[Drama 2022] Dr. Park’s Clinic/Internist Park Won-Jang,내과 박원장- Lee Seo Jin & Ra Mi Ran

larus

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am more curious about his bald head. so is he shaving his mop off to give a balding experience. heheheh.. not many actors will do that. but then there are also stills with him having hair. so will he wearing a wig? is this all going to be part of the comic feel of the drama?

I don`t think he shaved his head for this role. Probably he will appear bold in some scenes and said that his character will wear a wig. I can`t find a good reason to shave his head in reality and then wearing a wig for the role.

When I saw the poster I had a shock. I laughed. :w00t: It is distracting to appear this way in the drama but for the comedy... why not? :w00t:.

• Like 3

Lee Seo Jin Talks About The Reactions To His Transformation For Upcoming Medical Comedy Drama

Dec 16, 2021
by C. Hong

TVING’s upcoming original drama” Internal Medicine Director Park” (literal translation) has released new stills of star Lee Seo Jin!

Based on a webtoon, “Internal Medicine Director Park” is a reality-oriented comedy that depicts the “funny and sad” life of a doctor. Director Park dreamed of becoming a true doctor, but he agonizes between the art of medicine and his business abilities in a clinic with barely any patients.

The drama previously shocked viewers with a look at Lee Seo Jin’s complete transformation into Director Park. Lee Seo Jin said, “Ever since I was young, I’ve always liked the comedy genre. Back then, comedy skits were all the rage, so I enjoyed shows like ‘Humor No. 1.’ I also like American sitcoms like ‘Modern Family’ and other comedy shows. I chose this drama because it gave off B-comedy vibes.”

He continued, “As an actor, I don’t think costumes or makeup are hard for me to do. When we first did the bald style, I laughed with my entire staff at the result. When I revealed the style on set, everyone cheered. I saw their reactions and thought, ‘I did well to take on this style.'”

Lee Seo Jin also shared a funny reaction he had seen after the reveal of the poster, saying, “I saw a comment that said, ‘Lee Seo Jin works so hard, I should work hard as well.’ I saw that and thought, ‘Now I have to work harder too.'”

The new stills released by TVING show the balding Director Park sitting with a firm but kindly gaze behind his doctor’s desk. Interestingly, there is a wig on the stand beside him. In other stills, he puts on the awkward-looking wig as he strolls cheerily through the park and peeks carefully out of his office.

lee-seo-jin.jpeg

lee-seo-jin-1.jpeg

lee-seo-jin-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504103wpp/lee-seo-jin-talks-about-the-reactions-to-his-transformation-for-upcoming-medical-comedy-drama

• Like 1

He's bald. Lee Seo Jin is bald.. for this drama.  :lol:

I agree with larus, for the comedy, why not. And it's also a wig.  He'd never shave his hair.  I don't think.

Two of my favorites are  leads. Ra Mi Ran.and Lee Seo Jin. I'll be watching. This be better not be corny :D:lol:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jongski said:

I agree with larus, for the comedy, why not. And it's also a wig.  He'd never shave his hair.  I don't think.

Two of my favorites are  leads. Ra Mi Ran.and Lee Seo Jin. I'll be watching. This be better not be corny

There are lots of remakes from other dramas or webtons. This drama is not an exception. I heard that the webton was succesful and I am hoping the drama will be good too. I am not worried. The cast is talented and I am sure the script will be good as well. I like when the comedy is more subtle, inspired from ordinary life and not over the top. I read that the writer was a doctor and he wrote from his experience. It is what I like to see. The premise is good. Let see the result.

• Like 2

Second poster has been released.

Director of Internal Medicine', Lee Seo-jin and Ra Mi-ran couple

[Seoul=Newspim] Reporter Lee Ji-eun = Posters of Lee Seo-jin and Ra Mi-ran of TVing's original 'Internal Medicine Director Park' have been released.

