[Drama 2024] Red Swan, 화인가 스캔들

larus

I love that they communicate quite well and the two of them  really show that being smart is sexy.

I laughed when Wansoo hid behind the pillar on the terrace...:D

GSvSS6ZWwAAk_0v?format=jpg&name=large

GTDdNZOawAAhX0_?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

20240724041201_red-swan-1.jpg?s=900x600&Rain Is Determined To Keep Kim Ha Neul From Any Harm In "Red Swan"

Jul 24, 2024
by J Lee

“Red Swan” has unveiled new stills capturing the complicated yet irresistible romance between Kim Ha Neul and Rain!

“Red Swan” tells the story of Oh Wan Soo (Kim Ha Neul), a former golfer who enters high society when she marries the heir of Hwain Group. After her life is threatened due to a fierce battle over succession, Wan Soo comes face-to-face with the Hwain family’s secret due to her bodyguard Seo Do Yoon (Rain).

Spoilers

In the newly released stills from the next episodes, Wan Soo and Do Yoon are depicted embracing each other against the backdrop of the night and ocean. In one photo, their facial expressions are filled with longing as their lips draw closer, while in another image, Do Yeon looks resolute, hinting at his determination to rescue her from this dire situation.

red-swan-2.jpg

red-swan1.jpg

As they navigate challenges together and delve deeper into their emotions, the evolution of their romance promises to captivate viewers’ hearts even further.

The next two episodes of “Red Swan” will be released on July 24.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1676700wpp/rain-is-determined-to-keep-kim-ha-neul-from-any-harm-in-red-swan

• Like 2

On 7/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, rocher22 said:

I love that they communicate quite well and the two of them  really show that being smart is sexy.

I almost skipped a whole week worth of episodes (ep 5 and 6) and didn't even realize my mistake at first while watching ep 7 :D Went back now.

This drama still makes me laugh so much :D

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

FFed through ep 7 and 8. Just as suspected, cheating husband always loved Wan Soo. His background and history touched me, and he's now my favorite person. I know he'll probably die by the end of this drama, but I am clinging onto the hope that he can get a happy ending.

Losing a child is the hardest thing for a couple, and it's clear that they closed up and didn't try to get through it together. That's when they drifted apart. He started cheating on her (I suspect he didn't cheat until after the death of their child - we  know his love child was from before he met Wan Soo). And she closed up.

In a way, I feel almost like the bodyguard is superfluous in this drama. Am not feeling chemistry between the leads. Cheating husband and the FL story is much more compelling to me for some reason.

Shrugs GIF

@lilyphenix @africandramalover are you still watching this?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Liked the husband in ep 8, especially the morning scene in the FL's bedroom. He was so happy.

Im glad WS hugged him in the dramatic scene with the rifle. 

YG - Do you love him''

WS - ''I do ''

YG - '' And does he love you too''

WS - '' No''. 

DoYoon was speechless. 

I just realized that we havent seen a single scene between Yong Gook and his son. Poor boy. 

GTQUmZGaYAM_NZu?format=jpg&name=small

The main leads and the chemistry during their moments...very attractive and mature...

the ''Guarding you overnight'' moment  :wub:, the boat scene...and the ninja scene with the FL's silk scarf. :D

GTQ2XFvXcAAsNc1?format=jpg&name=small

GRZDn_wa0AAKyJA?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

3 hours ago, partyon said:

@africandramalover are you still watching this?

OSCOFF!!:joy:  I love Kim Ha Neul, especially because she doesn't fail in the kiss scenes, even as a married actor. She's an undercover Park Min Young:wub:.

His background and history touched me, and he's now my favorite person

The convo hubby and his mother had pulled at my heartstrings and I'm now torn between the two men... Hubby's reaction when WanSoo put her hand up his thigh!!:tears: poor thing!! I'm a sucker for stories about couples who make their way back to each other, but I also want WanSoo and Bodyguard to eat each other up!! She'll end up with bodyguard, so they better build a solid case for them in the last two episodes.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, larus said:

Rain Is Determined To Keep Kim Ha Neul From Any Harm In "Red Swan"

I misread the title and instead of "any harm," read "warm!" What is wrong with me! jean yoon omg GIF by Kim's Convenience

@partyon I had to pause due to work (I'm on a deadline and working day and night right now), but I can't wait to catch up!!! I miss the show!!!! I stayed away from the spoilers on this page. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

15 hours ago, africandramalover said:

OSCOFF!!:joy:  I love Kim Ha Neul, especially because she doesn't fail in the kiss scenes, even as a married actor. She's an undercover Park Min Young:wub:.

