[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

8 hours ago, madmad min said:

Now in this season they have 5 Good Actors who are so strong in understanding their characters and brilliant screen presence its so dang hard to take any Villain seriously. Its like a comic book strip where I know Hell Hath no Fury Lee Yeon and Minions will Win. This show doesn't craft a believable villain or the ultimate villain to Lee Yeon , the closest competitor was Lee Rang in S1 and a dang good one at it.

It is like a comic book plot. I `ve not taken this show serious the moment I saw the first few moments of the drama. It is OK for me. I think this approach works for this kind of series. I also appreaciate the writer`s effort to continue Lee Yeon and Lee Rang`s story but I realised the story was her strong strenght. I don`t think it was in the first season either. 

I am disappointed with Mu Young`s story, and how the main plot of time traveled was presented. Taluipa... so many things to say about her (and not positive) and just because of the writer. :D While I enjoy seeing Hong Joo (and I am glad that So yeon took the role), I am not satisfied with her story either. As for the romance in this season, I don`t mind Lee Rang`s story like others. I think the writer was right to explore other aspects in his life. I also don`t mind if he will have a tragic love story. He is suffering (if his lover will die) but he evolved as a character in my opinion. And it is great that he had the opportunity to resolved, early this time, his problems with his brother.

I already I resigned myself to the thought that I am watching for the pretty, for comedy and not for the story. 

I think the villains have a menacing presence this season. Kato and his assistant are believable as villains but unfortunately, their story is not built enough. And they kept their confruntation to the last episode (not a good idea). It feels flat, no build up.   I like to see different kind of antagonists. They are cartoonish but the heroes are sometimes too (in my opinion) so that` s what we got.

I don`t want another season but I think the writer made this season with the third season in mind. If So yeon will be in the 3rd season I `ll watch.

'Gumiho 1938' to end with 2 episodes to go: "Lee Dong-wook's match from now on"

`Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938` has released its goodbye behind-the-scenes.

On the 8th of June, tvN's Saturday drama 'Gumiho1938' (directed by Kang Shin Hyo, written by Han Woori, produced by Studio Dragon House Pictures) released a behind-the-scenes photo, amplifying curiosity and expectations for the ending.

202306081124486310_2.jpg

b45511ce8be12d5ab878b4bac8f6630a4a0e81cf

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2023/06/08/202306081124486310_4.jpg

Spoiler

e1e1c38c1ff3d7cbf61580aef15d0b8e9801cfe3

FyD5gs_aAAA77-G?format=jpg&name=large

Faced with the plight of the persecuted native demons, Lee Yi-yeon (Lee Dong-wook) is determined to repay his debt to his time as a mountain god. He embarks on a murderous hunt to destroy the Japanese youkai before returning to the modern world. The battle between the Korean mountain gods and the Japanese mercenaries is fierce and tense. In the midst of it all, Yi-yeon is in danger of being switched with a Japanese youkai. Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon) and Cheon Moo-young (Ryu Kyung-soo) headed to the Japanese demon's lair unaware of this, heightening the sense of crisis. Lee Rang (Kim Bum) and Jang Yeo-hee (Woo Hyun-jin) are also in a precarious situation after being attacked by the 'Yacha'. Above all, the unexpected identity of Satori (Seo Young-joo), the leader of the Japanese mercenary group, came as a shock. With time running out, all eyes will be on Yi-yeon to see if she can safely complete the hunt and return to the modern world.

The actors who perfected the 'one-of-a-kind' character to perfection drew enthusiastic responses, breaking records every time. Even during breaks in filming, the actors' passion for their work is evident in their intense study of the script and serious monitoring. Lee Dong-wook's performance as the mesmerising 'Gumiho' Lee Yeon once again captivated viewers. Kim So-yeon's hard-charging performance as Ryu Hong-joo, a former mountain god of the west with immense power, perfectly captures the dizzying and extraordinary charisma of the master of Myeongyeongak.

The synergy between Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum, who melted the hearts of viewers once again as the 'Yeon-rang' brothers, worked this time as well, especially the dramatic turning point when Lee Rang, who was clumsy and rough in love, met Jang Yeo-hee and became a romantic. The special relationship between Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo of 'Sanshinz' was the best part of 'Gumiho 1938'. They are affectionate best friends who know each other better than anyone else, but they are also wary of each other, and their relationship keeps you guessing until the very end. Ryu Kyung-soo, who was responsible for the tension, added to the immersion by convincingly portraying the narrative of Chun Moo-young, a former northern mountain god and 'Baekdusan Tiger', who was forced to turn red and white.

