[Drama 2023] The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract, 열녀박씨 계약결혼뎐

larus

13 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I didnt watch the drama...is he the SL...

He is, and he had awesome chemistry with his co-star. Best romance in 2023. :wub:

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I admit Grandpa has me a bit confused. I don't think he's bad, but his actions to push Tae Ha into marriage and then his actions to send away the wife and hide the marriage are confusing to me.

I think grandpa knows something. He was very much for the marriage but when he later seemed to realize who she really is he has been pushing her away. For some reason he knows the true story behind her. Maybe he senses that they are in danger or smth? I mean he seems to be pretty much aware of all the shenanigans stepmom is pulling and is genuinely on his grandson's side.

There is definitely more to the story behind the painting and the watch.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract: Episodes 5-6

by DaebakGrits

Our time traveler is starting to make her mark on the modern world, but the more she stands out the more people want to bring her down. Luckily, she has accumulated more friends, and even her contract husband has become her champion. But what happens when his affection for her deepens and opens the door for his jealousy? A good time, that’s what.

EPISODES 5-6

Last we saw Yeon-woo and Tae-ha, they’d taken a nasty tumble down a steep hill, and while they’d laid passed out on the ground below, the mysterious (almost) assailant wearing the motorcycle helmet had snuck away into the woods. Don’t worry, Beanies. There’s no need to fear (just yet) for the safety of our heroes. There are more formidable threats for them to face ahead — like a serious heart condition and an evil step-mother — so it’s going to take more than a little Cliff of Doom to cause them any serious harm.

Sure enough, Tae-ha regains consciousness almost instantly, but he’s a bit too battered to carry Yeon-woo back to the Kang family estate. Thankfully, Sung-pyo locates them and — in a rather amusing twist to our expectations — gives the limp Yeon-woo a piggyback out of the woods instead of her faux husband. I mean, it’s understandable that Tae-ha, who’s sporting his own bruises on top of a heart condition — would avoid exerting himself in this situation, but I’m amused by how Sa Wol lowkey disses Tae-ha’s strength by showing her admiration for the muscular arms of the “bandit” who carried Yeon-woo out of the woods.

Not that I can fault Sa Wol for her preference; I’m 100% rooting for this wacky secondary couple. Unfortunately, it’s still hard to imagine how our time-crossed couples will attain a happy ending, and only Sung-pyo — who fell in love with Sa Wol at first sight and has read his fair share of timeslip manhwa — has come to the realization that a romance with a Joseon woman could be ill fated.

Tae-ha, on the other hand, is a little behind the curve when it comes to romance, so he isn’t thinking that far ahead just yet. Instead, he’s still processing the news that his fake wife is from Joseon, but at least he’s finally a believer. All it took was another talk with a history scholar and a review of the CCTV from the hotel where Tae-ha fished Yeon-woo out of a pool to convince Tae-ha that he’s married to a time traveler.

So now the only thing Tae-ha’s in denial about is his feelings for Yeon-woo — which makes for dreamy romantic scenes where Tae-ha gazes longingly at Yeon-woo without understanding why he’s captivated by her beauty. Leave it to a K-drama to somehow make linens and housework romantic. (Anyone else thinking of a specific tablecloth scene from King the Land?)

Yeon-woo, however, is slightly more preoccupied with her desire to return to Joseon, and although she cares for Tae-ha, it’s only when he says or does something that reminds her of her deceased husband that she pauses and looks at him through a romantic lens. These moments, however, are starting to happen more and more frequently. Also, Sa Wol is doing her part to ensure the attraction between them grows — because her running theory is that Yeon-woo needs to consummate her marriage with Tae-ha in order to return to Joseon. (Cue: A blushing — but not wholly opposed — Yeon-woo.)

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-episodes-5-6/

by Lily Alice, December 10, 2023

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract recorded 9.6% (nationwide) and 9.8% (metropolitan) for episode 6, its best-ever so far. The K-drama is inches away from double-digit ratings. 

Hopefully, the viewership numbers will hit double digits in the coming week. 

RBAdDV_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Story of Park's Marriage Contract?

Episode 7 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on December 15 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/welcome-to-samdalri-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract-my-demon-rise-to-highest-ratings

• Awesome 2

20231212093829_the-story-of-parks-marria3 Types Of Chemistry Lee Se Young Has With Bae In Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, And Yoo Seon Ho In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Dec 12, 2023

Actress Lee Se Young has impeccable chemistry with her “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” co-stars Bae In Hyuk, Joo Hyun Young, and Yoo Hyun Young!

Based on the web novel of the same name, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

From romantic chemistry to heartwarming womance chemistry, actress Lee Se Young has been adding to the fun of the drama by displaying perfect chemistry with each of her co-stars.

