[Upcoming Drama 2024] Goodbye Earth/The Fool of the End, 종말의 바보- Yoo Ah In & Ahn Eun Jin - Premieres on April 26

larus

NETFLIX DRAMA

GOODBYE EARTH

wJ8kBJ_2f.png

Drama: The Fool of the End/ Goodbye Earth (English title)

Hangul: 종말의 바보

Genre: drama, sci fi, thriller

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 12

Director: Kim Jin Min (Time Between Dog and Wolf , Pride and Prejudice, Marriage Contract,  The Liar and His Lover, Lawless Lawyer , Extracurricular, My Name)

Writer: Jung Sung Joo (Lawyers , Secret Love Affair, A Wife's Credentials, Heard It Through the Grapevine) 

Release Date: April 26, 2024

Runtime:

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

"Goodbye Earth" will showcase the story of the people who are facing the end of the world which was predicted due to an asteroid impact.

Notes

"The Fool of the End" will be based on a novel with the same name by Kōtarō Isaka.

Cast

Yoo Ah In as Woo Sung Jae

Ahn Eun Jin as Jin Se Kyung

Jeon Sung Woo as Priest Damiano/ Woo Sung Jae

Kim Yoon Hee as Kang In Ah

Seo Ye-hwa as

Kim Kang Hoon as

Posters

Goodbye-Earth-1.jpeg

Character descriptions

Jin Se Kyung (Ahn Eun Jin) is was a former junior high school technical tutor and now she volunteers at the Children's Welfare Department of City Hall. She went and volunteered there to protect the children in danger.

Ha Yoon Sang (Yoo Ah In) is the longtime boyfriend of Jin Se Kyung. He's a researcher at the Institute of Biotechnology in the US but decided to return to Korea despite the danger to protect Jin Se Kyung.

Woo Sung Jae (Jeon Sung Woo) is a priest with a baptismal name Damiano. He went from assistant priest to chief priest overnight after the asteroid incident was announced. The chief priest disappeared after the incident.

Kang In Ah (Kim Yoon hee)  is a commander of the combat service support battalion. After Ungcheon experienced the incident, she was the one who transport supplies and maintains the security of the city.

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

by lo_ve, November 26, 2021
31 14

Yoo Ah In and Ahn Eun Jin will reportedly work together for the upcoming Netflix series directed by  Kim Jin Min.

On November 26th media outlets shared that Yoo Ah In and Ahn Eun Jin will be the main leads of the upcoming Netflix original series titled "The Fool of the End." The drama will be directed by Kim Jin Min ("My Name") and written by Jung Sung Joo ("Secret Love Affair"). 

"The Fool of the End" will be based on a novel with the same name by Kōtarō Isaka. It will narrate the happenings 200 days before the end of the world.

Yoo Ah In got the offer to play the role of priest Woo Sung Jae with a baptismal name Damiano. He unintentionally went from assistant priest to chief priest after the disappearance of the previous head priest.

Ahn Eun Jin got the offer to portray the character Jin Se Kyung. She was a former technical family teacher at Wondong Middle School before the asteroid incident. She currently works as a volunteer in the  Children's Welfare Department of City Hall.

If Yoo Ah In accepts the casting offer, he will be reuniting with writer Jung Sung Joo. The two work together for the drama "Secret Love Affair" with Kim Hee Ae

"The Fool of the End" will reportedly start filming next year. The drama will premiere exclusively on Netflix in 2023.

rQgWm_2f.jpg

Yoo Ah In recently starred in the hit Netflix original series "Hellbound." If he accepts this drama, this will be his second original series from the OTT platform. Aside from the series, the actor will also star in a Netflix film titled "Seoul Vibe." He will also lead the upcoming movies "The Match," "Jeon, Ran," and "High Five." 

Ahn Eun Jin is set to star in the upcoming drama "The One and Only" with Kim Kyung Nam, Red Velvet's Joy, Kang Ye Won, Han Gyu Won, Do Sang Woo, and more. She last starred in the second season of "Hospital Playlist 2.” She also made a special cameo in the TVING series "The Witch's Diner" starring Song Ji Hyo, Nam Ji Hyun, and Chae Jong Hyeop. The actress will also appear in upcoming movies such as "The Owl" and "Citizen Deok Hee."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoo-ah-in-and-ahn-eun-jin-in-talks-to-lead-the-new-netflix-series-the-fool-of-the-end

by lo_ve, January 13, 2022
17 5

Upcoming Netflix's original series "Goodbye Earth" confirmed its main leads!

