[movie 2005] Welcome To Dongmakgol 웰컴 투 동막골

Ha Tinh Nhi

Guest HT2791

the girl was cute ^_^

and when i saw her on Love letter, even better ^_^!

movies good, i think im going to upload it

nevermind i forgot to put it on my external hard drive, so now the movies on my computer in another state :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the girl was cute ^_^

and when i saw her on Love letter, even better ^_^!

was she on love letter? i thought that was just shim eun jin imitating her.

the movie was incredible, i was laughing like crazy until the middle where i started crying like crazy. so so so good. every bit worth the almost 10 hours of downloading it.

i really loved the movie. It was both funny and sad.

The parts i loved were when the villagers were standing on the the platform while the soldiers were pointing guns and grenades at each other and then when day came the villagers just walked away. And the boar scene was pretty funny.

However, my favourite part in the whole movie was the part when the Taeki-gi thought that it was the South which invaded the North, when it was other way around. When he finds out he says "I just went south

because they told me to" - such a powerful, yet saddening line.... sorry if i ruined it for anyone.

I just finished watching this movie, I really, really like this movie. It's so funny, yet moving and sad. I really liked the first half of the film as it was just funny but the second half was so sad like all war films :-(

Guest sparkzy

i simple ADORE this movie!!

another wonderful, flawless performance by kang hye kyung!!! and the friendship which develops amongst the soldiers was powerful!

Guest sweet_treats1812

this movie was good~ it really touched me how they all became such good friends after that incident with the wild boar (which was a funny scene :D )..and it touched me even more how they all risked their lives to save the village of dongmakgol~ gosh, when all those bombs were beginning to drop i jst couldnt help but shriek at them to run, for goodness sake, run! :tears:

Guest Airine Pratama

i love this movie ... it's sooooo gooooddddd !!!

i like the story ... i like Kang Hye Jung's acting here ... i love dongmakgol!

• 2 weeks later...

i nearly cry at e ending, war is like that.

at e beginning when they met one another at e village is very funny.

i really love this movie!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest the.elephant

it ws good but i dont get why it was such a big deal... to me, it was just good

there is a lot of weird parts and i can never tell if they're trying to be serious or make it a make believe kind of story.... there is a sense of "hmm" and "huh?" and "what??" during the whole movie for me...

• 1 month later...

This is a great movie. I'm not Korean but it's quite a unification movie isn't it? I mean how hard is it to explain that two sides of Korea are fighting each other? How would the villagers react?

What else.... there's still a tad of a "hate America" feeling in the movie. It made me go I hate America when I was watching it seeing how the commanders were so ruthless.

i agree with you on the American aspect but i love how they had Mr. Smith as part of the community to sort of balance it out.

more than a unification theme i though it was more of how lack of understanding can screw up your perception. so that theme works for both koreas and the u.s. as good.

FANTASTIC movie overall, if you havent seen it and youre looking at the thread for recommendations, go watch it. sweet, sad, hilarious, thoughtful. its awesome.

i've meaning to watch this for awhile because of the good reviews/awards and i watched it yesterday and like many of you said, i agree that it is funny, touching, and sad...i can say it lived up to my expectations...

• 4 weeks later...

I lovedlovedLOVED this movie. Great ensemble acting (Shin HaKyun and Kang HyeJung were esp noteworthy), great script (yay, Jang Jin!), great visuals (oh that unforgettable wild boar scene lol), great music, and most of all, great execution of a tricky premise (yay, newbie director Park GwangHyun!). I can't believe how they made it so frickin fun yet so moving. It had me laughing like a loon, then hit me like a sucker punch at the end, with tears running down my face, reveling in the awe and magic that only a good movie can give you, that "This is how movies should be" feeling.

Just... wonderful.

0601_story_01.jpg

Archived