[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

6 minutes ago, Kathia said:

Yes, I know how you feel. Let me guess, episodes 1-5 (2218 timeline), episodes 6-9 (2319 timeline), episodes 10-13 (2420 timeline), and episodes 14-16 (2521 timeline).

I guess we're not going to get much of their romantic phase, but I'm okay with that. Romance is just a bonus to this wonderful show.

:) That sounds good to me!

I also like the build-up and do not care to have a lot of lovey-dovey scenes. Plus we are getting so many meaningful scenes that already make my heart flutter!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Kathia said:

Yes, I know how you feel. Let me guess, episodes 1-5 (2218 timeline), episodes 6-9 (2319 timeline), episodes 10-13 (2420 timeline), and episodes 14-16 (2521 timeline).

I guess we're not going to get much of their romantic phase, but I'm okay with that. Romance is just a bonus to this wonderful show.

I think eps 9 is where NHD and BYJ hugging in the beach. . So I wonder if they are still 23 19 or both already adult? Because till now I think the production team is quite careful not to cross the line (skinship), so far they only holding hand once but its because they are in hurry. So they could be already in adult phase, 24 20 or 25 21

Well I still hope more romantic scenes :p their friendship is cute and all, but still thay have really good chemistry, it would be waste if they have short romantic moments

• Like 3

After watching this episode, all I have is one question.. 

What does this yurim girl want?

Should heedo stop existing for her sake ?

Everything heedo does annoys this girl. There is just no way to satisfy this girl.

I get her circumstances , the pressure she is facing and all but is heedo a punching bag?

She takes out all her frustration on heedo, why? Jealousy? Ego? 

What is it?

Why heedo is still talking to this girl?

It surprised me when she asked yurim if she wants to share a cab to NTC. Why heedo ? Why? Can't the fl ignore her? Pretend like she is invisible or something? 

It's just frustrating, I hope the writer resolve their fight in a proper way,

I don't want them to become  friends suddenly in just one scene.

I wish to have a proper build up leading to their friendship.

The fl should get an opportunity to ignore yurim atleast once.

• Like 3

Bona (the actress that plays Ko Yu-Rim) stated in a fancafe that she's ready to say good bye to Ko Yu-Rim. Is series production already wrapping up or does this mean her character is getting an early exit from the drama. Which begs the question, does something tragic happens to Yu-Rim prior or during the 21-25 timeline?   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skysky said:

I think eps 9 is where NHD and BYJ hugging in the beach. . So I wonder if they are still 23 19 or both already adult? Because till now I think the production team is quite careful not to cross the line (skinship), so far they only holding hand once but its because they are in hurry. So they could be already in adult phase, 24 20 or 25 21

Well I still hope more romantic scenes :p their friendship is cute and all, but still thay have really good chemistry, it would be waste if they have short romantic moments

I don't think its YJ hugging HD. That scene from the teaser/trailer looks like the scene where YJ hugged his mom on the beach.

I don't expect to see some skinship other than holding hands until 2521 timeline. This will be a slow-burn :D

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kathia said:

I don't think its YJ hugging HD. That scene from the teaser/trailer looks like the scene where YJ hugged his mom on the beach.

I don't expect to see some skinship other than holding hands until 2521 timeline. This will be a slow-burn :D

No, its BYJ and NHD. The other teaser is BYJ voice over in same beach and outfit and its written as ep 9

spacer.png

So yeah we should wait some more, 3 eps to go for the romance I guess

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

Actually when they reunited during the protest in my favourite scene, my mind was cast back to that iconic scene in Forrest Gump when Forrest and Jenny reunited during the Vietnam War protest.  :lol:.  This drama gives me that Forrest Gump feel.  The nostalgia, the quirky funny moments, the mismatch when it comes to the OTP (he’s so level and mature whilst she’s crass and loud), the times, their reunions and then partings.  The child too maybe? And just like Jenny kept the child a secret from Forrest, HD did the same (by giving her a different surname) :o, to allow YJ the freedom to pursue his dream in the meantime?  And just like FG in the end when they had that final reunion, it’s all revealed.  But please no to someone dying (like Jenny did of AIDS).  :tears:

1 hour ago, Dev11O said:

What does this yurim girl want?