On January 13th, Netflix confirmed the casting of Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo, and Kim Yoon Hee. They will be working with director Kim Jin Min ("My Name") and scriptwriter Jung Sung Joo ("Secret Love Affair").

"Goodbye Earth" will showcase the story of the people who are facing the end of the world which was predicted due to an asteroid impact. The drama will be based on a novel with the same name by Kotaro Isaka. 

Ahn Eun Jin will play the role of Jin Se Kyung. She was a former junior high school technical tutor and now she volunteers at the Children's Welfare Department of City Hall. She went and volunteered there to protect the children in danger.

Yoo Ah In will play the role of Ha Yoon Sang. He is the longtime boyfriend of Jin Se Kyung. He's a researcher at the Institute of Biotechnology in the US but decided to return to Korea despite the danger to protect Jin Se Kyung.

Jeon Sung Woo will play the role of priest Woo Sung Jae with a baptismal name Damiano. He went from assistant priest to chief priest overnight after the asteroid incident was announced. The chief priest disappeared after the incident.

Kim Yoon Hye will play the role of Kang In Ah. She is a commander of the combat service support battalion. After Ungcheon experienced the incident, she was the one who transport supplies and maintains the security of the city.

This drama will be Yoo Ah In's reunion with writer Jung Sung Joo. They both worked together in the drama "Secret Love Affair" with Kim Hee Ae.

"Goodbye Earth" is currently in the final stages of preparations and they will begin filming soon.

pLooV_2f.jpg

"Goodbye Earth" will be the follow-up drama of Yoo Ah In after the Netflix original series "Hellbound." The actor is also set to star in several upcoming movies such as "Seoul Vibe," "The Match," "Jeon, Ran," and "High Five." 

Ahn Eun Jin is currently starring in the drama "The One and Only" with Kim Kyung Nam, Red Velvet's Joy, Kang Ye Won, Han Gyu Won, and Do Sang Woo. She will also join the upcoming movies  "The Owl" and "Citizen Deok Hee."

Jeon Sung Woo on the other hand will finally return to the drama scene. He last starred in the 2020 drama "Homemade Love Story." He will also join as a supporting role in the upcoming movie "The Point Men." 

Meanwhile, this will be the second upcoming drama of Kim Yoon Hee. The actress will also be part of the 2022 drama "Shooting Star" with Lee Sung Kyung and Kim Young Dae. The actress will also star in the movies "The Scene" and "I Am Natural." 

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-original-series-goodbye-earth-reveals-the-confirmed-main-casts

The first article said that Yoo Ah In plays Priest Damiano but the latest article says that he plays another role and the priest is played by another actor. It was a mistake or they changed the role?

• Like 1

January 13 2022

Ahn Eun-Jin, Yoo Ah-In, Jeon Sung-Woo, & Kim Yoon-Hye cast in Netflix drama “Goodbye Earth”

Goodbye_Earth-a00-1.jpeg

Ahn Eun-JinYoo Ah-InJeon Sung-Woo, and Kim Yoon-Hye are cast in Netflix drama series “Goodbye Earth.” The drama series will be directed by Kim Jin-Min (“My Name“) and scripted by Jung Sung-Joo (“Heard It Through the Grapevine“). The drama series is set around the premise of an approaching asteroid that will destroy the world in approximately 200 days.

“Goodbye Earth” release date has not yet been revealed.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: An asteroid is on course to crash into Earth in 200 days and destroy the planet. The world soon learns of the news and falls in to confusion.

Jin Se-Kyung (Ahn Eun-Jin) works as a middle-school teacher in Woongchun City. She learns about the impending end of the world. She decides to quit her job and do volunteer work at a child and youth division in city hall. She struggles to save children in danger. Her boyfriend of many years is Ha Yoon-Sang (Yoo Ah-In). He currently works as a researcher at a biotechnology research institute in the United States. After news of the end of the world is released, he flies back to South Korea to be with Jin Se-Kyung.

Woo Sung-Jae (Jeon Sung-Woo) is an assistant priest at a Catholic Church. The presiding priest at the church ran away after news broke out about the approaching asteroid. Woo Sung-Jae now takes care of the parishioners at the church.