It's also worth mentioning the performances of the Sin Steelers, who appeared at the right time to maximise the thrill of the K-fantasy action drama. Hwang Hee, alongside Lee Yi-yeon, was hilarious as Goo Shin-joo, who crash-landed in 1938. Cho Sung-hwan energised the film as the wolfish vice captain of a demonic gang with his hilarious 'tiki-taka'. Woo Hyun-jin captivated viewers with his charm as Jang Yeo-hee, the half-mermaid who falls for Lee Rang, as well as Kim Joo-young, Kim Na-hyun, Kang Na-un, Han Geon-yoo, and Joo Ye-rim as the "Myeongyeon-gak family" that Ryu Hong-joo is trying to protect, and Jung Sun-cheol, Lee Kyu-ho, Jung Jae-won, and Kim Seung-hwa as the Japanese shinigami mercenary group.

The producers of 'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938' said, "Yi Yeon's hunt is just beginning. Having crash-landed in 1938, the year he neglected his duties as a mountain god and needed his help the most, Lee Yeon will hunt with everything he can muster. "The secrets surrounding the treasure are also revealed. You can expect a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end." Broadcast on the 10th at 9:20 p.m. (Photo courtesy of tvN)

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202306081124486310

Spoiler

4 hours ago, larus said:

I am disappointed with Mu Young`s story, and how the main plot of time traveled was presented.

Last 2 episodes are left and no one knows why Mu Young was resurrected that too in 2020. Also no one knows why Mu Young pulled Lee Yeon in 1938 not 1808 for that matter. Somehow it has steered towards Japan and Korean war and how mythological Gods and Demons played a role here....

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

Last 2 episodes are left and no one knows why Mu Young was resurrected that too in 2020. Also no one knows why Mu Young pulled Lee Yeon in 1938 not 1808 for that matter. Somehow it has steered towards Japan and Korean war and how mythological Gods and Demons played a role here....

Unbelieveble! Yeah, we don`t know much about the main plot. I think the writer wanted to create the 3rd season and that`s the reason she did not revealed everything by now. She even told us some informations but I am not satisfied at all with those explanations. Why 1938? She wanted the plot to be in the past when there are conflicts. Not only Korea under Japanese rule but Joseon too. 

I tried hard to not look at the plot and watch only for the pretty. But it is hard because I am a person who can`t suspend my logic easily to watch fiction. I am looking for logic even in fiction.  My Young doesn`t know who eliberated him from his punishment and why. :w00t: We don`t know for sure if he was manipulated to revive his brother or he came up with the plan by himself. First, the one who eliberated him must have been someone with more powers like Taluipa and King of Five Paths.

My Young said that he came to 1938 because the golden ruler (the artefact who can revive the dead) was last mentioned before it disappeared in 1938.) My problem is why the need of this ruler when you have the guardian stone who can allow you to travel back in time. Why not travel back the moment when his brother died and investigate why he became evil, to prevent his death eventually. It is simplier this way. Why complicated with reviving a dead man who is long time buried? It doesn`t make sense to me. The only explanation I could find right now, is that he was manipulated by an evil spirit and he won`t revive his brother but make this captive spirit to come to the living ones land. We`ll see.

I thought that Mu young came to 1938 to changed something important like saving the life of Hong Joo, for example. Or saving his brother if he had died in 1938. (not the case!)  And Taluipa, as someone who raised the mountain gods, would have regretted not helping her or helping the native gods who were murdered by Kato, and let Mu Young escape to the past.  Fine, It would have made more sense. Instead, we have Mu Young wanted the stone and other artefact to revive his brother. Facepalm. Mu Young did not know who has eliberated him or why. One thing is to not reveal the information (for the audience) to early and another for the character to really not know. LOL.