Here are three types of chemistry Lee Se Young has with her co-stars in “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract.”

Fluffy romantic chemistry with Bae In Hyuk

the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract.jpe

Yeon Woo tied the knot with Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) in the Joseon era, and in the present, she enters into a contract marriage with Tae Ha, who looks exactly like her husband from the Joseon era.

While Yeon Woo was affectionate toward Tae Ha in the Joseon era, she always bickers with the present-day Tae Ha, yet whenever he is going through difficulties, she becomes a source of reliable support. Particularly, as the episodes progress, Lee Se Young convincingly showcases Yeon Woo’s deepening feelings for Tae Ha, heightening expectations for their relationship.

Spoiler

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-4.jpeg

Heartwarming womance chemistry with Joo Hyun Young

Yeon Woo and Sa Wol (Joo Hyun Young) delight viewers with their friendship that transcends social status and time. Although in the Joseon era, their relationship was that of a master and servant, Yeon Woo treats Sa Wol, who came with her to the modern day, like her younger sister. Sa Wol, in turn, has unparalleled devotion to Yeon Woo. The unique relationship between the two creates a heartwarming atmosphere that encourages viewers to cheer for them.

Yeon Woo trusts and relies on Sa Wol more than anyone else, and they struggle together to return to Joseon, adding fun to the drama. Yeon Woo’s cheerful voice and loveliness that are revealed whenever she’s with Sa Wol add to the charm of her bubbly character.

lee-se-young-joo-hyun-young.jpeg

Bickering sibling chemistry with Yoo Seon Ho

Yeon Woo has extraordinary chemistry with Tae Min (Yoo Seon Ho), Tae Ha’s troublemaker half-brother. The two had unusual chemistry right from their very first encounter.

Yeon Woo and Tae Min always bicker whenever they run into each other, yet when Tae Min gets injured, Yeon Woo doesn’t hesitate to take care of him, showing off their realistic sibling chemistry. As they start working together at Midam, viewers can’t help but wonder how their relationship will change in the future.

Spoiler

yoo-seon-ho.jpeg

more

• Like 1

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Amicably Resolves Design Plagiarism Controversy

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Amicably Resolves Design Plagiarism Controversy

The production team of MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has reached an agreement with the hanbok company that accused them of using their designs without permission.

On December 12, a hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) company claimed that their designs were used without permission in the currently airing drama “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract.” Posting photos of their original designs, the company wrote, “[Our] clothing that was used without permission in ‘The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract.'”

The company added, “Once a costume is sketched as a filming prop, there are cases where it is reused over and over again [in other dramas] over time… that would be a big problem. Surely this wasn’t because you thought it was okay to surreptitiously use the design, right? You used them by mistake because they are pretty, right?”

A designer from the company also posted photos of several hanbok being modeled on the runway, along with screenshots of similar sketches that appeared in the drama. The designer wrote, “Outfits from my collection presented at Milan Fashion Week appeared in the drama. These are my designs, right?”

Later that same day, a representative from the drama’s production team announced, “We immediately apologized to the designer who posted about the hanbok designs. The issue has been resolved amicably.”

Subsequently, the designer who posted about the alleged plagiarism revealed, “I received a polite apology from the drama’s production team, along with a promise to credit the source.”

The designer added, “They say there was a communication error during the outsourcing process, and the designs provided as references were [mistakenly] used as they were. I hope it won’t be an issue anymore, so please refrain from [further] criticism.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631402wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-amicably-resolves-design-plagiarism-controversy

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, December 12, 2023
8 21

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract has come under fire due to unauthorized usage of dress designs in the K-drama.

On December 11, Hwang Yi Seol, the CEO of the contemporary hanbok brand Leesle, posted a reel on Instagram titled "Why I was surprised to see the work of a genius designer in a drama," in which she compared various hanbok designs shown in the K-drama with her collection at Milan Fashion Week.

She said, "Even though the designs appeared in the background for just 1 or 2 seconds [in the drama], I recognized them clearly. It's because they are the lines and colors that I've drawn hundreds of times, erased, cut, and perfected," Hwang said, adding, "I don't know whether I should be happy that my designs are introduced as the work of a genius Hanbok designer in the drama, or sad because my designs were used without me knowing about it."

Continuing, the designer expressed, "If they had sent a DM or an email requesting to use the designs, I would have gladly agreed without any charge."

Accompanying the statements were comparisons between her collection outfits and the sketches in The Story of Park's Marriage Contract. 

Z81b7j_2f.png

60pJgO_2f.png

Regarding the allegation, a representative from the production team shared, "We are aware of the issue. The production team is currently verifying the details."

Afterwards, the designer said, "I received an apology from the drama's team, along with a promise to credit the source. It's been said that there was miscommunication during the outsourcing process and the designs delivered as a reference were used as they were. I hope this issue won't escalate any further."