Kang In-A (Kim Yoon-Hye) is a commander of a combat support battalion. She goes around Woongchun City, which has been ruined, to provide supplies transport and security.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ahn-eun-jin-yoo-ah-in-jeon-sung-woo-kim-yoon-hye-cast-in-netflix-drama-goodbye-earth

• Like 2

Kim Yun-hye, the lead actor of Netflix's 'The Fool of the End'... Acting with Eunjin Ahn, Ahin Yoo, and Seongwoo Jeon

520001_629614_354.jpg

Actress Kim Yun-hye, along with Ahn Eun-jin, Yoo Ah-in, and Jeon Seong-woo, forms the main axis leading Netflix's 'The Fool of the End' and faces the global public anew.

On the 14th, Sidus HQ revealed that Kim Yun-hye was going to play an active role as her title role in the new Netflix series 'The Fool of the End'.

'The Fool of the End' is a collaboration work between director Kim Jin-min and writer Jeong Seong-joo, depicting the story of people living in a world in chaos ahead of the predicted end, 200 days until the Earth and an asteroid collide.

Kim Yun-hye takes on the role of Kang In-ah in the drama. Kang In-ah is the character of the 2nd Company Commander of the 3rd Battalion of the Martial Forces, who travels around the ruins of Ungcheon-si to transport supplies and maintain security.

http://m.rpm9.com/news/article.html?id=20220114090023

Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo & Kim Yoon Hye to star in upcoming Netflix series 'Goodbye Earth' by 'My Name' director

1642070890-20220113-goodbyearth.jpg

News
Posted by Germaine-Jay 5 days ago

Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo & Kim Yoon Hye to star in upcoming Netflix series 'Goodbye Earth' by 'My Name' director

AKP STAFF

1642070890-20220113-goodbyearth.jpg

Yoo Ah In, Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo, and Kim Yoon Hye are starring in the upcoming Netflix series 'Goodbye Earth'.

On January 13, reports revealed the 4 actors have been cast in 'Goodbye Earth'. The new series will follow the story of 4 characters living during the last 200 days until an asteroid collides with planet Earth. 

Ahn Eun Jin is set to play former middle school tutor Jin Se Kyung, who decides to protect children in her last days, and Yoo Ah In will play her longtime boyfriend Ha Yoon Sang, who leaves the safety of America to be by her side. Jeon Sung Woo is taking on the role of head priest Woo Sung Jae, who takes care of his congregation, and Kim Yoon Hye will be playing combat service commander Kang In Ah, who distributes supplies. 

'Goodbye Earth' will be directed by Kim Jin Min, who was behind 'My Name', and the screenplay will be written by 'Secret Love Affair' writer Jung Sung Joo.

Stay tuned for updates on 'Goodbye Earth'.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/yoo-ah-in-ahn-eun-jin-jeon-sung-woo-kim-yoon-hye-to-star-in-upcoming-netflix-series-goodbye-earth-by-my-name-director

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Actress Seo Ye-hwa, who recently completed the KBS2 drama 'Think of the Moon when it Blooms' safely and found peace of mind through time to recharge, will start filming for her next film this month. The new drama 'The Fool of the End', produced by Netflix, is the next work of Seo Ye-hwa. It is eye-catching that he was able to work with Kim Jin-min PD of 'Lawless Lawyer' and 'Human Class' once again.

PS22030400082.jpg

Seo Ye-hwa said, “It’s already the third time working with PD Kim Min-jin after ‘Lawless Lawyer’ and ‘Human Class’. You are like my father who allowed me to appear in various drama works in earnest. Actually, after ‘human class’, I said ‘I will come back as a person of great help’, but I didn’t know that we would meet again so soon. (Smile). I’m just thankful that you always believed in me and cast me.”

In 'Human Class', Seo Ye-hwa took on the role of Na Seong-mi, the leader of an illegal meeting group, and left a short but strong impact. I am already looking forward to her acting in a new work where she reunite with a director who has a deep relationship with her breathing.

“Even though the role of Na Seong-mi in ‘Human Lessons’ was short, I am still touched by how many people remember it. Through ‘The Fool of the End,’ Na Seong-mi will leave a strong impression once again, so please look forward to it.”

Seo Ye-hwa, who smiled while stating that her real personality is far from a strong character in various dramas (the MBTI Bible type test showed that INFP and ENFP were alternately) She expressed her determination to continue her activities.