Let`s talk about Taluipa. I have a problem with this character. She said that she is powerless that she cannot intervene in human world but she does sometimes. After watching ep 10, she doesn`t know why Mu young is in 1938 and she will find out after she met again with the King of the Five Paths. And then she will tell Lee yeon. But it is still too late. It is a fail on her part (I know that the writer wanted that to prelong the mystery and made it this way) but she should have know sooner. Her poor excuse is that she doesn`t intervene in human world but this is not the case. The moment Mu young and Lee Yeon came to the past, she should have investigate, because they are not humans. They are from her world. She knew that someone powerful (someone from her league) has freed Mu young and she should have asked non stop why. What she did? Nothing really.
For someone pretending that she cared for 'the three mountain gods' like her surogate children (her husband said that she cried so much after rightfully punishing Mu young), she did absolutely nothing when two of them, who never should have been in 1938, came to the past for whatever reason. She did nothing when native gods began to disappear mysteriously. What is her job/duty anyway?

She knew that the guardian stone was stolen and what are the huge consequences. It is bad. She should have protected Lee Yeon or she should have kept the stone to be safe until the gate will be open. That`s the logic fact. LOL But there has to be drama in the drama.
I understand the convenient aspect of the plot but I still believe Taluipa should have been more active in this drama.

My conclusion, without extending the plot to 3rd season, they could let the story simplier and effective. The people wanted to see gumiho brothers reunite and revolving the problems between them anyway, to see the backstroy of the mountain gods eventually. I understand the creator`s decision to put the story in the past. There were several opportunities to develop a script. The fights with other mytical creatures, the need to know a little more about Lee yeon`s background, the see the consequesces of his decission to give up his status of mountain gods and his responsabilities, a story of the three friends who resolve their misunderstandings and fight together for a common goal. Keep it simple, with cases inspired from folcklore, with gumiho brothers spending time together. But the writer wanted to create something to extend to the next season so she came up with this story. We`ll see the ending but I am not optimistic.

So again... I am  watching for the pretty.:D I like all the cast and they are doing a good job.

Jo Dal-hwan from 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' renews another life character with unrivaled acting!

http://www.bodonews.com/imgdata/bodonews_com/202306/202306081733773.jpg

Jo Dal-hwan's performance in 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' stands out. In the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' (Director Kang Shin-hyo, Screenwriter Han Woo-ri, Production Studio Dragon and Woo Pictures), Cho Dal-hwan renewed another life character by showing unrivaled acting skills in the right scene as a pirate bandit's 'boss'. .

Cho Dal-hwan, who completes the role of the ‘secondboss’, who is somehow bright and lacking, with an honest appearance showing absolute obedience to the leader of the bandits, Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum), with his unique comic and cheerfulness. In addition to being active as characters, the owners, who serve Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook)'s right-hand man Shin-joo (Hwang Hee-min) and Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon)'s right-hand man Jae-yu (Han Geon-yu), naturally unite with them, giving them a lot of fun through their bromance full of loyalty. are doing

In particular, the three people who were full of dissatisfaction with each other as roommates in the last broadcast showed a fantastic breathing to save each other in a hotel covered with yaksha, giving an impression.

As such, Jo Dal-hwan is raising expectations for the next step by proving a wide acting spectrum once again with his unstoppable character digestion. In the meantime, attention is focused on what kind of hot acting he will show off his presence in the remaining two episodes until the last episode.

Meanwhile, tvN 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm.

http://www.todaysn.com/sub_read.html?uid=211873&section=sc1&section2=방송/연예

I also enjoy watching the three right-hand men interacting each other.

A deleated scene.

They played Mafia game in one scene.

It looked fun.

Was there another hug scene? Nice.

You can't miss a moment! (っ'-')╮=͟͟͞♡ <The Tale of a Gumiho 1938> Undisclosed amount of hard hair After watching this, I promise to watch episode 11 this Saturday as well

Spoiler

Most Buzzworthy Drama Actors for 1st Week of June 2023:

1st Lee Dong Wook

8th Kim So yeon

Most Buzzworthy drama

3rd Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

Spoiler

Spoiler

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teases Return Of Season 1 Lead Jo Bo Ah

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teases Return Of Season 1 Lead Jo Bo Ah

Will Lee Dong Wook and Jo Bo Ah finally be able to reunite on tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”?

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” is a sequel to the hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he unexpectedly finds himself back in 1938 in the new sequel, and he embarks on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

Spoilers

As viewers wait to find out if Yi Yeon will be able to find his way back to modern day, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has released a tantalizing sneak peek of the star-crossed lovers yearning for one another in their respective time periods.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Yi Yeon gets ready to say goodbye to the people of 1938 after wrapping up his hunt. Faced with the daunting prospect of saying his farewells, Yi Yeon appears lost in thought as he prepares a final heartfelt letter for those he has come to know.