A representative from the production team also released a statement stating that they immediately apologized to the designer and that the issue is now resolved. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/mbc-apologizes-for-unauthorized-usage-of-hanbok-designs-in-the-story-of-park-s-marriage-contract

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Se Young And Joo Hyun Young Enjoy A Modern-Day Pool Experience In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young And Joo Hyun Young Enjoy A Modern-Day Pool Experience In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has shared new stills ahead of its broadcast!

Based on a web novel, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

Previously, Sa Wol (Joo Hyun Young) made chicken soup for Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha’s first night together and left the two alone so that they could enjoy a meal amidst romantic vibes.

On December 14, MBC released new stills of Park Yeon Woo and Sa Wol visiting an outdoor swimming pool for the first time since coming to modern-day Korea. Park Yeon Woo is wearing attire normally worn by haenyeos (female divers of Jeju) and goggles. She showcases a determined facial expression as she holds a fishing net over her shoulder.

Joo-Hyun-Young-Lee-Se-Young.jpeg

On the other hand, Sa Wol wears a yellow one-piece swimsuit, looking down indifferently with one arm placed on Park Yeon Woo’s shoulder.

Joo-Hyun-Young-Lee-Se-Young2.jpeg

The two, who strike majestic poses, smile brightly and enjoy playing in the water. Viewers are curious to find out why Park Yeon Woo is wearing haenyeo attire instead of a swimsuit and what will happen at the swimming pool.

Joo-Hyun-Young-Lee-Se-Young3.jpeg

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 15 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631756wpp/lee-se-young-and-joo-hyun-young-enjoy-a-modern-day-pool-experience-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Se Young Accidentally Falls Into Bed With Bae In Hyuk In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young Accidentally Falls Into Bed With Bae In Hyuk In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk are about to get viewers’ hearts racing on “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract”!

Based on the web novel of the same name, MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of the drama, Kang Tae Ha tried to deny his growing feelings for Park Yeon Woo, but he couldn’t stop himself from falling for her.

Meanwhile, Park Yeon Woo was horrified when she realized that the present-day Kang Tae Ha was destined to suffer the same fate as her husband from the Joseon era.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the romance between Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha continues to heat up. During a moment alone in a dark room, the couple unexpectedly takes a tumble and winds up falling onto the bed together.

With Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo suddenly so close they can feel each other’s breath, it remains to be seen whether the palpable tension between them will finally break.

Bae-In-Hyuk-3.jpegLee-Se-Young-4.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-3.jpeg

The drama’s production team remarked, “Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk are perfectly portraying Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha, who can make hearts flutter just by looking into each other’s eyes.”

They went on to tease, “The love line between Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha will undergo an abrupt change in today’s episode, so if you’re curious about the future of the Park-Ha couple’s relationship, please make sure to tune in.”

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 15 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631909wpp/lee-se-young-accidentally-falls-into-bed-with-bae-in-hyuk-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

Spoiler

Lee Se Young Faces A Major Crisis At Her Designer Debut Event In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Lee Se Young Faces A Major Crisis At Her Designer Debut Event In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s broadcast!

Based on a web novel, “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoiler

Previously, Park Yeon Woo received an offer to work as a guest designer at Midam from CEO Lee Mi Dam (Kim Yeo Jin) and participated in the company’s first anniversary exhibition event.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture a variety of emotions of Park Yeon Woo when an unexpected incident occurs ahead of her debut as a designer. Park Yeon Woo feels devastated when she finds out that the sleeves of her clothes are all messed up.

LSY-1.jpegLSY-2.jpeg

When people on site start exchanging various words about her and her clothes, Park Yeon Woo cannot hide her feelings of embarrassment. Viewers are curious to find out whether Park Yeon Woo will be able to overcome this crisis and take her first step as a designer successfully.

LSY-3.jpeg

Spoiler

LSY-4.jpeg

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 15 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631962wpp/lee-se-young-faces-a-major-crisis-at-her-designer-debut-event-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

• Like 1

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

They went on to tease, “The love line between Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha will undergo an abrupt change in today’s episode, so if you’re curious about the future of the Park-Ha couple’s relationship, please make sure to tune in.”

Noooo.... Don't tell me we are heading for noble idiocy. :crybaby:

• LOL 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Kicks Off 2nd Half On Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has entered the second half of its run!

On December 15, the hit time-slip romance starring Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk earned its highest viewership ratings to date for a Friday, when its ratings are usually lower than on Saturdays.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.7 percent. Not only did the show take first place in its time slot across all channels, but it was also the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632044wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-kicks-off-2nd-half-on-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet

Spoiler

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Share A Romantic Ice Cream Kiss In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Bae In Hyuk And Lee Se Young Share A Romantic Ice Cream Kiss In “The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract”

Dec 16, 2023
by E. Cha

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” has revealed a sneak peek of Bae In Hyuk and Lee Se Young’s romantic first date!