2112210949367710.jpg

The pink (?) mode of Park Won-jang and Samorim in the published poster causes laughter. Affectionately wraps her husband's shoulder. However, in contrast to the Samurai, Park Won-jang, who exudes a salty smell with a gloomy expression, provokes laughter. Above all, expectations are focused on the two people who showed extraordinary marital chemistry from the poster. Lee Seo-jin praised Ra Mi-ran, who he is working with, saying, "No need to say, she is a really good actor." He added, "It was fun to act together, but it was very fun to talk outside of filming. A pleasant actor."

Ra Mi-ran also said about Lee Seo-jin, "He has a 'tsundere'-like aspect that takes care of him like he doesn't care. Also, he knows a lot, so if you ask him anything, he answers everything," raising expectations for the chemistry between the two.

https://m.newspim.com/news/view/20211221000153

• Like 2

Ra Mi Ran Comforts A Debt-Ridden Lee Seo Jin In Hilarious New Poster For Upcoming Comedy Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 21, 2021
by S. Nam

TVING’s upcoming original drama “Internal Medicine Director Park” (literal translation) released a new poster of Lee Seo Jin and Ra Mi Ran!

Based on a webtoon, “Internal Medicine Director Park” is a reality-oriented comedy that depicts the “funny and sad” life of a doctor. Director Park (Lee Seo Jin) dreamed of becoming a true doctor, but he agonizes between the art of medicine and his business abilities in a clinic with barely any patients.

Lee Seo Jin has already showcased his drastic transformation into Director Park. Standing before complete disaster, Director Park will make viewers wonder if he’ll be able to turn the fate of his clinic around. Furthermore, Ra Mi Ran will take on the role of his wife Sa Mo Rim and add additional comedy to the drama. She believes in home remedies more than her husband, but her reckless and passionate support for Director Park will cheer him up while simultaneously making him more concerned.

In the new poster, Director Park and Sa Mo Rim are surrounded by a lovely pink background. Sa Mo Rim has her arms affectionately around her husband Director Park and wears an eye-catching look from head to toe, while Director Park appears pitiful with a sad expression. Sa Mo Rim tries to comfort him by lifting his chin up gently. With his money flying away in the background and thoughts of his negative bank account and loans pestering him, Director Park sheds a tear, raising anticipation for his pitiful yet hilarious story. The text on the poster reads, “Newly opened clinic doctor, rookie Director Park’s survival story of escaping deficit.”

Ra-Mi-Ran-Lee-Seo-Jin1.jpg

In particular, the poster raises anticipation for Lee Seo Jin and Ra Mi Ran’s chemistry. Lee Seo Jin commented, “Needless to say, she’s a really great actress. It was enjoyable acting together, and it was also really fun talking with her outside of filming. She’s a refreshing actress.” Ra Mi Ran remarked, “He has a tsundere (appearing cold on the outside, but warm on the inside) side by taking care of you without seeming to do so. He also knows a lot of things, so he’ll answer everything you ask about.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504835wpp/ra-mi-ran-comforts-a-debt-ridden-lee-seo-jin-in-hilarious-new-poster-for-upcoming-comedy-drama

• Like 2

'Internal Medicine Director Park' Ra Mi-ran, a hot laugh... Seojin Lee and couple chemistry

GH5K57DYS76MKMTO2J7M7CFKAQ.jpg

In drama 'Internal Medicine Director Park', actress Ra Mi-ran delivers a warm smile.

On the December23rd, Tving's original web drama 'Chief of Internal Medicine' released a photo of Ra Mi-ran transformed into a 'Samorim' with an unusual personality.

'Internal Medicine Director Park' is a medical comedy depicting the 'funny' reality of a novice doctor. It is based on the webtoon of the same name.

The character played by Ra Mi-Ran, is the wife of Won-Jang Park (Seo-Jin Lee), who relentlessly uses her folk remedies for her husband and her family. She is sometimes reckless and overly hot, but in fact she is a loving person who loves her family more than anyone else. Rami Ran and Lee Seo-jin will show off the chemistry of a couple who hit the goal, and will convey her laughter.