I was surprised to see Rain kiss because he doesn't normally do steamy kiss scenes? :blink:

15 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I'm a sucker for stories about couples who make their way back to each other, but I also want WanSoo and Bodyguard to eat each other up!! She'll end up with bodyguard, so they better build a solid case for them in the last two episodes.

My prediction:

- Cheating hubby is the one who is dead (the preview in ep 1)

- Bodyguard and Wan Soo will have a happy ending - how they ended up falling in love I don't know, because I didn't see any build-up?

• Like 2

I was surprised to see Rain kiss because he doesn't normally do steamy kiss scenes? :blink:

He did a good kiss scene in "Welcome" from 2019, which kinda shocked me because he looks like the "I won't do kiss scenes because I'm married" type.

That group of actors bores me stiff!!:weary: like, do your job, go home and use mouthwash, if it bothers you so much! Or stick to action and elderly people roles! That's why I appreciate those actors who deliver the role without their marriage hanging over the scenes, eg Kim Hee Ae, Kim Nam Joo, Ji Jin Hee... their marriage is the last thing on my mind when they're acting because they're delivering the character.

Bodyguard and Wan Soo will have a happy ending - how they ended up falling in love I don't know, because I didn't see any build-up?

I will go so far as to project an amicable divorce... but...

I saw this problem coming.....:grimace:

On 7/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, africandramalover said:

However, they better give us compelling reasons for our leads getting together, and they better do it soon because we're halfway through and all that is clear is that the leads are hot and look hot together, which isn't good enough! Lol!

If they can give us an emotional moment like the one they gave the Hubby, they can save the loveline... otherwise,  I won't have a problem with Bodyguard dying while protecting her. Hihihi.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Red Swan: Episodes 7-8

by starrygazer

Well it has been quite a week of skullduggery! While our leading couple admit their feelings for each other, there is plenty of plotting and indeed some hints as to who are the real power players behind all of the dastardly deeds. Hold on to your popcorn because these episodes were absurdly entertaining with a great dose of humour thrown in.

EPISODES 7-8

Starting where we left off last week, Wan-soo’s brother – OH HYUN-SOO (Kim Young-pil) — was arrested for embezzlement. Mr. Han, who is taking more center stage this week, knows it was Yong-min who reported the foundation and he goes to Hyun-soo’s aid at the prosecutor’s office. Hyun-soo is very calm and seemingly clever; he already knows it was Yong-min who did this. Hyun-soo tells Mr. Han he wants access to all the fake bank accounts in his name and he will give back the evidence of bribery he has, so Mr. Han needs to get him out. It is amazing how Mr. Han insists that it wasn’t Yong-min but Do-yoon who reported the embezzlement after stealing the ledgers. Anything to protect Yong-min! Interesting.

Wan-soo is put firmly under the microscope with Mr. Han and Chairwoman Park, because Mr. Han has been whispering in the chairwoman’s ear about how this trouble had to be Do-yoon’s doing because he has the original ledgers. Chairwoman Park puts Wan-soo on the spot with pictures she has of Wan-soo when Do-yoon was comforting her after her mother had passed away. Chairwoman Park is so crass sometimes it makes me cringe, insinuating Wan-soo and Do-yoon are having an affair, and that Wan-soo is a fool for falling for her bodyguard. Wan-soo admits she asked Do-yoon to get the ledgers, and of course Chairwoman Park’s response is for Wan-soo to get them back — or she’ll fire or maybe even kill Do-yoon. *Boo-hiss*

Going for a run to their quiet spot, Wan-soo questions Do-yoon’s loyalties yet again! Wan-soo tells him she’s suspicious of him, and that she told Chairwoman Park that he took the ledgers under her orders and he needs to give them back. Overwrought Do-yoon refuses, telling her that the ledgers are all the power they have, so he isn’t giving them back. It feels like a bit of a love confession when Do-yoon vows to protect Wan-soo and get her out of her living hell. And then there’s the hug. Swoon. Wan-soo hugs him back, and this is a sign that they are back on the same page. Yey!

