BEDE7935-8050-464D-94C5-B4BB1DDB86F0.jpeg

Details

Network: KBS

Genre: Medical

Episodes: 16

Airdate: April 15th, 2022

Airtime: Saturday & Sunday @ 22:30 KST

Plot:

Cha Jeong-Suk (Uhm Jung-Hwa) is married to Seo In-Ho (Kim Byung-Chul), who works as a chief surgeon at a university hospital. He has a strict, sensitive and thoroughgoing personality. Cha Jeong-Suk has been a full time housewife for the past 20 years, after giving up her career as a doctor during her medical resident years. After all those years, she decides to restart her medical resident course.

Cast:

Kim Byun Chul

Uhm Jung Hwa

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• 1 year later...

Uhm Jung Hwa, Kim Byung Chul, Myung Se Bin, And Min Woo Hyuk Confirmed For Upcoming Medical Comedy Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 8, 2023
by S. Cho

JTBC’s upcoming medical comedy drama has confirmed its lead cast and premiere date!

JTBC’s new weekend drama “Doctor Cha Jung Sook” (literal title) draws out the “ripped life stitches” of Cha Jung Sook, who has gone from a housewife of 20 years to a first year medical resident. The drama will showcase a funny and relatable story through Cha Jung Sook, whose life is uprooted by an unexpected scandal. Leading the cast is Uhm Jung Hwa, Kim Byung Chul, Myung Se Bin, and Min Woo Hyuk.

Uhm Jung Hwa stars as Cha Jung Sook, a regular housewife who ends up getting back on her path as a doctor after 20 years. After surviving an unexpected crisis, Cha Jung Sook reaches a turning point in her life where she decides to take on medical school once again, after giving up her career for her family.

The actress commented, “I’m happy to have met a drama that has warm comfort and growth. I want to do my best to shine light on this drama’s story. I really wanted to do [this drama] because I really liked the story of achieving one’s dreams regardless of age and circumstance. As our teamwork was so great, this was such a happy filming.”

Kim Byung Chul will portray Cha Jung Sook’s fastidious and sensitive husband Seo In Ho, who is the chief surgeon at a university hospital. Although he’s a perfectionist who does not ever lose his dignity or composure, Seo In Ho also hides an unbelievably shocking secret. Around the time he starts to forget how grateful he is to his wife for choosing their family over her career, Seo In Ho faces the crisis of a lifetime when Cha Jung Sook returns from her liver transplant surgery as a new woman and wants to become a medical resident.

As Seo In Ho, Kim Byung Chul will showcase his ability to meticulously portray a dangerous double life, and his chemistry with Uhm Jung Hwa will serve to be one of the drama’s key points. Kim Byung Chul shared, “I’m delighted to have met a fun script and such great colleagues. I ask for lots of interest.”

Family medicine professor and Seo In Ho’s first love Choi Seung Hee will be played by Myung Se Bin. As the privileged daughter of a medical conglomerate who owns 12 general hospitals across the country, Choi Seung Hee has never experienced hardship. However, after Cha Jung Sook steals her first love, Choi Seung Hee starts to wish for a regular life. As a professor of family medicine, Choi Seung Hee is thrown another curveball when she unexpectedly encounters resident Cha Jung Sook again at the hospital.

Myung Se Bin remarked, “There was an anticipation and nervousness that I would be able to show you an image that is different from my previous works through the character of Choi Seung Hee. That’s why I researched and pondered that much more. I was happy to be able to work with such great actors and a great director.”

In his first drama in three years, Min Woo Hyuk will play Roy Kim, a surgeon who believes in free love. With his sweet and sexy charms, Roy Kim is a magical man who can make anybody fall for him. But while he is loved by everyone, Roy Kim does not sincerely give love back to anyone else, until he becomes oddly intrigued by Cha Jung Sook.

Roy Kim shared, “‘Doctor Cha Jung Sook’ is a project I’ve prepared cheerfully. I hope enjoyment is conveyed to viewers. I ask for lots of love in the future.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1571340wpp/uhm-jung-hwa-kim-byung-chul-myung-se-bin-and-min-woo-hyuk-confirmed-for-upcoming-medical-comedy-drama

• Like 2

Watch: Uhm Jung Hwa Is A Doctor Who Lacks Confidence In Upcoming Weekend Drama

Watch: Uhm Jung Hwa Is A Doctor Who Lacks Confidence In Upcoming Weekend Drama

JTBC’s new weekend drama “Doctor Cha Jung Sook” (literal title) has unveiled a new teaser!