In the published photos, you can see the image of Samo Rim, who goes back and forth between her arrogance and brightness. Her trademark pearl necklace glistens around her Samo Rim's neck, which gracefully drinks her cup of coffee. Especially in front of her germanium bracelet, Samo Rim's face is in full bloom.

Ra Mi-ran said, "When I first received the script, the charms of the characters that I couldn't get out of were interesting." "Samorim is a cute, lovable, and family-loving person. I paid a lot of attention to styling to highlight such a figure. Especially Jinju. The necklace is the trademark of Samorim."

'Internal Medicine Director Park' will be released on TV on January 14th.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/broadcast/2021/12/23/UQZ7XUGBOHNWQH7C6XWQSMMQMQ/

• Like 2

Ra Mi Ran Is A Loving Wife Who Likes The Finer Things In Life In Upcoming Comedy Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 23, 2021
by C. Hong

TVING has shared new teasers of Ra Mi Ran in “Internal Medicine Director Park” (literal translation)!

Based on a webtoon, “Internal Medicine Director Park” is a realistic comedy drama about the “funny and sad” life of a doctor. Director Park (Lee Seo Jin) dreamed of becoming a true doctor, but he agonizes between the art of medicine and his business abilities in a clinic with barely any patients. Ra Mi Ran co-stars as his wife, Sa Mo Rim.

In the new teasers, Ra Mi Ran captures the funny side of Sa Mo Rim’s back-and-forth between childlike joy and proud aloofness. Sa Mo Rim is a woman who enjoys the finer things in life, like having a cup of coffee in elegant surroundings and wearing pearls. Despite being married to a doctor, she is absolutely delighted when she sees a germanium bracelet, which is believed by some people to have health benefits.

Despite her comedic appearance in the stills, Sa Mo Rim is a woman who is devoted to her husband and family. Unlike her husband’s focus on scientific medicine, she believes in home remedies and uses them liberally to take care of her family. Sometimes she goes over-the-top and is hard to rein in, but she is an affectionate and loving woman.

ra-mi-ran.jpeg

ra-mi-ran-1.jpeg

Spoiler

ra-mi-ran-2.jpeg

Ra Mi Ran said, “When I first saw the script, I was strongly attracted to this character. She’s cute and lovable and overflowing with family love. I kept that in mind when I did the styling for the character. Her pearl necklace is her trademark.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1505293wpp/ra-mi-ran-is-a-loving-wife-who-likes-the-finer-things-in-life-in-upcoming-comedy-drama

• Like 2

Exclusive] Park Seong-woong, special appearances in 'Exclusive Foreign Assistant' for ♥ Shin Eun-jung, and 'Park Director of Internal Medicine'

110937507.2.jpg

Actor Park Seong-woong starts shooting to support his wife Shin Eun-jung as a ‘special assistant’.

As a result of Donga.com coverage, Park Seong-woong will make a special appearance in the first episode of Tving's original 'Internal Medicine Director Park Won-beom' (directed by Seo Jun-beom). Park Seong-woong, who presented a reversal with a humorous charm unlike his usual bitter eyes, adds power to the work by appearing characters that will provide dramatic fun in 'Park Wonjang of Internal Medicine'. In particular, Park Seong-woong's 'Excellent Apprenticeship' is expected to shine in that it is his wife Shin Eun-jung's comeback work.

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Director of Internal Medicine Park” is a medical comedy depicting the “funny” reality of a novice doctor who is not even wise. Director Park's story of escaping the fittest, who dreamed of becoming a true doctor, but still struggles between medicine and craftsmanship in a flying doctor's office today, gives a pleasant laugh and empathy. Director Seo Jun-beom, a hit maker in the advertising industry, plans to complete a trendy comedy by taking on the script and directing.