But skullduggery continues when we see Mr. Han manipulating Chairwoman Park into exposing Wan-soo’s “affair.” Chairwoman Park agrees to send Wan-soo and Yong-kook to Busan for a couple photoshoot, but according to their plan, Wan-soo will go first with Do-yoon. Yoon-kook and his security detail will follow the next day. Obviously, this gives Mr. Han the opportunity to get (more haha) incriminating photographs of our favorite couple.

With the lovely backdrop of the seaside of Busan, our leading couple are enjoying some one-on-one time together. All the while, Mr. Han’s henchman – Agent Jin – is catching innocent enough photos of our leading couple. But, if taken out of context (and you know they will be), our heroine will be in some hot water. Later that night in Wan-soo’s room our main couple do get a private moment together with a cute back hug, and a promise to each other that they will keep their hearts on hold for now. This cutesy moment doesn’t last for long, though, because Wan-soo is attacked as soon as Do-yoon goes out to patrol the grounds.

It seems Mr. Han’s plan was to have Wan-soo stabbed and Do-yoon to take the blame! (That is some evil scheming.) Get that popcorn ready, because the fight that ensues when Do-yoon goes to protect Wan-soo is brilliant. Not only does Do-yoon have superhuman healing, but he seems to have superhuman reflexes too, and at first blocks Agent Jin without even looking at her. *Round of applause*

Do-yoon fights off Agent Jin while Wan-soo escapes, going off to hide on a yacht. Agent Jin chases after her, with Do-yoon in pursuit, and he ultimately protects Wan-soo (who has been knocked out) and uses Jin’s own moves against her to win the fight. (Can I just mention the shot where Do-yoon punches Agent Jin in the face and the blood spatter appears on the screen made it feel so real!)

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/07/red-swan-episodes-7-8/

• Like 2

The ending was as messy as the drama.

For me the most shocking scene is when we see younger half-brother peeing in the toilet in front of his father Lawyer Han. What purpose did this scene serve?

:rainbow:

Also, why did cheating hubby have to die? He didn't kill the chairman or try to get Wansoo killed. He was only trying to protect her. Yet, everyone who was a really bad person only got a slap on their wrists... :unamused:

I was kind of FFing a lot, so am not sure if we ever saw why or how Wansoo's and hubby's child died. I think this part could have been explored more.

It's such a cop-out ending to kill the hubby in order for Wan Soo and bodyguard to be together. They could have solved it in other ways....

The editing and sound effects were bad to the end.... :unamused:

This drama has no re-watch value for me. A solid 4/10 points in the overall drama enjoyment category. A solid 10 out of 10 points in the hot mess category.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hsi4839xxpsfo4d15uh

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2024] Red Swan, 화인가 스캔들

Red Swan`s Kim Ha-neul, Jung Ji-hoon → Ki Eun-se "I was happy" Ending Thoughts

a925ed3fabc409.jpg

Kim Ha-neul, who led the drama as the icon of the Hwa family, said, "Thank you so much for loving 'Hwa family scandal' so far. Oh Wan-soo," expressing her gratitude and farewell to the viewers.

Jung Ji-hoon, who showed off spectacular action scenes as the bodyguard Seo Do-yoon, expressed his sincere gratitude, saying, "Thank you to everyone who loved 'Hwa family scandal'." Jung Gyu-woon, who played the role of Hwa family's successor Yong-guk, expressed his special affection for his character, saying, "Thank you for enjoying 'Hwa family scandal'. Thank you Yong-guk♥"

fd9d5cc2dba9d5.jpg

Seo Yi-sook, who completed the character of the chairman with overwhelming force as Park Mi-ran, the absolute leader of Hwain, said, "If you enjoyed it, we also enjoyed it and gained strength. Thank you to the staff, actors, everyone who watched it, and Disney+ who produced it," conveying her warm gratitude to the viewers as well as everyone who worked with 'Hwain Scandal'.

Ki Eun-se, who played the uninvited guest Jang Tae-ra of Hwain, conveyed her heartwarming final thoughts that fit her character, saying, "I was happy living as Tae-ra in 'Hwain Scandal'. Thank you for watching it with me until now♥" with a cute expression.

https://news.nate.com/view/20240731n30967

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=893527579484662&set=pcb.893527696151317

• Like 1

The Fall of the Absolute? 'Hwain Scandal'... Seo Yi-sook's Appearance at the Prosecution

306137_342566_4010.jpg

In 'Hwain Scandal', it was announced that Hwain's absolute leader Seo Yi-sook will receive a summons for investigation by the prosecution.

