[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

13 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Omo Kim Bum looks so Neat

He kept his hairsyle a secret because it was a spoiler. I hope he will wear a long hair in the drama. :D

I like his back long coat.

• Like 1

Kim Yong Ji commented on Lee Dong Wook's Instagram post

Yong Ji: "Let's go "

Dong Wook: "Let's go!! Sunwoo Eunho!"

Spoiler

Kdrama fashion

Kim So Yeon wore on the poster a red blouse and skirt from DINT and shoes from Gianvito Rossi.

Lee Dong Wook  Fashion - tvN Drama "#TaleOfTheNineTailed1938" Script Reading

Meet the characters of Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

by missvictrix

The promo train is on fire for tvN’s upcoming sequel/spin-off (ish) drama Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938, and hot on the heels of the first teaser is another poster, this time featuring the whole crew. *Waves*

Returning, of course, is our broody gumiho hero Lee Yeon, played by Lee Dong-wook (Bad and Crazy). After surviving hell and high water in the original drama, he’s meeting more mayhem this time when he’s mysteriously summoned back to 1938. It looks like the drama is going to have a lot of fun with this particular setting, and so am I!

Also featured in the new poster — arguably most important here — is Kim Bum (Ghost Doctor) — with dramatic locks and a villainous overcoat! He reprises his role as Rang, but what with Yeon’s time-slipping the two brothers are going to have another complicated relationship (I mean, why not do the whole thing again, right?).

Other characters revealed are the fire-holding guardian spirit Chun Moo-young — played by Ryu Kyung-soo (Glitch) — and the guardian-spirt-turned-restauranteur Ryu Hong-joo, played by a glam Kim So-yeon (Penthouse 3). I can’t not love anything that she does, so yay. But even more yay: Hwang Hee and Kim Yong-ji are also reprising their roles as well.

With a lot of fan expectation and additional lore on the table — and writer Han Woo-ri and director Kang Shin-hyo both returning — it’s going to be a long month of promos before the drama finally premieres on May 6.

SNESPFDNPZOBX5BOUPDW6B4T24.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/meet-the-characters-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938/

[2nd teaser] Lee Dong-wook, who was trapped in 1938, "It's time to hunt!" #The Tale of a Gumiho 1938

In this teaser, Lee Yeon and Hong Joo are fighting each other in almost every scene. "Bloody friendship " indeed. :D

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Dong Wook Is Reunited With Old Friends And Foes Including Kim So Yeon And Kim Bum In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

lee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon-kim-bum.jpg?s=

Apr 5, 2023
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has dropped a new teaser!

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Previously in May 2022, it was confirmed that Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will be returning for Season 2 joined by Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo. Director Kang Shin Hyo and scriptwriter Han Woo Ri from Season 1 will be reuniting for the new project.

The new teaser begins with Yi Yeon narrating, “Someone has trapped me in the past,” foreshadowing Yi Yeon’s dangerous new predicament.

As Yi Yeon faces an era of chaos, he runs into Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), who greets him blade first, saying, “Long time no see, fox,” and former mountain god Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo). Since the three were once longtime friends, viewers are curious to learn more about their relationship, especially with a foreboding warning from Cheon Moo Young about all that is precious to Yi Yeon.

The teaser ends with Yi Rang (Kim Bum) waiting for Yi Yeon, asking, “Hyung, you still haven’t died yet?” piquing viewers’ curiosity for what mission Yi Yeon will take on as he begins to hunt anew in an era where there is no more taboo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577748wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-is-reunited-with-old-friends-and-foes-including-kim-so-yeon-and-kim-bum-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 11:16 AM, rocher22 said:

I wonder if Mu Yeong is the silent protector.. although Hongju is not a damsel in distress...  :D

I got the impresion that he is trying to harm Lee Yeon as well. If he wants to help Hong Joo we`ll see. Or he helps Lee Yeon. He looks like the gumiho doesn't move in that scene. 

In the scene below, Hong Joo is fighting two men (first picture). One is Lee Yeon but we don`t know the other. It is possible to be Lee Rang or maybe it is Moo Young.

2 hours ago, larus said:

In the scene below, Hong Joo is fighting two men (first picture). One is Lee Yeon but we don`t know the other. It is possible to be Lee Rang or maybe it is Moo Young.