Following Lee Seo-jin and Ra Mi-ran, Cha Cheong-hwa, Shin Eun-jung, Kim Kwang-gyu, Jeong Hyeong-seok, Seo Beom-jun, Joo Woo-yeon, and Kim Kang-hoon appear as the main characters. In addition, various characters will appear to deliver unexpected laughter and empathy.

‘Internal Medicine Director Park’ will be released exclusively on TV on January 14, 2022.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20211224/110937516/2

• Like 2

by lo_ve, December 24, 2021

On December 24th, media outlet dongA shared that Park Sung Woong will be making a cameo in his wife's upcoming drama titled "Internal Medicine Director Park." 

Park Sung Woong is the husband of actress Shin Eun Jung who is part of the drama "Internal Medicine Director Park."

"Internal Medicine Director Park" is the latest work of director Seo Joon Bum. The drama is based on a webtoon of the same name by Jang Bong Soo. It will narrate the story of a novice doctor who opens his own internal medicine clinic to earn more money. 

The drama will be led by Lee Seo Jin, Ra Mi Ran, Cha Chung Hwa, Shin Eun Jung, Kim Kwang Gyu, and Jung Hyung Suk

Park Sung Woong will play as a special foreign assistant in the upcoming series. 

Actor Park Sung-woong will start shooting his wife Shin Eun-jung as a "special foreign assistant."

"Internal Medicine Director Park" will premiere on January 14, 2022, and it will exclusively be available on OTT platform TVING. 

4zrkk_2f.jpg

Park Sung Woong got married to actress Shin Eun Jung in 2008. For his cameo appearance, there's no information yet on whether he will act together with his wife or with other casts. 

The actor is currently starring in the ongoing JTBC drama "Snowdrop." He will also be part of the upcoming drama "Bloodhound." 

Aside from dramas, Park Sung Woong will also join several movies such as "Gentleman," "Ungnami," "The Wild," and "Hunt."

Park Sung Woong is known for being part of the dramas "Rugal," "When the Devil Calls Your Name," "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes," "Man to Man," "The Bridal Mask," "Cain and Abel," and many more. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-sung-woong-to-make-a-cameo-in-upcoming-drama-internal-medicine-director-park

• Like 2

'Internal Medicine Director Park' Cha Cheong-hwa "Lee Seo-jin's bare hair makeup looks really good"

RYHSETHPEYV6OWV7FBS6SPUOEU.jpg

In the photo released on the 27th, Cha Mi-young, who perfectly received Wonjang Park's internal medicine, catches her eye. Cha Mi-young, the head nurse, leaning at the reception desk and pouring a cup of mixed coffee. She subtly hints at a tiring hospital life with soulless eyes. However, the moment she switched to 'work mode', a 'capitalist smile' was automatically installed on Cha Mi-young's face. She opens the door to the director's office and enters the world with a bright smile, and a unique 'experience' is felt.

Cha Cheong-hwa plays the role of 'Cha Mi-young', a veteran nursing car who dreams of a 'salary Lupine' today. Cha Mi-young, an experienced professional, is one step ahead of Park Won-jang (Lee Seo-jin), a 'novice doctor', and is the hidden power of the hospital. I wonder if nurse Cha Mi-young, who is in charge of the housekeeping of Dr. Park's internal medicine, can become a strong pillar of the hospital, and what changes will come to Dr. Park's internal medicine, which was on the verge of a 'crash'. Above all, Cha Cheong-hwa, who has emerged as a 'trend actor' by performing an active role in each work, stimulates anticipation for her comical acting. Here, attention is focused on the comic synergy with Lee Seo-jin and other hospital family members.

