[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Currently addicted to this drama! The material is new and fresh! Not to mention Chae Rim's superb acting (I'm glad she's back!!) and Lee Min Ki is sooo cute!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I shouldn't have started watching this drama..I told myself that I should wait till all the subs are out before starting watching this....and now I'm miserable cause I can only watch the first 2 epi with eng subs...

This drama is really addictive..!

But, I'm glad that I found this...I'll be visiting here more often for some spoilers... :)

Btw, I didn't know the LMK is such a cutie!

nt sure if dis is posted, wanna share them though.. :)

TV Rating (1/22/07 – 1/28/07)

1. Joo Mong (朱蒙, MBC) -- 46.0%

2. Like Land and Sky (KBS1) -- 24.0%

3. Elder Sister (MBC) -- 23.5%

4. Yun Gae So Moon (淵蓋蘇文, SBS) -- 21.8%

5. The Instantaneous Capture of the World (SBS) -- 21.7%

6. Unblocked High Kick (MBC, Daily Drama) -- 21.1%

7. Unlimited Challenge (MBC) – 20.7%

8. Sunday Night (MBC) -- 20.4%

9. GAG Concert (KBS2) -- 19.6%

10. Dae Jo Young (大祚榮, KBS1) -- 19.6%

11. Bad Woman, Good Woman (KBS2) -- 18.5%

12. Dal Ja’s Spring (KBS2) -- 18.2%

13. Surgeon Bong Dal Hee (SBS) -- 17.8%

14. Vitamin (KBS2) -- 17.6%

15. Entertainment Relay (KBS2) -- 17.5%

16. Do Well (MBC) -- 16.9%

17. VJ Commando (KBS2) -- 16.9%

18. Yoo Jae Suk and Kim Won Hee Show (MBC) -- 16.8%

19. Blissful Woman (KBS2) -- 16.8%

20. Queen of Game (SBS) -- 16.6%

http://www.tnsmk.co.kr/rating/main.asp?menu=Gi_Weekly

dal js is so improving in de ratingss.. :> i'm so gladdd dis is one fun drama to enjoy... hahaa

Guest clouds2

Thank you for uploading the episode 9 preview on youtube!! Oh man, it looks good! :D

Does someone have a hi-res screencap of Gijoong looking at Taebong's resume? The letters were too blurry to make out on youtube, but I think if the pic were just a little bigger, it would be readable!

as i know it the Oh Mal Ja originated from the NG of DalJa's grandma.. she had a mistake of calling Dal Ja, MAL JA and the writers decided to put it in the script :) quite witty and hilarious i must say!

It seems like the idea also comes from The Devil Wears Prada. There Meryl Streep's character is a terrifying and exacting editor-in-chief of a fashion magazine. People start running frantically to their desks and hiding their food, etc., when they hear her coming. The main character has been hired as her personal assistant, and Meryl Streep calls her "Emily" over her objections. :sweatingbullets: Finally, when "Emily" proves herself, Meryl Streep calls her by her real name and throws her coat on another assistant's desk. Previously, she'd been throwing her coat on "Emily"'s desk every morning for her to hang in the closet - basically making her do busy work. Similarly, in this drama, Dalja's new boss throws the folder of work she was going to give to Dalja to another employee after recognizing Dalja's name. Also, Dalja's boss speaks in the same detached, deliberate way as Meryl Streep. :)

OK, I shouldn't have started watching this drama..I told myself that I should wait till all the subs are out before starting watching this....and now I'm miserable cause I can only watch the first 2 epi with eng subs...

This drama is really addictive..!

But, I'm glad that I found this...I'll be visiting here more often for some spoilers... :)

Btw, I didn't know the LMK is such a cutie!

LOL, that's what I told myself too. I knew I was gonna get addicted if I watched this. And yes, I was proven to be correct. But it won't hurt to watch the whole series again, tho, once the subs come out. It's really fun.

Thank you for uploading the episode 9 preview on youtube!! Oh man, it looks good! :D

Does someone have a hi-res screencap of Gijoong looking at Taebong's resume? The letters were too blurry to make out on youtube, but I think if the pic were just a little bigger, it would be readable!

