love all their heartfelt scenes and chemistry!

3. The bromance fight was abit too dramatic and dangerous (cue the grand music), yet i cant help but laugh.

4. There was a hint that Sun Jae didnt join Eclipse in the new future...interesting...so our lovebirds will lead a happy married life out of the limelight in the new future?!

5. How long does it take to catch that darn killer?!

6. Both leads really excel in this drama, and i think Kim Hye Yoon really portrays the sad emotions very well. I hope she gets more recognition after this drama. Byeon Woo Seok owns Sun Jae, but like i read, his company is doing more for him, compared to that of KHY, so i m glad for him too.  

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode 10! :)

.20240508015744_lovely-runner-nothing-unc

"Lovely Runner" Remains On Top + "Nothing Uncovered" Ends On Personal Best Ratings

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.8 percent, also maintaining its peak rating from the previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659762wpp/lovely-runner-remains-on-top-nothing-uncovered-ends-on-personal-best-ratings

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 1:14 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Here is the ratings for Episode 10! :)

"Lovely Runner" Remains On Top + "Nothing Uncovered" Ends On Personal Best Ratings

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 4.8 percent, also maintaining its peak rating from the previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659762wpp/lovely-runner-remains-on-top-nothing-uncovered-ends-on-personal-best-ratings

Nice, i think next week they could break into 5%.

There are so many trending posts about the drama, its definitely buzzing.

Edited by ferily
Please dont quote images. Thanks
  • Like 1

Whats your weekly routine? 

Mine looks very similar to the tweet, and I also search up reactions on Wednesday. My two favorite reactions for the drama are these two:

Lovely Runner: Episodes 9-10

by Dramaddictally

Our leads are going to college! We’ve said goodbye to school uniforms and also to adulting and landed ourselves kerplunk in the middle — and I’m welcoming the change to sweatpants and varsity jackets with open arms. Jealousies are high, truth-telling is low, and our hero’s heartbreak is through the roof. But is there any sadness that can’t be curbed by having your amor fall in your arms? Twice!?

EPISODES 9-10

LovelyRunner0910_2.jpg

Last week I asked to shelve the serial killer so we could get back to kissing, and I got my wish! No, we’re not done with the crazy cabbie altogether, but there are enough touchy-feely moments in these episodes to make up for whatever we saw of him.

To pick up where we left off, we get a glimpse of Sun-jae’s stabbing incident. Yes, it’s the same looney that attacked Sol and he’s held a grudge against Sun-jae since then because Sun-jae reported him and sent him to prison.

We learn, though, that Sol was attacked twice by the same dude. She was kidnapped by the reservoir in 2008, but the attacker went scot-free because Adult Sol went back to the future and Young Sol had no idea what happened. In 2009, he kidnapped her again! What is this guy’s problem?

It was after the 2009 incident — when Sun-jae rescued Sol a second time — that all the hubbub started. In this instance, it went down at a construction site and Sun-jae and the creeper tussled until the police showed up. And in the scuffle, Sun-jae lost his watch — you know, that one that Sol no longer has to control time travel with?

In 2023, when Sol reads the police report from 2009, she’s overcome with guilt. It’s all her fault Sun-jae died! If he hadn’t saved her, this looney bin wouldn’t hold a grudge, and then Sun-jae would still be alive! (How’s that for logic?) Anyway, for Sol, the pain is real. She sobs, wishing she’d been harmed instead of Sun-jae, as she searches for the watch.

She ends up finding it in her own house because, as the crime victim, the possessions found at the scene were returned to her at some point. The watch now reads 1:00 — meaning she’s got one more chance. At midnight, she reactivates the time travel and wakes up in 2009 — sitting atop a very tall statue on a university campus. When she attempts to get down, she falls, floats through the air for a long while, and lands in Sun-jae’s grasp. (How does this show produce such sudden and severe elation?)

But then, she hops down and runs away. It looks like her plan is to stay away from him, thus preventing him from liking her/saving her later. (Good luck with that one, Sol.) Sun-jae’s path has changed since the last time we saw him, and he’s a college student now too, majoring in PE, rather than signed with an agency already. Cue up the campus antics!