Lee-Dong-Wook-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Nam Ji Ah—whom viewers have dearly missed this past season—seems to be waiting for Yi Yeon back in present day. Whenever it rained, Yi Yeon used to appear with a red umbrella—and Nam Ji Ah seems to be recalling this memory fondly as it begins to rain.

After looking up at the sky with a longing expression, Nam Ji Ah begins to run towards someone or something while wearing a bright smile, raising the question of whether she will finally be reunited with her long-lost lover.

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpegJo-Bo-Ah-2.jpeg

The producers of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” teased, “Yi Yeon has fought hard to return to present day, where Nam Ji Ah is waiting for him. Please stay tuned to find out how the couple’s reunion, which everyone has been waiting for, will unfold, and don’t miss Jo Bo Ah’s long-awaited special appearance.”

The next episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will air on June 10 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592767wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teases-return-of-season-1-lead-jo-bo-ah

So Jo Bo Ah will appear in the last episode not only in the flashbacks. That could mean that Lee Yeon will come back home which is good. I will want a happy ending. Mu Young could stay in 1938 and Lee Rang happy with his girlfriend. I hope the writer will keep it a light vibe utill the end.

'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' Kim Soo-jin "Happiness as a big fan"... endearing feelings

PS23060900105.jpg

[E-Daily Star in Reporter Bo-Young Kim] Reliable snail, actor Kim Su-jin expressed his thoughts ahead of the end of ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’.

Kim Soo-jin captivated viewers by causing fun and tension with her deep acting, which was disassembled into a snail in the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, scripted by Han Woo-ri, and produced by Studio Dragon and How Pictures), which ends on the 11th.

In ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, Ureong-gak-si is the owner of the best five-storey store in Gyeongseong, dealing with rich people and Japanese wives, but in fact, he is the person who finances the independence movement. Ureonggaksi was an indispensable figure in the narrative, informing Seonwoo Eun-ho (Kim Yong-ji) of the identity of the police chief (Ha Do-kwon). Also, as the owner of the Obok boutique, she is in charge of chemistry with those who come and go to the Obok boutique, causing laughter and creating tension, proving her irreplaceable presence.

In particular, in the last episode, Wooreonggaksi advised Seonwoo Eun-ho (Kim Yong-ji), who was in danger of marrying the police chief, “You shouldn’t get close to him,” and took out a box of dynamite with a grim determination to keep viewers immersed until the final episode. Towed. In addition, Wooreong Gaksi gave advice to the mermaid Jang Yeo-hee (Woo Hyun-jin) on her romance with Lee Rang, causing her to empathize with reality and multiplying her interest.

On the 9th, Kim Soo-jin said through her agency Will Entertainment, "I am very grateful to the viewers who have sent a lot of love to 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' following season 1." There were many sights and spectacular scenes that appeared, and I am grateful to the director, writer, and staff who worked hard to realize that worldview.”

She then added, “I am a big fan of ‘The Tale of a Gumiho,’ so I was very happy during the month and a half that aired.”

Meanwhile, Kim Soo-jin, who made her debut in the 2001 movie 'Wani and Jun-ha', appeared in bold works such as the films 'Rebound', 'Hwacha', and '1987'. In addition, she showed her presence by appearing in a number of big works such as JTBC's 'Misty', tvN's 'The Man Who Became King', MBC's 'Boar Hunt', JTBC's 'Undercover', KBS 2's 'Brain Cooperation', and JTBC's 'Agency'.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01282486635640080&mediaCodeNo=258

by lo_ve, June 9, 2023
8 7

Jo Bo Ah will be making a special appearance in the upcoming episode of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.

On June 9, it was officially confirmed that Jo Bo Ah will be reuniting with Lee Dong Wook in the last week of  Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938

Jo Bo Ah's agency KeyEast also confirmed her appearance and also shared that the actress refused to accept a performance fee for her special appearance. 

Jo Bo Ah will continue to portray the role of Nam Ji Ah who will reunite with Lee Yeon, Lee Dong Wook's character, in the modern world. 

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is led by Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo, Kim Yong Ji, and Hwang Hee

It is the current work of directors Kang Shin Hyo and Jo Nam Hyung, and writer Han Woo Ri.