Cha Cheong-hwa explained the charm of 'Park Director of Internal Medicine', saying, "Lee Seo-jin's bald-haired makeup suits her so unexpectedly that it makes me smile and attractive. I felt that way when I first received the script." She continued, "Cha Mi-young has been running so hard for 20 years that she wants to rest right before the 'burnout', but she is a person who lives diligently in her own way, thinking, 'I hope the hospital doesn't go down and patients come' because of the reality of living. 'Your own' is the point. Please look forward to what kind of fun it will be," raising expectations about the character.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/12/27/BQ7WRBHV7XNTB45IHPRVACSRLE/

• Like 2

December 29 2021

Group poster for TVING drama “Dr. Park’s Clinic”

Dr_Parks_Clinic-GP1.jpeg

Group poster added for TVING drama series “Dr. Park’s Clinic” starring Lee Seo-Jin & Ra Mi-Ran. Caption on the poster states “Kind treatment! Clinic specializing in laughter! Solving Lethargy!” Meanwhile, the second teaser trailer for the drama series can be viewed at AsianWiki.

“Dr. Park’s Clinic” streams from January 14, 2022 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Dr. Park Won-Jang (Lee Seo-Jin) recently opened his own internal medicine clinic. His goal is to become acknowledged as a skilled physician and make a lot of money in the process. He thought that if he opened his own clinic, the money would soon roll in. Reality is a little different for Park Won-Jang. His clinic receives very few patients and it is teetering on insolvency. He struggles to save his clinic. Making things worse, he also suffers from hair loss. Meanwhile, Park Won-Jang is married to Sa Mo-Rim (Ra Mi-Ran). His wife trusts the advice of medical TV programs more than her husband.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/group-poster-for-tving-drama-dr-parks-clinic

• Like 1

Shin Eun-jung X Kim Kwang-gyu X Jeong Hyeong-seok, three directors of 'Oji Rapper' who overturned 'Internal Medicine Director Park'

202112301103446927_d.jpg

Shin Eun-jung, Kim Kwang-gyu, and Jung Hyeong-seok, who are individualistic actors, will appear in the TVing original 'Internal Medicine Director Park'.

In the published photos, Seonwoo Su-ji, Jimin-ji, and Choi Hyung-seok, who exude unusual energy, cause laughter. As soon as they sat on the sofa as if they felt 'home away from home' at Wonjang Park's internal medicine clinic, the three people grabbed the candy first. The curious faces are interesting whether they witnessed even a surprising sight. From the director of anal surgery, Susie Seon, who looks elegant but has sharp eyes, to the director of obstetrics and gynecology, who is unusual in the term 'luminous angel' in the cell phone, to Hyung-seok Choi, who radiates a bright smile with a rough visual holding a hammer.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0117_202112301103446927

• Like 1

[Director Park, Internal Medicine] A wise and 'wanted' doctor's life, the reality?

Seo-jin Lee, the greatest comic challenge ever...'Internal Medicine Director Park's main trailer released

5WSMRW4RZJFTBMFCF5V632MGLA.jpg

The main trailer released on this day begins with the heartbreaking question of Park Won-jang (Lee Seo-jin), "Do hospitals have open feet?" Wonjang Park, who grew up dreaming of seeing wonderful doctors on TV as a child. His dream came true after much hard work, but his life as a doctor is not easy. I thought everything would be fine once the hospital opened, but in the tearful record of 0 morning appointments and 0 afternoon appointments, Director Park decides to fasten his belt. One cup of mixed coffee a day, and Park Won-sang's salty explosion that blocks the entrance to the water purifier, nurse Cha Mi-young (Cha Cheong-hwa) is astonished.

In the harsh reality, Park Won-jang does not lose his smile thanks to his wife Lim (Ra Mi-ran). The appearance of Park Won-jang and the couple exchanging unconventional glances whenever they have time causes laughter. Although he gets insulted by his wife for his greed for gags that cross the line, his family is Park Won-jang's strong support.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/12/31/5MTTKDXDA6D6YGWAMN2NQK7IJI/

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Seo Jin Struggles To Set Up A Medical Clinic With The Help Of Ra Mi Ran, Cha Chung Hwa, Kim Kwang Gyu, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 2, 2022
by C. Hong

TVING’s upcoming drama “Internal Medicine Director Park” (literal translation) has released its main teaser!