Starring Uhm Jung HwaKim Byung ChulMyung Se Bin, and Min Woo Hyuk, “Doctor Cha Jung Sook” draws out the “ripped life stitches” of Cha Jung Sook, who has gone from a housewife of 20 years to a first year medical resident. The drama will showcase a funny and relatable story through Cha Jung Sook, whose life is uprooted by an unexpected scandal.

Uhm Jung Hwa will take on the role of Cha Jung Sook, a regular housewife who ends up getting back on her path as a doctor after 20 years. After surviving an unexpected crisis, Cha Jung Sook reaches a turning point in her life where she decides to take on medical school once again after giving up her career for her family.

The newly released teaser begins by showing the back of Cha Jung Sook, who is sitting at the table alone in a big house. The text that appears on screen reads, “You, who still has a spark inside your heart. The beginning is now.” The atmosphere of the video suddenly changes when a passenger on the bus she was riding collapses, and Cha Jung Sook shouts, “Sir, stop!”

In the following clip, Cha Jung Sook says in a voice lacking confidence, “You may not believe it, but it’s true that I am a doctor.” Viewers are curious to find out how Jung Sook’s life will change as she decides to take on a new challenge and become a doctor after all these years.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Doctor Cha Jung Sook” is set to premiere on April 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1571834wpp/watch-uhm-jung-hwa-is-a-doctor-who-lacks-confidence-in-upcoming-weekend-drama

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After watching the first episode I think this drama can be one of the best drama for 2023.  Looking forward to the second episode and the unfolding plot.  The MIL and her husband are easily the worst kind of humans the FL has the misfortune to be related to.

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

“Taxi Driver 2” Finale Breaks 20 Percent + Achieves Highest Ratings Of Any Miniseries In 2023

“Taxi Driver 2” Finale Breaks 20 Percent + Achieves Highest Ratings Of Any Miniseries In 2023

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Doctor Cha” premiered to an average nationwide rating of 4.9 percent for its first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1580404wpp/taxi-driver-2-finale-breaks-20-percent-achieves-highest-ratings-of-any-miniseries-in-2023

• Like 1

A great 1st episode, suspense about donor was unneeded. 

I think it was female lead and her mom's fault to get sick like this, I mean she is a doctor and taking random medicines like this. Then it's fine things happen but surgeries are a big deal, doctors make it seem like a normal thing that one will donate and everything will be great because they want to perform surgeries and earn money, they never fully inform people of side effects which patients suffer afterwards. 

What I disliked was her mom's behavior the way she went and started begging the cousin to donate it was so bad and also that poor guy has a baby she can see yet she was so forceful and stuff. She was being very selfish and seriously is this right to force someone into surgeries? 

Didn't like female lead's mom that much too.

Also lot of people will cry over fl being mistreated and stuff but sorry lets call her out on her own fault too. She is an educated woman yet she chose to be a housewife, and being a housewife isn't an issue the problem is she allowed her husband and mom in law to mistreat her so badly, like people will blame her husband and bla bla but she has been allowing abuse against herself and for so long, like even now she gets back home and she has to make juice for mil..like make it make sense? Just tell her to shutup, what can she even do?

Also female lead looks older than her own mom infact she looks like mom's mom, and sorry but she has done something to her face and she has the scariest face I have seen, actress playing mom had mostly kept her natural face and looks so good and the female lead has done so much work that she looks scary and double her age. Also there is just 6 years diff between 2 actresses. Also her acting is extremely average, really don't get why she was given this role. It's a fl miscasting just like crash course in romance, Imagine oh na ra or some other talented actress doing it. Like I have nothing against female lead, but why give roles to people who don't fit them. Like I would have been over the moon if fl's mom actress was the main female lead.

Everyone else is a great casting, specially nasty husband. 

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

“The Real Has Come!” And “Doctor Cha” Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“The Real Has Come!” And “Doctor Cha” Soar To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Doctor Cha” enjoyed a significant increase in viewership for its second episode, which took first place in its time slot with a nationwide average of 7.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1580527wpp/the-real-has-come-and-doctor-cha-soar-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Great! Uhm Jung Hwa has a new drama and I definitely will watch. Anyway I have just finished 2 episodes of Doctor Cha and I love it! I put this new drama into my FAVE drama folder.