I want to meet more characters in a variety of ways in the future, and I want to achieve growth through trial and error. I will try my best to grow into an actor with excellent digestibility that can make a difference only when I play no matter what role I meet.” At the end of the interview, Seo Ye-hwa said that she wanted to express her gratitude to the passionate fans. “There are two passionate fans who create and run Yehwa Calligraphy fan accounts on social media. They often come to my concerts, so I know what kind of people they are. Through the interview, I would like to say that I am very grateful to them and that I want to repay them with good activities.”

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01289046632260040&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2

More than the actors... when I saw director andwriter ...and their work credentials.. yes, sign me up.. I'll check this this. I prefer a sci fi thriller more than zombie type drama so.. I'm gonna check this. Thanks larus.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Netflix 2022 production confirmed

✔2 Korean content (+ Movie 'Gil Bok-soon', series 'Into Your Time', The series 'The Thief: The Sound of the Sword', the series 'Mask Girl', Series 'Hound Dogs', entertainment 'Solo Hell' The series 'The Fool of the End', the series 'Queenmaker', The series 'Celebrity', the movie 'Ballerina', Series 'D.P. Season 2', the series 'Now Our School is Season 2', Series 'Squid Game Season 2', Series 'Sweet Home Season 2 & Season 3', Movie 'Solo 2', etc.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgeNjW4Jc0N/

Coffee truck support for Yoo Ah in

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
by lo_ve, February 24, 2023
12 101

Netflix finally gave a statement regarding the upcoming K-dramas and films of Yoo Ah In on their platform.

After it was revealed that  Yoo Ah In is confirmed to be positive not only for marijuana but also for propofol use, Netflix revealed their side regarding the upcoming works of the actor on the platform. 

It was announced on February 23 that Yoo Ah In also tested positive for propofol use. The result came from the hair test that was done on the actor. The hair sample was taken on February 5, the same day where they also got the urine sample of the actor. On February 11, the result of the urine test was revealed, and actor Yoo Ah In tested positive for marijuana (it is illegal to use in South Korea).

Yoo Ah In was investigated for the illegal use of propofol early this month. Because he tested positive for propofol, the police will have to summon him again to further the investigation. 

Yoo Ah In's agency UAA briefly commented on the issue regarding the actor. The agency stated, "We are actively participating in the investigation. We intend to address every concern that has been raised."

BddpE7_2f.jpg

Because of this illegal drug use issue, some of the projects and commitments of Yoo Ah In might be greatly affected. Some brands even remove the actor from their promotional materials and cut ties with the actor. 

Netflix is one of the companies that have a lot of upcoming projects with Yoo Ah In. The actor is set to film the second season of Hellbound this June. He will also lead the upcoming K-drama Goodbye Earth with Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo, Kim Yoon Hye, and Seo Ye Hwa which is set to premiere in the last quarter of the year.

Yoo Ah In is also going to star in the upcoming film The Match with top actor Lee Byung Hun and other casts Moon Jung Hee, Kim Kang Hoon, Ko Chang Seok, and Hyun Bong Sik. This Netflix original film is scheduled to be released in the second half of 2023. The film was already done with the whole production. 

A representative from Netflix gave their official statement on February 24. They stated, "We are currently discussing the current situation with the production officials involved in the projects that Yoo Ah In will star in."

Nothing has been decided yet on what will happen with the upcoming Netflix projects of Yoo Ah In. In South Korea, if a celebrity becomes the center of an illegal drug issue, the person usually gets removed from all ongoing and upcoming projects. 

Many are on the watch for how the companies that have an involvement with Yoo Ah In, will handle the issue now that he tested positive for both marijuana and propofol. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-shares-their-statement-regarding-the-upcoming-projects-of-yoo-ah-in-in-the-platform

• Like 1

With Yoo Ah In's works being redlighted, co-stars begin to voice their frustrations

Saturday, March 04, 2023

0003260381_001_20230303223301305.jpg

kim young woong
With Yoo Ah In's works being redlighted, co-stars begin to voice their frustrations
Saturday, March 04, 2023

Article: Drama 'Goodbye Earth' at risk of being disbanded due to Yoo Ah In's drug scandal... co-stars breathe a sigh of concern

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+476] The co-star is right... the director, writer, cast members, staff.. what did they do to deserve this? I read that the scriptwriter is also fighting cancer ㅜㅜ How could Yoo Ah In not think he would get caught while taking so many different drugs? He shouldn't have signed on to these projects at all.. He had to have known that these dramas wouldn't get to see the light or would face controversy if his scandal came out after their releases. Why are you making others cry tears of blood over your own actions?...