“Internal Medicine Director Park” is a medical comedy drama about the “funny and sad” life of a doctor. Lee Seo Jin stars as Director Park, who dreamed of becoming a doctor but now agonizes between the art of medicine and his business skills in a clinic with barely any patients.

The teaser begins with Director Park asking desperately, “Do hospitals have beginner’s luck too? If I open a hospital, patients will stand in line, right?” He reveals that he dreamed of becoming a doctor after seeing the cool doctors on TV, and after years and years of hard work, finally became a doctor. But the reality of opening his own clinic is that he gave no treatments in the morning and has no appointments in the afternoon. In order to cut costs, he tells nurse Cha Mi Young (Cha Chung Hwa) to limit the mix coffees to one per day and tapes up the hot water tap on the water dispenser.

Ra Mi Ran shows her comedic chops as Sa Mo Rim, Director Park’s wife. She is a bright and lovable character who trusts the doctors on TV more than she does her husband. She says, “I’ve got to go out for a bit,” when her husband comes home, calling him “oppa” cutely, and he whispers, “When the kids are asleep, can I join you outside?” and the two exchange sneaky winks.

At his endangered clinic, Director Park also has an eclectic cast of colleagues. After seeing his new nurse Cha Ji Hoon (Seo Bum June) with his head nurse, Cha Mi Young, he jokes, “It’s almost like you’re mother and son.” It is revealed that they are actually mother and son and are keeping it a secret from the director. Director Park also has several adventures with his friends and colleagues, such as director of proctological surgery Sun Woo Soo Ji (Shin Eun Jung), director of obstetrics and gynecology Ji Min Ji (Kim Kwang Gyu), and director of urology Choi Hyung Suk (Jung Hyung Suk).

After hearing that there are a lot of malicious comments on Director Park’s clinic, Ji Min Ji says serenely, “I am never bothered when I’m cursed out.” Director Park then curses him out and Ji Min Ji throws down his coffee cup and leaps at him for a fight. Meanwhile, Sa Mo Rim requests her husband take off his wig when he’s at home and he refuses.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1506607wpp/watch-lee-seo-jin-struggles-to-set-up-a-medical-clinic-with-the-help-of-ra-mi-ran-cha-chung-hwa-kim-kwang-gyu-and-more

• Like 1

'Internal Medicine Director Park' Lee Seo-jin X Ra Mi-ran, released a character poster equipped with a sick taste

image_readtop_2022_15398_164142900449083

TVing's original 'Internal Medicine Director Park' was loaded with a sure laughter bomb.

'Park Won-jang' (Director/Screenwriter Seo Jun-beom, provided by TVING, produced by Sidus X-Large Pictures) will be released on the 6th, by Park Won-jang (Lee Seo-jin), Sam Rim (Ra Mi-ran), Posters of Cha Mi-young (Cha Cheong-hwa), Seon Woo Su-ji (Shin Eun-jeong), Jimin-ji (Kim Kwang-gyu), and Choi Hyeong-seok (Jeong Hyeong-seok) are released, raising expectations.

‘Internal Medicine Director Park’ is attracting attention with the actors’ radical transformation and comic synergy. The character poster released on this day also catches the eye by foretelling a different level of laughter.

First, the appearance of Director Park, a novice opener who shakes his wig at the news of the first patient, causes laughter. His wig is on the verge of falling off due to his tense 'pupil earthquake'. On the other hand, the appearance of Samo Rim with a smile on her face is also interesting. In the phrase ‘I am responsible for my family’s health’, Samorim’s cheerful and cheerful voice plays automatically. Nurse Cha Mi-young, enjoying her coffee leisurely, is also unusual. The sight of him humming leisurely in spite of the flying hospital situation brings laughter. ‘Is Wonjang Park an internal medicine doctor? Judging by the words ‘It’s dirty here’, it seems that the dream of ‘salary Lupine’ has already come true.