Uhm Jung Hwa is a veteran actress and a sexy singer. Yup she is older now and mature, that's why she chose this character as the Dr Cha is 46 yrs. Her real age is 54 yrs this year.

I just read a comment in here saying that she looks older than her mum in the drama. Wow that's harsh. I don't think Uhm Jung Hwa looks that old.

Jung Hwa Uhm

Uhm Jung Hwa

Mi Kyung Kim

Kim Mi Kyung

From the comments, I think the person does not know Uhm Jung Hwa. Should check out her other dramas and music videos before saying such a comment like that. I'm a fan of Uhm Jung Hwa since her drama "Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung" in 2007.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Okay one thing I have come to realize after watching episode 2 is that the best part of drama for me is actor kim byung chul and it's him who brings me to the show with his perfect acting.

Although I am liking the show but episode 2 has me very confused. I feel korean dramas are now heading towards pseudo feminism zone, like in attorney shin the female lead case where even though she was psychologically abused by husband, she goes out to sleep around with a man and still throughout the show she was painted as a victim and treated as a queen who deserves special honor.

Here too there are many problematic things shown on female lead and writers are trying to justify them through..umm actually no logic. Specially the part about physically assaulting her husband.

Firstly, female lead's mother's behavior is worth checking. You feed your daughter bad medicine and she gets a severe illness, then same person goes around trying to force others into surgery, firstly nephew then forcing her husband and her obsession with guilt tripping everyone, like instead of guilt tripping others how about you remind yourself what caused this.

Her husband isn't a nice guy and mil is a total psycho but I mean if he is also a doctor and main bread earner of family, she is ill, if he also falls ill what will happen to the family and kids? And his job is tough he needs a healthy body to carry out tasks. Also I really want to say agreeing to go through surgery is a very big decision as it is your body and it jeoperdizes your future health and life, why should a person be shamed for choosing not to donate their organ like this drama is doing. I know a certain aunt who needed an organ transplant and her son wanted to give but she refused because he was young and she didn't want him to suffer. Just giving an example.

The show shouldn't try to shame people or paint husband evil because he refused the surgery IMO and same if wife refuses. And as if that is not enough she goes into his room and slaps him for this. I am sorry but if a husband character had done this to a bad wife would wife's current cheerleaders react same way? This is happening in kdramas that they show domestic violence from wives and gfs and still paint them as victims.

Now if she is spending so much money in single day that her husband says she can buy a car from it and he says keep shopping and spending, it means he isn't so much of a bad guy. Also it seems unrealistic that with this rich husband, for 20 years she lived so poorly wearing mil's clothes and stuff and now she is suddenly spending blowing up huge money and her husband and even mil are not recting too badly. If she can spend so much in 1 go, I am pretty sure it wasn't impossible for her to spend occassionally, here and there on her needs in past 20 years, and if her husband had reacted she could have silenced him like now.

Now the worst and most problematic part of ep 2, it is same thing that I saw in netflix show Fabulous, female lead dates a guy X, parts from him at night, meets her ex right then, goes and bangs him and next day shows up to meet her bf who breaks up with her and she tries to make excuses. Then she finds out her best friend's bf is cheating on her, she goes to his place with her friends and throws a stone at his window and shouts horrible curses at him for cheating..like how does a woman who herself slept around in a relationship can shame another guy?

Similarly here, it's even more brutal that Cha knows this guy is dating Seung hi and yet she sleeps with him and gets pregnant, and what is really brutal is that in present forget about remembering the name of woman whose man she snatched, she doesn't even remember what she had done. And on top of all after flashback memory she had the guts to curse at him so loudly, and then she meekly calls herself a name too, but in this whole discussion she and her friend were cursing out her husband so badly as if he was the only culprit, when the guy actually even had the decency to marry her and leave his gf because he didnt want to abandon his own child. Then as if not enough her friend next tells her to lets go and meet more men..while her friend is still married and has grown up kids and somehow this is shown as emancipation of women? Like how does acting like a tramp makes sense to both cha and her friend?

I have zero sympathy with cha for getting cheated on, she deserves it, she did the same 20 years back, I remember in Interest of love people badly cursed yoo yeon seok's character for kissing fl when he was dating another woman despite the fact that he had already loved fl but here cha's character will get a free pass for forget kissing but sleeping with a guy in a relationship, also I was never seeing her so much of a victim since the start of show and now no more it at all, what I don't like obviously is her husband's bad attitude towards her, her mil is not worthy of being mentioned as I dunno why sh3 would tolerate her in the first place, her kids are also pretty bad to her. 