The Disney+ original series 'Hwain Scandal' is a fatal scandal drama in which Now Foundation Chairman Wan-soo (Kim Ha-neul), whose life is threatened due to an inheritance war surrounding the 1% Hwain family in Korea, and her bodyguard Do-yoon (Jung Ji-hoon) face the secret of Hwain.

According to the still cuts released by 'Hwain Scandal' ahead of the release of Episode 9, we can see Hwain's absolute leader Park Mi-ran (Seo Yi-sook), who appears to have been investigated by the prosecution.

306137_342567_4023.jpg

306137_342569_4036.jpg

As they leave the prosecutor's office, Chairman Park Mi-ran and her lawyer Han Sang-il (Yoon Je-moon) are seen being bombarded with questions from reporters. With her voluminous hair and vividly colored suit, Miran exudes a strong charisma.

However, her expression that shows her discomfort suggests to viewers that she is in a difficult situation that she cannot escape from, no matter how much she is the absolute ruler of the Hwain family. It seems that the reason Miran, who holds the immense power to do whatever she wants, is being investigated by the prosecution will be revealed in this 9th episode.

Meanwhile, Disney+'s 'Hwain Family Scandal' is scheduled to release its last episode on the 31st.

https://www.mhnse.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=306137

Jung Ji-hoon → Kim Ha-neul 'The bread exploded...'Hwa-ga Scandal', a twist behind-the-scenes still

305523_341513_477.jpg

The behind-the-scenes stills that highlight the unexpected charms of the actors released by 'Hwain Scandal' are drawing attention as they contain the actors' bright and lively unexpected charms that were not seen in the drama.

305523_341526_5123.jpg

305523_341517_4746.jpg

https://www.mhnse.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=305523

• Like 1

Spoiler

Rain, Kim Ha Neul, And More Bid Farewell To

Rain, Kim Ha Neul, And More Bid Farewell To "Red Swan" With Closing Remarks

The stars of “Red Swan” have shared their final remarks!

“Red Swan” tells the story of Oh Wan Soo (Kim Ha Neul), a former golfer who enters high society when she marries the heir of Hwain Group. After her life is threatened due to a fierce battle over succession, Wan Soo comes face-to-face with the Hwain family’s secret due to her bodyguard Seo Do Yoon (Rain).

Spoilers

The newly released stills feature Oh Wan Soo with bloodstains, underscoring the seriousness of an incident at Daejeong Palace. His fearful expression captures the intense atmosphere surrounding the event.

red-swan-still-1.jpg

Police tape and patrol cars outside Daejeong Palace similarly suggest that something serious has happened. The anxious expressions of the staff heighten the mystery about what occurred at the palace and the truth behind the gunshots heard in the middle of the night.

Spoiler

red-swan-still-2.jpg

Meanwhile, Kim Ha Neul expressed her gratitude to viewers by saying, “I’d like to sincerely thank you for giving your love to ‘Red Swan.’ This is Oh Wan Soo signing off.”

Rain, who played the bodyguard Seo Do Yoon and impressed in his action scenes, also remarked, “Thank you to everyone who supported ‘Red Swan.’”

red-swan-closing-remarks-1.jpg

Jung Gyu Woon, who played the heir Yong Guk, showed his deep affection for his character by saying, “Thank you for enjoying ‘Red Swan.’ Thank you, Yong Guk.”

Seo Yi Sook, who portrayed chairwoman Park Mi Ran, commented, “If you enjoyed the show, it made us happy and motivated. A big thank you to the cast, crew, viewers, and Disney+ for making it all possible.”

Lastly, Ki Eun Se, who played the unwelcome guest Jang Tae Ra, expressed her apprecation by saying, “It was a delightful experience living as Tae Ra of ‘Red Swan.’ Thank you for watching with us until the end.”

red-swan-closing-remarks-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1678083wpp/rain-kim-ha-neul-and-more-bid-farewell-to-red-swan-with-closing-remarks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

The ending was as messy as the drama.