Yep, Hongju blocked the both swords...   :approves:    I think its Muyeong...  :unsure:

the trailer... 0:05.. even though I dont understand what HJ said it made me laugh..it sounds like meow...  :D

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

the trailer... 0:05.. even though I dont understand what HJ said it made me laugh..it sounds like meow...  

She is saying: "Long time no see, fox".:D

And here she is hostile to a man, a human. Maybe that's why Lee yeon is starting to fight her. Or she attack him first and he is in defence. To fight in a weading dress...  impresive. :D

1 hour ago, larus said:

She is saying: "Long time no see, fox".:D

it was ''fox'' not ''meow''...  :lol:

1 hour ago, larus said:

To fight in a weading dress...  impresive. :D

I absolutely love her unique personality....  and I also think the men are a little afraid of her... :approves:

53 minutes ago, larus said:

He appears in the a fighing scene with Lee Yeon. Who wearing a mask? I am intrigued

Im pretty sure he didnt appear in the S1.  He doesnt look like a villain to me.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Im pretty sure he didnt appear in the S1.  He doesnt look like a villain to me.  :unsure:

I wonder if he is responsable for the time travel. He looks like a person who contamplates, who looks from the afar and knows something. And he is not a human. He jumps high just like Lee yeon. But maybe he us just another foe and nothing more. I think too much at this point. :D

• Like 1

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, And Ryu Kyung Soo Hold Their Weapon Of Choice In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Posters

Apr 10, 2023
by S. Kim
tvN’s upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has dropped new eye-catching character posters.

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

In the newly released posters, the four main characters each hold an object that is meaningful to them. The first poster features nine-tailed fox Yi Yeon with a Winchester rifle in his hands. The text that reads, “You’re baffled? I understand. Because that’s exactly how I feel right now,” shows his emotional state after being dragged back to 1938, leaving his loved ones behind.

tale-1938_01.jpeg

“Mountain Goddess of the West” Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) overwhelms viewers with her elegant looks in a white dress and fancy accessories. She hands a ring to someone saying, “Honey, you came.” Viewers are curious to find out whether Hong Joo, who has been longing for Yi Yeon for hundreds of years, will be able to get his response this time.

tale-1938_03.jpeg

Half-gumiho Yi Rang (Kim Bum) greets Yi Yeon by saying chillingly, “Brother, you aren’t dead yet?” 1938 is the time Yi Rang’s misunderstanding about his elder brother Yi Yeon has yet to be resolved, so the hatred and rebelliousness in his eyes look familiar. The rugged ax in his right hand contrasts with his elegant and well-fitted three-piece suit.

Spoiler

tale-1938_02.jpeg

Yi Yeon’s longtime friend and former “Mountain God of the North” Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo) exudes mysterious vibes. The appearance of Moo Young where light is cast only on half of his face resembles the mask in his hand. He declares an all-out war against Yi Yeon, saying, “I will take my revenge until I take away everything that he cherishes.” Curiosity is raised for the story hidden behind the two.

Spoiler

tale-1938_04.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out a teaser here!

• Like 1

Love the character posters...  :approves:

My fav is Lee Rang's poster...

The masked man is Mu Young...:D..  He is a mysterious character...

I dont understand why Hongju is not with her sword in that poster...   :unsure:

so gorgeous...   

FtUoTf-aQAE7_nZ?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Wait...the loveline between LeeRang and the girl...  nice..  

Yeah, we knew that since the leaked character description. She is a mermaid. It looks like she has s connection to the Snail Bride. 

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Love the character posters... 

My fav is Lee Rang's poster...

The masked man is Mu Young...:D..  He is a mysterious character...

I dont understand why Hongju is not with her sword in that poster...   :unsure:

I found out that Mu Young was the masked man because the tvN twitter emojis. It was not a surprize but I have other curiosity. I wonder if he is the one who made the time travel possible. It is too early to know.

About Hong Joo... the ring is her weapon of choice! :D It is funny but I really hope the writer don't exagerate in her obsession to marry Lee Yeon. She is a very powerful former mountain god! I really hope they made her something important to do in this era. I will be disappointed if she will only chase Lee Yeon. 

I have a confirmation that Mu young has a crush on Hong Joo. I had a feeling that he might be because of his drinking habit. Hong joo has a high tolerence on alchol and she doesn't have a rival at drinking. :D

Who is the other young man connected to Hong joo? That's knew information.