It seems like the idea also comes from The Devil Wears Prada. There Meryl Streep's character is a terrifying and exacting editor-in-chief of a fashion magazine. People start running frantically to their desks and hiding their food, etc., when they hear her coming. The main character has been hired as her personal assistant, and Meryl Streep calls her "Emily" over her objections. :sweatingbullets: Finally, when "Emily" proves herself, Meryl Streep calls her by her real name and throws her coat on another assistant's desk. Previously, she'd been throwing her coat on "Emily"'s desk every morning for her to hang in the closet - basically making her do busy work. Similarly, in this drama, Dalja's new boss throws the folder of work she was going to give to Dalja to another employee after recognizing Dalja's name. Also, Dalja's boss speaks in the same detached, deliberate way as Meryl Streep. :)

Oh, omg, yes, okay, yes, thanks. I actually caught the Devil Wears Prada idea in the new boss (especially in the way she talks and when she dumps all those stuff to DJ's desk, totally like that dumping fur coat-bag-and-all-the-rest scene) but I didn't get the name calling thing. Thanks so much for the explanation.

reposting from the News thread:

[TV Review]

TV loves younger men with older women

23084247aq6.jpg

A scene from “Daljaui Bom” (Dalja’s Spring), the latest

younger-man-dating-an-older-woman storyline on the Korean TV scene. [KBS-TV]

Warning: If you believe that all women should marry older men with established social status and money to keep the world in peace, please stop reading here. I’m about to make a confession that you may consider a portent to the collapse of life as we know it. But it is time for me to come out of the closet. As you may have guessed, I’m dating a younger guy.

Allow me to say that I may not be following this society’s mainstream, but I’m still a law-abiding and tax-paying citizen. I’m patriotic enough to want to have children, thus ensuring the continuance of the human species. I’m not a monster with horns.

You may be one of the people who asks, “Why the big fuss?” I couldn’t agree more that age is nothing but a number (especially now that I have officially hit my 30s). Still, since I started telling people about my relationship, I’ve faced a list of typical reactions: “You can’t be serious,” “Do your parents know this?” or “Let me set you up with my coworker. You better do some two-timing just in case something goes wrong.” Some people say, “So that’s why you look rejuvenated.” These are people who are labeled “normal” or “successful” by society. They have their freedom of speech, but I have my freedom to be free from their speech.

Of course, there are the people (mostly my gal friends) whose curiosity is mixed with a tinge of envy. They ask me, “So, what is it like dating a younger guy?” Then comes my answer: “I’m not dating him because he is younger than me. I’m dating him because it’s him, no matter how old he is.” All I get in return in most cases is a let’s-be-honest look. Then I realize that these people, many of them my dear friends, are not to blame. Turn on a television, and you’ll see the recurrent theme of an older woman hitting it off with a younger man. The television industry has begun using this as an alternative to cliche love stories, and many TV dramas, most recently, “Daljaui Bom” (Dalja’s Spring), airing Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. on KBS2-TV, are following this nouveau formula.

I found that writers tend to portray the younger man who falls for an older woman as someone who is shallow, adventurous and hostile toward society. The younger man character in “Dalja’s Spring” is Tae-bong, whose way of bringing home the bacon is acting as a part-time boyfriend for single women. He’s dating the female lead, Dalja, a 33-year-old singleton, for 3 million won ($3,200) for three months. According to the TV drama director’s definition, Tae-bong is a bad-boy figure who defies social values like a teenage delinquent. He is a self-described “cool” guy who is aloof in relationships.

Several months ago, there was another MBC-TV drama, “What Are You Doing, Fox?” which was given rave reviews in this very column. The younger man character, Cheol-su, in “Fox” is different from Tae-bong in “Spring,” as Cheol-su acts like a grown-up. At least, he does not make living as a part-time dater.

Still, Cheol-su had that rebellious image, which most of my friends found rather unlikable. I also have to say that the older women characters are all desperate spinsters who still dream of Mr. Right riding in on a white horse while wearing Gucci riding boots and carrying a silver spoon in his mouth.

There are certain relationship stereotypes created by the television industry to attract viewers and in the long run, advertising revenue.

That stereotype, however, can lead to unjust judgments since what happens on television doesn’t necessarily match what is happening in the real world.

Come to think about it, maybe I should be grateful that I’m alive. At least people respect human rights enough not to shoot 30-something women dating younger guys. Sometimes, tolerance and respect for differences are missing in this world.

by Chun Su-jin sujiney@joongang.co.kr

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2871593

After reading this, I want to give that reporter a neck wringing...just how many episodes did this person even watch? Much less understand who Tae Bong is. It's as if that writer only read the character description and not much else to have come down to that type of "analysis" if you can call it about Tae Bong.

