larus

Premiere Watch: Family

by missvictrix

29O9WB7WH5_1.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Comedy, action
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara star together once again, and that’s always a good thing (I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of this pairing). Billed as an action + comedy + spy + family drama, we can look forward to lots of hilarious marital shenanigans, and probably a handful of heart-filled moments as well. Jang Hyuk plays the father of the house who’s hiding his actual day job (black ops agent), and Jang Nara is his wife, who’s the real leader of their multi-generational household. The teasers for the drama have been great, but really, it’s the posters that did the most for me: Jang Nara pretty in pink at an ironing board, and Jang Hyuk in black ops gear crouched beyond it. LOL! The fun, of course, is that none of the roles here are what we’d expect, and it’s sure to be a lot of laughs that lean — as they should — on the wonderful chemistry between these two. Whether they’re throwing dagger or hearts, they can do it all with a glance.

TL;DR: Jang Hyuk x Jang Nara = a must-watch

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/premiere-watch-family/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sigh waiting for it to be available on HiTV with subs. Don't understand, does HiTV also have geographical restrictions? I was able to watch a show on it yesterday so I assumed Family will be on it here too

And what's happening with the Disney release? Just saw on Twitter that the website with the episode crashed because of the demand. How the h*ll is this not available more widely? Who screwed this up?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, YouwinJH said:

Sigh waiting for it to be available on HiTV with subs. Don't understand, does HiTV also have geographical restrictions? I was able to watch a show on it yesterday so I assumed Family will be on it here too

And what's happening with the Disney release? Just saw on Twitter that the website with the episode crashed because of the demand. How the h*ll is this not available more widely? Who screwed this up?

Disney+ sucks. In everyway...:wacko:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@YouwinJH Well, their site crashing because of demand makes me happy lol. I hope the ratings are good! Im relying on you guys to post stuff for now because I forgot my twitter password. Ill have to watch illegally after work. Hopefully the ep is available! 

It was the HiTv site that crashed. Disney are doing diddly squat per usual. Currently watching raw on HiTv on my phone. Hope the subs come out soon and I can actually access the site on my TV

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the ratings as well. Lol I've been locked out of Twitter for over a year now, can't be bothered resetting my password. So now all I'm doing is browsing

Content wise, so far so good (the kid is like the grown up when her parents are fighting whereas the dad is more of a kid). There's a lot of Lee Gun in the performance so far, even the laugh (a version of it!). Still early days so I'm hopeful the performance is more balanced

• Like 1

Just now, dramafan33 said:

@YouwinJH The little bit I saw gave me FTLY post-reconciliation vibes, especially Lee Gun. A goofy goofy goofball, only slightly less loud but still on the loud side. I liked it but yeah, I want see other sides to him too. 

I just wrote about this on the JH forum. I'm into mellow / chilled characters these days so it was rather jarring to watch. Hopefully it's because he's grovelling atm and he'll pipe down soon enough

To be honest I found this character louder than Lee Gun. Gunnie is eccentric so it fits his profile but not sure where Dohoon's eccentricity is coming from though - like I said I hope it's because he's grovelling. At least his smiles are a lot more natural in this - I remember a while back we were discussing how not very gentle he is irl and I've noticed there is this saccharine smile he puts on when he's being lovey-dovey / sweet. It's the smile he had at the end of The Killer while hugging his wife. Whereas his grinning self is what I consider authentic, cheeky / naughty JH and he does it effortlessly...whenever I see that grin I know he's having a blast

Here is the ratings for the Episode 1! :).

“Oasis” Continues Streak At No. 1 In Ratings + “Family” Premieres To Promising Start

“Oasis” Continues Streak At No. 1 In Ratings + “Family” Premieres To Promising Start

tvN’s new drama “Family” has joined the Monday-Tuesday ratings race!

Meanwhile, the premiere episode of tvN’s new drama “Family” achieved an average nationwide rating of 4.9 percent. This is the same score as the final episode’s rating for “Our Blooming Youth.”

“Family” tells the story of a National Intelligence Service (NIS) black agent husband who is undercover as an ordinary office worker and a sweet but fierce wife who dreams of having a perfect family. The drama is helmed by executive producer Jang Jung Do, whose hit works include “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” “The Crowned Clown,” “Our Blues,” “Alchemy of Souls,” and more. In addition to being Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara’s fourth project together, “Family” is their first collaboration in nine years.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1580923wpp/oasis-continues-streak-at-no-1-in-ratings-family-premieres-to-promising-start

• Thanks 2