2. [+378] If you want to ruin your life, limit the damage to yourself. Why affect others like this?

4. [+168] Please just release the projects that have completed filming. We won't boycott them just because Yoo Ah In is in them. If anything, we'll find the time to see them for the sake of these co-stars. I'm sure that Yoo Ah In himself is the most upset over what's happened, and  I don't think erasing him out of everything is the best solution at times like this. He needs support from those around him.
- [+8] We erase them from the media to prevent criminals from earning a profit and further spreading their negative influence on our society. If we continue to allow criminals to show their faces on our screens, our society will become lenient to their crimes. 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2023/03/with-yoo-ah-ins-works-being-redlighted.html

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/03/04/supporting-cast-member-in-netflix-apocalypse-drama-goodbye-earth-laments-all-the-good-work-that-will-never-be-broadcast/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix is losing money... Super-emergency next works are still on the move

image_readbot_2023_228079_16795572615401

The results of the police investigation have not yet been released, but as the situation continues to be serious, the industry is in an atmosphere of losing money to minimize the risk.

On the 21st, it was also reported that Netflix sent an official letter to the investment company Acemaker regarding the movie 'Game' starring Lee Byung-hun and Yoo Ah-in, stating that the issue of Yoo Ah-in's drug use was a matter of contract termination.

Netflix avoided an immediate answer, saying, “The future plans related to the work have not been decided yet, and we cannot confirm the contents of the official document.” ” he admitted. “It is one of the normal procedures to receive when there is a risk related to the actor. We are continuing discussions with Netflix after that.”

This is not an immediate contract cancellation procedure, but the seriousness of the situation related to the mutual 'Yoo Ah-in risk' has been confirmed.

The movie 'Competition' depicts the unavoidable match between Jo Hoon-hyeon (Lee Byung-hun) and Lee Chang-ho (Yoo Ah-in), two legends of the Korean Baduk game, who were master and disciple and rivals. It was scheduled to be released on Netflix this year, but due to Yoo Ah-in's alleged drug use, the release became unclear.

In addition to this, Netflix also has the most works related to him, such as the original series ‘The Fool of the End’ starring Yoo Ah-in and ‘Hell 2’, in which Yoo Ah-in was scheduled to appear. In the beginning, he insisted on just watching, but as additional reports surrounding Yoo Ah-in continued day after day, in the end, they decided to edit the amount of Yoo Ah-in as much as possible in 'The Fool of the End', and in 'Hell 2', they got off Yoo Ah-in and Kim Seong-cheol was put in.

Broadcasters, including the advertising industry, which lost the fastest, started to distance themselves. On the 15th, KBS made a decision to temporarily restrict Yoo Ah-in from appearing, as KBS designated "acts that caused social controversy through illegal or immoral acts" as subject to regulatory review on broadcast appearances. However, changes may occur depending on the announcement of future investigation results.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2023/03/228079/

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/03/22/yoo-ah-in-hires-koreas-top-law-firm-kim-chang-to-represent-him-in-criminal-investigation-into-drug-use-as-netflix-drama-goodbye-earth-decides-to-edit-him-out-of-series/

• Like 1

Yoo Ah In’s Upcoming Projects “The Match” And “Goodbye Earth” To Postpone Releases

Yoo-Ah-In-XPN.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Mar 27, 2023
by S. Nam

The release dates for upcoming projects starring Yoo Ah In including “The Match” and “Goodbye Earth” will be postponed.

On March 27, a source from Netflix stated, “Following discussion with the production team, we have decided to tentatively postpone the release of ‘Goodbye Earth.’ We will inform you again of the specific release schedule once it is confirmed.” “Goodbye Earth” is an upcoming drama that tells the stories of four individuals living through a chaotic situation where there are 200 days remaining until Earth’s collision with an asteroid.

The source continued, “We are carrying out discussion regarding the film ‘The Match’ with the production company ACEMAKER and related affiliates, and we have decided to temporarily postpone the release.” “The Match” is a film about Go players and additionally stars Lee Byung Hun.

Both “The Match” and “Goodbye Earth” have already wrapped up filming, and their release dates were under discussion. Yoo Ah In previously stepped down from “Hellbound 2” before filming began, and Kim Sung Cheol was confirmed to take over the role of Jung Jin Su, who was played by Yoo Ah In in Season 1.