I think we should personally write to this person (their email is given...) and give them a piece of our mind.

Guest javabeans

After reading this, I want to give that reporter a neck wringing...just how many episodes did this person even watch? Much less understand who Tae Bong is. It's as if that writer only read the character description and not much else to have come down to that type of "analysis" if you can call it about Tae Bong.

I think we should personally write to this person (their email is given...) and give them a piece of our mind.

Lol, creidesca, I agree. Seems like the reporter was too busy gloating about herself to give the "TV review" an adequate, oh you know, review. The air must be thinner up there on her high horse. Maybe her television reception is messed up.

Guest babymarzy07

Definitely, i would third that. Sheesh, just because she seemed to see hey something to write about and make up stuff along the way. They should actually watch the whole thing first, and its not even done yet.

why does her article have a picture with sung shi kyung & some lady with caps saying scene from dalja springs? and from the sound of what she wrote ... i don't think she watched a single episode of the drama ... since she's practically quoting the director's description of TB's character and what not but she's obviously a fan of 'what's up fox?' (maybe since she's a writer & GHJ's character is a writer too right?) unless the column has more than writer and she's not the one who did the 'rave review'.

truth to tell ... i'm one of those who goes 'oh no!!!! another older woman and younger man kind of storyline?' but i really enjoyed this drama so far because a lot of situations that dalja get into is really heartfelt~ and i don't see any desperate spinsters dreaming of mr right in gucci on a white horse so far ... only a smart attractive woman who is successfully immersed in her career who thought she might have met her mr right(s) ... and in the process learnt that society's perception of mr right ... ie. someone rich & successful & handsome etc ... might not be right for you even when he lands on your plate~ i particularly liked the scene when KJ brought her to his home & she left while he was getting changed ... i think it probably hit her that they don't have that much in common and his home is not some place i would feel comfortable to call home although it's luxurious. and rich & eligible as he is i can't see KJ as someone who can hold one's hand & sit in the doctor's room with you listening to embarrasing medical problems. haha TB is really sweet ... so far i've not seen any sign of immaturity in TB's character as per what the writer in the above article is comparing him to with the younger man in "What's Up Fox?". in fact ... HB's character in MNIKSS is a lot more immature compared to LMK's TB ... i never watch 'what's up fox' yet so can't compare the two. unless of course TB did a turnaround & start being an annoying brat in later episodes~ :o

personally i think Dalja is the most normal and grounded 30plus year old 'spinster' i've ever seen on kdrama tv despite some of the situations she got herself into. so miss chun su-jin ... do shut your crap up unless you've done your research and actually watch the drama before you write your article lest it make you sound stupid~

withs2banner21td.jpg

Due to THIS ISSUE

As of today, Tuesday 01/30/07, WITH S2 will release only softsubs for ALL EPISODES.

Please keep fansubbing alive by NOT reproducing/distributing any hardsubbed episodes from our softsubs on YouTube, DailyMotion or any other streaming websites/forums/newsgroups/online hosting services such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.

We thank you for all cooperation and continuous supports.

EPISODE 3

Translator: ai*

Spot Translator: javabeans, purpletiger86

Editor: SeReNiTy & seirin

Special Thanks to: ay_link

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

EPISODE 4

Translator: wingyee

Spot Translator: javabeans

Timer: CraZyaH

Editor: SeReNiTy

Final QC: ay_link

Guest badhairday

withs2banner21td.jpg

Due to THIS ISSUE

As of today, Tuesday 01/30/07, WITH S2 will release only softsubs for ALL EPISODES.

Please keep fansubbing alive by NOT reproducing/distributing any hardsubbed episodes from our softsubs on YouTube, DailyMotion or any other streaming websites/forums/newsgroups/online hosting services such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.

We thank you for all cooperation and continuous supports.

EPISODE 3

Translator: ai*

Spot Translator: javabeans, purpletiger86

Editor: SeReNiTy & seirin

Special Thanks to: ay_link

EPISODE 4

Translator: wingyee

Spot Translator: javabeans

Timer: CraZyaH

Editor: SeReNiTy

Final QC: ay_link

Thanks for the subs... aaawww.. that sucks about the licensing issues with D-addicts.

im truly sorry mily2! thanks for episode 3 & 4! :)

cant wait for todays episode.. im so thrilled to see DalJa and TaeBong :)

and for added announcements to those who have KBSworld,

DalJa's Spring will start TODAY

4:00am- (Seoul) 2:00am- (Jakarta)

8:00pm- (Paris) 11:00am- (LA)

6:00am- (Australia) 8:00am- (New Zealand)

... so the west have an advantage coz they can watch 1 earlier episode, for those in asia, if you are willing to wake up or not sleep just to catch the pilot.. go ahead!

as with the other times..