Jo Bo Ah was the female lead on the first season while in the current season, the love story of Lee Yeon is not that much highlighted. 

The production team of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 shared, "Lee Yeon struggled to go back to the modern era to reunite with Nam Ji Ah who is patiently waiting. Please anticipate the special appearance of Jo Bo Ah who has been waiting for so long, and how the reunion of Yeon-Ji couple will be showcased." 

The 11th episode of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will premiere on June 10 at 9:20 PM KST. It will be available on tvN, TVING, and the global OTT platform, Amazon Prime Video. 

0w47Xk_2f.jpg

Z85AwJ_2f.jpg

Jo Bo Ah is set to star in two upcoming K-dramas for this year. She will lead the series Destined With You with SF9's Rowoon, Ha Joon, Girls Day's Yura, Hyun Bong Sik, and Park Kyung Hye. The actress will also join the upcoming historical K-drama Song of the Geomungo: Golden Swallow together with Lee Jae Wook, Kim Jae Wook, and Jung Ga Ram.

This is the last week of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938. The last episode will premiere on June 11. There is no official date yet for the premiere of Tale of the Nine-Tailed Season 3.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jo-bo-ah-to-reunite-with-lee-dong-wook-in-the-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

Lee Dong Wook and Lee Jae Joon, the child actor playing young Lee yeon.

While saying V together,

When he took the picture, he sat on his lap and said...

Jaejoonie has grown up so much, what is it ㅠㅠ

haha Jaejoon said he thought a lot... for 5 seconds 

(The happy conflict of the heart...)

I didn't meet you during the shoot.

I look forward to seeing you again later and filming!!

It was such an honor to be able to act as a child!

It's not long until the last episode

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtQ0XJhPa7C/

ea65608096e6133bc4e2141ccbf4449f3d15791e

Actress Kim So-yeon

Just... Angel... Actor

tell me what... You are so pretty

You look so different when you act.

You are so cool...

Thank you

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtQ4GESPYZ3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtQ4GESPYZ3/

Ha Do-kwon "'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', the last action scene with Lee Dong-wook remains in my memory"

2023060901000785200042671.jpg

Actor Ha Do Kwon has shared a behind-the-scenes look at his appearance in tvN's upcoming drama "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938".

On the 9th, Ha Do Kwon said through his agency Andmark, "I think I had a lot of fun acting and having fun because all the actors on set were nice, fancy, and good actors. In particular, Kim So-yeon, who plays Ryu Hong-joo, was an actress I knew from the drama 'Penthouse,' so I couldn't have been happier to see her, and Lee Dong-wook, who plays Lee Yi-yeon, is also a passionate actor, so I think I was able to act more hotly in the scene. Especially the director and staff prepared the best scene for me, so I was able to act to my heart's content."

In the drama, Ryuhei Kato shows a cruel side that will go to any lengths to get what he wants, increasing the tension in the film. Ha Do-kwon says, "I approached the character with the idea that he should be different from the villains of the Japanese colonial era because he was a Japanese youkai, not a human being, and I wanted to give him a slightly anime-like feel. I tried to give the Korean dialogue a slightly different tone and manner, and the difficulty was that I had to perform the action scenes while imagining the CG in post-production, and I was careful to create a villain, Ryuhei Kato, who you could really feel free to swear at and hate," he explains.

As for the naturalness of his Japanese, he says, "I think the experience of joining a Japanese theatre company and performing plays and musicals in Japanese for three years in Tokyo and Osaka helped me a lot in this role. Of course, it was a long time ago, so it was awkward and I forgot a lot, but it was very helpful."

Finally, he added, "I think I was relatively relaxed because there weren't many scenes compared to other colleagues, but I remember shooting the final battle action scene for three days and thinking, 'Oh, there is a default,' and shooting hotly with actor Lee Dong-wook."

Meanwhile, "Gumiho-don 1938" airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 p.m. and will end on the 11th of this month.

https://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20230609010004267

Spoiler

[Q&A] ‘Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Ha Do-kwon “Strives for a differentiated villain”

news-p.v1.20230609.538bb6ae2b34483a9cb99

Ha Do-kwon told the scene behind the scenes ahead of the end of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

Ha Do-kwon left a strong impression by giving an impact every time he appeared in the tvN Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ as the head of the police department of the Japanese Government-General and the Japanese monster Ryuhei Kato.