The meeting of Lee Seo-jin, Ra Mi-ran, Cha Cheong-hwa, Shin Eun-jung, Kim Kwang-gyu, and Jung Hyeong-seok, who will show a new side through 'Park Director of Internal Medicine', is raising expectations more than ever.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2022/01/15398/

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

Stills

'Internal Medicine Director Park' Lee Seo-jin "The main character is bald, the script to go to Kim Kwang-gyu"

image_readtop_2022_39817_164205554249164

Spoiler

image_readmed_2022_39817_164205554249164

'Internal Medicine Director Park' Lee Seo-jin said that he wondered why the bald cast came to him.

In this video, Lee Seo-jin, the lead actor of TVing's original drama 'Park Won-jang', and director Seo Jun-beom conducted an interview.

When Seojin Lee first received the script, she thought, "I understand until the sitcom script came to me. When I received the script and looked up the webtoon, the main character's head was bald. I wondered why the production company gave this script to me. This is a script that should go to a person like this.” Then he confessed, "Wonjang Park's bald head was like a symbol of this webtoon. So I thought it was not something I would do."

Lee Seo-jin said, "Still, I was curious about the intention of the production company, so we met and talked. I asked director Seo Jun-beom if a bald person should play the role of Park Won-jang. At that time, the director said it doesn't matter if he's not bald. So rather, I'm not bald. I said that I don't think so," he said.

He added, "If I were to play the role of Park Won-jang, I thought I should have shown the bald head, the symbol of the work."

Seo Jun-beom said, "Isn't there a lot to talk about about casting? Because I thought it should be surprising, Lee Seo-jin was the one pick. I remember the first exposure scene of the scalp. There was also a scene with the lead actor on set, so I told him to leave only the necessary personnel and go outside. Seeing that, I thought that the person with the highest synchronization rate with Park Won-jang was Lee Seo-jin.”

Seo-jin Lee also said, "I've liked the comedy genre since I was little. I didn't like romantic comedies, but I wanted to try the comedy genre. In the case of 'Park Won-Jang', it was fun because it contains a lot of American B-grade emotions. It was my first time acting, but I had fun filming it." said.

Seo Jun-beom said, "Lee Seo-jin's acting makeover alone is worth seeing. Finally, I thought that Lee Seo-jin wore tailored clothes. There were many times when I admired the monitor. I wondered how this person was not doing comedy."

Seo-jin Lee expressed confidence by saying, "I hope you judge by looking at the bald poster. 'Park Director of Internal Medicine' is a medical comedy depicting the 'funny' reality of a novice doctor. It will be released on TV on the 14th.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/01/39817/

• Like 1

Premiere Watch: Through the Darkness, Dr. Park’s Clinic

by missvictrix

PW-01132022-1.jpg

January is looking like a quiet month for premieres (before the February drama-tsunami hits). That being said, we’ve got two completely different shows hitting the airwaves this weekend: a probing thriller about Korea’s first criminal profiler, and a wacky comedy featuring some of the greats.

Dr. Park’s Clinic

2022011316128067090_1.jpg

Time slot: Friday
Broadcaster: TVING
Genre: Comedy, medical
Episode count: 12

Reasons to watch: Based off a webtoon by the same name, Lee Seo-jin and Ra Mi-ran plays husband and wife in this hilarious-looking “medical” drama. Lee Seo-jin is the eponymous Dr. Park, who’s got serious problems including hair loss, the struggle to keep his newly opened medical clinic afloat, and a wife that trusts the TV over her own husband for medical advice. While I’m curious how the drama will perform, being a TVING original that features a more mature cast, I also have high expectations for the comedy and satire this drama will deliver. I can already anticipate the laughs.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/premiere-watch-through-the-darkness-dr-parks-clinic/

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1