10:00pm- (Seoul) 8:00pm- (Jakarta)

7:00pm- (Paris) 5:00am- (LA)

12:00am- (Australia) 2:00am- (New Zealand)

it starts on THURSDAY

lucky people from the west!

Guest clouds2

:crazy:

If I were that reporter's "younger man" boyfriend, I would be backing away slowly just about now. Craazzzyy.

I agree with all of your comments. One of the things I really love about this drama is that TB isn't some pretty boy millionaire. Sure, I would find it cool if TB used to be an elite lawyer, but that's because that shows 1) he's smart and 2) he's thought about his priorities and chosen to live as a free spirit. Like someone said earlier, I don't want TB to come into his inheritance, making Dalja some kind of Cinderella. Dalja doesn't NEED to be a Cinderella. She's blessed as she is - with a job she likes and is good at, supportive friends and family, and an awesome "battery charging" boyfriend.

I also think TB is much more mature than Hyun Bin's character in MNIKSS. There the younger man was like a petulant baby the older woman took care of. The same is true in What's Up Fox. Even though the heroine was more naive than Samsoon, she was still the mother/older sister figure to the younger man. It's telling that in MNIKSS and WUF either the heroine referred to herself as "older sister" or the younger man called the heroine "older sister." In contrast, TB always calls DJ by her name, as two adults would address each other. TB is also more mature than Sedo, who's older, whereas DJ is pure-hearted like a teenager. Age is almost irrelevant - TB and DJ are really equals. And TB and DJ are cute together, period.

yah the article was kinda judgemental... i really though TaeBong was the only mature one from the characters since the 33-years olds were a bit childish :) although verrry fun to watch.. TaeBong was witty and observant, far from the innocent notion the writer wanted to point out. the picture kinda made me wonder?? was the girl on the pic the one who wrote the article, coz she's from heroine 6 and she's saying something negative about a KBSdrama?? and also is she really with Sung Si Kyung???

from KBS DMZ:

<달자의 봄>본격적으로 시작되는 엄기중의 애정행각

인기리에 방송중인 KBS 수목 드라마<달자의 봄>.

노처녀에 얽힌 사랑 방정식을 독특하고 유머있게 그려내고 있는 이 드라마에 더욱 더 재미있는 요소가 가미된다. 바로 엄기중(이현우 분)의 달자(채림)에 대한 적극적 애정행각! 이미 지난 8회까지의 내용 전개로 엄기중이 달자를 좋아하는 것은 드러났으나, 본격적인 게임은 지금부터다.

aaaafz6.jpg

△ <달자의 봄> 달자를 놓고 두남자는 경쟁을 하게 된다. 과연 누가 승리할까?

하지만 좋아한다고해서 달자의 마음을 쉽게 얻을 수는 없는 법! 바로 라이벌 강태봉(이민기 분)이 있기 때문이다.

설상가상으로 이미 지난 방송분에서, 강태봉이 달자에게 정식으로 사귀자고 말했기 때문에 치열한 경쟁은 피할 수 없게 되었다.

그러나 적극적인 애정공세가 시작되었다고는 하지만, 어째 소심한 모습을 보이며 코믹한 장면들을 선사하는 엄기중! 한편으로는, 자존심이 무너져 청소와 명상으로 화를 삭이는 장면에서는 애처로워 보이기도 하는데...

과연, 달자의 봄날은 누구와 함께 할 것인지 관심이 집중된다.

Guest limegreencanada

sendspace works fine for me =D SO THANK YOU A WHOLE BUNCH! but i think it doesnt work for some people is because depending on ur location??? because before i was in asia trying to DL a whole bunch of stuff it would tell me i exceeded my limit when i only DLed like one file x.X

Hi yes, :( i'm one of those unlucky souls who always get the "i exceeded my daily imit " even tho i've not dl for days ...... is there any other kind soul who can upload to either mediafire or gigashare...they don't have any limits imposed ..... many thanks .....

Archived