YR’s whole identity is tied up with her gold medal.  She’s used to all aura and reverence from others.  She (erroneously) believes that without that she’s nobody.  She’s reacting with meanness to HD out of fear and her own insecurities.  Fear makes people behave irrationality.  She’s mean to HD because she wants to put her down and not entertain the thought that HD could possibly beat her in a competition.  If you remove HD as a threat, she’s actually nice to HD (in their online chats as InJeoMi and Ryder37).  Everything about HD feels like a threat to her.  Her relative wealth.  Her rapid climb in ranks.  YR admitted when she was little that she was scared of HD.  HD isn’t afraid to fail.  YR is.  Morbidly so.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Skysky said:

No, its BYJ and NHD. The other teaser is BYJ voice over in same beach and outfit and its written as ep 9

So yeah we should wait some more, 3 eps to go for the romance I guess

Ohhh I see. Thank you ;)  But I won't get my hopes high, because I felt extremely disappointed in Bulgasal (scenes from teasers that never appeared in the drama). What if they filmed that beach scene just for tearers/trailers? Let's hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

YR’s whole identity is tied up with her gold medal.  She’s used to all aura and reverence from others.  She (erroneously) believes that without that she’s nobody.  She’s reacting with meanness to HD out of fear and her own insecurities.  Fear makes people behave irrationality.  She’s mean to HD because she wants to put her down and not entertain the thought that HD could possibly beat her in a competition.  If you remove HD as a threat, she’s actually nice to HD (in their online chats as InJeoMi and Ryder37).  Everything about HD feels like a threat to her.  Her relative wealth.  Her rapid climb in ranks.  YR admitted when she was little that she was scared of HD.  HD isn’t afraid to fail.  YR is.  Morbidly so.  

Yes! That is why I feel sorry for her and I understand her. I don't condone her attitude, I just say I understand why she is like that. I think the wealth thing si something very predominent... I mean remember YR's 'first love' was BYJ's car! Ha ha... Joke asside, I think her injury might have made YR even more desperate and thus meaner to HD...

I also think that is why she likes JW so much - he seems to see her beyond the fencer.

@kboramintThey started filming at the beginning of September so Guess they should be almost done by now.

• Like 3

Guys who do think will win the gold medal next episode . Heedo or yurim?

I think heedo will win the match , but it will be a very close win.

Remember the first match between yurim and heedo, in the presence of coach lady, where she ruled in favour of heedo, I think it will be like that. The referee will rule in favour of heedo. 

But our dear yurim will find it Hard to accept the results and after the match during the press con yurim will probably say something like it was suppose to be her win but she faced injustice and all.

This will probably turn everyone against heedo.

After all ,people only know and like yurim. They will side with her , and for heedo it will be like a win but also a loss.

Heedo doesn't even have her coach on her side, the federation everyone is on yurim's side .

I think at this point both yurim and heedo's relationship starts to change.

Maybe after seeing all the hate heedo is getting because of yurim,she will have a change of heart.

In the diary TVN released before the drama, it is given like this, both say something at press conference during the heat of the moment, the press will make it into a big issue for their greed.

Probably portraying yurim and heedo as the biggest rivals in fencing history.

This situation changes both of their attitudes towards each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Why heedo is still talking to this girl?

It surprised me when she asked yurim if she wants to share a cab to NTC. Why heedo ? Why? Can't the fl ignore her? Pretend like she is invisible or something? 

One of the things that I love about Hee Do is because Hee Do is Hee Do.  She knows herself well and what she wants to do.  It doesn't matter what others said.  It doesn't matter what others do at the end Hee Do will do what Hee Do knows and wants the best.  She may get disappointed, she may get hurt in the beginning but then she just changed her perspective and back to her own self.  

I guess this is my interpretation of properly loving oneself that is very difficult but necessary.  I guess it's just like the relationship she has with her mother ....  all the hateful word thrown .. but she managed to fight her own way ... to get what she want...  For some, they might have serious insecurity complex already ...

Can't help but admire her... 