Based on the web novel of the same name, MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” is a time-slip romance drama about the contractual marriage between bachelor Kang Tae Ha (played by Bae In Hyuk) and Park Yeon Woo (Lee Se Young), who has traveled to modern day from 19th century Joseon.

Spoilers

At the end of the previous episode of the drama, Kang Tae Ha and Park Yeon Woo shared a sweet kiss that confirmed their feelings for one another.

In newly released stills from the next episode, the now-official couple goes on a cute curling date, where they wind up locking lips once again. While taking a break from curling to enjoy some ice cream, Park Yeon Woo gets some ice cream on her lips—and Kang Tae Ha reacts by leaning in for a tender kiss.

Lee-Se-Young-Bae-In-Hyuk-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Se-Young-5.jpegBae-In-Hyuk-4.jpeg

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-5.jpeg

Spoiler

Bae-In-Hyuk-2-1.jpeg

Bae-In-Hyuk-Lee-Se-Young-2-1.jpeg

The drama’s production team commented, “Lee Se Young and Bae In Hyuk created an amazing romance scene by realistically portraying the youthful and lovey-dovey vibe of a couple that’s just started dating.”

They went on to add, “Please keep a close eye on whether Park Yeon Woo and Kang Tae Ha, who have confirmed their feelings for each other with a kiss, will be able to successfully continue their romance and find a happy ending.”

The next episode of “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract” will air on December 16 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632057wpp/bae-in-hyuk-and-lee-se-young-share-a-romantic-ice-cream-kiss-in-the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract

Thoughts halfway through ep 8:

Grandpa is increasingly more confusing. Is he evil? Is is neutral? Is he good? 

Howwww is Tae Ha's heart condition a secret?! He has a slash up his entire chest from heart surgery! And why on earth won't he simply go see a doctor? Why is having a heart condition a danger to his job? Doesn't he just sit at a desk? (Yes, yes, I know--dramaland. But still, there is a limited number of logic questions a person can ignore at one time.)

It's cute how the leads are now liking each other. When she told him at the end of ep 7 that yes, she liked her first husband, but that when she looks at 2023 Tae Ha, she just sees 2023 Tae Ha...that melted him. Aw. 

Yeon Woo and her bestie need to stay in New Joseon, though. They have so many talents that are underappreciated back in Old Joseon. At this point if it was me, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to STAY, not find a way back.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOO on the noble idiocy!!

ETA: One thing the show does well is to constantly remind us that the two girls are time travelers. True, their talents fit better in New Joseon. But you never confuse them for modern day people, as the story is always careful to show us the world through their Joseon eyes. (Still, I hope they can stay in the present!)

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 8! :).

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

“Welcome To Samdalri” And “Maestra: Strings Of Truth” Ratings Hit New All-Time Highs

MBC’s “The Story of Park’s Marriage Contract,” which airs in the same time slot as “My Demon,” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 8.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632105wpp/welcome-to-samdalri-and-maestra-strings-of-truth-ratings-hit-new-all-time-highs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Grandpa is increasingly more confusing. Is he evil? Is is neutral? Is he good? 

I still don't think he's evil. I think he's trying to protect his grandson.

It's cute how the leads are now liking each other. When she told him at the end of ep 7 that yes, she liked her first husband, but that when she looks at 2023 Tae Ha, she just sees 2023 Tae Ha...that melted him. Aw. 

Yes, this is why I think that she won't be returning to Joseon anymore. She will stay in "New Joseon" in the end. Even though I do have to admit that I really REALLY liked the Joseon era Tae Ha more than the 2023 Tae Ha. He was more mature and thoughtful than 2023 Tae Ha and really understood Jeon Woo from the start.

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOO on the noble idiocy!!

This. :unamused: Glad it didn't last throughout the whole episode. But it was still unnecessary.

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, December 16, 2023

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract also witnessed a drop. The K-drama fell to a nationwide 8.7%  for episode 7, from its highest rating of 9.6%. 

The K-drama commences its second half with single-digit viewership. 

jQXdDv_2f.png

Episode 8 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on December 16 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

The MBC rom-com The Story of Park's Marriage Contract dropped to a nationwide rating of 8% (episode 8) from 8.7% (episode 7). 

The K-drama was close to securing double-digit ratings after scoring 9.6% for episode 6. But the unexpected drop poses a challenge for The Story of Park's Marriage Contract to reach double-digit viewership. 

WPm0xW_2f.png

Episode 9 of The Story of Park's Marriage Contract will air on December 22 (Friday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/welcome-to-samdalri-and-my-demon-achieve-best-ever-ratings

• Like 1