After filing a long-belated report with the police about her reservoir kidnapping, Sol runs smack into Tae-sung — who’s as cute and flirtatious as ever. (“My ex-girlfriend has gotten prettier.” Gah, why do his lines work so well on me?) It turns out his path has changed too. After graduating from high school, he successfully started an online clothing business. And now that he’s seen her, it seems like he’s not giving up on Sol. “If you wanted a memorable reunion, you succeeded,” he tells her, recognizing the older, moodier Sol straight away — and loving it.

At the same time, lovestruck Sun-jae is wondering why Sol ran away so quickly. He’s hoping with all hope that it’s because he actually stirred up some emotions in her this time. In-hyuk shuts this theory down quickly, but it doesn’t stop Sun-jae from pouring his heart into writing a song about Sol. It’s the piano ballad we heard at the beginning, which Sun-jae played at the Eclipse concert.

more

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/lovely-runner-episodes-9-10/

tvN is in discussion to hold an offline fan event following the popularity of LovelyRunner. As it's combining ent. industry & music, it's expected to have various aspects for the event. Prev. popular dramas also held fan event such as Reply 1988, Extraordinary You, School 2015: Who Are You.

• Like 1

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Confirmed To Appear On YouTube Talk Show

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Confirmed To Appear On YouTube Talk Show "Salon Drip 2"

Lovely Runner” leads Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon are set to appear together on Jang Do Yeon’s YouTube talk show “Salon Drip 2”!

On May 10, Kim Hye Yoon’s agency Artist Company unveiled the actress’s upcoming plans, which include a photoshoot for GQ magazine, interviews with overseas media, and an exciting appearance on “Salon Drip 2.”

Following suit, an official from Byeon Woo Seok’s agency VARO Entertainment shared, “Byeon Woo Seok will appear on Jang Do Yeon’s ‘Salon Drip 2,'” confirming that the dynamic duo from “Lovely Runner” will grace the show together.

Their episode is slated for recording on May 17, with the release scheduled for June.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660477wpp/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-confirmed-to-appear-on-youtube-talk-show-salon-drip-2

20240508235344_Lovely-Runner-.jpg?s=900x5 Important Moments For Kim Hye Yoon And Byeon Woo Seok In Episodes 9-10 Of "Lovely Runner"

May 12, 2024
by andyzar

Lovely Runner” is back this week with much more emotions and excitement for all of us who are earnestly rooting for Im Sol (Kim Hye Yoon) and Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok). Last week, we were left hanging on the news of Sun Jae being attacked by the man who tried to kill Sol in the past. As she frantically looks for the watch to go back in time once again, realizing that this might be her last chance to truly save Sun Jae, there were several significant moments that will probably set the path for the remaining episodes of this amazing drama. Here are five of those moments!

Warning: spoilers from episodes 9-10 ahead! 

1. Im Sol avoiding Ryu Sun Jae during her last time slip

Just a few hours after the attack and promising to change things for good as Sun Jae fights for his life, Im Sol finds herself back in the past, this time as a freshman college student. To nobody’s surprise, her first encounter with this timeline’s Sun Jae is as heart-fluttering as the previous ones, as he graciously catches her after she falls from a horse statue. However, Sol runs away immediately, not wanting to interfere anymore with his life, nor wishing for him to continue liking her. She knows that if he is involved with her, he could get hurt by the man who is still hunting her down.

lovely-runner-1.png

Though he is used to her indifference towards him, it is obvious to Sun Jae that there is something different in Sol’s expression and actions this time around. He is instinctively able to tell apart the past Sol from the future Sol. And although he is aware of her intents to stay as far away from him as possible, it looks like he is almost physically unable to not worry about her. It’s so much so that he takes petty revenge against a college student who was teasing her, and he follows her around during their school retreat. He even helps her when she accidentally gets herself in a trap, proving that no matter how much she tries, she can’t change people’s hearts, especially when it comes to Ryu Sun Jae’s.

2. Im Sol emotionally pleading to Ryu Sun Jae to stay away from her

This episode shows the birth of “Sudden Shower,” the song that Sun Jae writes while thinking about Sol, their time together, and how much he longs for her. Though at this point it is still uncertain how Sun Jae will join “Eclipse,” we know that to Ryu Sun Jae, Sol will always be someone significant. Ironically, as there is no one more important to Sol than Sun Jae, she desperately tries to make the best out of her time in the past, giving the police as much information about the assailant as possible, preparing herself with self defense weapons, and not forgetting that her main purpose this time is to make sure nobody can harm Sun Jae, not even for her sake.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1660086wpp/5-important-moments-for-kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-seok-in-episodes-9-10-of-lovely-runner

• Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (May 11, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Lovely Runner: There are many things to love about this show, but one thing that particularly tickled me this week was the commitment to acting in those fantasy dramatizations. I’m used to these kinds of parody scenes being carried by a cheeky wink-to-the-audience style of acting — self-aware and over-the-top — but it added a layer of hilarity to see all the actors really going for the dramatics (from the shorn-hair bromance to the jealously imagined tearful reunion). The actors went full melo and left the comedy to the directing, and I was heartily entertained and impressed. It helps that the cast is strong enough to carry the emotions on top of the comedy. Speaking of strong acting, that ending scene has been on a constant loop in my head, and the earnestness of Sun-jae’s “if I died saving you, it’s okay” declaration had me in literal tears. What I love about all these different iterations of the Sol/Sun-jae timeline(s) is that even when circumstances differ across various realties, their characters remain constant at their core and that’s why they keep finding their way to each other and doing everything in their power to save the other person, even at their own expense. That kind of ferocious determination is their greatest defense against the pull of fate, which is mighty but possibly less relentless than they are. I mean, have you met Sol? That girl doesn’t know the meaning of quitting, in the best way.

missvictrix

Lovely Runner: Gosh I was *NOT* ready to leave the latest version of the present day, but then I found myself totally enjoying the college storyline (with so many Cheese in the Trap vibes for me). I started to wonder where exactly we were going after a bit, but boy the payoff of that ending scene was worth it all. HOW DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS TO MY HEART.

mistyisles

Lovely Runner: I continue to marvel at how this show jumps from one emotional extreme to another without giving me whiplash. The premise may hinge on tragedy, but goodness is it ever the perfect little happy pill! I don’t know why I assumed that whatever prevents Sol from telling the future would also prevent her from telling people she was *from* the future, but I’m glad I was wrong because Sun-jae’s reaction to figuring it out — and to figuring out what it meant — was everything I didn’t know I wanted. And speaking of Sun-jae and wanting things, the biggest question this week left me with is, what does Sun-jae actually want (aside from Sol’s love)? If seeking further treatment was for his father and joining Eclipse was for In-hyuk, what direction would he choose just for himself?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-may-11-2024/

20240512193935_Kim-Hye-Yoon-Byeon-Woo-Se"Lovely Runner" And Byeon Woo Seok Top Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

May 12, 2024
by E Cha

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” swept the top spots on this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

For the first time since its premiere, “Lovely Runner” rose to No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the TV dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Lovely Runner” top the list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its stars also dominated this week’s list of the most buzzworthy cast members, where its leads took the top two spots. The cast of “Lovely Runner” swept a total of four spots out of this week’s top 10, with Byeon Woo Seok at No. 1, Kim Hye Yoon at No. 2, Song Geon Hee at No. 7, and N.Flying’s Lee Seung Hyub at No. 10.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Lovely Runner”
  2. MBC “Chief Detective 1958”
  3. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  4. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  5. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”
  6. SBS “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection
  7. MBC “Third Marriage”
  8. MBN “Missing Crown Prince
  9. KBS2 “Nothing Uncovered
  10. MBC “The Brave Yong Su Jeong”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Byeon Woo Seok (“Lovely Runner”)
  2. Kim Hye Yoon (“Lovely Runner”)
  3. Go Kyung Pyo (“Frankly Speaking”)
  4. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  6. Lee Je Hoon (“Chief Detective 1958”)
  7. Song Geon Hee (“Lovely Runner”)
  8. Im Soo Hyang (“Beauty and Mr. Romantic”)
  9. Kang Han Na (“Frankly Speaking”)
  10. Lee Seung Hyub (“Lovely Runner”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660877wpp/lovely-runner-and-byeon-woo-seok-top-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

• Like 2

Spoiler

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Begin Their Sweet Campus Romance In

Byeon Woo Seok And Kim Hye Yoon Begin Their Sweet Campus Romance In "Lovely Runner"

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has offered a sneak peek of Byeon Woo Seok and Kim Hye Yoon’s heart-fluttering date ahead of a new episode!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

The newly released stills capture Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol who spend time alone on campus during the day. Although Ryu Sun Jae has a free period, he attends lectures with Im Sol as he does not want to stay away from her even for a moment.

Lovely-Runner-01.jpeg

Spoiler

Lovely-Runner-02.jpegLovely-Runner-03.jpeg

The two confidently hold hands and walk around campus, making viewers’ hearts flutter.