Now what interests me in the show is how she will build a career. Also I know it won't happen but I wish the drama stops painting cha as a victim as she isn't so much of it and just focuses on her career. They are trying very hard to show the husband as super bad guy when he clearly doesn't come off as so evil.

I find it hard to get into the scenes when fl actress is around, she looks 80 and older than even the entire doctors' panel who were interviewing her. It's very unconvincing to see her mom actress as her mom in their scenes as they both seem younger than her. Also her acting is so bad, she mostly stays expressionless with a constant angry expression.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Great! Uhm Jung Hwa has a new drama and I definitely will watch. Anyway I have just finished 2 episodes of Doctor Cha and I love it! I put this new drama into my FAVE drama folder.

Uhm Jung Hwa is a veteran actress and a sexy singer. Yup she is older now and mature, that's why she chose this character as the Dr Cha is 46 yrs. Her real age is 54 yrs this year.

I just read a comment in here saying that she looks older than her mum in the drama. Wow that's harsh. I don't think Uhm Jung Hwa looks that old.

Jung Hwa Uhm

Uhm Jung Hwa

Mi Kyung Kim

Kim Mi Kyung

From the comments, I think the person does not know Uhm Jung Hwa. Should check out her other dramas and music videos before saying such a comment like that. I'm a fan of Uhm Jung Hwa since her drama "Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung" in 2007.

I swear that if I had not checked her age, Uhm Jung Hwa is 40'ish thereabouts.  Her skin is so smooth and she is so youthful looking.:kitty:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

Now the worst and most problematic part of ep 2, it is same thing that I saw in netflix show Fabulous, female lead dates a guy X, parts from him at night, meets her ex right then, goes and bangs him and next day shows up to meet her bf who breaks up with her and she tries to make excuses. Then she finds out her best friend's bf is cheating on her, she goes to his place with her friends and throws a stone at his window and shouts horrible curses at him for cheating..like how does a woman who herself slept around in a relationship can shame another guy?

Similarly here, it's even more brutal that Cha knows this guy is dating Seung hi and yet she sleeps with him and gets pregnant, and what is really brutal is that in present forget about remembering the name of woman whose man she snatched, she doesn't even remember what she had done. And on top of all after flashback memory she had the guts to curse at him so loudly, and then she meekly calls herself a name too, but in this whole discussion she and her friend were cursing out her husband so badly as if he was the only culprit, when the guy actually even had the decency to marry her and leave his gf because he didnt want to abandon his own child. Then as if not enough her friend next tells her to lets go and meet more men..while her friend is still married and has grown up kids and somehow this is shown as emancipation of women? Like how does acting like a tramp makes sense to both cha and her friend?

That is actually the reason I dropped Fabulous. It was just too mindblowing that she cheated on her bf, then the next day during breakfast got offended with him as he breaks up with her (and later he tries to get her back). And everyone acting like it was cool.

In this drama I watched episode 1 and saw the ML being a cheater. In episode 2 I found out it's his first love, the girl he cheated on. 

It was hilarious how FL didn't even remember the name of the exgf of her husband, and the fact she broke them up. To be fair, it seems like FL has her head in the clouds, so not sure if she actually was aware the husband had a gf (until after they hooked up). Maybe she didn't know! She didn't even remember the girl's name (wow did she live on another moon)? She seems like someone who minds her own business (like only doing chores), so it's perfectly explainable she didn't know about the other woman, seeing as she doesn't know about a decades long affair either. 

The drama reminds me of the drama where the mum went to the same college as her son and where the husband also cheated on his wife with his colleague/professor.

So in this drama ML also has been a coward as he has been having an affair for decades (ever since he was in the US, right). I don't think the scale of what FL did makes it so that she deserves the crap ML throws at her. 

5 hours ago, Shimmery-summer said:

I find it hard to get into the scenes when fl actress is around, she looks 80 and older than even the entire doctors' panel who were interviewing her. It's very unconvincing to see her mom actress as her mom in their scenes as they both seem younger than her. Also her acting is so bad, she mostly stays expressionless with a constant angry expression.

I don't think she looks 80, she looks "older", but she is middle aged, so that's normal. However, the mum actress doesn't look that much older as the FL. They should have gotten an older actress to play the mother...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1