During the film, Kato Ryuhei shows a brutal side to his character, who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, adding to the tension of the film.

With such a rich performance, actor Ha Do-kwon spoke to us about his behind-the-scenes work on 'Gumiho 1938' ahead of its conclusion.

Below is a one-on-one interview with Ha Do-kwon.

Q. What kind of preparation did you have to do to play the character of Ryuhei Kato, the Director-General of Police of the Joseon Governorate, and did you have any difficulties or concerns while playing him?

A. I approached the character with the idea that he should be different from the villains of the Japanese colonial era because he was a Japanese youkai, not a human, and I wanted to give him a slightly anime-like feel. I tried to give the Korean dialogue a slightly different tone and manner, and the difficulty was that I had to act out the action scenes while imagining the CG in post-production, and I was very careful to create a villain, Ryuhei Kato, that you could really swear at and hate.

Q. You speak Japanese fluently in the film, so I was wondering if you had to learn it or if you prepared for it?

A. I think the experience of joining a Japanese theatre company and performing plays and musicals in Japanese for three years in Tokyo and Osaka helped me a lot in this performance. Of course, it was a long time ago, so it was very awkward and I forgot a lot, but it was very helpful.

Q. How was the on-set atmosphere and chemistry with your fellow actors?

A. All of the actors on set were good actors who were nice and fancier, so I think I had a lot of fun acting and having fun. Especially Kim So-yeon, who played Ryu Hong-joo, was an actress I knew from the drama "Penthouse," so I couldn't have been happier to see her, and Lee Dong-wook, who played Lee Yeon, was also a passionate actor, so I think I was able to act more hotly on set. Especially the director and staff prepared the best set, so I was able to act to my heart's content.

Q. Do you have any favourite memories from filming the drama?

A. Compared to other colleagues, we didn't have many scenes, so I think we had a relatively easy time filming, but I remember shooting the final battle action scene for three days and thinking, "Oh, there is a default," and shooting hotly with actor Lee Dong-wook.

Meanwhile, 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is broadcast every Saturday and Sunday at 9:20 pm and is about to end on the 11th.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202306091601003&sec_id=540201

• Like 1

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Kang Na-eon "I will work hard as I did at the beginning"

2384ed7c-1a9a-4ccb-9673-a0d31765ad1d.jpg

Actor Kang Na-eon showed her affection for 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

On the 9th, her agency, Enter Seven, released a script proof shot of Kang Na-eon, who is appearing in the tvN drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', and her feelings about the end of the show.

Kang Na-eon said, "When she first received the script, she was busy working in parallel with the drama 'Blind' and fought against the heat, but as a newcomer, she was just happy with the opportunity. At this time, I will not forget this feeling and will work hard as I started acting."

She appeared in 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' as Gook-hee, a gisaeng at Myo-yeon, run by Ryu Hong-ju (Kim So-yeon), and played her role as a scene stealer. I was immersed in Guk-hee, a character with a gluttonous appetite, and showed off her cute charm, drawing attention.

Kang Na-eon, who played an active role in his debut dramas 'Blind' and 'Ilta Scandal', perfectly digested the period drama through 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. At the same time, it added fun with thrilling acting. In 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', which aired on the 4th, Kang Na-eon created tension with the appearance of Guk-hee, whose life is in danger due to the tyranny of the yaksha.

'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' starring Kang Na-eon will be broadcast on the 10th and 11th at 9:20 pm with 11th and 12th episodes, respectively. Recently, he was cast in the role of idol trainee Lim Ye-rim in the Teabing original series 'Pyramid Game' and confirmed his next work.
  • Like 1

'Keep Silence', the theme OST for Kim So-yeon in 'Gumiho 1938', performed by star YouTuber and singer GRASS

news-p.v1.20230609.b0046ca56094467f9da41

tvN's 'Gumiho1938', which is in the midst of an impressive second act, will release its final OST that will leave a deep impression.

tvN's Saturday drama "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, written by Han Woori) will release "Keep Silence" by star YouTuber and singer GRASS as the fifth OST on the 11th at noon.

Based on the delicate vocals of GRASS, who sings 'Keep Silence', the song is an impressive contrast of strong electric guitar and synthesiser sound with emotional piano playing.