Lovely-Runner-04.jpeg

In another still image below, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol enjoy a date on a spring night with cherry blossom petals fluttering around. Ryu Sun Jae romantically holds both of Im Sol’s hands from behind and tries to catch the falling petals. Im Sol’s face becomes flushed as if she is shy at Ryu Sun Jae’s sudden physical touch. Viewers are left eager to find out how their romantic date will end.

Lovely-Runner-05.jpeg

The next episode of “Lovely Runner” airs on May 13 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660979wpp/byeon-woo-seok-and-kim-hye-yoon-begin-their-sweet-campus-romance-in-lovely-runner

20240513085545_kim-hye-yoon-byeon-woo-se

Watch: Byeon Woo Seok Sweetly Takes Care Of Kim Hye Yoon On Set Of "Lovely Runner"

May 13, 2024
by S Nam

The cast of tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has extraordinary teamwork on set!

Spoilers

The newly released stills begin with Kim Hye Yoon and Byeon Woo Seok getting playful before filming. In between takes, the two enjoy snacking at the counter. When caught by the making-of camera, Kim Hye Yoon mentions, “Oppa opened it first.”

The cast continues to show great teamwork while filming together. In the scene where Im Sol’s (Kim Hye Yoon’s) house floods, the director jokes Song Geon Hee should take off his shirt in addition to his jacket. Byeon Woo Seok adds, “If you do it, the viewership ratings will go up thanks to you.”

While filming together, Byeon Woo Seok comments how warm it is to hug Kim Hye Yoon, who mentions, “[Like a] heat pack!” After an emotional performance by Kim Hye Yoon, Byeon Woo Seok comforts his co-star for a long time, so much so that the making-of video speeds up the video by four times.

For their kiss scene, the director gives detailed remarks on how to portray the scene, explaining that Byeon Woo Seok should tilt Kim Hye Yoon’s head. Kim Hye Yoon jokingly remarks, “Director, it says ‘pure kiss’ [in the script].” The director and Byeon Woo Seok further discuss how in episode 8, they’ll portray a deep kiss while maintaining a more innocent kiss for now.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661039wpp/watch-byeon-woo-seok-sweetly-takes-care-of-kim-hye-yoon-on-set-of-lovely-runner

• Like 1

20240513075122_lovely-runner-0513.jpg?s=Kim Hye Yoon And Byeon Woo Seok Face Opposition From Their Families In "Lovely Runner"

May 13, 2024
by S Kim

tvN’s “Lovely Runner” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s broadcast!

Based on a popular web novel and penned by “True Beauty” writer Lee Si Eun, “Lovely Runner” is a time-slip romance drama that asks the question: “What would you do if you had the opportunity to save your ultimate bias?” Kim Hye Yoon stars as Im Sol, a passionate fan devastated by the death of her favorite star Ryu Sun Jae (Byeon Woo Seok), who goes back in time to save him.

Spoilers

Previously, Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol finally confirmed their feelings for each other and decided to spend a happy time together until Im Sol has to go back.

The released stills capture Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol facing an unexpected crisis. Ryu Sun Jae is holding Im Sol’s face with his shirt half off, exposing his shoulder. Im Sol, who is embarrassed, does not know what to do.

lovely-runner-06.jpeg

The situation gets even more awkward when Im Sol’s family and Ryu Sun Jae’s father Ryu Geun Deok (Kim Won Hae) burst into the video rental store. Without even attempting to understand the situation, Im Geum (Song Ji Ho) rushes to Ryu Sun Jae and grabs him by the collar, and Im Sol, who is startled by her brother’s sudden behavior, tries to stop him.

lovely-runner-03_df7098.jpeg

Spoiler

lovely-runner-04_c275e6.jpeg

lovely-runner-05_c06415.jpeg

Im Sol’s mother Park Bok Soon (Jung Young Joo) and Im Geum succeed in separating Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol completely while making the room turn into a mess. Viewers are curious to find out about what will happen in the video rental shop and whether Ryu Sun Jae and Im Sol will be able to overcome the crisis amid unexpected opposition from both families.

Spoiler

lovely-runner-02_0646ab.jpeg

lovely-runner-01_94a249.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661005wpp/kim-hye-yoon-and-byeon-woo-seok-face-opposition-from-their-families-in-lovely-runner

• Like 1