Earlier in February, police began investigating Yoo Ah In for the illegal use of propofol, and the actor was later reported to have tested positive for marijuana as well as cocaine and ketamine. According to the Seoul Metropolitan Police’s Drug Crime Investigation Unit, Yoo Ah In was summoned by the police today on March 27.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575321wpp/shin-jae-ha-explains-his-tendency-of-playing-the-villain-personal-acting-philosophies-and-more

by lo_ve, March 27, 2023
3 14

Netflix releases an official decision on the upcoming projects of Yoo Ah In on their platform.

On March 27, Netflix shared its decision regarding the upcoming projects of Yoo Ah In through the media outlet E-Daily. According to the OTT platform, after discussing with the production teams of both the movie The Match and the K-drama Goodbye Earth, they have decided to temporarily suspend the release of the upcoming works. 

Netflix also added that they will inform the viewers of the specific disclosure schedule once things are finalized. 

The upcoming movie The Match is produced by the production company AceMaker. The film is supposed to premiere this year but because of Yoo Ah In's issue, it will temporarily be postponed. The film will be led by Yoo Ah In, Lee Byung Hun, Moon Jung Hee, Kim Kang Hoon, Ko Chang Seok, and Hyun Bong Sik

Meanwhile, Yoo Ah In will be working with Ahn Eun Jin, Jeon Sung Woo, Kim Yoon Hye, Seo Ye Hwa, and Yoon Seo Ah in Goodbye Earth. The upcoming K-drama was also supposed to be released this year.

On the other hand, Yoo Ah In was already taken off on the upcoming Netflix K-drama Hellbound Season 2.

Yoo Ah In is also set to star in the upcoming movies High Five and Jeon, Ran. There is no official confirmation yet on whether the film will still be released or if it will be postponed just like the Netflix projects or if they will remove Yoo Ah In from the cast. 

x44ZEE_2f.png

On the same day, Yoo Ah In was the center of the news as he officially appeared in public for the first time after his issue. The actor participated in the investigation of the police in his illegal drug issue. 

There are also circulating reports that Yoo Ah In is facing a lot of fines for the contract breach penalties on the CFs he did. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-announces-temporary-postponement-of-yoo-ah-in-s-upcoming-projects-on-platform

• 8 months later...

20231211122033_yoo-ah-in-xpn.jpg?s=900x6Netflix Clarifies Reports Of Yoo Ah In’s Drama “Goodbye Earth” Release Schedule

Dec 11, 2023
by M. Lim

Netflix has issued a brief statement addressing recent reports regarding the release date of Yoo Ah In’s drama “Goodbye Earth.”

On December 11, a media outlet reported that the Netflix original series “Goodbye Earth” starring Yoo Ah In is under discussion for an April 2024 release. The report also suggested that Yoo Ah In’s scenes would be edited out as much as possible.

In response to the report, a source from Netflix clarified, “The release schedule for ‘Goodbye Earth’ has not been determined. It is temporarily postponed. We will provide further information on the specific release schedule as soon as it is confirmed. We appreciate the interest you have shown in ‘Goodbye Earth.'”

Originally slated for release this year, Netflix previously announced the postponement of “Goodbye Earth” in March following police investigations into Yoo Ah In for the illegal use of propofol, coupled with his subsequent positive tests for marijuana, as well as cocaine and ketamine.

“Goodbye Earth” is a drama that tells the stories of four individuals living through a chaotic situation where there are 200 days remaining until Earth’s collision with an asteroid.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631221wpp/netflix-clarifies-reports-of-yoo-ah-ins-drama-goodbye-earth-release-schedule

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Goodbye Earth/The Fool of the End, 종말의 바보- Yoo Ah In & Ahn Eun Jin - Premieres in April 2024
  • 2 months later...

20240309033415_Yoo-Ah-In-XPN.jpg?s=900x6

Netflix Responds To Reported Release Date For Yoo Ah In’s Drama “Goodbye Earth”

Mar 9, 2024
by E. Cha

Netflix has issued a brief response to reports about the release date of Yoo Ah In’s drama “Goodbye Earth.”

While “Goodbye Earth” was initially scheduled to be released in 2023, its release date was postponed last year after Yoo Ah In tested positive for cocaine, ketamine, marijuana, and propofol during police investigations for the illegal use of propofol.

On March 9, Korean news outlet Sports Chosun reported that “Goodbye Earth” was now set for a release on April 26.