'Keep Silence' is a song that incorporates Ryu Hong-joo's (Kim So-yeon) mournful feelings for Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), whom she loves desperately but cannot have, into the lyrics. It is expected to move the audience in the first row of the Anbang Theatre.

Grass is a beloved travel creator and singer who runs the YouTube channel 'It's me GRASS' and has been steadily working on the OST of 'Gumiho1938' after 'Iltas Candle'.

At noon on the 12th, the OST compilation, which includes the score track by music director Hong Dae-sung, will also be released, making it a special gift for fans of the drama.

The final episode of 'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938' will air on Sunday, 11 November at 9:20 p.m., and OST Part 5, 'Keep Silence' by GRASS, will be released on music sites before 12 noon on the 11th.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202306091836003&sec_id=540301

Jo Bo Ah Revealed To Have Filmed “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” For No Pay

Jo Bo Ah Revealed To Have Filmed “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” For No Pay

As viewers eagerly await Jo Bo Ah’s return to “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” it has been revealed that the star filmed her upcoming appearance in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” for free!

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” is a sequel to the hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he wound up going back in time to 1938 in the new sequel—and as a result, Season 1’s leading lady Jo Bo Ah was not part of the cast for Season 2.

Spoilers

However, on June 9, tvN revealed that Jo Bo Ah would be making a special appearance in the final episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,” when her character will reunite with Lee Dong Wook’s Yi Yeon in present day.

Jo Bo Ah’s agency KeyEast has since confirmed that the actress’s upcoming appearance in the drama was unpaid—and that she agreed to do it for free out of loyalty and love.

“It’s true that Jo Bo Ah made a special appearance in ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938’ for no pay,” said KeyEast.

The final two episodes of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will air on June 10 and June 11 at 9:20 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a sneak peek of Jo Bo Ah’s upcoming appearance here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592932wpp/jo-bo-ah-revealed-to-have-filmed-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-for-no-pay

Weekend drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ 11th and 12th episode ending, Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung-soo reveal their feelings

128261_369604_4728.jpg

[Reporter Jeong Hun-hee of The Korean Instructor Newspaper] Today, the 10th (Sat) and 11th (Sun) 22:30 tvN <The Tale of a Gumiho 1938 (Director Kang Shin-hyo, Director Jo Nam-hyung, Screenwriter Han Woo-ri)> Episodes 11 and 12 (last episode) is broadcast The viewership rating for the last 10 episodes was 6.6% (Nielsen Korea). The highest viewership rating was 7.1% (Nielsen Korea) with the second broadcast. The viewership rating for episode 1 is 6.5% (Nielsen Korea).

The 12-episode drama <The Tale of a Gumiho 1938> is a K-fantasy action action drama about a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in 1938 to return to the modern age. The cast includes Lee Dong-wook (Lee Yeon), Kim So-yeon (Ryu Hong-ju), Kim Bum (Ri Rang), Ryu Kyung-soo, Hwang Hee, Kim Yong-ji, Na Hyun, Kim Joo-young, Woo Hyun-jin, Kang Na-eon, Han Geon-yu, Kim Soo-jin, Kim Jeong-nan, Ahn Gil-gang, and Ha Do-kwon.

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Beom, and Ryu Kyung-soo delivered their last message and observation points ahead of the final episode.

Lee Dong-wook, who returned as the enchanting 'nine-tailed fox' Lee Yeon, was absolutely overwhelming. The charm that became more intense with the excellent control of the pace made viewers thrilled, and Lee Dong-wook, who showed action that became as dynamic as the changed background of the era, firmly held the center of 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. Lee Dong-wook, who said that there were more enjoyable times than difficult moments, said, "It was an honor to be able to play 'Lee Yeon' once again. I will cherish the love you sent to 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938'", expressing his special affection for the work and the character.

With only a few days left to return to the modern age, attention is focused on whether Yi Yeon, who started a bloody hunt to scare off the Japanese monsters, can safely return to the house where Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah) awaits. The presence of Kim So-yeon, who maximized her sweet and bloody charm as Ryu Hong-ju, a former western mountain god, was also unique.

"I was so honoured to play Ryu Hong-ju, and I am so grateful to director Kang Shin-hyo, director Cho Nam-hyung, and writer Han Woori for creating and portraying her in such a charming and wonderful way," said Kim So-yeon, who completed another life character. Thanks to all the staff and actors of 'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938', it was the most fun I've ever had on set," she said.