FMqLfbaacAI6dEt?format=jpg&name=large

p.s Will be MIA for a while.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

One of the things that I love about Hee Do is because Hee Do is Hee Do.  She knows herself well and what she wants to do.  It doesn't matter what others said.  It doesn't matter what others do at the end Hee Do will do what Hee Do knows and wants the best.  She may get disappointed, she may get hurt in the beginning but then she just changed her perspective and back to her own self.  

Exactly.  The right thing to do will always remain the right thing to do.  Whether you choose to do it or not.  You can choose to “hate” your rival and blame them for all your deficiencies or use devious tactics (like her fencing opponent who was stalling for time in the competition) or you can choose the high road.  Stick to your own game plan, your own life plan (of not wishing ill on another just because they aren’t nice to you).  If everyone stuck to the adage “an eye for an eye” the whole world would end up blind.  You can’t control how the other person will behave, but you can control your response.  Like Coach said, stick to your game plan.  Don’t let the other person get you all flustered or worked up.  Holding a grudge takes a lot of energy.  It only works against you.  Look at how tense and depressed YR seems all the time.  Contrast HD who is just breezing through life in spite of all her “problems”.  She could’ve been all moody and sad because her mom isn’t there to support her but she doesn’t stay in that headspace.  She accepts it and moves on.  She’s still hopeful.  She still loves life.  That’s why YJ loves being around her.  She lifts him up.  Her unmitigated joy that bubbles up like the water bubblers.  It’s infectious.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, agenth said:

Also shoutout to their ALTERNATIVE meeting.

HAHAHAHA

i laughed out loud to this one.. imagine you're running, and someone came along chatted and then started to strip the backpack off your shoulders.. all these done while still running.. i would probably trip and fall while the person was trying to get the bag off me..

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Kathia said:

What if they filmed that beach scene just for tearers/trailers? Let's hope I'm wrong.

i can totally relate, cos i watched that Bulgasal drama as well lol

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I guess it's just like the relationship she has with her mother ....  all the hateful word thrown ..

the scene at the photography shop instantly flashed when you said this.. lol

criminal photo on the press.. lol then both declined spontaneously when the boss offered a complimentary mother-daughter photo.. hahahaha

i'm assuming HD had been closer to her dad than her mom..

but i like how her mom said it, that she will not be the one to praise her, she will be helping to make the world see and praise her instead (not the exact phrase, but the interpretation).

that's the love from a stern and capable mother who holds lots of respect and authority with the people around her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Kathia said:

Ohhh I see. Thank you ;)  But I won't get my hopes high, because I felt extremely disappointed in Bulgasal (scenes from teasers that never appeared in the drama). What if they filmed that beach scene just for tearers/trailers? Let's hope I'm wrong.

Its already written as ep 9, so I dont think its only for teaser? Also in same teaser, when it's written as eps 5 and eps 4, its also shown exactly like the teaser in the drama, 

Finally after searching for a while I found the teaser + translation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Dev11O We may be annoyed with Yu Rim but I really appreciate the honest portrayal. In real life, there are insecure people like her and they project this insecurity in many ways.

I don’t think Yu Rim is too bad - it’s just she is young and has no one yet to help her work in her issues. I’ve had the displeasure of knowing someone with serious insecurity issues as an adult and it’s 100x worst. They are so paranoid, seeing themselves as victims, and then manipulate people all around to maintain their position. Toxic and so draining! 

I hope Hee-Do and Ji-Woong can help Yu Rim before she gets to this point. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@Skysky Thank you for the info. So, those scenes will really happen, and in episode 9. So does that mean we are staying longer in 2319? I hope not, 'cause that means that 2521 will be short. But I will cross fingers and hope that beach scene is from summer 2420 (they all look friendly even YR with HD).

Also, do you know which episode will be the scene where they dress funny and YJ sighs 'cause he's embarrased? That scene looks funny! And since YR and HD seem to get along fine, maybe it shares the same timelime as the beach scene.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kathia said:

Also, do you know which episode will be the scene where they dress funny and YJ sighs 'cause he's embarrased? That scene looks funny! And since YR and HD seem to get along fine, maybe it shares the same timelime as the beach scene.

I think it happens in the same episode. He picks them up to go to the beach and they are dressed like that. So perhaps it is a two-day one-night trip? That would be my guess. Maybe graduation trip?

• Like 4