That same day, Netflix responded by clarifying, “At present, nothing has yet been decided. Once the release date has been decided, we will inform you through an official statement.”

“Goodbye Earth” is an original series that will tell the story of four individuals living out the chaotic final 200 days before an asteroid is scheduled to collide with Earth.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647527wpp/netflix-responds-to-reported-release-date-for-yoo-ah-ins-drama-goodbye-earth

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, March 9, 2024
9 15

On March 9, Netflix issued an official statement regarding the release date of its original series Goodbye Earth.

Netflix stated, "As of now, nothing has been decided. We will provide information [about the K-drama's release] through official sources as soon as the release date is determined."

Earlier, one Korean media outlet reported that the release date of Goodbye Earth, which had been temporarily postponed, was confirmed for April 26, but Netflix refrained from commenting on this matter. 

Goodbye Earth tells the story of people living in a world that is headed towards destruction, with only 200 days left until the collision of Earth and an asteroid. Yoo Ah In, along with Ahn Eun JinJeon Sung WooKim Yoon Hye, and others, are cast in the series. 

d0VlN0_2f.png

The release date of Goodbye Earth has been postponed due to actor Yoo Ah In's controversy.  

Yoo Ah In has been accused of habitual use of propofol 181 times under the guise of sedative anesthesia at hospitals in Seoul from September 2020 to March 2022. Additionally, from May 2021 to August 2022, he is suspected of purchasing approximately 1,100 sleeping pills through illegal prescription 44 times under someone else's name.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-officially-comments-on-release-of-goodbye-earth-starring-yoo-ah-in-ahn-eun-jin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
by Lily Alice, March 29, 2024
9 41

The Netflix original Goodbye Earth is gearing up for release.  

Goodbye Earth tells the story of people living in a world that is headed towards destruction, with only 200 days left until the collision of Earth and an asteroid. Yoo Ah In, along with Ahn Eun JinJeon Sung WooKim Yoon Hye, and others, are cast in the series. 

The K-drama is based on the novel "Shumatsu no Furu" by Japanese author Kotaro Isaka. Originally scheduled to be released last year, it was postponed due to actor Yoo Ah In's drug scandal.

Commenting on Yoo Ah In's appearance in the K-drama, a Netflix official stated to Maeil Business Newspaper on March 29, "The issue arose not during filming but during the post-production process. Actor Yoo Ah In will inevitably appear because he is a major character who shapes the story. To minimize disruption of the flow of the work, the director, writer, and production team conducted ample discussions to proceed with re-editing [the drama] in the later stages of production."  

The teaser poster of Goodbye Earth vividly captures the chaos engulfing the Korean Peninsula, with only 200 days left until the asteroid hits. South Korea is the center of the impact of the impending disaster.

The ongoing coverage of disaster news and citizens' protests surrounding buildings gives a glimpse of various issues plaguing the Korean Peninsula, including conflicts among people regarding the collision, those hoping to escape to safety zones, and various crimes happening everywhere.

The text on the poster reads, "We await the end to come."

wJ8kBJ_2f.png

Director Kim Jin Min commented, "It's a story not about a completely destroyed Earth but about the time just before such a world arrives. It endeavors to explore how humanity will manifest itself when such a day arrives." 

Writer Jung Sung Joo conveyed, "It's the story of people who survive the horrors of riots, looting, and civil war that began with the announcement of the asteroid collision." 

Actress Ahn Eun Jin takes on the role of Jin Se Gyeong, a middle school teacher who protects children in danger by volunteering at a child and youth division in Woongchun City Hall. 

Yoo Ah In plays Ha Yoon Sang, Se Kyung's longtime lover and a researcher at a biotechnology institute in the United States. He rushes back to the dangerous region of Korea from the safety of the United States, within a month, to stay by Se Kyung's side. 

Jeon Sung Woo will be seen as Woo Sung Jae, an assistant priest who takes care of the parishioners in place of the chief priest, who disappeared after the news of the impending disaster was announced. 

Kim Yoon Hye portrays Kang In Ah, a company commander of a combat service support battalion who patrols the ruined city of Woongchun to transport supplies and maintain public order.

Goodbye Earth will be released on Netflix on April 26.

https://mydramalist.com/article/netflix-s-goodbye-earth-re-edited-due-to-yoo-ah-in-s-scandal-confirms-premiere-date

• Like 1