Kim Bum said, "I was able to meet good people again because they showed me so much love. With them, I was able to spend time with the character I love so much, Lee Rang. I would like to thank the viewers again and say that I was truly happy," he said in his warm closing remarks.
He also said, "In Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,' the characters, including gumiho and the mountain gods, are looking at the same meaning and the same place for the first time. It will be interesting to see how this story will be concluded, especially how Lee Rang will say goodbye," he said, pointing out unique viewing points to stimulate anticipation.

Ryu Kyung Soo's performance also shone as he showed the unique synergy of 'Sanshinz' with Lee Dong Wook and Kim So Yeon. Ryu Kyung-soo created tension with his portrayal of Cheon Moo-young, a former northern mountain god and "Baekdu Mountain Tiger," by detailing the two sides of his character. "For about eight months, I travelled around Korea with good people and made good memories. I would like to thank everyone who loved Chun Moo-young from the bottom of my heart. I learnt a lot through 'Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938' and was very happy. I'm going to have a good time," he concluded.

Chun Moo Young is after Yi Yeon's 'treasures', the Guardian Stone and the Gold Chuck, to save his dead brother. The story of how he was trapped as a stone for a long time and was forced to turn red and white was sad. While foreshadowing the inevitable fight with Yi-yeon, Chun Moo-young united to defeat the Japanese mercenaries, a common enemy. Will he remain on Yi-yeon's side until the end?

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook succeeds in hunting Japanese monsters?

57034_69922_77.jpg

‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ Lee Dong-wook’s hunt runs toward the end.

With only two episodes left until the end, tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (director Kang Shin-hyo, screenwriter Han Woo-ri) said on the 10th, ahead of the 11th broadcast, the Japanese mercenary leader 'Satori (Seo Young-ju)' and the Joseon Sanshin trio Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook). On the day of Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon) and Chun Moo-yeong (Ryu Gyeong-soo), the confrontation was revealed.

With little time left to return to the present day, Lee Yeon sets out on a bloody hunt to slay the Japanese monsters. Amidst the tense confrontation between the mountain gods of Joseon and the Japanese mercenaries, Lee Yeon faced a crisis in which she switched bodies with the Japanese monster 'Nyu-do' (Jeong Seon-cheol). The appearance of Ryu Hong-joo and Cheon Moo-young, who followed Lee Yeon to the Japanese monster den without knowing this, heightened the sense of crisis. Lee Rang, who struggles to the death at the Bando Hotel, which has been ruined by the yaksha, is also at risk. Here, the appearance of the unexpected Japanese mercenary commander shocked me.

In the meantime, the unpredictable situation at the Bando Hotel amplifies curiosity. First, the appearance of Lee Yeon, Ryu Hong-ju, and Cheon Moo-young, who escaped from the unknown forest created by the Japanese mercenaries, draws attention. The sharp eyes of Lee Yeon and Cheon Moo-young, who face the reality of Satori, the Japanese mercenary leader, heighten tension. Lee Rang's affectionate eyes looking at Jang Yeo-hee (Woo Hyun-jin) were also captured. Lee Rang headed to a dangerous restaurant to save Jang Yeo-hee, who was attacked by a yaksha. Attention is focused on whether Jang Yeo-hee will be safe with the ‘saffron’ he brought.

On the other hand, the appearances of ‘Sansins’ Lee Yeon, Ryu Hong-ju, and Chun Moo-young, who returned to Myoyeongak, stimulate curiosity. The three men take a moment to catch their breath while healing the wounds from the bloody battle with the Japanese mercenaries. Yiyeon pointing somewhere, and the faces of Ryu Hong-joo and Cheon Moo-young, who cannot hide their embarrassment, add to the curiosity about the fact they are facing.

In the 11th episode of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox', aired on the 10th, the battle between the mountain gods of Joseon and the Japanese mercenaries reaches its climax. The production team of ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ said, “Lee Yeon, a mountain god of Joseon and a ‘gumiho’, will show off her brilliant performance. The appearance of dealing with Japanese monsters with excellent resourcefulness will provide catharsis,” raising expectations.

Meanwhile, the 11th episode of tvN's Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast at 9:20 pm on the 10th.

https://www.ize.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=57034