That says a lot. I still haven't watched and I am mindful to not read the spoilers, but that drama has been such a mystery... I can't figure out how they got it so wrong... 👀

• Sad 1

Red Swan: Episodes 9-10 (Final)

by starrygazer

What a rollercoaster of a drama this has been! I’m almost sorry to see it end, but any more episodes and it would have been too ridiculous. This melodrama has been fun and superbly acted. And now, let’s get into the final two episodes and see just who is behind all of this backstabbing and murder.

EPISODES 9-10

Our crazy yet greedy Chairwoman Park has called a council with her sons, Yong-kook and Yong-min, to decide what is going to happen with the money left to Wan-soo from Chairman Kim. Yong-kook reminds them both the money isn’t theirs – they should stay out of it and let Wan-soo use it for a good cause. This riles up Yong-min who spits out that he will never let that happen, and he’ll report them for the slush fund activities and get them locked up before he gives up on that money. Yong-kook is incensed now, and he barks that Yong-min isn’t even part of the family – yikes – and brings up Chairman Kim’s murder. Chairwoman Park is suitably surprised, but Yong-min’s reaction is to deny knowing anything… Very suspicious!

We gain a little insight into Yong-min’s character when his wife barges into his office and throws him against a cabinet. Yong-min has been using her father’s business stocks to buy up shares in Hwa-in, and she is livid – demanding a divorce. There is a real nasty side to Yong-min when he produces pictures of her affair (which he knew about might I add) to blackmail her father into giving him the stocks. Yong-min has met his match with his wife because she tells him to return the money or she will report him — and he can send the pictures to the press. It doesn’t matter to her because they

It’s very unsettling when Yong-min goes to see Mr. Han after his argument with Yong-kook. Yong-min wants to make a plan for the money, but Mr. Han asks him why he killed Chairman Kim — wait — what?! You knew? Yong-min just continues on that he will kill Wan-soo to get the foundation from her, but then he realizes what Mr. Han just said. Yong-min says he didn’t kill Chairman Kim — he just dropped down dead. (Yeah, okay buddy that was very convincing.) Mr. Han has a flashback to the night Chairman Kim died, and Yong-min was standing over his bloody corpse with a blood drenched gold bar in his hand. Uhhh.

Trying to appease Chairwoman Park, Mr. Han goes to see her because she has a plan. Chairwoman Park’s idea is to a) have Hyun-soo launder the slush fund money for them (which will help keep Wan-soo quiet) and then b) for Hyun-soo to “take his own life” over the guilt. Mr. Han could not seem more disinterested in this plan and gets up to leave. Chairwoman Park says that Yong-min will get a small percentage of the money and they should be happy with the scraps. This really shows how she perceives both Mr. Han and Yong-min — servants that should be happy with what they’re given.

Over in camp good-guys, Do-yoon, Wan-soo, and Hyun-soo are discussing what to do with the ledgers. Do-yoon points out that this is too big for them to handle alone; they should hand over the ledgers (proof of illegality in Hwa-in) to the prosecution. Hyun-soo disagrees saying if Wan-soo gives the ledgers to the prosecution they won’t believe her and she will probably get into an “accident.” Hyun-soo rightfully points out that they don’t link the slush funds to Mr. Han or Yong-min so it wouldn’t be of any help anyway, but he wants to handle it himself because they need new evidence. They do need more evidence, but I have a bad feeling about this — especially as they leave the conversation telling each other to be careful.

A very nervous Hyun-soo turns up at the Han River to hand the ledgers over to Mr. Han, it’s a good thing Do-yoon is hidden close by using a body cam to record the whole exchange. As soon as Mr. Han gets there Hyun-soo calls Do-yoon so he can hear the conversation. Hyun-soo possibly overplays his hand here asking Mr. Han a series of questions about the slush funds, and if Mr. Han will leave Wan-soo alone if she does as he asks. After Mr. Han takes the ledgers and leaves, Do-yoon takes a breath and his eyes off Hyun-soo for a moment. Long enough for Agent Jin to swoop in and fatally attack Hyun-soo. Do-yoon chases her and manages to stab her in the back (literally), but she gets away.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/red-swan-episodes-9-10-final/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (August 3, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Red Swan: Two main feelings here. 1: Justice for Yong-kook, who quickly became my favorite character once they started treating him like an actual character instead of a cardboard cutout. 2: What the heck with dramas that bank on high-intensity attraction/romance/love that cannot be, and then drop it like a scalding dry RickRoll'D potato when they don’t need it for the plot anymore. Shame on you, Show.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-august-3-2024/